• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

I don't like the MK11 that much as the rate of fire is pretty low. I think I feel pretty good with level up DMR's with the RFB

edit: looks like R7 is out?
I love the mk11 more than the rfb. I actually feel like I'm shooting bullets with the mk11 rather than going for assist medals with the rfb

Also got my recon service star last night :0)

Yeah the ACE 23 is amazing, been using the one unlocked in the carbine tree for engineer and it totally made that kit my favorite. Most fun for me is that weapon with Sraw and Slams, I feel like I have no downside unlike every other kit I try.

The only thing I am tired of with any weapon, is putting six rounds in someone and they don't die but they will turn around and literally one shot me, that netcode.

HelloMeow

On a semi-related note: Tanks currently do 90/91% damage to Scout and Attack Helicopters. This should really go back to 100% like in BF3. Hitting a helicopter with a tank is challenging under regular circumstances and should be rewarded accordingly.

You can use different shells for the tank. The heavy explosive shell does 100% against air vehicles, except for the transport choppers I believe.

Sethos

Banned
You can use different shells for the tank. The heavy explosive shell does 100% against air vehicles, except for the transport choppers I believe.

Yeah the HEAT round takes down a chopper in one shot. Sabot round takes 2-3 I believe but it shoots extremely fast.

Kingbrave

The worst part of getting friends on Origin is that everyone can see I just played the campaign on easy. In my defense, I just wanted to unlock the M249.

Remmy2112

And the m416 has worst right side recoil and first shot recoil. I don't think a .02 difference in spread increase per bullet makes a huge difference. The accuracy plots shows if you aim chest high that the recoil will got straight up into the head with minimal recoil control. The only real advantage on the M416 is the reload time. Personally, I will use the AEK and ACE for competitive play.

Even after the m416 was patched and the m16 was nerf, the m16 was still used by all competitive players. I know because I played against them all the time. Rate of fire is king when you have low or easy to control recoil. Hence why the M16 (800rpm) and AEK (900rpm) were the most used competitive guns.

Having a significantly more pronounced recoil to one side can be an advantage for a gun. Drag down and to the left for its recoil. And that reload time can be the difference between life and death in a ton of situations and allow you to re-engage and surprise a lot of people.

Overdoziz

Banned
I wish DICE would at least put a tiny bit of effort into the randomized spawns on flags and in TDM/Domination. Team positions definitely affect the spawn areas, but I'm pretty sure the spawn locations within those spawn areas are still completely random which can lead to very frustrating moments.

RS4-

I wish DICE would at least put a tiny bit of effort into the randomized spawns on flags and in TDM/Domination. Team positions definitely affect the spawn areas, but I'm pretty sure the spawn locations within those spawn areas are still completely random which can lead to very frustrating moments.

And it's still better than COD's spawn system.

spawns are horrendous in bf4, i hate how on maps like dawnbreaker you're plopped out in the street sometimes where there are huge sightlines

RoKKeR

Battlefield 4 needs to go back Battlefield 3's disable system for vehicles. That system was better at giving you an idea of in what state a vehicle is and it also had simpler and more consistent rules.

Hell no. Regardless of the current damage/health ratios and whether things are completely balanced, the current disabling system is miles better than what we had in BF3. If you take a hit to the wheels or track or rotor or something, it goes offline for a few seconds, leaves you vulnerable, but then you are back at it. I fucking hated having to bail out of my vehicles once I met a certain health threshold and then not being able to repair them myself unless somebody else was in it like it was in BF3. It also made it so getting an actual vehicle kill was a rare thing because people would bail as soon as they were disabled. You can at least hang in your tank right up until the end and still be effective in BF4.

I will agree that there should be better visuals cues for what is happening to your vehicle, whether or not you are immobilized, etc.

BF4's system is much better IMO, gives you a shot to get out of dodge and not end up sitting around like a lame duck while your health ticks away.

Overdoziz

Banned
Hell no. Regardless of the current damage/health ratios and whether things are completely balanced, the current disabling system is miles better than what we had in BF3. If you take a hit to the wheels or track or rotor or something, it goes offline for a few seconds, leaves you vulnerable, but then you are back at it. I fucking hated having to bail out of my vehicles once I met a certain health threshold and then not being able to repair them myself unless somebody else was in it like it was in BF3.

I will agree that there should be better visuals cues for what is happening to your vehicle, whether or not you are immobilized, etc.

BF4's system is much better IMO, gives you a shot to get out of dodge and not end up sitting around like a lame duck while your health ticks away.
I was messing around on the test range and hitting the tracks or wheels of the LAV and tank didn't seem to trigger the temporary immobilization any more than hitting it on the armored parts.

derFeef

I love the mk11 more than the rfb. I actually feel like I'm shooting bullets with the mk11 rather than going for assist medals with the rfb

Complete opposit for me, I feal like shooting peas with the mk11.

Dude, you have 2,34 in K/D. If you suck then I must be the worst player in the world. :D

If you want to level up fast then use all classes and weapons to get lots of service stars, and only use XP boosters in game modes that give lots of scores.

He's doing that thing, saying hes bad but he knows he's good, you know ... to feel better. Or something.
Also DICE remove fucking K/D ration from battlefield.

Sethos

Banned
Dude, you have 2,34 in K/D. If you suck then I must be the worst player in the world. :D

If you want to level up fast then use all classes and weapons to get lots of service stars, and only use XP boosters in game modes that give lots of scores.

Because K/D has little to do with being a good player in Battlefield. Think that's the least useful stat.

He's doing that thing, saying hes bad but he knows he's good, you know ... to feel better. Or something.

No need for the salt.

Now that you mention it ... :p Think I meant to save them until the servers are truly stable. I used one or two but crashed out of every game, server crashed, points lost but it still seems to be counting so they were lost as well.

I'm doing the same, saving them up for when the crashing stops.

Woo-Fu

Banned
On a semi-related note: Tanks currently do 90/91% damage to Scout and Attack Helicopters. This should really go back to 100% like in BF3. Hitting a helicopter with a tank is challenging under regular circumstances and should be rewarded accordingly.

A tank round doing 90/91% damage will set the copter on fire and in most cases flip it onto its side which isn't recoverable. If you're mad because that gives them time to bail out then soften it up with your MG first.

RoKKeR

I was messing around on the test range and hitting the tracks or wheels of the LAV and tank didn't seem to trigger the temporary immobilization any more than hitting it on the armored parts.

Hm, weird. Either way, I personally enjoy the current system much better than in BF3.

Also, what drives Support score? Ammo refills only? It's a very slow grind ranking up w/support.

Sethos

Banned
Well your SPM is good also. It's very hard to go over 400 if you play public a lot, and you're close to it.

I was just looking through other GAFFers and the stats that mattered seem pathetic on mine. I'm way too concerned with staying alive which makes me a pretty rubbish Battlefield player -- Great FPS player but Battlefield? Nein.

Because K/D has little to do with being a good player in Battlefield. Think that's the least useful stat.

i think this is only true if you fully commit to being a healer/repairer/pilot whatever

90% of bf players are just trying to get kills and cap flags

RoKKeR

I was just looking through other GAFFers and the stats that mattered seem pathetic on mine. I'm way too concerned with staying alive which makes me a pretty rubbish Battlefield player -- Great FPS player but Battlefield? Nein.

I think it depends on the game modes you gravitate towards. Somebody who plays only Dom or TDM will probably have a higher SPM than somebody who plays Conquest.

I find Obliteration to be a happy medium.

Tekku

Taking big risks rarely gives you big scores unfortunately, but it might help you win the round. I'm one of those players who never care for K/D, and I'm throwing myself in dangerous situations all of the time. I'm always the one who gets to the bomb first in Obliteration and I rarely bail out if too many enemies are hunting me down.

But to reach big scores you really need teamwork, so hook up with some friends and try to stay organized.

Heysoos

Why do the spawns in this game suck so much balls?

Ton of enemies and their tank? Perfect place to spawn you! Fuck off BF4

Played some games with my friends last night. Crashed 6 times in about an hour and a half. My drivers are up to date, really annoyed right now.

Katyusha

Finally got a coyote for the AEK and I unlocked the ACE.

Don't know if I'll just stick to the AEK or switch over to the ACE (haven't used it yet)

And the m416 has worst right side recoil and first shot recoil. I don't think a .02 difference in spread increase per bullet makes a huge difference. The accuracy plots shows if you aim chest high that the recoil will got straight up into the head with minimal recoil control. The only real advantage on the M416 is the reload time. Personally, I will use the AEK and ACE for competitive play.

Even after the m416 was patched and the m16 was nerf, the m16 was still used by all competitive players. I know because I played against them all the time. Rate of fire is king when you have low or easy to control recoil. Hence why the M16 (800rpm) and AEK (900rpm) were the most used competitive guns.

M416 has much less left side recoil and a fair amount less upwards recoil. The spread partten is much tighter for the upwards grouping. The right side recoil is not as big of a difference as the right side. The first shot reocil is 10% higher for the M416, but every shot after is much lower for the M416.

Heh, I just realized we have the exact same k/d in BF3. I'm really not dismissing what your prefer, and I'm not even saying that the ACE is weaker gun. What I'm saying is it's the most balanced between the shorter and longer range assault rifles. I feel like the guns are very balanced, each has their own niche compared to BF3. Except the FAMAS, why anyone would use that over the AEK is beyond me.

derFeef

No need for the salt.

Poking fun :)
I hvoer around 0.8-1.2 in all of the Battlefield games. I try to play the objective and help teammates more - which leads to many deaths. I feel like 50% of the deaths I have currently are from random horrible spawns.

Why do the spawns in this game suck so much balls?

Ton of enemies and their tank? Perfect place to spawn you! Fuck off BF4

You have a lot of choices as to where to spawn - and you have to know where you can and where you can't. Use your minimap and the first-person camera in the lower left to determine if a spawn point is dangerous or not. Basically what I'm trying to say is it's your fault.

HelloMeow

Buggies suck

ikPYsMXXi3dUE.gif

Attack jets are ok

i4JSoCSPwcUPi.gif

I don't worry about stats and just play to have fun. If I do well, I do well.

Attack boats single-handedly drop my K\D. Those things are insane.

Heysoos

You have a lot of choices as to where to spawn - and you have to know where you can and where you can't. Use your minimap and the first-person camera in the lower left to determine if a spawn point is dangerous or not. Basically what I'm trying to say is it's your fault.

That's bullshit though. With all the areas the game can spawn me in, for example in Zavod like in the warehouse or underneath the flag, it chooses to spawn me outside where the tank is camping out. Why not inside? Why not under the flag area in the warehouse? Why on the very outskirt?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Went to the test range for about 30 minutes

I'll just stick to infantry and ground vehicles thanks

Zeppelin

I really don't like how the markers for team mates work in HC. They seem very inconsistent and not always having them have led to me TKing a bunch. If the delay is intentional I kinda get the idea behind it, but I still don't think it works well.

RS4-

I don't think there's some sort of parameter that makes you a good/great BF player.

KDR won't mean much if you're in a vehicle for 90% of your total kills.
SPM might not mean much if all your games revolve around playing on maps like Locker (or Metro) and just continue to throw out health/ammo.

Like great, you went 50-1 in a tank, your team still got manhandled, congrats.

RoKKeR

Went to the test range for about 30 minutes

I'll just stick to infantry and ground vehicles thanks

Yeah I'm struggling with air vehicles this time around. Mini Bird is difficult to get kills with, Attack Helicopters are behemoths, Attack Jets are probably the best air vehicle but I usually get picked off within seconds, and lol Stealth Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom