• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

O2FwMU1.gif

zRGVZh1.gif

Timu

You got to be kidding me...it crashed again after I knifed someone.
:/

Also, I think I found a hacker, I knifed someone on the side where he wasn't even looking at me and he was able to counter knife me somehow...

Spazznid

So since I have crippling bad luck (Some games I'll be in top 2 with a K/D of 3-5, while 99% of the time, I spawn in a exploding heli, I can count about 30 times I spawn in a Heli and the pilot immediately nosedives, and If not, I'll end up in a 1 vs 3 situation, or lag will murder me) I plan on ALT+F4-ing every match until I get a lucky round. Fuck morals.

wrongway

Also, I think I found a hacker, I knifed someone on the side where he wasn't even looking at me and he was able to counter knife me somehow...
That's (probably) just a sync issue. On his end, he might've turned towards you before being knifed, which allowed him to counter-knife, even if on your end he was facing away from you. Been on both ends of it a couple times myself. :<

Timu

That's (probably) just a sync issue. On his end, he might've turned towards you before being knifed, which allowed him to counter-knife, even if on your end he was facing away from you. Been on both ends of it a couple times myself. :<
It has to be the worst one ever because it's strange to see the knife animation on the side when I clearly knifed him and a few seconds later counter knifes me without knowing how he faced me, you could be right but everything happens so fast.

I can't play Siege of Shanghai anymore. Every time I try to play that map the game stops responding or crashes before I actually get in game.

I don't play it either. I loaded up that map to show my brother he shouldn't buy the game just yet because it crashes so often and they've done fuck all to fix it. 2 minutes later he understood what I meant.

Seanspeed

Banned
I give up until they fix it.

How the hell this game gets pass QA is beyond me.
I don't think there's a way to simulate a million people playing in testing. Not saying its excusable, but its very likely not some little bug that got missed or something.

I was really hoping it would have been fixed or at least massively improved by now. I was hoping to really keep up with the curve on this game, but I'm only level 5 and have pretty much nothing unlocked as of yet. I've been holding off mostly, but decided to give a match a go just a bit ago and of course it crashed on me. Too annoying to deal with. C'mon DICE, hurry it up, please. :(

Sethos

Banned
Did a server backend take a dump somewhere? EVERY server I join says "Connecting" and then; ERROR Game disconnected: could not join server.

Did a server backend take a dump somewhere? EVERY server I join says "Connecting" and then; ERROR Game disconnected: could not join server.

Happened to me earlier. I seriously doubt this is what fixed it, but I just closed the browser and restarted battlelog from Origin and it started working again.

Grief.exe

Sethos' gifs crash chrome on my phone. I don't have a very stable ROM flashed right now.

4.3 wasnt meant for the Galaxy Nexus it would seem. 4.2 really wasn't either.

You got to be kidding me...it crashed again after I knifed someone.
:/

More likely a netcode issue than a hacker.

On your client he is turned one way, on his he was facing towards you. That is why he got the counter-knife option.

Grief.exe

I don't think there's a way to simulate a million people playing in testing. Not saying its excusable, but its very likely not some little bug that got missed or something.

I was really hoping it would have been fixed or at least massively improved by now. I was hoping to really keep up with the curve on this game, but I'm only level 5 and have pretty much nothing unlocked as of yet. I've been holding off mostly, but decided to give a match a go just a bit ago and of course it crashed on me. Too annoying to deal with. C'mon DICE, hurry it up, please. :(

If the PC patches are synced to the console approval process again, then we are fucked for a little while longer.

Sethos

Banned
Holy fucking shit, they need to do something about those fucking boats - Way, way, waaaay too overpowered and given the right player(s) they are unstoppable. Completely retarded.

Just played BF3. It made me sad. It just much more consistent and playable and that means a lot.

Got a nice clip too.

ikSs2lBcP9txn.gif

You might as well play without the heavy barrel. The spread it reduces is replaced by recoil, so you'll end up burst firing at least as much. It doesn't help at close range and kind of forces you to burst fire more at longer ranges.
The suppressor does not affect bullet damage, range or spread. Just bullet velocity. Not showing up on radar, or making any loud noises is a real advantage in this game. You do get spotted by other players and the commander sometimes. Not all the time.

Do you use a controller or joystick when you're flying?

Holy fucking shit, they need to do something about those fucking boats - Way, way, waaaay too overpowered and given the right player(s) they are unstoppable. Completely retarded.

Yep, them getting toned way down better be one of the first things that is tweaked. They can very often ruin the best map in the game.

Went 27-0 in one the other day before finally getting targeted by a boat, heli, and multiple infantry all at the same time...eventually died to a m32 lol. If you're good with the tv missile you can outright dominate a match. I blew up one boat with a repair guy riding with him in the same match by quick launching my tv missiles back to back into his side and finishing him off with the cannon before he could even get me down to 75%.

As infantry I've not had any problems taking out enemy boats though to be perfectly honest. You just have to find a good defensive position while shooting your rpg/smaw/etc at them. If you're anywhere on the shore out in the open though, I'll go ahead and tell you you're fucked.

Guess I better use them now before they get nerfed into oblivion.

Lyonaz

Commander is fun! I blew up some boats and wiped squads in Floodzone with the cruise missile.
Half of the time I have no idea what I'm doing but I managed to get 7000 points or something, more than double what the other commander had. I was promoting, reinforcing squads and dropping supplies like crazy.
Fun fun fun, next time I'll do that stuff in normal mode, so people can actually check the map too when I scan stuff.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Silencers are not useless, even with commanders around. Keeping off the minimap is just one function of them. Surprise surprise, they also muffle your gun sounds and muzzle flash making it harder for enemies to tell where their buddies are getting shot from. It is invaluable when flanking and more so on maps which feature multiple levels. Plus you are overestimating the number of people that actually look at the Doritos on their mini map. I can't tell you how many enemies I have personally homed in because I heard their weapons or saw their muzzle flashes.

Commanders throwing UAV's in hotspots, throwing infantry scans makes the silencer redundant, dude. Sorry, but it's true.

The fact of the matter is, people don't pay attention to the mini-map, true. But that doesn't make the silencer hide you from the commander. If there was a "cold-blooded" perk or effect that you could pick up to hide from the commander? Maybe the silencer would be useful but at this point you're being seen by UAV's or infantry scans or T-UGS or MAV's or... to where using the silencer is kinda pointless where there is better accessories to pick up to modify other things besides "you make no sound, yay!"

so is everyone's k/d ratio much lower then what they had in bf3

BF3 was 3.2, BF4 is 2.5 so far, so yep. I have a lot more random wtf deaths in BF4 than I ever did in BF3. Keeps getting better the more I play though. I only play Conquest.

Playing on PS3 this evening and I'm not getting any hit markers, at all. Anyone else having the same issue?

I've had that happen quite a few times on PS3, makes it hard as hell to tell if you're hitting someone.

Sethos

Banned
This is what I was talking about earlier with the pushing, luckily it didn't kill me this time but this shit has killed me quite a few times now. Sitting in a corner being hammered by roof snipers and then ... Even more annoying when someone spawns on you and do it.

qXtIKcX.gif

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
This is what I was talking about earlier with the pushing, luckily it didn't kill me this time but this shit has killed me quite a few times now. Sitting in a corner being hammered by roof snipers and then ... Even more annoying when someone spawns on you and do it.

I've died from that a few times. The best part is when a nade gets thrown at you, and your squad spawned behind you. Then, you're the only one that even notices a nade is at your feet and you get blocked in to your death.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone on the PC had trouble with their single player progress syncing to battlelog? I've completed Kunlun Mountains twice now, and battlelog is still saying I haven't finished the mission.

Completed the whole single player and even replayed the last mission a few times and nope, still says I'm on the first mission on Battlelog. I even completed the last mission a few times and not a thing registers. I want those weapon unlocks for multi damnit.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Crash. I had such a streak of non-crash games going! Fuck!

Edit. Crashed again! WTF!

Edit #2. Crashed... again.

Apparently I can't play the game tonight.

Bombless

Commanders throwing UAV's in hotspots, throwing infantry scans makes the silencer redundant, dude. Sorry, but it's true.

The fact of the matter is, people don't pay attention to the mini-map, true. But that doesn't make the silencer hide you from the commander. If there was a "cold-blooded" perk or effect that you could pick up to hide from the commander? Maybe the silencer would be useful but at this point you're being seen by UAV's or infantry scans or T-UGS or MAV's or... to where using the silencer is kinda pointless where there is better accessories to pick up to modify other things besides "you make no sound, yay!"

Trust me, the silencer does wonders. All those detection methods you mention would give you away even without using the silencer. If all other cases hide you while using it, it's worth it. It allows you to mow down an entire squad from behind without them realising you're even there.

Edit : On the topic of Bangboats : Just got my first Service Star! That earned me a few insults in chat. Also I have the impression the Active defense doesn't work.

http://i.imgur.com/qXtIKcX.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I did this to myself, now when you go prone and your back is on the wall you will push yourself forward, very annoying.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Trust me, the silencer does wonders. All those detection methods you mention would give you away even without using the silencer. If all other cases hide you while using it, it's worth it. It allows you to mow down an entire squad from behind without them realising you're even there.

And that's what I'm saying: Even without a silencer, you're still going to be seen. A silencer being added is just wasting a better accessory (Heavy Barrel in most cases) slot for the sake of not making noise. You're still going to be seen by commander, spotting, etc. etc. etc. So why would you slap a silencer on outside of "no sound?"

It was the same in BF3, but at least in BF3's case people had to pay attention to the mini-map to pick you out. Now all the commander has to do is throw a High Value Target or Infantry scan out on you and you're seen.

HariKari

And that's what I'm saying: Even without a silencer, you're still going to be seen. A silencer being added is just wasting a better accessory (Heavy Barrel in most cases) slot for the sake of not making noise. You're still going to be seen by commander, spotting, etc. etc. etc. So why would you slap a silencer on outside of "no sound?"

It was the same in BF3, but at least in BF3's case people had to pay attention to the mini-map to pick you out. Now all the commander has to do is throw a High Value Target or Infantry scan out on you and you're seen.

Didn't you post your stats earlier in the thread? I seem to recall you being a sub 1.0 KD player with an entirely forgettable SPM. The suppressor wins out every time. Heavy barrel is borderline useless on any sort of automatic in 4, given how much recoil penalty it has now and how accurate the guns are to begin with. It no longer affects damage or drop off. The same is true for the suppressor. So, actually, they are better than ever. The only thing they change is the velocity of bullets (not the damage).

That you can be spotted (along with the rest of your team) by the various sensors in the game isn't a good excuse to pass up a big advantage. You will kill far more players and be killed less, depending on mode, with a suppressor versus an unsuppressed gun.

RoKKeR

Man, jets.

*Oh hey, open jet spawn!*

*Alright, let's look for some ground targets I could take a pass at*

*Ah shit, enemy jet incoming. Top Gun mode!*

*fly in circles for 5 minutes without being able to shake the jet whore pilot*

*suicide gun run on attack boat. boat destroyed. death*

Sound about right for everybody else?

EDIT: WOW and I just got an awesome multi-kill with a bomb and it made up for it haha

Divus

So since I have crippling bad luck (Some games I'll be in top 2 with a K/D of 3-5, while 99% of the time, I spawn in a exploding heli, I can count about 30 times I spawn in a Heli and the pilot immediately nosedives, and If not, I'll end up in a 1 vs 3 situation, or lag will murder me) I plan on ALT+F4-ing every match until I get a lucky round. Fuck morals.

I love the game but it hates me.

I've got a good 30 or 40 deaths attributed to helicopters landing on me. I spawn in and a helicopter that seemed to be flying well as its plummeting to the ground. 100% chance I jump out and die and everyone else lives. Even then I can be crossing a street and a falling heli will happen to land on me and when I shoot one down the debris always finds me. Got randomly crushed by one 6 times in one game once!

Also there is the room with a small tree in the corner that has killed me so many times. I go running past it in Daybreaker to another room or if I need to reload and go anywhere near it. Only happens to me as I seen multiple people do it and nothing.

Then there is the number of times I will ask a friend if its safe to spawn in and after they say its safe I die the instant I can see. Then they never get shot at. I've never had spawn protection work for me just against. Or I spawn in on someone who is to close to the edge of a building and I fall off.

I've got caught on a teammates grenade as he threw it and it sent me flying thru the air with it injured from the fall and surrounded. Yet to see that happen to anyone else, but happened twice to me so far. Captured it the one less hilarious time.

Remmy2112

Didn't you post your stats earlier in the thread? I seem to recall you being a sub 1.0 KD player with an entirely forgettable SPM. The suppressor wins out every time. Heavy barrel is borderline useless on any sort of automatic in 4, given how much recoil penalty it has now and how accurate the guns are to begin with.

That you can be spotted (along with the rest of your team) by the various sensors in the game isn't a good excuse to pass up a big advantage. You will kill far more players and be killed less, depending on mode, with a suppressor versus an unsuppressed gun.

lol. I wanted to say the same, but I didn't want to be that guy. Glad someone else did.

And yes, heavy barrel's recoil increase would render some guns so unwieldy that they would no longer be worth it. I've rocked a ACE 52, ACW-R, M416, and AEK and all but the M416 would be practically worthless with heavy barrel, but even with suppressors on I can make medium and even some long range shots (except with the AEK) with all of those weapons and be on target and score kills.

RoKKeR

DAMN. Just had such an amazing game of Obliteration. Love this game type.

I'm on right now if anybody wants to play. 360. RoKKeR IV is my GT.

Bombless

My point is Heavy Barrel has a major downside. The Silencer has none (bullet velocity doesnt matter outside sniper rifles). It remains a matter of preference though.

RS4-

I'm about that silencer life, so good. Feels nice getting headshots from quite a ways too.

Oh and fuck squad leaders that don't put up orders.

HariKari

My point is Heavy Barrel has a major downside. The Silencer has none (bullet velocity doesnt matter outside sniper rifles). It remains a matter of preference though.

Seks is attempting to argue that the opportunity cost of the suppressor is too high to justify taking it. To that I say... what? Your choices are: suppressor, heavy barrel, flash hider. Only one of them comes with a ridiculous penalty to vertical recoil. Some guns aren't totally worthless with it on it, but even then you are still passing up the suppressor. The guns in this game are so ridiculously accurate and recoil so little compared to BF3 that it's a total non issue. The extra accuracy just isn't needed.

The heavy barrel really only comes into play on the DMRs and the LMGs. The latter would be trading sustained fire for more accurate burst fire. The former can see a real boost from a HB, but the extra jump in the scope is the price you pay.

There'd be more of an argument here if the recoil penalty was only 25%, or if it still had an effect on damage. It doesn't. Suppressors are the default choice at the moment.

LOL the HB is useless on assault rifles. The recoil is ridiculous.

Anyhoo, I came to post this awesome run I had with the Little Bird. It's my new favorite cheese machine. Lessons learned:

1) Have a good, dedicated engineer with you and your bird turns into a tank. This should really be patched . . . . the bird should have to be landed, or repair at a slower rate. They need to even it out with the Attack Choppers inability to repair on the fly, so to speak.

2) Always aim for the ass of Boats. EZ killz.

Observe.

I'll post my second LB vid later.

Spazznid

I love the game but it hates me.

I've got a good 30 or 40 deaths attributed to helicopters landing on me. I spawn in and a helicopter that seemed to be flying well as its plummeting to the ground. 100% chance I jump out and die and everyone else lives. Even then I can be crossing a street and a falling heli will happen to land on me and when I shoot one down the debris always finds me. Got randomly crushed by one 6 times in one game once!

Also there is the room with a small tree in the corner that has killed me so many times. I go running past it in Daybreaker to another room or if I need to reload and go anywhere near it. Only happens to me as I seen multiple people do it and nothing.

Then there is the number of times I will ask a friend if its safe to spawn in and after they say its safe I die the instant I can see. Then they never get shot at. I've never had spawn protection work for me just against. Or I spawn in on someone who is to close to the edge of a building and I fall off.

I've got caught on a teammates grenade as he threw it and it sent me flying thru the air with it injured from the fall and surrounded. Yet to see that happen to anyone else, but happened twice to me so far. Captured it the one less hilarious time.

It seems like it's just us few who it happens to. Like, I'll see a dude in a heli and he never gets shot at, while I get shot at 99% of the time. I switch teams and nab another Heli, and I then get shot at some more. I don't know what it is, but it feels like a fucking storm cloud is always overhead when I play.

Kahoona

The M16A4 with a suppressor is a beast. It's way better than the heavy barrel...even if I didn't have the suppressor, I'd have used the compensator anyway probably. M16 with suppressor, coyote sight, magnifier, and folding grip is my favorite setup right now.

Grief.exe

There is just no benefit to using the Heavy Barrel in the Assault Rifles.

You look at the gun and go silencer, Comp, or Brake. Whichever attachment gives you the most benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom