• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainless

Ugh. Dawnbreaker last night, I start with a tank and get like 8 kills before dying. Spawn in on A- on the other side of the map- closest to the enemy base, sit between buildings and get two destroys/kills with the Stinger missiles on helos. I'm sitting at like 14-1, top of the scoreboard. I start running for D which is under attack. I look down at the minimap, and there's an orange triangle chasing right behind me. (Obviously somebody wants a knife kill instead of an easy kill where they can just shoot me in the back.) I turn and headshot the guy, game crashes. RAAAAGE

Thrillers

Banned
The most amazing (and perhaps overlooked) aspect of this multiplayer is that if you take any singular aspect of the multi it looks as though it could be a game in it's own right Jet/Chopper/Tank/ATV etc If you showed someone unfamiliar with the game they could easily be convinced.

So despite all the server faults and crashes I think we should be thankful that Dice actually made a next gen game. Frostbite 3 by far the best engine we've seen in an fps. Still looks gorgeous to me.

With the bipod deployed, the thing is a monster, I'm picking off snipers with the stupid thing just with the sheet amount of rounds it pumps out and with such accuracy.

To be fair any LMG is a monster to some degree with the bipod deployed.

It's more about finding a good spot where you're a hard target but have a clear range of view at the enemy. The Pecheneg and M240B are the hardest hitters, while the QBU and RPK are the most controllable.

I wanted the M249 but got bored halfway through the campaign. When I went to finish it off it looked like my progress had been lost since it was asking me for a difficulty level.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LMG's were also viable in BF3. Dunno what version of BF3 ya'll played, but hip-fire and ADS it. Throw a bipod on and go to town.

With the suppression buff it got even more bananas. Slap the squad suppression perk on it, rake in points.

Speaking of which: WHY THE HELL ISN'T THE BIPOD DEFAULT ON for the LMGs!? WHY!? Having to remember to slap it on is annoying as hell and the deployment is buggy as hell right now. Prone on a rock on even ground and it won't deploy. Have to fuck about to get it to deploy. :/

Bombless

It's a chainsaw up close and mid range.. haven't had a lot of experience with it at long range though.

I haven't unlocked many accessories for the QBB 95-1 but the initial impression was that it was very stable over long ranges (but low ammo mag + rate of fire). The weapon felt great.

Currently trying to soldier through the RPK-12 accessories. Seems good, but I still can't "feel" the weapon. I like the quick reload though.

The M249 remains the best though, it's still my most kills weapon even though I haven't used it in days. Weird to have it as a single player unlock.

Speaking of which: WHY THE HELL ISN'T THE BIPOD DEFAULT ON for the LMGs!? WHY!? Having to remember to slap it on is annoying as hell and the deployment is buggy as hell right now. Prone on a rock on even ground and it won't deploy. Have to fuck about to get it to deploy. :/

Umm..all LMGs come with the bipod attachement by default. If what you mean is why it isn't a permanent accessory, I kind of agree.

Guys, guys. There is one major issue that annoys me. It annoys me to no end and it has been there since BF3. Actually, there are two.

Firstly, when you get killed. I understand that the game has to show you who killed you but jesus fucking christ. I feel so fucking useless during those 5 seconds. You can't do anything. You can't skip it, you can't mess around in your loadoat. You can't do jack shit.

Why? Why, DICE? WHY?

Secondly, when the game is over. You see the scoreboard, your unlocks, etc. That's great, DICE, but ... why can't I fix my loadout for the next game? Why the hell do I have to alt-tab to go to my battlelog so I can actually do something useful during these fifty seconds? Do I have to start solving math problems involving everyone's score or something?

What do you want me to do in those fifty seconds, DICE? I know, alt-tab. Right.

Why? Why, DICE? WHY?

satori

Hey guys sorry if this question have been asked or if I am even posting in the right place but I do have a question. I am sitting outside my target right now and about to pick up a few games. BF4 for the ps4 potentially being one of them.

Have there been any word on the ps4 version being shotty as well? Dont plan on buying a buggy game on console, on the PC is a bit more forgiving for me due to the ease of fixes and patches. I normally would do my research but I am just a little press for time atm. Have to head straight to work after picking up these games.

Thanks again for the help.

Guys, guys. There is one major issue that annoys me. It annoys me to no end and it has been there since BF3. Actually, there are two.

Firstly, when you get killed. I understand that the game has to show you who killed you but jesus fucking christ. I feel so fucking useless during those 5 seconds. You can't do anything. You can't skip it, you can't mess around in your loadoat. You can't do jack shit.

Except the game doesn't have to show you who killed you. The killcam was copied from Call of Duty when the BF series hit consoles. Older Battlefield games didn't bother, making a good defensive camping spot that much deadlier. You got your standard killfeed message, and that's it. I believe you can turn it off in server options as well, but I've never seen an admin do it on a non hardcore server.

LMG's were also viable in BF3. Dunno what version of BF3 ya'll played, but hip-fire and ADS it. Throw a bipod on and go to town.

With the suppression buff it got even more bananas. Slap the squad suppression perk on it, rake in points.

Relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxsbTjPe2fs

Grief.exe

And yet somehow the black screen wasn't in the beta.

I thought it was the same way last night but couldn't quite remember. Now I have someone else to corroborate.

Why? Why, DICE? WHY?

Secondly, when the game is over. You see the scoreboard, your unlocks, etc. That's great, DICE, but ... why can't I fix my loadout for the next game? Why the hell do I have to alt-tab to go to my battlelog so I can actually do something useful during these fifty seconds? Do I have to start solving math problems involving everyone's score or something?

Why? Why, DICE? WHY?

They did say they would have something in those screens for loadout during a development video. Lo and behold there was nothing on release.

I do like that they added chat on the scoreboard screen.

Hey guys sorry if this question have been asked or if I am even posting in the right place but I do have a question. I am sitting outside my target right now and about to pick up a few games. BF4 for the ps4 potentially being one of them.

Have there been any word on the ps4 version being shotty as well? Dont plan on buying a buggy game on console, on the PC is a bit more forgiving for me due to the ease of fixes and patches. I normally would do my research but I am just a little press for time atm. Have to head straight to work after picking up these games.

I haven't heard anything. Its likely just as buggy as all if the other versions. They all have issues right now.

Patches for the PC version are tied to the console certification process. Patches take months and there is no advantage there.

Overdoziz

Banned

Why? Why, DICE? WHY?
And yet somehow this wasn't in the beta.

They doing maintenance or something? Every server has 0 players.

You might need to filter the search to a set number of players

No official word on it. They might have been able to work a few fixes in but I doubt it's any different. I am still enjoying it on PS3 despite the problems. But beware that they exist. If you are easily frustrated with bugs, you might want to avoid this. They are rampant and will test your ability to ignore things

n0n44m

the PKP Pecheneg was a beast in BF3, and I'm happy it still is in BF4 ! just unlocked it last night

M249 is a good alrounder with 200 sized mags. LSAT is a bit more comfortable at closer ranges on the move, as the burst spread is tighter. However with both I felt they weren't powerful enough; I needed too many bullets to drop someone so I often resorted to blind spraying after the first burst was unsuccessful.

The PKP is more powerful, requiring less bullets to drop people at all ranges. The burst pattern is pretty nice for me, I seem to be getting more headshots compared to the other two guns. If the first burst doesn't finish them, a single additional shot will in 90% of the situations. It does have a lower rate of fire and a 100 size mag, but this is finally an LMG I'm comfortable to walk around with.

zma1013

Well guys, I officially suck at Battlefield 4 and I don't know why. I can't seem to understand how the guns shoot. They feel completely different from Battlefield 3, which I was awesome at. I'm somehow being sniped across the map by carbines and I cannot return the favor with the same carbines. I think I'll just sit behind the lines and repair vehicles and toss ammo and health packs.

They doing maintenance or something? Every server has 0 players.

UPDATE #8 (Nov 12):
Client patch (PC)
The PC client patch for Battlefield 4 will go live in the near future and fixes a number of different issues you have helped us to identify, including a number of the most common crashes and freezes. We will get back to you with a full fix list and a specific date for this update soon.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/

vixlar

Now that they gonna put Capture the Flag in future expansions, I really wish that they put new game modes on old maps. It was really sad to play CTF in only 4 maps on BF3.

And if they plan to put back Tank Superiority, it must be some kind of King of the Hill. It could be fun to capture a zone, then the new zone is in the other side of the map and all tanks race to that point.

the PKP Pecheneg was a beast in BF3, and I'm happy it still is in BF4 ! just unlocked it last night

That's nice to hear. Haven't unlocked the PKP yet in BF4, but it was hands down my favorite LMG in BF3. The sound and feel of it was fantastic, and the extra damage was icing.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Why? Why, DICE? WHY?

Why? Why, DICE? WHY?

Same. Was my pet peeve in BF3. What's more annoying is on console, you can't change the loadout unless YOU'RE IN AN ACTUAL MATCH! Read that again and see how ridiculous that is.

At first, I thought it was a mistake since I could change loadouts in BF3's "My Player" thing. But nope. Either I have to change it on my phone (and it lacks one accessory (grips, etc. can't be edited unless in-game), or hop into an actual match, wait a few seconds to fiddle before spawning.

Another thing I don't like is spawning. For some reason, it's odd in BF4. I can't even count how many times I've spawned in and was in the middle of a firefight and died almost immediately.

On PS3, server browser is borked. I mean, it literally does not work and always shows 0 players in matches. I tried checking off other regions, different modes, etc. but no dice (heehee).

Aside from the bugs though, the game is fun and is an improvement of BF3 in almost every way. Destruction is way better and even seems like it's approaching BC2 levels at times.

Timu

UPDATE #8 (Nov 12):
Client patch (PC)
The PC client patch for Battlefield 4 will go live in the near future and fixes a number of different issues you have helped us to identify, including a number of the most common crashes and freezes. We will get back to you with a full fix list and a specific date for this update soon.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/
Hope this helps.

Shouldn't the thread title be changed to Prepare for Crashes?
Yep, spot on, lol.

Overdoziz

Banned
Battlefield 3's UI was outsourced to a company called River which is probably why it's missing a lot of stuff that anyone who plays the game for a couple of hours could pick up on. I don't think they designed the UI of Battlefield 4 (their website doesn't mention it), but they've mostly kept BF3's design and the things that they did change have somehow been made worse like the deployment screen.

Same. Was my pet peeve in BF3. What's more annoying is on console, you can't change the loadout unless YOU'RE IN AN ACTUAL MATCH! Read that again and see how ridiculous that is.

At first, I thought it was a mistake since I could change loadouts in BF3's "My Player" thing. But nope. Either I have to change it on my phone (and it lacks one accessory (grips, etc. can't be edited unless in-game), or hop into an actual match, wait a few seconds to fiddle before spawning.

Another thing I don't like is spawning. For some reason, it's odd in BF4. I can't even count how many times I've spawned in and was in the middle of a firefight and died almost immediately.

On PS3, server browser is borked. I mean, it literally does not work and always shows 0 players in matches. I tried checking off other regions, different modes, etc. but no dice (heehee).

Aside from the bugs though, the game is fun and is an improvement of BF3 in almost every way. Destruction is way better and even seems like it's approaching BC2 levels at times.

The loadout problem seems like it'd be so simple to fix. I hate having to start a match late because I'm sitting there fiddling around with my loadout.

The spawning hasn't been too bad for me. I don't know if it's the case for you but I think a lot of people I play with don't realize that you have the option to spawn randomly instead of with your squad. You can choose which squad member you are spawning on and the little picture box says warning if they are in a dangerous situation. If you click R3 then it'll take you out of squad spawn and let you do a random spawn instead.

EVIL

To be fair any LMG is a monster to some degree with the bipod deployed.

It's more about finding a good spot where you're a hard target but have a clear range of view at the enemy. The Pecheneg and M240B are the hardest hitters, while the QBU and RPK are the most controllable.

I wanted the M249 but got bored halfway through the campaign. When I went to finish it off it looked like my progress had been lost since it was asking me for a difficulty level.

the MG4 looks to be very similar in performance to the M249 to the extent that its almost a reskin. http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?M249_vs_MG4

where with the M249 you need a compensator to control the serious side to side recoil, with the MG4 you need to use a muzzle break to stop the larger vertical recoil.

edit: here is a good setup for both weapons in terms of attachments.

http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?M249... grip&a21=Muzzle brake&a22=Potato/Stubby grip

zma1013

In BF3 on consoles there wasn't a quit button for 6 months. You could not quit a multiplayer match in-between rounds during the scorescreen. The only option was to quit during the game.

Seanspeed

Banned
Same with PC version, unless you Alt+Tab out of the game and change it on Battlelog. But yea, still ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom