• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah engineer+chopper is pretty OP

makes me not want to play my AA engineer class anymore and thats the most fun I've had with the game

Macattk15

Py7xmGz.gif

I like the passenger who saw the rocket coming and said "NOPE." and peace'd out.

I'm more accurate with the ACE 23.

That doesn't mean it's a more or less balanced gun, maybe it's the attachments you are using or whatever. I'm not hating on the gun or anything, just not "best". You've technically used the ACE a lot more and only have a few points more.

By the way, it must be nice not getting killed by framerate on PC lol.

tn2007

That doesn't mean it's a more or less balanced gun, maybe it's the attachments you are using or whatever. I'm not hating on the gun or anything, just not "best". You've technically used the ACE a lot more and only have a few points more.

By the way, it must be nice not getting killed by framerate on PC lol.

ACE has easier to control recoil and 20 extra rpms helps. Check out the accuracy plots in both guns at symthic.com, ACE is a laser. Btw m16 was the best gun in BF3 not the m416.

ACE has easier to control recoil and 20 extra rpms helps. Check out the accuracy plots in both guns at symthic.com, ACE is a laser. Btw m16 was the best gun in BF3 not the m416.

The ACE has worse vertical recoil, left side recoil and accuracy. The accuracy plot points for the M416 is noticeably shorter than the ACE, the grouping is also a bit tighter on the M416 thanks to it's mildly better accuracy.

M16 was the overall best gun before they nerfed it and buffed the M416 too much. They had to tweak the M416 in the Aftermath patch.

big_z

are those Community ID lists accurate? xbone only has 14 players listed, I could have sworn it was in the 40's a week ago.

Grief.exe

All the pro players are using the ace 23 exclusively.

Faster RPM than the M416, and the recoil is easy to control. Just pull straight down on the mouse.

My favorite gun is the aek. Full auto at medium/close range and tap fire at long. Pull down and to the left.

Grief.exe

Anytime I crash I generally just stay out of the server. I want that score to carry over.

I almost never crash when I am doing good.

Figured as much, is it safe to join another server before the current round you just crashed in is over ?

I can't even complete one fucking round anymore, I sure hope that patch is coming soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T1HKxJezRU

Sorry for the terrible phone camera video but with only SSD's recording with fraps or similar is a bit difficult.

Is there any answer for the issues shown in this video? I have Nvidia which might be the problem but I have played with many settings and also tried disbaling SLI but it made no difference. I know some of it is rubber banding but theres alot of times where I just skip back .5 of a sec or something and it is making the game unplayable.

Thanks for any help.

Binabik15

Just played BF3. It made me sad. It just much more consistent and playable and that means a lot.

Got a nice clip too.

ikSs2lBcP9txn.gif

Double headshot from a plane in one gif...that's why I was much better on PS3 BC2 than pc BF3.

Then again, I had so many issues with BF3 and connection stability that I played a quarter of what I put into BC2. With PS4 launch I'll go back to console BF and wait for a Origin sale for the pc version, until then I'll also have upgraded my 4 gigs of system RAM.

I don't have time to play thanks to uni, though, so it doesn't matter, anyway. /vent

HelloMeow

Just played some more BF3. Made me even more disappointed in BF4.

BF3 is just so much better. All they had to do was take what they had learned while updating BF3, and apply it to BF4. It's going to take months before BF4 will be actually finished.

derFeef

Almost have the M39 unlocked, it better not disappoint me - Only reason why I started working on the DMRs.

So much fun with the DMR's on support I have to say. I am not a good shot by any means but I do pretty good - only have the second one, but even the first is pretty good imo.

pestul

Still lots of crashes, but I'm enjoying the game. Hopefully I start actually getting good at it soon.. as I'm still getting a whoopin'. I can't wait until the 3rd party/custom cooler R9 290s come out. I'm sure I'll enjoy BF4 a lot more with that card.

Sethos

Banned
So much fun with the DMR's on support I have to say. I am not a good shot by any means but I do pretty good - only have the second one, but even the first is pretty good imo.

My opinion on them so far;

RFB, the starting DMR seems terrible. Seems to have a weird fire delay, doesn't feel very comfortable to use and it sucks at hipfire.

Mk11 is probably the best one I've used so far. Accurate, powerful and it even does hipfire very well. However it also seems to have a trigger delay.

Sks isn't for me. Just seem to lack the punch and the accuracy but makes up for it in speed / mag size. Plus it doesn't hipfire well at all.

SVD-12 I got to use fairly briefly but I liked the ironsight, it seemed precise and was actually a pretty good contender. Had one of the best rounds with it, on Operation Locker of all places. Might even take the crown from the Mk11.

Just unlocked the QBU-88 and it seems good so far. Ironsight is fairly terrible and it only has 11 shots I believe but it seems precise and it hits hard.

But DMRs are amazingly fun. You can't just charge head-on but they are very versatile and fun to use. One second you are sniping people on rooftops, next you engage enemies at short ranges. They are harder to use than pew-pew ARs and Carbines but getting a kill or just firing them is super satisfying.

Leb

Just unlocked the QBU-88 and it seems good so far. Ironsight is fairly terrible and it only has 11 shots I believe but it seems precise and it hits hard.

The QBU-88 is probably the best DMR on paper, as it has a good ROF, high muzzle velocity, a favorable recoil profile and because it's bullpup, you have the lower moving ADS spread as well.

Now if only I had it unlocked so I could actually try it out in practice...

Sethos

Banned
The QBU-88 is probably the best DMR on paper, as it has a good ROF, high muzzle velocity, a favorable recoil profile and because it's bullpup, you have the lower moving ADS spread as well.

Now if only I had it unlocked so I could actually try it out in practice...

Yeah I heard good things about it. I just unlocked it last night so I only got a few kills with it - Still need more time with it to form a real opinion plus get the scope / canted iron-sight.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Using a suppressor, and man, I can't stand the increased bullet drop. It's pretty evident using an ACOG on the RFB trying to shoot someone maybe just 25 yards from me.

tn2007

The ACE has worse vertical recoil, left side recoil and accuracy. The accuracy plot points for the M416 is noticeably shorter than the ACE, the grouping is also a bit tighter on the M416 thanks to it's mildly better accuracy.

M16 was the overall best gun before they nerfed it and buffed the M416 too much. They had to tweak the M416 in the Aftermath patch.

And the m416 has worst right side recoil and first shot recoil. I don't think a .02 difference in spread increase per bullet makes a huge difference. The accuracy plots shows if you aim chest high that the recoil will got straight up into the head with minimal recoil control. The only real advantage on the M416 is the reload time. Personally, I will use the AEK and ACE for competitive play.

Even after the m416 was patched and the m16 was nerf, the m16 was still used by all competitive players. I know because I played against them all the time. Rate of fire is king when you have low or easy to control recoil. Hence why the M16 (800rpm) and AEK (900rpm) were the most used competitive guns.

i just noticed that battlelog in bf4 doesnt show server ticket count or the player list in the server browser

what in the fuck

this was a feature at launch for bf3

Sethos

Banned
Have you been using your XP boosts?

Now that you mention it ... :p Think I meant to save them until the servers are truly stable. I used one or two but crashed out of every game, server crashed, points lost but it still seems to be counting so they were lost as well.

Overdoziz

Banned
Battlefield 4 needs to go back Battlefield 3's disable system for vehicles. That system was better at giving you an idea of in what state a vehicle is and it also had simpler and more consistent rules.

BF3:
Vehicle not on fire -> health is between 50 and 100
Vehicle is on fire -> health is below 50
Vehicle is on fire -> vehicle is immobilized

BF4:
Vehicle is not on fire -> health is between 10 and 100
Vehicle is sparking -> vehicle is temporarily immobilized
Vehicle is on fire -> health is under 10
Vehicle is on fire -> vehicle is immobilized
Shoot vehicle -> vehicle is randomly(?) temporarily immobilized

I feel like toward the end of Battlefield 3 they had a nice vehicle balance going on and all they should've done is add the damage indicator which shows up when you do damage to a vehicle like currently in BF4.

--

On a semi-related note: Tanks currently do 90/91% damage to Scout and Attack Helicopters. This should really go back to 100% like in BF3. Hitting a helicopter with a tank is challenging under regular circumstances and should be rewarded accordingly.

derFeef

I don't like the MK11 that much as the rate of fire is pretty low. I think I feel pretty good with level up DMR's with the RFB

edit: looks like R7 is out?

WoodWERD

On a semi-related note: Tanks currently do 90/91% damage to Scout and Attack Helicopters. This should really go back to 100% like in BF3. Hitting a helicopter with a tank is challenging under regular circumstances and should be rewarded accordingly.

Haha that's ridiculous. Who thought that change would be a good idea?

scogoth

LOL the HB is useless on assault rifles. The recoil is ridiculous.

Anyhoo, I came to post this awesome run I had with the Little Bird. It's my new favorite cheese machine. Lessons learned:

1) Have a good, dedicated engineer with you and your bird turns into a tank. This should really be patched . . . . the bird should have to be landed, or repair at a slower rate. They need to even it out with the Attack Choppers inability to repair on the fly, so to speak.

2) Always aim for the ass of Boats. EZ killz.

Observe.

I'll post my second LB vid later.

Or BF3 style where you had to fly level to repair at least turning you into an easy target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom