• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlocked the FLIR 2X scope last night. One change they've made that I really like is that now these scopes can actually see through smoke and fog, where as in BF3 they couldn't. That always seemed like a missed opportunity to me.

But now the FLIR, and I believe Thermal vision on tanks, can cut through smoke and all that environmental haze that DICE loves to use.

Fun stuff: equip smoke nades and the FLIR, pop smoke, shoot dudes through smoke, get called a hacker.

I'll come for you with my flares and make your vision glow whiter than Hitler's dreams

Love the Jets and Choppers. Learn to deal with them, nothing is impossible in the game.

I deal with them just fine. The attitude of that Battlelog post was pathetic though - the people that feel entitled to fly around a map unfettered, laying waste to lowly infantry on the ground. That's all they want.

I'm currently seeing attack choppers do just fine in this game.

mbmonk

9DtyXjm.gif

This gif was my BF3 PC experience. It drove me crazy.

There was an interview with the head of DICE about a month or so ago. When he was asked about the netcode improvements for BF4, he said they were trying to improve it, but since the game has destruction, vehicles, etc there was only so much they could do to fix it.

Right then I wrote BF4 off. Unfortunately, it looks like IW can't get a decent frame rate out of the next gen systems.. so Bf4 is back in play. :-|

I played on the GAF NA server last night for a good long while without a server crash. Amazing. Apply your fairy dust to all servers!

Obliteration on Operation Locker just might be the worst thing I've ever experienced in a Battlefield game.

I also hate Paracel Storm when your team is incapable of taking out enemy attack boats. Those things are so OP as it is. I've started doing suicide C4 runs to take them out....

jet1911

I played on the GAF NA server last night for a good long while without a server crash. Amazing. Apply your fairy dust to all servers!

Obliteration on Operation Locker just might be the worst thing I've ever experienced in a Battlefield game.

I also hate Paracel Storm when your team is incapable of taking out enemy attack boats. Those things are so OP as it is. I've started doing suicide C4 runs to take them out....

The thing I hate the most about Paracel is that there's almost no way to travel fast on land. A couple of quad bikes would help a lot when you need to go from A to C

Any tips on dogfighting? It just seems to turn into a circle war until one of us gets tired of spinning.

Learning some basic air combat maneuvers can help, stuff like yo-yos, different scissors, barrel roll attacks, etc.

I'm far from an expert pilot in this game (my kingdom for BF2's flight model and flightstick support), but real life dogfighting maneuvers do translate somewhat to the game when it comes to improving your angle of attack or evading a pursuer.

Edit: Also consider binding "Pitch Up" to the space bar if you haven't already. Rolling with the mouse doesn't use up much desk space, but pulling up to do long turns, barrel rolls and loops does, and hitting space for a constant pitch up in addition to your mouse movements is really helpful.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Paracel Storm is such a shit map, far too much of the map is wasted on water and boats just go around fucking everything.

Ground attack jets kill attack boats very easily. The team with the best ground attack jet on that map wins the round.

Finally got to play with the TV missile on the boat...Holy shit. The burst cannon unlock is kinda shit though.

What's with the TV missile? I'm too addicted to the Passive Radar rockets to use anything else. Gives the boat much needed anti-air.

That said, NERF THE BOAT.

edit: or is it Active Radar? The one where you don't need a lock.

wrongway

I've had my share of corner deaths, like every shooter since Counterstrike, but in my experience the delay on them is drastically reduced from BF3. It should definitely be improved, but honestly, it's almost (almost) in the range of what I expect. I also haven't had a single instance of, "I got hit before the guy fired," or "I got hit before the guy even rounded the corner," but I turned my network smoothing off first thing. Garbage setting is garbage.

I have had two instances of weirdly invulnerable guys, though. I don't know if that's netcode related, like the hitbox has become completely desync'd, or or some other bug.

Anyway, hope the latest server update helps resolve server crashes. Seemed like it was better the last couple days, but still kinda crashy. :(

Sethos

Banned
I feel so bad. I hate people camping on that roof and then, by chance, a helicopter went there and I thought "Why not?" 12-15 kills later with the Mk11 and C4 I felt bad.

tw53XZy.gif

Also, what the hell is up with all these rookie recon players? Standing around, trying to line up their shots even in CQ environments.

TLz4jBy.gif

Sethos

Banned
Some of us just suck, alright? :(

That sounded wrong. I just mean, why would you in a CQ situation stand around like that as a recon. I would have blasted up the stairs and pistol whipped my ass. If you aren't a good recon, take on the ranged marksman role. I see this so often, recon players going all assault and dying several times. But hey, it's their choice of course, easy kills for me.

friday

Played with the ace 53 cqb last night. That gun hits hard. Vertical recoil is very strong but I still managed to take out people at longer ranges. Once I unlock the angled grip this gun is gonna be unstoppable. The close range time to kill is so fast, even with the slower ROF.

I hate boat drivers who stop the boat when they are trying to shoot something. The rest of us in the boat just have to sit there in the middle of the water like sitting ducks (literally) because the driver's peanut sized brain can't process the complexity of moving and shooting at the same time. Options are to get blown up when any other boat or air vehicle sees a bunny kill for the taking or jump out and swim for the next 2 minutes until you hit a deserted island.

Also fuck chopper pilots who decide to bail out because they've reached their camping location or they don't have the ability to evade incoming gunfire. Get the other 3 passengers in the chopper killed but hey at least I got to my sniping rooftop right? Pilots shouldn't be allowed to bail if they have passengers onboard and the vehicle health is 25% or less. Go down with the ship you twits.

Played with the ace 53 cqb last night. That gun hits hard. Vertical recoil is very strong but I still managed to take out people at longer ranges. Once I unlock the angled grip this gun is gonna be unstoppable. The close range time to kill is so fast, even with the slower ROF.

Sounds like the G3. And I loved the G3.

Megasoum

Banned
Two quick questions for you guys

1-Do mines stay there after you die? I remember them changing that at some point during BF3 but haven't had a chance to test it in BF4 yet.

2-Is there any reasons to use the LAW over the RPG? Isn't the RPG more powerful and both have lock on no?

That sounded wrong. I just mean, why would you in a CQ situation stand around like that as a recon. I would have blasted up the stairs and pistol whipped my ass. If you aren't a good recon, take on the ranged marksman role. I see this so often, recon players going all assault and dying several times. But hey, it's their choice of course, easy kills for me.

Gotcha, fair enough. I just need to get better at quickly lining up shots. I do love DMR'ing, though, at least in BF3. Haven't tried it in BF4.

Tekku

Has anyones game crashed today? Mine hasn't so far. Seems like that seventh server update fixed some (if not all) of it.

smr00

Banned
So today's patch did nothing?

I really, really want to play this game but i don't want to drop $60 to watch connection errors.

Xyber

Two quick questions for you guys

1-Do mines stay there after you die? I remember them changing that at some point during BF3 but haven't had a chance to test it in BF4 yet.

2-Is there any reasons to use the LAW over the RPG? Isn't the RPG more powerful and both have lock on no?

I know that claymores stay, but haven't tested with mines.

No lock-on for RGP-7 anymore, they removed that after the beta because it was just too good.

Megasoum

Banned
Has anyones game crashed today? Mine hasn't so far. Seems like that seventh server update fixed some (if not all) of it.

I played 4-5 games last night without any crashes. I even survived a full game on Siege of Shangai (well I died in the build when it crashed but I didn't crash lol)

Sethos

Banned
Here's my evening;

Join server, kicked after 5 minutes due to "making room for members"

Join another server, can't, just exits without error.

Third server, disconnected after 10 minutes due to "Something went wrong"

Fourth server, disconnected after 5-10 minutes due to "Something went wrong".

Seriously though, what's the deal with the AC130?

I was gunning and couldn't kill anything. As in, no hit markers. It would maybe register my first hit marker, but nothing after that, even on fucking stationary targets that I see my rounds EXPLODING onto. Is there a bug? I know it was nerfed, but it was ridiculous to fire onto a target until I overheated without any hit markers or kill notifications.

smr00

Banned
Here's my evening;

Join server, kicked after 5 minutes due to "making room for members"

Join another server, can't, just exits without error.

Third server, disconnected after 10 minutes due to "Something went wrong"

Fourth server, disconnected after 5-10 minutes due to "Something went wrong".
Every day i come in here to see if things have been fixed so i can buy it and play it.

Looks like today is another long day of me not being able to get it. Goddamn you EA.. Do you just love to be hated on?

Crisco

Banned
I got that DirectX error message/crash for the first time this morning. The annoying part is once it happened the first time, it kept happening during map load every single time until I restarted my PC. That is really fucked.

Sethos

Banned
Seriously though, what's the deal with the AC130?

I was gunning and couldn't kill anything. As in, no hit markers. It would maybe register my first hit marker, but nothing after that, even on fucking stationary targets that I see my rounds EXPLODING onto. Is there a bug? I know it was nerfed, but it was ridiculous to fire onto a target until I overheated without any hit markers or kill notifications.

Yeah, been in that thing twice and found it completely useless. I was on the 40mm both times and the amount of leading you have to do is crazy, basically aim into tomorrow and when rounds finally land on target ... Nothing.

So is there any hidden differences between the Stubby Grip/Potato Grip, Ergo Grip/Vertical Grip and Angled Grip/Folding Grip?

Or is it purely cosmetic?

I know that claymores stay, but haven't tested with mines.

Mines do stay. Pretty positive claymores do not.

They've made a lot of the Recon stuff stay as well, like TUGS, and now the Radio Beacon doesn't destroy itself when you spawn on it, which is really nice.

Getting a good TUGS down at the beginning of a Domination match can lead to a ton of spotting points for doing pretty much nothing.

Grief.exe

Like Compensator/Muzzle Break you have two attachments that do the same thing, but have different looks aesthetically.

Angled Grip is currently the best bet for min/maxers apparently.

mercviper

Played a bit on NA GAF server last night. Pretty good except for constant crashing on Shanghai. :< Is there a fix for that that I can do on my end?

Yeah, been in that thing twice and found it completely useless. I was on the 40mm both times and the amount of leading you have to do is crazy, basically aim into tomorrow and when rounds finally land on target ... Nothing.

Glad to know it's not just me.

So is there any hidden differences between the Stubby Grip/Potato Grip, Ergo Grip/Vertical Grip and Angled Grip/Folding Grip?

Or is it purely cosmetic?

Let me introduce you to Symthic.

YxBTi6x.png

EDIT: Ah, I didn't realize what you were asking. Yeah, as friday said, the "pairs" are cosmetic, sorry.

sflufan

Banned
Played a bit on NA GAF server last night. Pretty good except for constant crashing on Shanghai. :< Is there a fix for that that I can do on my end?

If you're referring to the server dumping 50% of the players when the Levelution event occurs, there is absolutely nothing you can do. That's a well-known, unresolved bug from DICE...oh wait, I mean "Battlefield Moment."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom