• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't RemotePlay that is the interconnectivity. They are separate info bubbles on the rear of the case.

pp6obLC.jpg

I have a question about the ps4 version, which someone who has experience with the ps3 version might be able to shed light on. I want to buy US disk version of the game but I want to use my European PSN account to play. Am I screwed if I want to buy DLC? How about premium membership? Could I buy new maps on the US account but play them on the European account?

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
Laptop.

Well...

Does the laptop melt into a pile of goo playing BF3 or something of that sort? If yes, then no.

If no, then I guess it would be fine...?

I hadn't thought of that, this laptop is I think pretty good with temperatures, getting at most 75 C under heavy load, but it'll be wiser to just pick up the pS4 version knowing how much I'm gonna play this, better safe than sorry with a dead laptop I guess.

Thanks for the help

It isn't RemotePlay that is the interconnectivity. They are separate info bubbles on the rear of the case.

Its probably the battlescreen stuff you could also download onto your tablet, basically puts the full map on the vita screen. PC version does this with tablets. Tried it on an ipad mini, it worked well and is a fun little gimmick, but I didnt actually use it at all.

Like clockwork, I am now getting PunkBuster initialization errors and am constantly getting kicked from multiplayer games. Fuck you EA, and fuck you PunkBuster.

EDIT: I really should post a sticky on my monitor that reads "PUNKBUSTER HATES PROCESS EXPLORER SO CLOSE THAT SHIT BEFORE YOU TRY TO PLAY BATTLEFIELD YOU IDIOT." I always always forget this for some reason.

friday

I can't get the game to launch. I join a game and it just says "Joining Server", and goes no further. Also getting some kind of script error when I launch the website. Anyone else seeing these problems?

Sethos

Banned
R8 has been applied to the EU Server;

Dear BF4 Clients,

DICE has just released patch R8 for Battlefield 4 Ranked Servers.
You can install the patch from Game Updates in our Game Panel until further notice.
At 14.00 CET (8am EST) today (November 12, 2013) we will begin batch updating of non-patched servers. This leaves a shorter window for you to deploy the update on your own, being able to announce a restart of your server.

Change Log:
*Fixed a number of dog tags that were showing up as blank in-game.
*Lowered the damage caused by Mobile AA Active Radar missiles to aircraft. The previous damage was incorrectly set too high.
*Added support for live scoreboards on Battlelog. This lets you see the current score and status on a server before joining -- such as the number of targets remaining in Obliteration mode.
*Improved server crash reporting and performance tracking on all platforms. This should further help us identify and fix server crashes going forward.

If any questions, please submit a support ticket!

Best Regards,
Fragnet Networks Operations Team

Seanspeed

Banned
Have you read any news about it? It's been quiet for a couple of days now, makes me worried.
No, but that bug fix update line where it talks about making it easier for them to identify server crash issues is worrying. That might mean a precautionary measure to stop it from happening in the future, but it might also mean they haven't really figured out what's going wrong at the moment.

HariKari

No, but that bug fix update line where it talks about making it easier for them to identify server crash issues is worrying. That might mean a precautionary measure to stop it from happening in the future, but it might also mean they haven't really figured out what's going wrong at the moment.

I get crashes whenever the cloud tries to update my info, or during map changes. It makes me think it's not necessarily something wrong with the game code but rather the back end that it feeds into. I've literally been disconnected mid round with 'something went wrong'. Not a server crash, not a client crash. Just straight up pulled out of the game by Battlelog/DICE for some reason.

They may just ride out the storm until China Rising, which sucks. The whole advantage of the PC is that you can patch it all the time...

Wow, just turned VSYNC off. Moving the mouse around feels so much nicer now! Pity I prefer the way the game looks when VSYNC is turned on.

A lot of games have had this issue for mate lately, VSYNC on almost feels like it gives me a very slight input lag.

I get crashes whenever the cloud tries to update my info, or during map changes. It makes me think it's not necessarily something wrong with the game code but rather the back end that it feeds into. I've literally been disconnected mid round with 'something went wrong'. Not a server crash, not a client crash. Just straight up pulled out of the game by Battlelog/DICE for some reason.

They may just ride out the storm until China Rising, which sucks. The whole advantage of the PC is that you can patch it all the time...
Have you tried turning off Cloud Storage under Origin -> Application Settings -> General? I remember that being mentioned for BF3 back in the day because it was causing issues.

Seanspeed

Banned
Wow, just turned VSYNC off. Moving the mouse around feels so much nicer now! Pity I prefer the way the game looks when VSYNC is turned on.

A lot of games have had this issue for mate lately, VSYNC on almost feels like it gives me a very slight input lag.
That's exactly what vsync does. And why you shouldn't use it for competitive online shooters.

GSYNC should hopefully save the day.

Acinixys

Wow LMGs are actually viable in 4. Just played my first support game with the M249. Camping rush bases like a boss and getting kills all day

Seanspeed

Banned
Oh ok, sorry I am a bit uneducated when it comes to video options. Is there any other method to lock the FPS and reduce tearing?
No need to apologize! lol

Was just trying to let ya know. And no, there's no other option, really. Its a trade-off.

Until Gsync comes out. A locked framerate is only useful because its the only way to eliminate tearing at the moment, but it has downsides and is not ideal. Gsync will allow monitors to have variable refresh rates(instead of the 60hz or 120hz they are locked into now), meaning a game will provide a smooth experience(no stuttering, tearing or input lag) at whatever framerate you are running. So while you wont be locked into a framerate, its no big deal because drops and variations wont make the game run like a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom