• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
iMBNP1EfjwBr6.gif

Whilst playing, my GPU usage is just under 100 percent, whilst my CPU is only at 60/70.
Just wondering if anyone knows what that means, I'd imagine my GPU is causing a bottleneck?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Yeah I'm struggling with air vehicles this time around. Mini Bird is difficult to get kills with, Attack Helicopters are behemoths, Attack Jets are probably the best air vehicle but I usually get picked off within seconds, and lol Stealth Jets.

The scout helicopter is a lot better once you get 25mm cannons.

I don't think there's some sort of parameter that makes you a good/great BF player.

KDR won't mean much if you're in a vehicle for 90% of your total kills.
SPM might not mean much if all your games revolve around playing on maps like Locker (or Metro) and just continue to throw out health/ammo.

Like great, you went 50-1 in a tank, your team still got manhandled, congrats.

Yea. SPM and K/D are individual stats that don't mean much in Battlefield.

But you can get a sense of whether the player PTFOs by checking out stuff like revives, heals/resupplies, vehicles destroyed, flag capture/defend ribbons/medals, bomb plants etc.

Zafir

My specs:
i7 920 2.66 GHz
GTX 570
6gb RAM

I was thinking about overclocking the CPU, but it looks like I probably need to upgrade my graphics card. The game is stable on Medium but anything above that and the framerate stutters like fuck.
Your graphics card is hardly that bad. The stuttering is more likely due to your CPU really. I'd try overclocking it and see what performance you get after.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Yeah I'm struggling with air vehicles this time around. Mini Bird is difficult to get kills with, Attack Helicopters are behemoths, Attack Jets are probably the best air vehicle but I usually get picked off within seconds, and lol Stealth Jets.

Lol my problem is actually flying.

pestul

My specs:
i7 920 2.66 GHz
GTX 570
6gb RAM

I was thinking about overclocking the CPU, but it looks like I probably need to upgrade my graphics card. The game is stable on Medium but anything above that and the framerate stutters like fuck.

Yeah, I have my 920 @4.2GHz. You probably don't need it that high, but I'd recommend pushing for 3.8GHz at least.

Also, I found a huge benefit unparking the cores (doesn't work for everyone). Convenient utility for doing so found in this post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88570844&postcount=1080

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro with the 64bit exe and it's really smooth now even with most 64-player servers.

Sethos

Banned
Haha, apparently you don't even need ammo to take out vehicles. Just psych players a bit with the lock-on sound. ( I had him locked on for a while, he kept reversing, hiding and ultimately he got into that situation ).

9RT1jra.gif

MisterM

I'm actually impressed with the performance in BF4. I though I'd try it out on my desktop PC so I could use KBAM rather than a controller on my HTPC.

i3-2120
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
6850 1GB

On Auto it sets everything to Medium with no AA and I was getting a pretty consistent 60fps at 1080p with dips into the 50s when things go boom. I still need to update the GPU drivers as I cant remember the last time I did on this machine.

Hopefully now I wont be gimped with a 360 pad!

Hmm I don't remember but is there a resolution/framerate difference between the PS4 and Xbox One versions?

The threads were pretty clear in the end and Jackfrags has a lot of good video that are pretty high quality.

PS4 has much better overall IQ, effects, aa, etc. and only drops to the 50s for framerate all at 900p.

XB1's single player looks worse than PS4's multiplayer and drops to mid 30s in high action at 720p. They did recently say AO is being put into the XB1 version, but we don't know what thee performance cost will be.

Your graphics card is hardly that bad. The stuttering is more likely due to your CPU really. I'd try overclocking it and see what performance you get after.

Yeah, I have my 920 @4.2GHz. You probably don't need it that high, but I'd recommend pushing for 3.8GHz at least.

Also, I found a huge benefit unparking the cores (doesn't work for everyone). Convenient utility for doing so found in this post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88570844&postcount=1080

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro with the 64bit exe and it's really smooth now even with most 64-player servers.

Thank you both, I'm gonna overclock it and see how much of a difference it makes. I've been meaning to for a while anyway.
I had no clue about unparking the cores, I'll definitely try that.

Heysoos

There's two major things I noticed in Flood Zone Conquest.

1) Being unable to spawn at C is a MAJOR bug.

2) It is fucking easy to camp the shit out of A as the enemy, so much easier than the other side. It's actually pretty unbalanced.

bidguy

Banned
sort your shit out dice im not touching this crap until the next patch

this is ridiculous have they learned nothing from the bf3 launch smh

Remmy2112

what are GAF's thoughts on the carbines?
AKU-12 suppressed and stubby is currently my go to.

Almost all of the carbines are really useful and depend on your playstyle. Personally the two I've used the most are the ACW-R and the ACE 52 for 844 and 519 kills, respectively. The ACW-R is a fast firing and reloading carbine that is just 20 RPM slower than the AEK with only some minor drawbacks compared to it. Slightly less max range (you do NOT want to fire either weapon at their max range anyways), slightly lower minimum damage (15.4 to the AEK's 18), and slightly lower bullet velocity. In exchange you get a 1.83 reload with a bullet in the chamber, 2.37 empty reload, lower first shot recoil, and reduced spread in EVERY category except aiming down sights-not moving. If you can control the recoil and know when to burst and when to full auto you can dish out some serious hurt.

ACE 52 on the other hand is essentially a carbine version of the SCAR-H or PKP, high damage, lower rate of fire weapons that hit like trucks and kick like mules.

I like to be cryptic.

The obvious server problems left aside, there are just so many things about this game that grind on my gears. Be it the usual online multiplayer bullshit or just plain weird design choices.

• The netcode is beyond terrible. Getting shot around corners, getting insta-gibbed by a PDW from across the map etc.
  • As a rule of thumb: never trust your team mates to do anything you want them to do.
  • Vehicles are pretty much invincible when you are the only one playing engineer because everybody else is either sniping or pointwhoring with the assault class
  • Do not even try to play Rush because it is broken beyond repair.
  • Spawnkills: base spawns are useless when they spawn you in the middle of the fucking street.
  • The suppression system is just plain annoying. Good luck trying to nail that last shot on that guy with your DMR when he can spray his LMG with his eyes closed in your direction.

The pain of just wanting to play a few quick matches on your own. :(

Two easy steps to making this game a bit better would be decreasing the amount of Mini grenades to two and the Impact grenades to one and to rename the Assault class to Medic. Perhaps then the daft cunts would realise that they've got a medic bag on them.

kms_md

There's two major things I noticed in Flood Zone Conquest.

1) Being unable to spawn at C is a MAJOR bug.

2) It is fucking easy to camp the shit out of A as the enemy, so much easier than the other side. It's actually pretty unbalanced.

There is one spawn location (in a small alley on a ledge - probably next to B) that is in direct view of the overpass. Last night an IFV parked there and I was mowed down on multiple respawns.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Beat that ass with Anton after Splinter, Otcho, and Dear Squad Leader bailed. Took us like 4-5 extra plants but finally the team came from a deficit and we won.

Fucking annoying to be the only squad on a plant point, meanwhile.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The suppression system is just plain annoying. Good luck trying to nail that last shot on that guy with your DMR when he can spray his LMG with his eyes closed in your direction.
;
I'm level 50 and have yet to find a player who couldn't kill me with a DMR from any range while I was shooting an LMG at him. The only ones who die are the ones who never shoot back at all. Suppression might as well not even exist.

TheSeks

;
I'm level 50 and have yet to find a player who couldn't kill me with a DMR from any range while I was shooting an LMG at him. The only ones who die are the ones who never shoot back at all. Suppression might as well not even exist.

Seriously? I fire back but the sway gets me. It's the same as the sniper sway in BF3: Fucking annoying to deal with. At least in BF3 if we were both suppressed in close-quarters it was a lottery on winning. Here you have to try to predict which direction the gun in ADS is going to sway, or pray the guns fire won't go in a cone in hip-fire.

Annoying mechanic all around this outing because of that. I don't mind the idea of suppression but if I ADS I'd really like to not have my fucking aim fucked with. Just throw the bullets out in random directions like BF3 or at least give me the option so I can see clearly now that suppression is on~ I can fire at all enemies in my way~ (and pray I hit them, pray I hit them, like sunshine in may?) :/

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Wonder if this game is ever going to get a patch, love shooting at someone and the game says you're hitting cover instead.

Seriously? I fire back but the sway gets me. It's the same as the sniper sway in BF3: Fucking annoying to deal with. At least in BF3 if we were both suppressed in close-quarters it was a lottery on winning. Here you have to try to predict which direction the gun in ADS is going to sway, or pray the guns fire won't go in a cone in hip-fire.

Annoying mechanic all around this outing because of that. I don't mind the idea of suppression but if I ADS I'd really like to not have my fucking aim fucked with. Just throw the bullets out in random directions like BF3 or at least give me the option so I can see clearly now that suppression is on~ I can fire at all enemies in my way~ (and pray I hit them, pray I hit them, like sunshine in may?) :/

The blur effect is fine with me, but that damn sway. :(

TheSeks

That's what I'm saying, the blur/throwing bullets in directions effect is fine. Fucking with my aim in ADS, not cool. I hate it in the snipers in BF3 (and here but less so here since they toned it down) but being suppressed here is already a losing battle because you're having to predict which direction the gun is going to jump if you ADS while suppressed, which isn't cool with me.

Maybe there's a set pattern to the way it sways in suppression I haven't noticed yet, but it's damn annoying.

Grief.exe

Suppression as it existed in BF3 was one of the worst decisions from a competitive perspective I have ever seen.

TTK is already low enough, but you can't even accurately return fire because your bullets go in random directions.

Wonder if this game is ever going to get a patch, love shooting at someone and the game says you're hitting cover instead.

I've said this before, but the patches were tied to the console approval process for BF3. Seems they are doing the same thing for the sequel.

Complete bullshit.

Oh man, remember when BF3 was patched to make suppression a bigger deal and we had to deal with the screen being fully blurred for like 50% of games? That lasted for like two weeks before they ratcheted it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom