• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How are you getting that many knife kills?

Flanking, oblivious people.

I've got like 49 or so far and probably would be over a hundred if DICE would fix the disconnect/crashing I have to the point where it makes me not want to play the title.

Xyber

Well your SPM is good also. It's very hard to go over 400 if you play public a lot, and you're close to it.

Just playing alone with pubs just makes the game boring to me (unless I grind some unlocks or something in Domination). This game is really built on teamwork and 1 competent squad can be the difference between a loss and a win.

Most of my time played has been with either a full squad or almost half the team talking on Mumble and that really helps with SPM. I'm currently at 585 and I've mostly been playing Conquest.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/XyberDeath/stats/191799745/pc/

Computron

YAY, I'm finally getting a decent framerate!!!

ibqWyzL31RvRQ0.gif

And it's maxed out too! Looks amazing, ugh, I think?..

Gav47

Dice needs to put some tips on the loading screens or kill cams.

1. Play the objective
2. Use your kit equipment
3. Always be spotting

It feels like I'm running around with headless chickens at times.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Had a few crashes today and moments when I thought it would crash as the game would stutter and then fight through it somehow.
Anyway, here's my latest emblem:
jsZbSFu.jpg

Everyday I trick myself into thinking this game is gonna run ok for me. Then I play and it doesn't. Stupid half a second stutters and skipping me back where I was half second ago is frustrating as hell.

Read this morning to try the game in Win8 compatibility mode. Was running fine for about 3 minutes and I was in shock because I thought it solved it. Then the stutters came back, doh!

Holiday

Banned
I'm getting repeated game freezes playing in the LA GAF server. Anyone else having trouble with it recently? It might just be Siege of Shanghai.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Glad I decided to wait for a black friday deal. Maybe the issues will be hammered out by then.

Yeah, I usually take this approach with a lot of games for reasons like this, especially since I play on PC where people are even more fine with shipping buggy ass games...

HariKari

Glad I decided to wait for a black friday deal. Maybe the issues will be hammered out by then.

Some of the issues are in the core design (server side stuff instead of client side) and may never be 'fixed' to where they are on par with BF3.

I'm not crashing anymore, but the netcode really bothers me. I hate mutual kills.

namDa65

This game looks like trash on consoles grrr.... gonna have to trade this one in. Seems Seems fun but I can't stand the look look on ps3.

Computron

Is that duke nukem... ;)

I'm not sure, let me get my binoculars.

Oh and for the record, I know I am CPU bound, so dont go tellin' me (Although that is disappointing since I just got myself an i5)

On most maps I can max it out at an average of 60 at 2048x1152, (GTX 770) with a seemingly all to frequent minimum of ~47 (after the levelution events).

Gotta go get a cooler to OC this thing.

Two things I learned tonight....

1)I thought by opening Battlepacks from Battlelog would enable XP boosts automatically. Just found out tonight you actually have to click on them from the game screen. I feel like an idiot.

2)I unlocked the MK11 MOD 0 tonight. Fucking beast. Game changer for me. Such a versatile weapon. LOVE IT.

Acinixys

ACE 52 CQB is the best carbine ive found.

Massive damage/Very controllable/Insane range

It shits on everthing but AEK and ACW-R users at less than 5m

Marvel

could never
I was just about to ask about the usefulness or the Carbines, glad there's some good ones. I'll be playing Engi this time.

Facism

they need to have a points system where you slowly bleed points if you are not

a)capping/uncapping
b)getting kit points via heals/revives/repairs/resupply etc
c)getting suppression assist/avenger kills.

Permanently suppressed if not capping an objective after a minute, suppression to signify that the player is a moron and not to be trusted.

Yeh we just lost a game because people would rather camp rooftops than play the game.

/rage

also, first real foray into the assault rifles. Easymode weapon. AK-12 can hipfire a fool at midrange lol

demonkaze

So I finally updated to Windows 8.1 yesterday and since then it seems to have broken BF4 for me. Every server I get into, I get kicked due to Punkbuster not working properly, any idea how I can fix this?

Twinduct

Yeah fuck it. CTD on every match today. Hell I don't think I can go 20 mins without a crash at this stage. Wouldn't have minded it that much if battlelog wasn't fucking up the whole time.

'You are in queue ..... Joining server ... reserving slot ..... connecting ..... something went wrong'.

I really like this game, more so than BF3 even. But between the latency hiccups (even when my ping is 12), the crashes and the general janky bugs ... I'm just not enjoying myself.

Leaving the game until there is some more stability.

CatPee

also, first real foray into the assault rifles. Easymode weapon. AK-12 can hipfire a fool at midrange lol

Try the AKU-12. Laser sight + ergo grip + compensator = insanely good recoilless hipfire. Throw an angled grip + heavy barrel on instead and you have nearly-recoilless ADS + good hipfire monstrosity. I'd call the gun overpowered if it weren't for the middling rate-of-fire.

Zeppelin

The game has been pretty stable for me (I'm on PC). No crashes so far. I do have some audio glitches on some maps though; Golmund Railway and Lancang Dam. It's like a subset of the audio disappears, and it's gone for the rest of the duration of the game. Anyone experience something similar?

HariKari

Try the AKU-12. Laser sight + ergo grip + compensator = insanely good recoilless hipfire. Throw an angled grip + heavy barrel on instead and you have nearly-recoilless ADS + good hipfire monstrosity. I'd call the gun overpowered if it weren't for the middling rate-of-fire.

If you need a compensator on the AKU-12, you are doing it wrong. It's arguably the most tame gun in the game, right up there with the SAR-21. I see Levelcap and some others advocating these brake/compensator crutches as ways to 'tame' guns when most guns are flat out better than their BF3 equivalents and the recoil compensation is something you can easily do yourself. It's just not worth a 30% accuracy penalty on a lot of guns.

The only place I can really advocate using them is on LMGs, due to the need for sustained fire vs precision fire. If you are really bad at controlling guns, anything with a ROF >750 could use one.

there should be a universal field upgrade with ammo as a first, playing DOM/TDM and i have not yet reached the second upgrade more than 2/3 times and when i do it's bugged

Xyber

Try using burst mode with it. I really like it, feels so good.

MedIC86

Does anyone know if you can buy battlepacks seperate? or can you only unlock them. Because i have read on various sites that you can buy them but i dont have such an option in the store. Or will they implement that later?

Bor

Neo Member
So i tried calling ea because of this security code dilemma, but here in germany support is only available from monday till saturday. God this is annoying

Bombless

Does anyone know if you can buy battlepacks seperate? or can you only unlock them. Because i have read on various sites that you can buy them but i dont have such an option in the store. Or will they implement that later?

I suspected they were going to sell them, but maybe (with the current uproar about issues) they've decided to hold that back for now.

There are already unmarked fast-vehicle-spawn servers out there, shitting up the community. This game just isn't going to have the legs of BF3.....

Zafir

The game has been pretty stable for me (I'm on PC). No crashes so far. I do have some audio glitches on some maps though; Golmund Railway and Lancang Dam. It's like a subset of the audio disappears, and it's gone for the rest of the duration of the game. Anyone experience something similar?
I had it happen last time I was on Golmund Railway Conquest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom