• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Suppression as it existed in BF3 was one of the worst decisions from a competitive perspective I have ever seen.

TTK is already low enough, but you can't even accurately return fire because your bullets go in random directions.

Right. But at least I could aim at shit and pray the cone would fire at them eventually.

Here I have to aim and pray my aim won't jump between the two milliseconds I take to aim and then fire.

Both are terrible ways of trying to induce the effects of suppression, but at the end of the day I'd rather take the cone approach than the "fucking with the players aim" approach.

Does anyone know if the party invite feature from the consoles for 3 is making its return on the ps4/xbone? It was pretty nice to que up for matchmaking with your group of 3 or 4 rather than trying to find servers with enough open slots in the server browser and getting everyone in and on the same team

I don't mind the suppression now, it actually works really well.

What I do fucking hate though is the obnoxious screen shaking from explosions.

Playing CQ on Zavod and a guy on my squad was spamming those trucks that launch missiles like a mortar. The screen around me while trying to kill dudes was in constant shaking. It was really damn annoying

Honestly suppression shouldn't even have an extra effect. Rewarding players for firing near enemies is just fine - after all, if someone on the other team knows they're under fire, they'll stay put. That's what suppression is. It doesn't need a blurry screen or shaky aim. With the excellent sound design and physics, it's pretty damn obvious when you're being fired upon. It's not like the blur was necessary to let you know "hey people shootin at you buddy"

Suppression should just be points awarded for taking part in a larger firefight and helping the team. That's all it needs to be.

TheSeks

Blurring the screen would be fine. The effect they use for BF4 is a little too subtle, IMO in notifying that you're under suppression. But adding effects that screw with peoples aim is just "no."

Of course, BF3 had no added effects at first and people were able to nail other people just fine with a fully blurred screen, so maybe the added effect is needed.

It's just terrible to have to fight the damn effect to hit someone for being under slight suppression.

Seanspeed

Banned
after all, if someone on the other team knows they're under fire, they'll stay put.
Except they don't. Way too many people are far too stubborn and will gladly return fire or keep shooting at whoever they were already shooting at.

This is the entire reason the suppression system works the way it does.

Those impact grenades are dangerous. Bounce a grenade off the wall and it will explode right in his face. The staircase on the roof are a death trap.
Or throw the grenade and hit a microscopic piece of railing and have it bounce back. :/

TheSeks

The incendiary one is the only worthwhile one I've found so far in replacement to the M67. Throw it at a doorway to stop an advance. Problem is the slow reload time and lower grenade arc than the standard grenade.

RS4-

I think the worst part about the game is the invisible walls, that you can't shoot or jump over.

Like Golmud Railway, little 3" ledges that are on the ground or roof, just a struggle to jump over them. I'll take a vid/screen later.

Those impact grenades are dangerous. Bounce a grenade off the wall and it will explode right in his face. The staircase on the roof are a death trap.
Or throw the grenade and hit a microscopic piece of railing and have it bounce back. :/

I just unlocked them, still don't know how I feel about them. They're awesome in Op. Locker though when you know guys are on stairs bunched up or in corners

pestul

I like to be cryptic.

The obvious server problems left aside, there are just so many things about this game that grind on my gears. Be it the usual online multiplayer bullshit or just plain weird design choices.

• The netcode is beyond terrible. Getting shot around corners, getting insta-gibbed by a PDW from across the map etc.
  • As a rule of thumb: never trust your team mates to do anything you want them to do.
  • Vehicles are pretty much invincible when you are the only one playing engineer because everybody else is either sniping or pointwhoring with the assault class
  • Do not even try to play Rush because it is broken beyond repair.
  • Spawnkills: base spawns are useless when they spawn you in the middle of the fucking street.
  • The suppression system is just plain annoying. Good luck trying to nail that last shot on that guy with your DMR when he can spray his LMG with his eyes closed in your direction.

The pain of just wanting to play a few quick matches on your own. :(

Two easy steps to making this game a bit better would be decreasing the amount of Mini grenades to two and the Impact grenades to one and to rename the Assault class to Medic. Perhaps then the daft cunts would realise that they've got a medic bag on them.
It sounds like you need to play with some other GAF members instead of random joes.

pestul

I think the worst part about the game is the invisible walls, that you can't shoot or jump over.

Like Golmud Railway, little 3" ledges that are on the ground or roof, just a struggle to jump over them. I'll take a vid/screen later.

Yeah, I agree there. I've managed to get stuck in a lot of these areas as well. You can see a clear path ahead of you, but obviously there's an invisible wall.

It sounds like you need to play with some other GAF members instead of random joes.

Most of my mates have been put off by all these crashes :(

h11qZV2.jpg

Divus

The impacts are my favorite. There is a chance you might accidentally bounce it back at you and kill you but 98% of the time you aren't going to do that. Typically you throw it at someone and they are screwed.

Frags give you to much time to run away, and you only get one. Mini gives you one more and they throw far but they are puny. Incendiary are great at blocking doorways and keeping people off MCOM's for a bit but a Medic pack can damn near out heal them. Flashbangs are slightly annoying and that is it. Flare is very annoying, but unless your a moth and can't keep from staring it is mostly pointless.

Oh and to lazy to copy and post a image of my emblem so here is a link. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/UberGTO/stats/354212913/pc/

TheSeks

damn, peeps are right. this first DMR is hot garbage.

I dunno. The RFB is pretty good for me. Problem is the slow fire rate and getting the unlocks. Once you unlock spec it to what you want it can be pretty good in all situations.

Beat that ass with Anton after Splinter, Otcho, and Dear Squad Leader bailed. Took us like 4-5 extra plants but finally the team came from a deficit and we won.

Fucking annoying to be the only squad on a plant point, meanwhile.

Yeah, good shit. With all of GAF gone on the next round, it was pretty pitiful though.

TheSeks

Yeah, good shit. With all of GAF gone on the next round, it was pretty pitiful though.

You mean the round after that? I didn't really want to play Obliteration with that team after it took us a while to arm A after Splinter and the others dropped off during that previous round.

Bombless

The only crashes I've had for the past 4 days or so are just in between map cycling, and it only happens once in maybe 10 matches, if that.

Just reached rank 28 at 42h played. Pubs only, EU GAF server is too difficult to kickstart, need to Idle in it for a long time before people start to be queued in.

I enjoy the game, but the netcode is really frustrating sometimes. Going from 100 to 0 health in 1 AR bullet, being killed behind walls from 30 meters away, things like that.

Sadly it's rare to find squads that work together, most of the time the squad leader doesn't order shit. When you do find a good squad though, best game in the world.

Does anyone know if the party invite feature from the consoles for 3 is making its return on the ps4/xbone? It was pretty nice to que up for matchmaking with your group of 3 or 4 rather than trying to find servers with enough open slots in the server browser and getting everyone in and on the same team

isn't that what everyone ended up doing anyway because lol-autobalance-on-parties

Bor

Neo Member
holy fuck i cant play the game because origin wont send me my security code, and i can't contact the support because you need an origin account for that. What kind of a bullshit security system is this. It is supposed to lock other people out of my account and not me. God fucking damit ea

TheSeks

holy fuck i cant play the game because origin wont send me my security code, and i can't contact the support because you need an origin account for that. What kind of a bullshit security system is this. It is supposed to lock other people out of my account and not me. God fucking damit ea

Call EA tomorrow, I don't think their support line is closed tomorrow afternoon. EA's phone work has been pretty good for me in the past.

GetemMa

Still unplayable lads?

God damn DICE.

Your games are firmly in my "wait and see" column now. Well done. This is the worst launch of a MP FPS that I've ever seen.

Heysoos

Still unplayable lads?

God damn DICE.

Your games are firmly in my "wait and see" column now. Well done. This is the worst launch of a MP FPS that I've ever seen.

Server disconnects are now pretty much non existent for me, I still have the occasional CTD though. The main thing annoying me right now really is the netcode I guess. Getting shot when you were clearly around a wall is annoying.

TheSeks

Man, I still like the RFB. It's my most-used weapon now -- 175 kills at 31.42% accuracy. \o/

Yeah, I think a lot of people are expecting SKS out of it when it's a lot slower so it's outclassed by assault rifles. Use it more as a sniper for long range and hip-fire in close range kinda like an SKS and you're fine. I haven't had issues with it outside of said fire-speed.

Slap a canted ironsight on it with scope of your choice and go to town. Problem is most people probably won't stick around with it long enough to get the set-up they want for it and adjust to it.

X-Frame

I'm nervous about all these crashes.

I have the PS4 version pre-ordered, and even though I am no longer hesitant about the game from a visual strand-point, if I simply won't be able to play the game without constant crashing then I might as well hold off on getting the game a month or two. I only have a few more days to decide what I want to do before Amazon ships my copy I'd think. Hmm ..

Mugatu

Mine played ok but everyday it gets worse. Are these server side patches making anyone else's game unplayable? Game freezes my PS3.

Also single player lost all progress today which is annoying as well.

Why DICE? :(

Is a totally pain try to mount a squad with friends! One user need to join a match and then the others join him, but is really hard to form a full squad this way, generally when you are in and the others try to follow you the server is already full ¬¬. We need a party system ASAP!

I think the gameplay of BF4 is really good, but the menus, navigation and squad options are a total mess on consoles.

PS: Playing on PS3

For me the unlocks in this game are taking forever. Why do I have to play support to get a shotgun? When i've got it, I can't experiment with the others because it takes forever to unlock slugs for them which is the important point of comparison.

Its just a terrible system, the game is a constant obstacle in getting the weapons you want to play your class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom