• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingbrave

This is all true, especially for a Combat Medic. Because of it, I'm a little ashamed to admit that I've been spending a lot of time playing Locker because it offers some good CQC. The problem are the choke points at C, which bore me to tears, especially since I usually play Medic on this map. But there are some good corners and other areas where the CQC can be really satisfying.

All in all I blame it on the netcode. Way too many instances where you and your opponent are both killed, way too many one-shot kills (especially from LMGs which can apparently be carried around like assault rifles), and spawning on a squad member anywhere near combat is like an instant death (I usually have to spawn 2 flags away and hoof it to the battle to keep from getting insta-killed). But worst of all: getting killed behind cover. Not being able to duck out, shoot and duck behind cover again because the netcode lags and you get killed behind the cover is the WORST thing about this game right now. It almost ruins the whole game for me, because I can't use the terrain effectively. I end up just sneaking around all the time trying to catch someone off-guard before I get spotted half-way across the map and killed. On big maps, I always feel exposed, even when I spawn, because cover is so useless.

Ashamed? Locker is fun as hell!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
this almost never happens because the path outside is a good distance away from the panopticon, on metro the two stairs @ flag c were right next to each other

Play 64 player, then it "almost never always" happens.

The maps are (once again) not built for 64-players, but that's all the PC community will play. 32 players are barren or empty. It's royally sad.

And the game continues to CTD or disconnect me.

Getting spawn killed by attack boats on Paracel Storm because your team is too incompetent to kill them is a quick way to rage quit and not want to play for the rest of the day....

Wasnt the BETA like much much more stable than release? The PS3 Beta only crashed once for me.
Gonna guess its a server load issue, more folks playing than anticipated or somethin'

* Crossing fingers for the PS4 release *
DICEY PLS

For majority of the beta, it wouldn't even load for me, so this is a big improvement from that :p

DTKT

Locker is slightly better than Metro but that's not saying much. It still comes down to a really shitty map designed around choke points where you will have one team dominating the other.

It's there so that people can grind points and not really think about what they are doing.

Stainless

Getting spawn killed by attack boats on Paracel Storm because your team is too incompetent to kill them is a quick way to rage quit and not want to play for the rest of the day....

The problem I have is when I spawn into a boat the driver always cruises up to a spot offshore one of the islands, then just sits there in one spot while we take heavy fire.

The problem I have is when I spawn into a boat the driver always cruises up to a spot offshore one of the islands, then just sits there in one spot while we take heavy fire.

Heh, I always take the 50.cal sniper and pick off boat gunners cause they're usually sitting ducks.

The maps are (once again) not built for 64-players, but that's all the PC community will play. 32 players are barren or empty. It's royally sad.

i only play 64 player and nope

Facism

good games on GAF server, Dr Jan Itor tearing it up.

edit: seks, shame about 32 player servers. There are loads of them in the Eurozone.

RS4-

Anything with those attack boats is a bad map.

For Dom, Rogue transmission is the worst.

Locker is awesome. All it takes is a few to continually make a push outside to both flank and come behind C. Metro is just pure luck if you can make it out of the subway.

Ah fair enough, I can certainly understand those reasons.

I've been spending a lot of time recently playing Domination/Team Deathmatch for smaller matches. I'm enjoying the core gunplay a lot more compared to BF3. Found a fun as hell Pistol/Knife only Domination server which is a blast to play as well for something different :) You're not even allowed to use grenades.

lol, this sounds amazing. Link for the sever?

wiggleb0t

Banned
good games on GAF server, Dr Jan Itor tearing it up.

edit: seks, shame about 32 player servers. There are loads of them in the Eurozone.

Reasonable amount in Australia also. Much more longer life time and more thorough strategy panning out instead of being shot in all the hectic craziness that is 64 player.

As mentioned above and will always be an issue. Fucking snipers, really :| Camp on a roof a click away from an objective, getting the objective done only to be camp shot from someone who's borderline useless outside of TDM.
Personally like joining a squad without any snipers, gives better options on spawning and more likely an objective driven group.

64p, as it always been, map dependent. Shanghai and Dawnbreak are fine at 64 but its absolute shit in Operation. Paracel Storm is another terrible map for 64 players, fucked up water to land ratio and OP boats, yeah I'm gonna go ahead and test out my quit button.

TheSeks

64p, as it always been, map dependent. Shanghai and Dawnbreak are fine at 64 but its absolute shit in Operation. Paracel Storm is another terrible map for 64 players, fucked up water to land ratio and OP boats, yeah I'm gonna go ahead and test out my quit button.

I'd say Shanghai is the only one worth playing on 64-players, BUT: Not in Rush.

Dawnbreaker is pretty bad, I haven't played it outside of Rush and Obliteration but on both 64-players is WAYYYY too much.

That doesn't mean that it can't be fun (in Obliteration) like the other maps, but it's downright TERRIBLE in Operation Locker. Which "Metro 1.5" until "Metro 2.0" ships for BF4 then everyone will make server rotations of the two for LOLOLOL RANK UP. *sigh*

I don't understand how people have such a difficult time with attack boats. Maybe because they use the law.

Law's weak damage versus a good gunner/pilot group solo = death.

Even if you plug it with like multiple LAWs it feels like it takes forever to bring it down.

3l66F4A.jpg

I'm convinced DICE has a special algorithm that puts me in the worst team configuration possible.

TheSeks

http://i.imgur.com/3l66F4A.jpg

I'm convinced DICE has a special algorithm that puts me in the worst team configuration possible.

Hahaha, I know that feel.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: DICE should just do away with stats outside of global and per-weapon accuracy and kills for the weapons. KPM, SPM, WLR, KDR all of that is just e-peen wanking and should go so people enjoy the game however they want.

"BUT THEN PEOPLE WON'T PLAY THE OBJECTIVEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!" Just like they aren't now because they have to get that KDR, bro?

Kingbrave

Hahaha, I know that feel.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: DICE should just do away with stats outside of global and per-weapon accuracy and kills for the weapons. KPM, SPM, WLR, KDR all of that is just e-peen wanking and should go so people enjoy the game however they want.

"BUT THEN PEOPLE WON'T PLAY THE OBJECTIVEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!" Just like they aren't now because they have to get that KDR, bro?

My kdr is .44...

creyas

The maps are (once again) not built for 64-players, but that's all the PC community will play. 32 players are barren or empty. It's royally sad..

The few 32 player 24/7 Locker servers in Europe are always packed. I play on them a lot.

Haven't finished a game in the last 2 hours due to crashing. Doesn't matter what map/mode. Never been like this before. Hate losing all those points

jaaz

Ashamed? Locker is fun as hell!

Ashamed because as much as I like Locker, it's not a classic Battlefield game, and I've been playing Battlefield since 1942 launch. There are no vehicles, for one.

But that said I will defend it a bit: Locker is NO Metro. Like others said, there are many paths around to flank, including the snow. The top/bottom entrances to C is the closest you get to the Metro stairs, but even then a match rarely starts and ends there, unlike just about every match of Metro @ the stairs. There are so many blind corners, it's just fun.

And a great place to grind too. It would have taken me weeks on the huge maps to grind the kills I needed to unlock the ACE 23 and the revives and heals I needed to unlock basic things like the large med bag.

Remmy2112

3l66F4A.jpg

0tOD9Op.png

It helps to play with friends, even if those friends are people you've met in Battlefield who were decent players. Try to add them to friends list and see if they'll accept.

As for those wins up there one of our group decided to play as a engineer on infantry maps with the LAW launcher and imitate Armand Assante from Judge Dredd every time he got a kill with it.

DSN2K

is it me or does this game look almost too clean ?
KuGsj.gif
Im playing at 1080p 4XMSAA and it almost looks too sharp...I know what I'm saying sounds bizarre but I think having a level of post AA would help.

most servers in bf3 had a team scrambler script if the ticket difference was too high, i imagine we'll see the same for bf4, at least i hope we do

Sethos

Banned
is it me or does this game look almost too clean ?
KuGsj.gif
Im playing at 1080p 4XMSAA and it almost looks too sharp...I know what I'm saying sounds bizarre but I think having a level of post AA would help.

This is what happens when you try FXAA.

FXAA, not even once.

Facism

i tried to m2slam an attack boat with the ski on paracel.

Wave sent me over the attack boat, m2 slams went off, took myself out literally just out of reach of the attack boat.

I was laughing for about a minute before i resumed normal programming by raging at a recunt in the squad camping that tower whilst A was being capped by the enemy team. He wasn't even looking at it! I even told him to aim at A!

Respawn

Banned
I have an extra code so whoever nab them first it's theirs. This is for pre-ordering on Amazon and you need to have an Origin acct. You can only use one code per account.

Your promotional code:

EUU9-UYEK-RNGJ-U6Q3
Promotion details:
The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for pre-ordering “Battlefield 4." Your purchase has qualified you for a bonus Battlepack. This contains a combination of new weapon accessories, dog tags, knives, XP boosts, and character customization items for use with "Battlefield 4".

How to redeem your code (See “Your promotional code” above):

Step 1: Go to dogtagoffer.battlefield.com
Step 2: Log in with your Origin account (or sign-up if you don't already have an Origin account)
Step 3: Follow the instructions to enter your promotional code
Step 4: Bonus in-game content will be available after "Battlefield 4" launches this fall

AEREC

I have an extra code so whoever nab them first it's theirs. This is for pre-ordering on Amazon and you need to have an Origin acct. You can only use one code per account.

Your promotional code:

EUU9-UYEK-RNGJ-U6Q3
Promotion details:
The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for pre-ordering “Battlefield 4." Your purchase has qualified you for a bonus Battlepack. This contains a combination of new weapon accessories, dog tags, knives, XP boosts, and character customization items for use with "Battlefield 4".

How to redeem your code (See “Your promotional code” above):

Step 1: Go to dogtagoffer.battlefield.com
Step 2: Log in with your Origin account (or sign-up if you don't already have an Origin account)
Step 3: Follow the instructions to enter your promotional code
Step 4: Bonus in-game content will be available after "Battlefield 4" launches this fall

Snagged it...Thanks a bunch!

Woo-Fu

Banned
Until everyone covers both routes, then it's as bad as Metro.

Not in my experience. I've always been able to break through the outside. Defenders being mostly static make them very vulnerable to mortars, sraw sureshots, grenades, etc.

On top of that we have smoke that blocks spotting, unlike the gimp bf3 smoke.

If you want to flank you can, just a matter of doing it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom