• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

otapnam

Ugh... Last couple times I've tried playing I've been getting the whole game locked up accompanied by a DirectX crash message. Before when the game has stroked out, its usually just been on the server side.

Game is fun when it works, but its just a matter of playing long enough to finish a match.

Ive had that too. It would hardlock the whole system and id have to reboot, once in awhile i had the DX error.

What i tried was lowering my OC and actually upping the power/voltage on my 6970. Seemed to help out a little. Im just waiting for amazon to ship my new card now, cant wait

Zeppelin

I feel the recon class is just as useless in this game as it was in BF3, especially in Hardcore. In Hardcore, most of the gadgets have no impact since there's no mini-map (at least not on the servers I play on). The T-UGS, motion sensor and MAV are essentially useless. Maybe they could make the mini-map show up with 2D spotted targets if you're withing the operational area of any of those gadgets, or even have them show up in 3D. That might make the MAV a bit too OP though...

And the laser designation... I mean, it's a cool idea and I get that it's something that's hard to get right but it's very rarely worth going through the hassle with today. Your SOFLAM will get destroyed immediately and you only have one, and if you use your binoculars you'll eat a shell within seconds.

I think that maybe they should try to make them a little bit more harder to spot. I don't mean that me designating a target should mean we get a guarranteed kill, but it would be nice if there was atleast enough time for us to get a hit in.

I throw up in my mouth a little every time I get put on a passive, 'let's let the enemy cap every flag and we'll guard this one to da death!!!' team. I play really aggressively, and it hurts my stats.

Also, to the poster above, GOOD! They should be even more useless than they are now. It's the non-confrontational class.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Having this game on an SSD is awesome.
I'm already arming the first MCOM while the other team still browses the internet while the map loads.

+1 to this. First time ever in BF I can spawn before everyone else. Get choice to any vehicle.

BF2 would finish loading the map for me and the game would be halfway done.

Zeppelin

Also, to the poster above, GOOD! They should be even more useless than they are now. It's the non-confrontational class.

In Hardcore you have to be pretty confrontational. Stationary sniping is not very rewarding, since spotting doesn't work and you have to find all targets by yourself.

In non-HC snipers have their own meta game, just like in any other part of the game. Killing the enemy snipers and protecting your team from getting raped by them is much easier than hitting enemy infantry on the move, so that's what you tend to focus on. So if your team is getting hammered by snipers, maybe you should take them out yourself. Just like you have to deal with a attack helicopter wrecking havoc on your team.

I dunno but I think my spawn beacons and TUGS hidden near objectives seem to help my team a lot.

While this may be true, it seems as if the other 99% play it as, "My, what a fine piece of architecture! Tall too! Mindst if thou pitches a tent atop thee?"

My favorite is when a recon guy takes a multimillion dollar piece of death-dealing hardware to a tall spot, ejects, and dies two seconds later. SMH.

Oh, or my other favorite, when a recon dude is piloting a fully loaded heli, ejects to admire some nice, elevated vista, leaving the other 4 people on the chopper to die in a crash.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dawnbreaker and Shanghai the two that crash the most often for me now.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
It's awesome when you need ammo and your squad mate won't even throw you any. Even after sitting there for 20 seconds spamming Q at him requesting it. Then, he gets killed, you rez him and spam Q some more. Got ammo from him? Nope.

TheSeks

It's awesome when you need ammo and your squad mate won't even throw you any. Even after sitting there for 20 seconds spamming Q at him requesting it. Then, he gets killed, you rez him and spam Q some more. Got ammo from him? Nope.

That's when you don't revive him, grab the kit throw it out yourself, pick up your previous kit and revive him in seconds.

matthieuC

I am so bad at this game that it's ridiculous. I love it though, and I feel like I am playing fairly. Helping the team is fun enough in itself.

Bombless

Recon is actually very useful. The SOFLAM is pointless, the PLD is where it's at. When coupled with an engineer it does WONDERS. It works and is the only counter to very good airchavs when you lack airchavs of your own.

The only problem is most recons are SNIPERZ. Too busy padding their K/D at the top of wherever the fuck they went to hide (usually while sacrificing a helo/jet when they don't spend 20 minutes climbing all them ladders) and don't care about anything else. On 32vs32 you don't really feel it as long as there's very few of them, but when it's 8vs8 you basically lose, no way around it. So yes, I wish the recon would lose the sniping rifles / dmr altogether and be restricted to carbines. Short range or GTFO.

TheSeks

I don't think the SOFLAM is useless. Just like BF3 it requires good placement and people haven't unlocked it to test it just yet.

I think the Javelin's been nerfed a little too hard. Having to hold lock on vehicles is a deathwish with it unless people PDL or SOFLAM which they aren't doing. :| I liked the lock and forget because at least you could get pinged a little but guarantee you could hit something.

At least I've unlocked the C4 now which means I have TWO consistent anti-tank classes now since Engineers defo ain't it anymore, yay?

Edit: DERP, Useless. Not useful.

Ugh... Last couple times I've tried playing I've been getting the whole game locked up accompanied by a DirectX crash message. Before when the game has stroked out, its usually just been on the server side.

Game is fun when it works, but its just a matter of playing long enough to finish a match.

Yea the game is tons of fun, but it's rage inducing with the lock ups. Last three games I've had have locked up, so yay, no progress saved. Hours of gameplay is being wasted ugh.

Remmy2112

The only problem is most recons are SNIPERZ. Too busy padding their K/D at the top of wherever the fuck they went to hide (usually while sacrificing a helo/jet when they don't spend 20 minutes climbing all them ladders) and don't care about anything else. On 32vs32 you don't really feel it as long as there's very few of them, but when it's 8vs8 you basically lose, no way around it. So yes, I wish the recon would lose the sniping rifles / dmr altogether and be restricted to carbines. Short range or GTFO.

IMO snipers are easily countered, even from the ground. One support with a XM-25 airburst will fuck up their day almost every time, and can keep it fucked up even if they have a spawn beacon on a high spot. Eventually once more supports start doing I hope to see less recons trying these tactics. You don't see it right now because too few people play support and it takes more effort to learn the XM25 than a grenade launcher.

TheSeks

Speaking of the XM25 I have yet to get it to airburst or anything. :/ Fire it at cover and it just hits cover.

Dex815

I love when the newbies with rank 1-5 say that you are cheating because you kill them too often.

Hmm delicious noob tears :)

Remmy2112

Speaking of the XM25 I have yet to get it to airburst or anything. :/ Fire it at cover and it just hits cover.

Aim at a piece of cover with ADS until it says lock, then aim over the cover and it will burst 3 feet behind it.

Or just aim the top of the hipfire crosshair at the piece of cover, ADS, then aim at the empty space behind the cover. Your grenades will explode behind it. You need to be a little spammy, too. It takes 3-5 grenades to kill a person depending on their health and if they have any anti-explosive resistance from field upgrades.

TheSeks

Got the SRAW, I'm not too impressed and apparently suppression will throw it's rocket off. Also dunno how true it is but heard complaining about snipers being suppressed like everyone else, they're immune. I called that bullshit but I haven't tested sniper rifles to know.

Just leaves medic to finish up for all kit item unlocks and then it's weapon grinding, yay. :/

Zeppelin

I don't think the SOFLAM is useless. Just like BF3 it requires good placement and people haven't unlocked it to test it just yet.

I think the Javelin's been nerfed a little too hard. Having to hold lock on vehicles is a deathwish with it unless people PDL or SOFLAM which they aren't doing. :| I liked the lock and forget because at least you could get pinged a little but guarantee you could hit something.

It's useless. I spent hours trying to get the laser designation badge in BF3 and it just doesn't work in practice. Given, there was a bunch of ther problems with it in BF3 too (sensitivity getting nerfed into oblivion etc.), but it's too easy to take it out. There's simply too much effort for too little reward.

The PLD is even more a deathwish than the Javelin (haven't tried the Javelin in BF4 though, is it no longer fire and forget?). You're basically holding sign over your head reading "SHELL GOES HERE, ALSO I'M UNARMED" for a couple of seconds, then you respawn. It might still be more useful than the SOFLAM though, if you want to spend your round designating targets. Then you can at least relocate as soon as the MBT spots you.

I don't know what they should do about since it could easily become too OP, but it's a really cool mechanic and I just wish it was more rewarding.

That said, I did have a pretty good game with it on Goldmud Railway just now. But those are always the exception.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Dawnbreaker and Shanghai the two that crash the most often for me now.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever finished a dawnbreaker match.

I find the best performing matches are zavod, golmud, transmission, locker, and hainan resort.

TheSeks

Nah, man. Put the SOFLAM on a mountain or place where you'd PLD as yourself. Go somewhere else/under a roof, login to it and set it to watch a roadway or "lane" and then logout of it. It'll auto-designate targets for you and generally panic people.

Problem is, like the PDL no one uses the lock-on. It was the same in BF3: Unless you had someone that you knew was going to use it wasn't worth the effort to set up because it was just a waste when no one locked on.

Nori Chan

xGeneral%20Ice.png

I'm surprised I have W/L of 1.86 (41/63 won) when all I do is play with randoms o_O

i need xbros to squad up pls ;___;

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I need some help deciding between getting this on PC or PS4 (when I get one lol), right now I have a Clevo Laptop with i7 2.5ghz, a GTX660M and 8gb ram but im not sure if it could perform WELL (not just min settings) in BF4, what do you guys think?

Anyone?

Rudelord

In my very limited time with the ACE 23 on my assault and ACE 21 carbine on my engi, I've come to the sound conclusion there there's little reason to use anything else aside from the SCAR-H and ACE 52 ever again.

Super controllable, high RPM, and they get the very nice Coyote reflex sight as their first unlock.

Zeppelin

Nah, man. Put the SOFLAM on a mountain or place where you'd PLD as yourself. Go somewhere else/under a roof, login to it and set it to watch a roadway or "lane" and then logout of it. It'll auto-designate targets for you and generally panic people.

Problem is, like the PDL no one uses the lock-on. It was the same in BF3: Unless you had someone that you knew was going to use it wasn't worth the effort to set up because it was just a waste when no one locked on.

I know how it works. Thing is, as soon as you get a lock they'll take it down. With the PLD I can at least move to another location as soon as I see the turret homing in on me. But sure, there's some catch 22 to it as well. No point in setting it up unless people are carrying Javelins, and no point in carrying a Javelin unless people set it up.

TheSeks

LMAO I got kicked for "BC2" whatever the fuck that means. Using the Javelin on the tank in the Golmund Railway map?

Salt, whatever. Avoid the "=2EZ=" clan servers.

esai

I dont know what gods I appeased cause after the punkbuster problem I've only crashed once and that was while waiting for a new round to start. Of course I avoid seige and the dam map on conquest.

TheSeks

i only play on official servers.

Too bad DICE won't ever set those up on PC because they lazy/cheap. :(

I know how it works. Thing is, as soon as you get a lock they'll take it down.

Not really. The SOFLAM locks at a longer range than the guided shell/Javelin can reach it from. Unless they're aiming way up high with a regular tank shell/gunner seat you don't have to worry about it being taken out quickly except by a Javelin infantry on foot.

Of course, they've changed things since BF3 so I dunno if that rule still applies but I haven't ever had it taken out two seconds after I place it and it locks on someone.

Bombless

The javelin is useless. Use the SRAW instead. Can dumbfire, can be guided and can home in on lazed targets.

One fun trick with the Javelin though : lock a vehicle and shoot. Immediately reload, missile will climb in a straight line. Lock on vehicle again once reloaded, shoot. If you are quick enough the 1st missile will reacquire and home in as well.

But the SRAW is much more polyvalent.

TheSeks

I can't adjust to the SRAW. It's too fast and the missile suddenly disappears at a certain range for me. :/

Rudelord

The javelin is useless. Use the SRAW instead. Can dumbfire, can be guided and can home in on lazed targets.

One fun trick with the Javelin though : lock a vehicle and shoot. Immediately reload, missile will climb in a straight line. Lock on vehicle again once reloaded, shoot. If you are quick enough the 1st missile will reacquire and home in as well.

But the SRAW is much more polyvalent.

Javelin and Igla are much better when used with a buddy.

Basically instagibs vehicles if you do that trick with two guys since the damage all comes in at once.

beastworship

Neo Member
how do people play a game like this with a controller, let alone on the xbox 360. i actually really like the 360 and graphics aren't my highest priority but when everything blends together into one big slaw i quickly and cowardly quit. tried a match and realized how poorly adjusted i am, anyone really good at this game on a 360 with controller? how do you manage it, i want to start playing online games more with my live subscription instead of just wasting away in singleplayer.

I picked up my copy for the PS4 today, What is the PSVita Interconnectivity? It isn't RemotePlay, because that is a separate icon. Is this Commander?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom