• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keasar

<DMR Convert.

HAd 3 brilliant games on GAF server tonight, culminating in this fine game

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/397858979149122560/180218152/

Got mad skill award, Keasar got consistant scorer, Goncalocastro got best engineer and together we got best squad.

Delicious teamplay. Felt like bf3 in that we were everywhere, fixing problems and causing headaches.

It was really fun playing with the rest of GAF. :)

Only sad thing was that I kept crashing and my stats was reset through the middle of the match all the time. If it hadn't, I'm pretty sure I could have beaten you to the top most of the matches. :p

I'll definitely join you guys again whenever I am not playing with my friends.

Kingbrave

Holy cow just had the most epic string of Rush wins. I we won every single round of rush tonight, and it wasn't even close. Kind of felt bad for the other team but me and my friend along with the other randoms were just on our game. All but 1 game we kept the attackers at the first mcoms, and they would bitch about defenders being too op. The next round we would just dominate and get through all mcoms super quick. Must have played 16 rounds back to back and just kept crushing them.

Then we got to Rush on Locker. They pushed through to the 2nd set of MCOM's and then we held them back. When it was our turn as attackers twice we got down to zero tickets as the attacker and at the last second had a clutch play taking out the MCOM's to get new tickets and advance. Locker is a ton of fun on Rush, but wow the choke points really make it a meat grinder especially since the level gets locked during MCOM's so it really crushes everyone into a few choke points at once.

Game has been very stable for me tonight and having a ton of fun. Really need to try out some of the other game modes though, been sticking with mostly TDM and Rush.

This is the reason I like Operation Locker. It's fun as hell in rush. I could see it getting old really quick in the other modes. I get tons of ribbons from tossing out ammo and don't have to run around because people are in packs in the hallways.

Sethos

Banned
Nop, I just didn't suffer that and I played that game for who knows how many months.

I say again, then it's because you weren't paying attention. It's a problem bound to client-side hit detection and if you do a quick google or search on YouTube you will see it was a pretty significant problem in Battlefield 3 as well. Anyone with a competitive shooter background could spot that shit from a mile away in BF3.

Grief.exe

I say again, then it's because you weren't paying attention. It's a problem bound to client-side hit detection and if you do a quick google or search on YouTube you will see it was a pretty significant problem in Battlefield 3 as well. Anyone with a competitive shooter background could spot that shit from a mile away in BF3.

BC2 had net code issues even after they 'fixed' it as well.

I hated the net code in BF3, its crazy to think that BF4's is so significantly worse I am wishing they would return it to BF3's levels.

Aren't sequels supposed to be about improving and iterating on games instead of a blatant cash grab?

What do you guys think the chances are of getting some free XP Boost packs from support? I keep trying to use them and make a bunch of progress but then lose most of it from server crashes.

To answer myself, no.

Support told me they don't have the ability to give out battlepacks or single items like an XP Boost. They did give me a %15 off in the Origin store, does anyone have any use for that? I don't need it.

Sethos

Banned
BC2 had net code issues even after they 'fixed' it as well.

I hated the net code in BF3, its crazy to think that BF4's is so significantly worse I am wishing they would return it to BF3's levels.

Aren't sequels supposed to be about improving and iterating on games instead of a blatant cash grab?

I think the problems started the moment they implemented Client-side. First Bad Company on the 360 was atrocious in that regard, Battlefield 4 looks like Counter-Strike in comparison. Yes, BF4's implementation does need tweaking but honestly this is what happens when you overload your games.

BF3 was already struggling with that much going on however the addition of synchronised waves, spectator mode, commander mode, constantly having to update the Battlescreen and push to apps puts even more strain on the code. They are simply putting too much dirt in that already bogged down wheelbarrow.

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
With the exception of those that didn't actually tell me their BLog names I added everyone in to the reserved slot list. Kicking to make room isn't completely working with the NFO panel but should work sometime. Right now all that does is place you at the front of the line if there is one.

I messaged those that didn't actually specify their BLog names just to make sure that I put in the right names.

If there is something you guys want to try out or arrange let me know. I paid for the server for 3 months so I'll have it till January. After that I dunno if I'll keep it up or not. We'll see.

Grief.exe

To answer myself, no.

Support told me they don't have the ability to give out battlepacks or single items like an XP Boost. They did give me a %15 off in the Origin store, does anyone have any use for that? I don't need it.

Save it for Titanfall? Of course, you will be able to get a better discount from Green Man Gaming.

And I'm still holding onto hope that it will be released on Steam due to the EA Partners publishing.

DarkFlow

Banned
I can't get battle screen to work on My nexus 7. Won't work with the app or the website. Says it can't find a game or something.

Was dominating a server tonight and came across my first glitcher in a little bird. Unlimited flares for him. Needless to say my domination ended. Be happy when they patch that.

Sethos

Banned
Just rolled on R7 to the GAF EU server;

R7 Update Notes:
*Fixed two of the most common server crashes (All platforms)
Let us know if this patch improves server stability for you.
* The "admin.say" command should now work properly (PC)
* The "vars.preset" command should now work better in conjunction with other vars settings (PC)

Save it for Titanfall? Of course, you will be able to get a better discount from Green Man Gaming.

And I'm still holding onto hope that it will be released on Steam due to the EA Partners publishing.

It expires in Dec, oh well.

In the meantime, this happened again.
9DtyXjm.gif

I'm saving all these videos for a youtube bad netcode montage :D

<DMR Convert.

HAd 3 brilliant games on GAF server tonight, culminating in this fine game

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/397858979149122560/180218152/

Got mad skill award, Keasar got consistant scorer, Goncalocastro got best engineer and together we got best squad.

Delicious teamplay. Felt like bf3 in that we were everywhere, fixing problems and causing headaches.

Yeah, playing with Gaffers felt like a totally different game, there was a lot of teamwork.

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member

I'm saving all these videos for a youtube bad netcode montage :D

That's pretty bad. I always have over 100 ping because I am reaching from Japan to the states and it's never that bad for me. My net smoothing is set to 20.

http://i.imgur.com/9DtyXjm.gif[img]

I'm saving all these videos for a youtube bad netcode montage :D[/QUOTE]

This and putting some bullets into someone but it doesn't register on the crosshair happens to me all the time lol

What's your ping? And have you turned network smoothing off?

I always sort my servers so that I can join the most populated server with the lowest ping. I don't join servers where my ping will be over 70, so I can guarantee it was below that as most of them are around 40 for me.

Network Smoothing is at whatever is default, because I have never even heard of it hah

Edit: It was at %50, I shall experiment with this!

Is it true that playing on 32player Domination servers is currently alleviating the crashing issues or is my friend just extremely lucky at the moment.

Shaanyboi

Banned
sooooo.... just saw footage of the 360 version...

I... I just can't. How is this a 2013 game?!?! I mean it looks super nice on PC, but I mean I jesus, they did not give a fuck about the console version...

Sethos

Banned
I always sort my servers so that I can join the most populated server with the lowest ping. I don't join servers where my ping will be over 70, so I can guarantee it was below that as most of them are around 40 for me.

Network Smoothing is at whatever is default, because I have never even heard of it hah

Edit: It was at %50, I shall experiment with this!

Network smoothing would have done nothing in that situation. It's basic interpolation which does nothing to a stationary target. It's just another case of client-side hit detection gone bad.

Oh my god, I got the 60x scope for the CSLR4 and combined with canted sights it's the stupidest/most fun thing I've ever used in Battlefield.

Practical? No way. Satisfying? Hell yeah. Extreme close range, extreme long range.

Bombless

After getting pissed off at choppers I've started to aggresively carry the Igla around. It does a great job at cleaning the skies up. Almost no straight kills, but aircav goes down regardless. Love the flare bypassing.

Edit : Watched the mythbusters video...Amazing stuff. Especially the C4 doing 0 damage around if the guy was on it...Crazy!

Edit 2 : Saw this video on Levelcap's channel....This is the reason I go full AA if one of those is around... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPfnL-hGPnA

The scout with the 25mm cannons and 2 engineers is almost unstoppable. Have 1 with rpgs and the other with stingers. Make sure you throw an ammo box on the heli for them before you take off.

Ooooooh. Ammo box on the heli! Never thought of that! If I'm playing in the support position I always run out of ammo!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I could use some XP-boosts now since i'm not crashing anymore.

Edit: This is bullshit, i don't wanna play any other class besides Assault just to unlock new stuff.

BLU-82

Does anyone else have a REALLY hard time jumping over things?
I get completely stuck on pieces of paper and bits of tiles. So infuriating...

Well my game ran far better tonight. 3 successful rounds, although only 1 win.

Last night I was freezing when getting revived and had to end the game process. Was stuttering all over the place. Tonight I wasn't freezing, I could actually kill people and the sutters only occured every so often(I guess this is related to me turning down network smoothing).

Hopefully its a sign of good things to come, although I am still very skeptical.

Is it possible to shoot it down or otherwise intercept it with your own jet and sacrifice yourself to save the team from getting tomahawked?

I was too busy trying to get the console open to take a screenshot that I didn't bother shooting at it. I got shot downby the jet and aa right after that too

Any tips on dogfighting? It just seems to turn into a circle war until one of us gets tired of spinning.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Paracel Storm is such a shit map, far too much of the map is wasted on water and boats just go around fucking everything.

Unlocked the FLIR 2X scope last night. One change they've made that I really like is that now these scopes can actually see through smoke and fog, where as in BF3 they couldn't. That always seemed like a missed opportunity to me.

But now the FLIR, and I believe Thermal vision on tanks, can cut through smoke and all that environmental haze that DICE loves to use.

Fun stuff: equip smoke nades and the FLIR, pop smoke, shoot dudes through smoke, get called a hacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom