• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith

Tried the Ace 23 and got raped with it. Switched back to the Famas and played so much better.

I think I will stick with it, best weapon IMO.

EVIL

I have a logitech G500 mouse and I am able to bind the gadgets to the thumb buttons, but in a match they don't do shit. Is this a bug? if so, is there a work around?

derFeef

I have a logitech G500 mouse and I am able to bind the gadgets to the thumb buttons, but in a match they don't do shit. Is this a bug? if so, is there a work around?

I had the same problem with another Logitech mouse. You kinda needed to double- or triple tab the button in game for it to register. I threw the mouse away, although I guess it's a driver problem.

zma1013

Is Dice's patching still going to be large, gigantic patches every 3 months instead of several smaller patches at a quicker pace?

Is Dice's patching still going to be large, gigantic patches every 3 months instead of several smaller patches at a quicker pace?

If they keep the PC patch cycle on the same schedule as console patches, then the answer is probably yes. Microsoft and Sony charge a good bit of money for patch certification and release, so it's not economical to release the kind of frequent patches you tend to see on PC games.

Really hoping they don't tie PC patches to console patches again, but I'd be willing to bet they do.

EVIL

I had the same problem with another Logitech mouse. You kinda needed to double- or triple tab the button in game for it to register. I threw the mouse away, although I guess it's a driver problem.

hmm, I will have a look at my drivers. Its strange tho, since it works in other games (DOTA2) for example

prophecy0

I played a lot of Domination this weekend and finally had a lot of fun with the game. I had very few crashes, which helped my enjoyment.

I tried out the AK5C and WOW do I love it. I used it pretty much all weekend. It's good at close range, especially with a grip and laser on it. At medium-long range it does just fine as long as you burst fire. It also has a great bullet velocity so suppressors don't have much of an effect on it. I'm having so much fun with it that I'm having a hard time making myself try out some of the other weapons.

Grief.exe

I get outgunned even if I have the drop on people, often I immediately die just when I notice the first bullet hitting me.

I really hate that. One bullet, dead.

The crazy thing is, I always play on servers with around 35 ping.

At my wits end. I crash pretty much every game now. I don't recall BF3 being this messed up, but I've never wanted a refund this badly in all my years of gaming.

Why did I buy Premium? Fuck.

EA has your money, they don't give a fuck. At least you can use 20 extra layers on your emblem!

Origin has a refund service if you wish.

Patching looks to be synced to the console approval process again.

That is why you saw so the patches so far apart and very large. Because each patch cost EA money.

Jinjo

I played a lot of Domination this weekend and finally had a lot of fun with the game. I had very few crashes, which helped my enjoyment.

I tried out the AK5C and WOW do I love it. I used it pretty much all weekend. It's good at close range, especially with a grip and laser on it. At medium-long range it does just fine as long as you burst fire. It also has a great bullet velocity so suppressors don't have much of an effect on it. I'm having so much fun with it that I'm having a hard time making myself try out some of the other weapons.

DAT STABILITY

You can do whatever you like with that gun, it stays on target, even more so with some good grip options. Carbines are definitely my go to gun class. I've dabbled in the AK-12U and AWR, and even though I like those as well, I always seem to return to my AK5C.

Patching looks to be synced to the console approval process again.

1367.gif

God damn it. This will be a nightmare....waiting on patches for 360/PS3/XB1/PS4 and PC.

witness

With all the complaints here, is the game worth the $30 asking price it will have on black friday? Keep in mind I would get it for ps3 and do the ps4 upgrade for next year. For reference I loved BC2 but BF3 just didn't click with me and I quickly stopped playing.

prophecy0

DAT STABILITY

You can do whatever you like with that gun, it stays on target, even more so with some good grip options. Carbines are definitely my go to gun class. I've dabbled in the AK-12U and AWR, and even though I like those as well, I always seem to return to my AK5C.

Yuuuuup. My effectiveness (and enjoyment) went up substantially as soon as I started using carbines.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Look guys just accept it when I tell you the attack boat isnt overpowered. Just ignore these rounds when accessing my credibility on the matter.

Also, if you want to win just play with us. Kind of easy.

367zPIg.png
What is that graph? Ive seen it in this thread several times but dunno what it represents :s

Rageino

So any time I've searched to see if anyone is on the GAF server, it's been real empty. Anybody able to share it's peak times?

I'm just going to ride the regular edition + China Rising until Titanfall is released.

That's another game where I'm taking a wait and see approach. I expect it to be far more stable than BF 4 since it's releasing in far less platforms, but the shadow of paid DLC maps looms over its head.

Grief.exe

The strategy EA used by releasing Battlefield 4 early seems to have paid off. Of course, it also completely fucked consumers, but we all know EA could care less about us.

F44wtu2.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BF3 killtimes > BF4 killtimes

Not really. You're mostly saying that because of the shit netcode right now. If DICE fixes it it'll be interesting to see the TTK combat in BF4.

BC2 on PC is just clunky as hell after putting in 700+ hours on PS3. 2 for Primary. WTF, DICE?

EVIL

man, I am addicted to the M249, its so good!

Reducing the side recoil with the compensator and I am using a stubby grib or potato grip to cut the stability penalty of the compensator by 50%
So now I have less horizontal drift and the stability penalty is now only 15% instead of 30%

I guess this works for most weapons to which you apply a compensator or muzzle break.

I guess I have almost everything for support unlocked, need to plow trough a few more rounds for the MG4.

Trying to see what would be a nice kit to unlock. I kinda want to unlock the recon kit, but I dislike sniping. are the DMR's any good?

I have to agree.
Also as much as I love BF3 and BF4 I still havent had the fun I used to have in BC2. The maps and class balance alone were much better

You had me until class balance.

I do think BC2 is more fun than BF3 and BF4. But class balance... heh. It was all over the place. Each class had something that was insanely broken and people tended to abuse relentlessly until Dice patched it. Eventually Dice stopped patching it and left a lot of things.... iffy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom