• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

otapnam

fuck it guys.

just ordered a MSI R9 280X to replace my 6970. I only game @ 1080p so im looking fwd to that 60FPS+ performance @ max settings

Am I in the minority when I say that I love the SRAW? I mean I've always been a RPG man myself, but I'm loving this thing. You can shoot half a map away and still guide it into a tank, helicopter, or boat if you have a clean line of sight.

luiztfc

fuck it guys.

just ordered a MSI R9 280X to replace my 6970. I only game @ 1080p so im looking fwd to that 60FPS+ performance @ max settings

Please, share your results afterwards. What model did you get?

I'm running two 6970 (in CF) and I really want to sell them and grab a R9 280X or R9 290 (both with non ref models with improved coolers.)

otapnam

Please, share your results afterwards. What model did you get?

I'm running two 6970 (in CF) and I really want to sell them and grab a R9 280X or R9 290 (both with non ref models with improved coolers.)

Ill definitely share the results. i ordered the MSI since its one of the shortest cards out there. Its actually shorter than my Sapphire 6970.

Been having alot of issues with the game then i tried messing with my BIOS and other settings so i decided to just screw it and just power up the GPU.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not in my experience. I've always been able to break through the outside. Defenders being mostly static make them very vulnerable to mortars, sraw sureshots, grenades, etc.

On top of that we have smoke that blocks spotting, unlike the gimp bf3 smoke.

If you want to flank you can, just a matter of doing it properly.

Smoke takes forever to start up as a grenade. Anyone covering that route will throw explosives at the smoke in general. Or shoot you coming out of the smoke.

"Flanking properly" has nothing to do with it, it's just a terrible map because the alt routes are just as bad as Metro's. "Less so," doesn't make it any less bad.

I've never played Battle except for a quick jab at the demo of Bad Company. I loved the humor of that.

Anyways, I picked up BF4 as my freebie from a B1G1 off Amazon. What am in for? I am mainly a single player guy but I decided to get this over Call of Duty Ghosts for multiplayer. Any tips for a n00b?

otapnam

Were you getting crashes on your 6970? Let us know if a 280x fixes it

haha yeah. I was OCing the 6970 a decent bit of course. I also had to roll back my motherboard bios since i didnt even notice it wasnt running my memory in triple channel mode. Anyways, I started getting a DX error once in awhile and other times it would hard lock my computer.

creyas

fuck it guys.

I don't think a 280X would be able to do that, at least my 7970 GHz didn't quite do it in Beta. Haven't tried it in the release though, playing at 4xMSAA with mixed settings.

creyas

The final version runs much better (when it's not crashing).

..and just remembered that Mantle, which might be coming this month, would enable it to pull it off for sure unless it's a huge disappointment. Yeah, it's probably okay after all.

While Mantle will probably console me a bit i'd really like to have ShadowPlay with this game. :(

otapnam

..and just remembered that Mantle, which might be coming this month, would enable it to pull it off for sure unless it's a huge disappointment. Yeah, it's probably okay after all.

haha yeah - you may be right though, with 4x msaa it might not quite pass 60, but I am hoping for more with mantle in the future. i figured now was the time before my 6970's resale value drops even more

wutwutnssv6.gif

4 fucking rounds in a row where I log in, get a few kills and then get the sound loop crash.

The fact that DICE haven't even attemtped to fix it or said anything about a patch is really frustrating.

I don't get a lot of time to play, add in all the crashes and restarts and it's even less

They really need to rebalance a lot of stuff in this game. The Scout Helis are killers. It's fun to use, but not fun when you're getting slammed by them

I'm thinking of putting this game down until the first patch. It's a blast so far, but there seems to be too many ways to 'exploit' the system.

Fucking shit, amazing game, incredible score, unlocking shit left and right, and a few tix away from ending the game fucking locks up. This shit is rage inducing.

I've had so many hours of gameplay erased because of the locking up

Remmy2112

They really need to rebalance a lot of stuff in this game. The Scout Helis are killers. It's fun to use, but not fun when you're getting slammed by them

I'm thinking of putting this game down until the first patch. It's a blast so far, but there seems to be too many ways to 'exploit' the system.

Only a very small percentage of the player base is able to use the scout heli so effectively. I don't think they need to balance something because a few star players are able to perform really well. If such a player appears in your game then you or other players need to step up and form stinger teams.

Only a very small percentage of the player base is able to use the scout heli so effectively. I don't think they need to balance something because a few star players are able to perform really well. If such a player appears in your game then you or other players need to step up and form stinger teams.

I need to disagree with you. It's probably the most OP vehicle in the game. Besides having powerful cannons with huge splash radius, with two engies it's almost impossible to take down. They need to make it either unrepairable in the air, or more fragile. And this is coming from someone who abuses the fuck out of them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://abload.de/img/wutwutnssv6.gif

I've had that happen with enemies appearing out of nowhere to dogtag me from the side when I just passed that area before and it was clear two seconds ago. Shit is infuriatingly hilarious.

Grief.exe

Really good competitive games generally balance around the top % and then let the core players adjust.

When you do the opposite you generally run into a clusterfuck situation like Halo 4 apparently was.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Had some really good games today, top fun GAF! :)

(Especially PLDing that ATV and seeing him try outrunning a rocket on Dawnbreaker).

Remmy2112

I need to disagree with you. It's probably the most OP vehicle in the game. Besides having powerful cannons with huge splash radius, with two engies it's almost impossible to take down. They need to make it either unrepairable in the air, or more fragile. And this is coming from someone who abuses the fuck out of them.

Making it harder for engineers to repair seems to be the way to go, then. While those guns are powerful it seems that the heli only enters truly OP territory when paired with dedicated engineer repairers. That is the combo that needs to be nerfed, not the heli itself.

Bog

Junior Ace
Why can't I map more than the LMB, RMB and Middle? I have a few more on here that'd be great for grenades, etc.

Why can't I map more than the LMB, RMB and Middle? I have a few more on here that'd be great for grenades, etc.

I have 5 buttons on my mouse and have the side ones set for primary and secondary weapons for quick switching.

You sure you're clicking in the mouse column to assign them?

Grief.exe

Make sure you are clicking the mouse portion of the rebindable keys rather than the keyboard. Look in the upper right-hand corner for the proper section.

I have forward mouse button on grenade and back mouse button on prone.

Bombless

Had some really good games today, top fun GAF! :)

(Especially PLDing that ATV and seeing him try outrunning a rocket on Dawnbreaker).

I laughed so much at that. The guy just hightailed it in a straight line...and then the hammer fell.

Having a recon with PLD as an engie is just brutal. Pretty sure we can give the OP Scout helis with engineers a run for their money. So many great kills through teamplay. It was a great series of games EU-GAF squad!

Making it harder for engineers to repair seems to be the way to go, then. While those guns are powerful it seems that the heli only enters truly OP territory when paired with dedicated engineer repairers. That is the combo that needs to be nerfed, not the heli itself.

I agree. I think once they also beef up the stealth jets it'll help bring a bit of balance. The stealth jets should be the hard counter to all things flying, but right now their just big-ass flying paperweights.

I think in a few patches time this game will be amazing . . . It's already a blast, it just needs some tweaking. I'm worried about how long that's going to take.

And please improve the net code dice.

Acinixys

I've never played Battle except for a quick jab at the demo of Bad Company. I loved the humor of that.

Anyways, I picked up BF4 as my freebie from a B1G1 off Amazon. What am in for? I am mainly a single player guy but I decided to get this over Call of Duty Ghosts for multiplayer. Any tips for a n00b?

Look at the mini map
Look at the mini map
Look at the mini map
Look at the mini map
Look at the mini map
Look at the mini map

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I love stabbing snipers in the back so much. Some of those fuckers just love to camp up high in radio towers or beside dishes etc. The airburst is also one of the best additions, nowhere to hide you sniping bastards.

Getting this when I try to connect to my favorite server, what gives!

I get this an awful lot. Sometimes joining another server, disconnecting and reconnecting to the one I wanted fixes it, other times it doesn't and I just can go on that server for a while ('til it restarts?).

Really fun bug.

HariKari

I love stabbing snipers in the back so much. Some of those fuckers just love to camp up high in radio towers or beside dishes etc. The airburst is also one of the best additions, nowhere to hide you sniping bastards.

You can usually leave them be up there or off in the distance. They are only hurting their team.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
You can usually leave them be up there or off in the distance. They are only hurting their team.

You're right but I love hunting them down anyway. I must have really pissed a few of them off as there were 3 of them up high and I took them all out with some well placed pistol shots.

Be sure to play as a good teammate. If you have ammo packs, throw them. If you're a medic, revive and throw medkits. Just be a good teamplayer.

Also, you can't really just spray like you can in COD. It's best to tap the trigger down for each shot. Will have better accuracy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom