• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Look at the mini map
Look at the mini map
Look at the mini map
Look at the mini map
Look at the mini map
Look at the mini map

THROW YOUR KIT ITEMS
THROW YOUR KIT ITEMS
THROW YOUR KIT ITEMS
THROW YOUR KIT ITEMS
THROW YOUR KIT ITEMS
THROW YOUR KIT ITEMS
THROW YOUR KIT ITEMS
SPOT
SPOT
SPOT
SPOT
SPOT
SPOT

There we go, we covered them all.

Meanwhile game continuing to freeze or kick me out. I'm done for the day. I'm nearly at the C4 but it isn't worth it if it continues to kick or freeze me out of rounds.

HariKari

Whoo, thats bad!

I guess Im lucky. That has not t happened to me.

The main problem I am having with this server side detection is all the mutual kills where you both die. It never happened to me in BF3 with anything other than sniper rifles. Now if you go up against someone 1v1, you can safely assume you will both die. Something with the amount of time the server allows for calculating hits. The person who kills me (who is dead) often shows as having 1hp on the kill screen. So there is something wonky going on for sure. This is even when both combatants have a ping under 50. It never happened in BC2 so I don't know what the hell they messed up.

The video is just an extreme example of that.

Grief.exe

Keep in mind there is bullet travel time in BF3/4/BC2 where in other games it is purely instant.

Perfectly possible to kill each other in that scenario. Though you are correct, a lot of that right now is the network issues. I shouldn't be trading with people using an AK12 when I have an AEK in close-range scenarios, or dying in one shot because my client is behind.

Kanyon

3l66F4A.jpg

I'm convinced DICE has a special algorithm that puts me in the worst team configuration possible.

That pretty much looks like my W/L at the moment, I was fucking beasting on BF3 and now I have to learn the maps all over again in BF4 with shit weapons. I'm seriously tempted to just wait for Second Assault to come out with Operation Metro so I can just go on a super grind fest to unlock everything.

Faith

That pretty much looks like my W/L at the moment, I was fucking beasting on BF3 and now I have to learn the maps all over again in BF4 with shit weapons. I'm seriously tempted to just wait for Second Assault to come out with Operation Metro so I can just go on a super grind fest to unlock everything.
Second Assault?

Edit: Ah the dlc.

Spl1nter

Look guys just accept it when I tell you the attack boat isnt overpowered. Just ignore these rounds when accessing my credibility on the matter.

Also, if you want to win just play with us. Kind of easy.

367zPIg.png

Game still crashes way too often. Happy that disconnects are basically gone, but the constant crashing is really starting to get fucking stupid.

IMACOMPUTA

I don't think a 280X would be able to do that, at least my 7970 GHz didn't quite do it in Beta. Haven't tried it in the release though, playing at 4xMSAA with mixed settings.
I get 40fps in 1440p all maxed out with a single 280x.
I have 2 but for some reason when I update drivers crossfire is disabled until I restart.
I think 60fps at 1080p should be possible.

Also -- upgrading from crossfired 6970s to a single 280x won't give much (if any) performance gains.
Of course being on a single card will be nice, but you should be getting roughly 60fps @1080p with crossfire 6970s.

Alright I'm pretty upset tonight. 3 servers I've joined have had massive rubberbanding issues and 2 others the servers crashed in the middle of the match. What is going on tonight?

Smash88

Banned
You know what happens EVERY time I pull out my defibrillator? I get shot.

The transition animation from gun to defib is extremely long. I'm thinking of taking it out completely, I usually die and the points for reviving are not rewarding enough. I'll still take the medkit, but defib is out.

Kanyon

You know what happens EVERY time I pull out my defibrillator? I get shot.

I hate the fact that you need to "charge" the paddles up to get a higher scoring revive, when in BF3 you'd hit them once with the paddles and boom, 100 point revive score. Having the charge up the paddles makes an already risky job of trying to revive team mates into an outright impossible one. It doesn't really encourage reviving team mates when the score structure for it is so useless.

Spl1nter

Ya I hate reviving teammates too. Why sustain my teams effectiveness? Rather just trade in my points for extra tickets than revive. Actually fuck that I want my points, need to rank up and unlock my stuff. Screw winning.

Is anyone else on ps3 having the game lock up when you select perimeter defense as ur upgrade? Everything else works fine when I get to the loadout screen and I select perimeter defence and I deploy the screen goes black and my ps3 locks up.

Be sure to play as a good teammate. If you have ammo packs, throw them. If you're a medic, revive and throw medkits. Just be a good teamplayer.

Also, you can't really just spray like you can in COD. It's best to tap the trigger down for each shot. Will have better accuracy!

All of that seems to fit my play style so I think I will fit right in. Although I hate using a headset and I usually turnoff voice which may upset people.

Game froze twice and Im done with it until PS4 version

I wish you could run while charging Defib. It seems they really toned down the medic role. Which is good, but it feels a little too much, maybe?

Dang. I keep coming into this thread hoping to read the bugs and issues have been resolved. Doesn't seem to be the case yet. Is DICE doing updates? Has there been any improvement?

Dang. I keep coming into this thread hoping to read the bugs and issues have been resolved. Doesn't seem to be the case yet. Is DICE doing updates? Has there been any improvement?

pretty sure dice literally hasn't acknowledged any of the issues yet, they were "surprised" to hear about shit like shanghai crashing when the building collapsed

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Btw did they completely abandon the humor of bad company?

Yes. But that's because it's the "main line" series right now. "Bad Company won't be forgotten"-DICE.

As for mics, they aren't needed. Just spot people and throw kit items out. I did decent on consoles with PS3-GAF knowing full well I was disabled and couldn't be assed to talk into a mic when the mic wouldn't work for me and we won a shit ton of games just fine.

The major issue is people forget to throw their kit items out. Even on PC.

Me: REQUEST AMMO
Me: NEED MEDIC

(No one comes, get shot and die, get revived)

Me: Thanks

(20% health, no ammo still)

Me: SMH.

more health too

Takes too long for such a short-revive time window.

You can apparently press E (Square/X on consoles?) and have the defibs pull themselves out, shock a person automatically, and go back to your primary weapon like throwing a kit item on consoles. Problem is the server/client "hit-detection" for bodies is fucked up right now. On your screen the body may be five feet from where the body the server says it is. So you try to do that and the server won't pick up that you're over the dead body to give you that. Might as well not charge the defibs and try shocking the body. If it doesn't shock them, move to the next body before the window for that body closes.

The defib time needs a good 2-3 seconds added to it, BTW. Too short for most people to care. And the ones that attempt to revive revive you right in the line of enemy fire instead of clearing the area out to revive you and guarantee you can stand up.

I hate the fact that you need to "charge" the paddles up to get a higher scoring revive, when in BF3 you'd hit them once with the paddles and boom, 100 point revive score. Having the charge up the paddles makes an already risky job of trying to revive team mates into an outright impossible one. It doesn't really encourage reviving team mates when the score structure for it is so useless.

Points shouldn't matter, they're entirely POINTLESS outside of unlocks which you'll get over time so DERP at that.

Refunding the ticket is more important, but it shouldn't put yourself in danger for the sake of refunding that ticket. Better you lose one than lose two for POINTZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and trying to refund a ticket and failing.

A lot of people going "OMG 75 TICKETS IN RUSH IS TOO LITTLE" even in 32-player servers have either 1) completely skipped BF3/BC2 where it was 75-100 tickets per map/server and 2) if not on 64-player Rush servers (which are dildos, BTW. I don't recommend it but it's the only way for me to play the mode since no one plays 32-player servers *sigh*), 75-tickets is more than enough if people would FUCKING REVIVE.

Xyber

The major issue is people forget to throw their kit items out. Even on PC.

(No one comes, get shot and die, get revived)

Me: Thanks

(20% health, no ammo still)

Me: SMH.

I think the main problem here is that EVERYONE is blinking on the mini map as soon as they need ammo/health whether they have requested for it or not (even my own fucking icon blinks if I need to give myself ammo..). So unless you are in my squad, actually finding you among the rest of the team is really hard.

But when I'm playing support I just throw ammo packs to everyone all the time, because free points yo.

Acinixys

Replaying the last mission to unlock the MP weapons and HOT DAMN this shit sucks. Its 70% unskippable cut-scenes

Cutscene - Walk 10m to a Boat - Cutscene - Onralils boat drive - Cutscene - Push LMB - Cutscene - Press E to win game

WHY YOU DO DIS DICE I THOUGH I WAS PLAYING A SHOOTY GAME

So glad i can alt tab out and let them play

Jinjo

I love this game, but man netcode is shit. I am ripping up stuff in the morning/early afternoon with/against my fellow europeans, but soon as the Americans wake up it's a completely different story. I get outgunned even if I have the drop on people, often I immediately die just when I notice the first bullet hitting me. It's frustrating, I know it's not about KD, but just to show how bad it is, in about 4 hours time my overall KD dropped by nearly a tenth, which means I was struggling to even hit breakeven when it comes to kills/deaths.

I am shelfing this 'till ps4 edition, maybe the weekend morning session or two, but I hope by the end of november things will have improved.

I love this game, but man netcode is shit. I am ripping up stuff in the morning/early afternoon with/against my fellow europeans, but soon as the Americans wake up it's a completely different story. I get outgunned even if I have the drop on people, often I immediately die just when I notice the first bullet hitting me. It's frustrating, I know it's not about KD, but just to show how bad it is, in about 4 hours time my overall KD dropped by nearly a tenth, which means I was struggling to even hit breakeven when it comes to kills/deaths.

I am shelfing this 'till ps4 edition, maybe the weekend morning session or two, but I hope by the end of november things will have improved.

I have the same problem. It's frustrating. Glad to hear it's not just me.

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
At my wits end. I crash pretty much every game now. I don't recall BF3 being this messed up, but I've never wanted a refund this badly in all my years of gaming.

Why did I buy Premium? Fuck.

Jinjo

I have the same problem. It's frustrating. Glad to hear it's not just me.

I feel your pain bro.

I think matchmaking has some problems to say the least, i was paired with people from the US yesterday. I am in EU.

Exactly, quickmatch is a mess. But it's better than dealing with the broken server browser. Why show me 50 games that are full first when I specifically filter for 1-10/1-15 free spots. By the time you reach the few 23/24 servers those spots are taken already too.

On the plus side, the server crash issues seem to happen less (aside from siege of shanghai). It's weird how a shooter focused solely on online does so many things wrong in netcode/matchmaking. Not to mention the lack of a party-up system.

I absolutely love this game when it works though, but that's also the problem. When it works.

Jinjo

Dunno about 100% of the time, but in Rush it hasn't locked on me yet, seems to happen mostly in conquest. Atleast that is my experience, I try to avoid it now.

For some reason I have yet to get dunked on by the water in Lancang Dam, haven't had that levolute on me yet. Paracel Storm neither, then again, I have switched mostly to Rush now. Holding out for that 64 player conquest goodness on ps4.

Kabuto

I finished the campaign yesterday and it was not as bad as everyone said it was. I liked it and will probably replay it for the collectibles/Gold ratings.

I downloaded Windows 8.1 this past weekend too and it is like night and day for Battlefield 4 performance. Windows 7 was a stuttering mess and now Windows 8.1 runs it at 60-80fps no problem. Still getting disconnected a lot sadly, but running the game on Ultra (which looks better than it did on 7) feels so good.

Hey thanks for the revive but 20HP won't get me that far. Please, if you don't have time to charge the defib longer, throw down a med pack. You only have to press one button.

Divus

Does siege of shanghai crash 100% of the time when that building collapses?

Never has for me but for my friends it does every time.

Played about 6 hours yesterday with some friends and I'd bet 1/3 of my deaths were netcode related and 1/6 were KIA for no specific reason I could figure.

It wasn't just random people it was always 1 or 2 people on every server we joined, many times with decent pings that were the problem. I know I have footage of me and others trying to kill one particular person 5 vs 1 and he wouldn't get hit and kill us all. Another that had a 15 ping who on our end was running in place and insta gibbed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom