• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stability is recoil and how steady they gun is when firing and accuracy is moreso spread of the bullets being fired and how on target they are

Is there a sweet spot or a point of diminishing returns where putting too much points in one doesn't add as much, or is it gun dependent ?

Overdoziz

Banned
Not really. You're mostly saying that because of the shit netcode right now. If DICE fixes it it'll be interesting to see the TTK combat in BF4.

BC2 on PC is just clunky as hell after putting in 700+ hours on PS3. 2 for Primary. WTF, DICE?
It's probably more a combination of generally having less spread and recoil and not being able to hear enemy fire until they hit you. The amount of times I die basically instantly is a lot higher per game than in BF3 and it can be incredibly frustrating and makes it so I can be a lot less aggressive than I could be in BF3. Even in the beta where the netcode was somehow less of an issue the killtimes were frustrating more than anything. I switched back to BF3 after the beta and it felt great running around without constantly feeling vulnerable.

Grief.exe

Not really. You're mostly saying that because of the shit netcode right now. If DICE fixes it it'll be interesting to see the TTK combat in BF4.

BC2 on PC is just clunky as hell after putting in 700+ hours on PS3. 2 for Primary. WTF, DICE?

You can fix that pretty damn quickly.

I sure did.

Nameless

It hurt to retire the 870 as my main shotgun, but the SAIGA is a destroyer of universes. Full choke with flechettes & folding grip, it's almost as if a DMR and Shotgun screwed and had a baby. Roasts in close quarters and stands up quite well against all flavors of automatics at medium and longish distances. Superb weapon. I had good success with the DBV as well, but that upward recoil is a bitch, especially when things get hectic.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
It hurt to retire the 870 as my main shotgun, but the SAIGA is a destroyer of universes. Full choke with flechettes & folding grip, it's almost as if a DMR and Shotgun screwed and had a baby. Roasts in close quarters and stands up quite well against all flavors of automatics at medium and longish distances. Superb weapon. I had good success with the DBV as well, but that upward recoil is a bitch, especially when things get hectic.

I haven't really tried shotguns yet. Time to go level them up.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's probably more a combination of generally having less spread and recoil and not being able to hear enemy fire until they hit you. The amount of times I die basically instantly is a lot higher per game than in BF3 and it can be incredibly frustrating and makes it so I can be a lot less aggressive than I could be in BF3. Even in the beta where the netcode was somehow less of an issue the killtimes were frustrating more than anything. I switched back to BF3 after the beta and it felt great running around without constantly feeling vulnerable.

Again, most of it is netcode. Let's wait and see once they fix they netcode before making claims the previous game with a higher TTK is better than the one with lower TTK, yeah?

Grief.exe said:
You can fix that pretty damn quickly.

I sure did.

Vehicle turret speed is slow (yes, you can fix this) in comparison to controller/console defaults. This is an issue in BF4 as well. BF3's turret speed is fine, less a "rabbit on crack" unlike the PS3 version.

That's not to mention the "lag" between switching weapons and kit items in BC2 PC that isn't there in PS3 BC2.

BC2 PC is fine, it's just EXTREMELY clunky after playing the PS3 version. It's readily apparent BC2 was built for consoles/controllers in mind.

Iskander

Neo Member
Finished the stupid campaign today and it crashed during the credits roll. Didn't get the final unlocks (despite Battlelog recording that I had finished). OK, frustrating, but the last mission is short so no problem - I fire it up again (on Easy this time) and it crashes during the credits again.

Hours of my life I'll never get back. Fuck.

Druz

Shooting people in a Battlefield game finally feels right in BF4. They never got it right until now. BF3 was horribad for a couple of reasons. BC2 was tolerable but not great. Feels like a PC BF game now.

CozMick

Banned
Pretty cool feature for the ps4 version I havent seen posted.

The Gyro in the dualshock 4 can be used to lean and look around while in vehicles.

Much more user friendly than kinect imo.

See when you say that everything else you say loses all credibility.

every class being OP in some way is a good way fo things to be fun.

we had Assault-Supports with their infinite 40MM GL, LMG Medic trains, sniping was easier and of course the Carl Gustav. every class had something for people to just fucking love to death.

DAT FIGHTING GAME BALANCE

Anyone else crash after using the various array of M320s, except for the HE? The game will crash after firing one round out of the M320 (not HE).

I think my game is broken (PS3). Everything has been good since launch, but today I have encountered a tonne of bugs. Completely invisible people, people walking through walls, invincibility, cross hairs and damage markers disappearing, sound cutting out. And the game seems to crash between every game. I have tried other PS3 games and they seem to be working fine. I have also deleted and reinstalled the game but the issues persist.

I am enjoying BF4 a lot more than I ever did BF3, however the lack of a pre-game squad system and these horrid bugs popping up now and then (and much more frequently today) - I hope that the PS4 version can correct these issues.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I think my game is broken (PS3). Everything has been good since launch, but today I have encountered a tonne of bugs. Completely invisible people, people walking through walls, invincibility, cross hairs and damage markers disappearing, sound cutting out. And the game seems to crash between every game. I have tried other PS3 games and they seem to be working fine. I have also deleted and reinstalled the game but the issues persist.

It's not broken. I think you just had some good luck between launch and recently. Now you're mean reverting back to the average BF4 experience!

Overdoziz

Banned
Made a new emblem:
4ZLWBsP.png

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I need some help deciding between getting this on PC or PS4 (when I get one lol), right now I have a Clevo Laptop with i7 2.5ghz, a GTX660M and 8gb ram but im not sure if it could perform WELL (not just min settings) in BF4, what do you guys think?

vixlar

i think the "cross" that is below on the HUD should display how many instances of each gadget you have. Specially for pokeballs.

Heysoos

Okay so I went into Obliteration match on Golmud Railway, and I swear to god I was getting killed by snipers while I was BEHIND a hill and they were extremely far away and clearly in lower ground. What the fuck?

You had me until class balance.

I do think BC2 is more fun than BF3 and BF4. But class balance... heh. It was all over the place. Each class had something that was insanely broken and people tended to abuse relentlessly until Dice patched it. Eventually Dice stopped patching it and left a lot of things.... iffy :)

They may have been slightly OP in some scenarios and maybe "balance" isn't the right word but they were still ALL fun. In BC2 I played every class. In BF3 and BF4 I only play 1 or 2

Plus it's not like BF3 and BF4 don't have their fair share of broken things too.

NIN90

Having this game on an SSD is awesome.
I'm already arming the first MCOM while the other team still browses the internet while the map loads.

Also, smoke grenade are awesome. Makes getting to MCOMs way more managable.
Holding down pathways with smoke grenades and an IRNV sight is fun too!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I'm already arming the first MCOM while the other team still browses the internet while the map loads.

Yup. I've already captured A with my scout helo by the time most people spawn!

Grief.exe

Also, smoke grenade are awesome. Makes getting to MCOMs way more managable.
Holding down pathways with smoke grenades and an IRNV sight is fun too!

BC2 with an SSD was even crazier.

Timu

Guys I got that sound bug on Golmud Railway where I couldn't hear anything and went on for most of the match...

Leveling up PDWs is going to take a lonnnnng time. They seem to have no place in large open Battlefield maps.

Anyone have any tips for them?

Timu

I have to agree.
Also as much as I love BF3 and BF4 I still havent had the fun I used to have in BC2. The maps and class balance alone were much better
Same for me.

They may have been slightly OP in some scenarios and maybe "balance" isn't the right word but they were still ALL fun. In BC2 I played every class. In BF3 and BF4 I only play 1 or 2

Plus it's not like BF3 and BF4 don't have their fair share of broken things too.
Yeah I never touch Recon much in BF3 and BF4 like I do with BC2. My mains are Assault and Engineer.

Bread

Banned
What's everyones choice for DMRs? I've been using the SKS since I unlocked it and I love it, so I haven't had the chance to try any other ones.

Facism

well we had a absolutely dominant game on Operation Shithouse and had a random raging at tose of us with GAF tags.

Delicious gamer rage.

derFeef

Thx guys who sent me the ID's before, just added the requests :)
If you need a running ammo dispenser who is an average-to-okay shot and loves to capture points, add derFeef!

Ugh... Last couple times I've tried playing I've been getting the whole game locked up accompanied by a DirectX crash message. Before when the game has stroked out, its usually just been on the server side.

Game is fun when it works, but its just a matter of playing long enough to finish a match.

Ahhh, that's what you meant. Yeah, I agree. I could have fun with all classes. Mainly recon with that sick VSS. That sucker got me accused of hacking just about daily xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom