• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why? Too much PC talk?

Pretty much the reason they've given. Dream and Faceless are on the "wait and see," side. But none of the console regulars besides like Overdoziz posts in here so it's... pointless trying to convince them to post in here.

I don't see why you would want to split the community like that. We are mainly discussing things relevant to the game as the whole.

Pretty gifs of the PC version don't detract from that.

They did the same thing for BF3 (like linked) so I dunno. Some of them are just cagey about people posting PC-specific issues and can't seem to just scroll past that and get to conversations.

Grief.exe

That is seriously strange. You should not split the community because a couple people have a strange outlook.

Once the patches settle down, the discussion will shift entirely over to gameplay specific discussions. To be honest it seems the majority of discussion right now is either gameplay or the state of the game, which is relevant to all platforms currently.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Then again this is the same place that ended up with OTs for Virtual Console re-releases on WiiU. :|

Seanspeed

Banned
That is seriously strange. You should not split the community because a couple people have a strange outlook.

Once the patches settle down, the discussion will shift entirely over to gameplay specific discussions. To be honest it seems the majority of discussion right now is either gameplay or the state of the game, which is relevant to all platforms currently.
With a PC performance thread, I think it takes most of the PC-specific talk out of here.

Otherwise, I kind of understand. When I was a console-only gamer, I found it pretty tedious to scroll through tons of people talking about specs and drivers and settings and framerates and whatnot.

Grief.exe

With a PC performance thread, I think it takes most of the PC-specific talk out of here.

Otherwise, I kind of understand. When I was a console-only gamer, I found it pretty tedious to scroll through tons of people talking about specs and drivers and settings and framerates and whatnot.

"Man this game looks so awesome at 1440p, High settings, and 60 FPS"

iIltVzfmezPNI.jpg

I'm gonna go make a new thread!

You are right though, this comparison doesn't really exist since we have the PC performance thread. Just doesn't make any sense, the majority of talk has been gameplay related.

Grief.exe

I wonder if the console versions will have the same server issues as PC.

The current-gen versions have the same crashing, bugs, and net-code issues as the PC version, wouldn't be that large of a stretch to assume the same ones exist on the next-gen platforms as well.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
probably old but whatever.

Battlefield 4 server update hitting tomorrow, introducing “live” scoreboards on PC

UPDATE #8 (Nov 12):

Client patch (PC)
The PC client patch for Battlefield 4 will go live in the near future and fixes a number of different issues you have helped us to identify, including a number of the most common crashes and freezes. We will get back to you with a full fix list and a specific date for this update soon.

Maintenance downtime (All platforms)
Nov 13, we have a planned maintenance starting at 9AM UTC/1AM PST. The maintenance will last for 2-3 hours and multiplayer for Battlefield 4 will be unavailable on all platforms in increments during this window. This maintenance is done in preparation for the upcoming client patches.

Console Server Update (PS3/X360)
During the Nov 13 maintenance window mentioned above, we will roll out the latest server update for X360 and PS3. This server update will include the following fixes:
• Temporarily disabled the ”Indirect Fire” and ”Perimeter Defense” Field Upgrades on PS3 as they caused the game to crash when spawning. This is a temporary workaround while we work to solve the issue altogether.
• Fixed a number of dog tags that were showing up as blank in-game.
• Lowered the damage caused by Mobile AA Active Radar missiles to aircraft. The previous damage was incorrectly set too high.
• Improved server crash reporting and performance tracking on all platforms. This should further help us identify and fix server crashes going forward.

Upcoming console client patches (PS3/X360)
We are testing and finalizing upcoming client patches for PS3 and X360. We will be able to give you an ETA on these at a later date. You can always find the latest info in this thread.

Upcoming Live Scoreboard (PC)
We will introduce Live Scoreboards in the PC server browser on Battlelog in the upcoming days. It will let you see the current status in the ongoing round on a server before you join, such as the number of remaining targets in a round of Obliteration. We will be able to give you specific date on this feature soon.

Who cares about those dirtpoors, they're conspiring to make their own dirtpoor thread instead of posting in here.

Pretty much the reason they've given. Dream and Faceless are on the "wait and see," side. But none of the console regulars besides like Overdoziz posts in here so it's... pointless trying to convince them to post in here.

They did the same thing for BF3 (like linked) so I dunno. Some of them are just cagey about people posting PC-specific issues and can't seem to just scroll past that and get to conversations.

The PC only players actually wanted the consoles players out during BF3 due to the fact that it was confusing listening to 24 player peasants discussing gameplay/strategies (which was why everything in that thread was so last minute.)

Anyway, yeah I'm on the "wait and see" side. I prefer the mega thread style that we had during BC2.

However, I'm not going to let supper do it if they do force out a console community thread (I don't want to see the thread made in an antagonizing manner.)
I was annoyed that someone went and did one for the console beta too.

Also Seks, it doesn't help if you're going to constantly fling "*smug* smug*" "you peasants", "dirtpoors" posts in the BF3 console community thread. You're only adding this negative image of "pc elitist snob".

Seanspeed

Banned
"Man this game looks so awesome at 1440p, High settings, and 60 FPS"
Except it wasn't like that at all. It was more like:

"So what specs are you guys using? I have a
xxxx
xxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxxxxx

and am getting xxxxx fps. These are my settings:

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxx

What sort of setting should I change?"

Shit like that. It wasn't fun to scroll through when I just wanted to read about the game.

Grief.exe

Found this great looking emblem on reddit.

kxyOrxZ.jpg

I won't use it because I don't care for Mario all that much, but thought some people would like that one.

is there a double xp event going on ? Im getting xp bonuses every round

Do you have a boost equipped? Press escape in game and they are in the bottom right corner.

xxxx
xxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxx

Shit like that. It wasn't fun to scroll through when I just wanted to read about the game.

Good thing we have a PC performance thread now. I see why that is necessary.

Ferrio

Banned
So just visiting this thread for the first time because I was thinking of picking it up for the PC. I'm guessing I should wait? What type of PC systems are these crashes hitting?

Overdoziz

Banned

xxxx
xxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxx

The beta thread was filled with this kind of crap. This thread hasn't been too bad though.

So just visiting this thread for the first time because I was thinking of picking it up for the PC. I'm guessing I should wait? What type of PC systems are these crashes hitting?

Yes, and they seem to be universal cross different vendors/configurations as far as I am aware.

The creation of the PC performance thread was in part due to our discussion in the console community thread.

Unfortunately, most of the consoles-only people aren't buying it.

I was surprised at the lack of other console peeps in here. I'm sure once the PS4 and xbone come out it'll pick up

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
is there a double xp event going on ? Im getting xp bonuses every round

No, you have the 2XP boost from a Battlepack on. There isn't a 2XP until 23rd-24th or 30th-1st. For premium members only though, obviously. Dirtpoor non-regulars get NOTHING. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY, SIRS.

Dreamgazer said:
Unfortunately, most of the consoles-only people aren't buying it.

Like Faceless has told ya'll, you should just wade in and post anyway. No1currs what ya'll are talking about since megathreads will generally have the same people posting to each other anyway. Making a separate thread is pointless. But if ya'll want to e-wank in private, go for it I guess.

I mean how many people are going to be sticking to the PS3/360 version in the next few weeks anyway? The PS4/720 are going to be matching, so the "strategy" talk isn't even applicable. And even then that's a stupid argument since PC can limit their player slots to the current/next-gen consoles anyway (just like PS4/720 can as well) so talking strategy at the player amount is gonna be possible no matter the platform.

It was stupid in the BF3 era and it's stupid now. Like I said before: This thread is gonna die when most of the flavor of the week shooter people on PC/console move to another shooter leaving you guys and me (and Splinter, I guess) talking about the game. You might as well stick it out.

abracadaver

No, you have the 2XP boost from a Battlepack on. There isn't a 2XP until 23rd-24th or 30th-1st. For premium members only though, obviously. Dirtpoor non-regulars get NOTHING. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY, SIRS.

I have premium. I am getting bonus XP every round and I dont have any boost activated. Even when exiting the game and joining another server I still get bonus XP.

HelloMeow

At first I had a premium edition pre ordered, but I cancelled it and got the normal version somewhere else.

With the state the game is in now, I am not going to get Premium and no double xp bullshit is going to convince me to get it.
I'm kind of glad I only spend 40€ on it so far.

I have premium. I am getting bonus XP every round and I dont have any boost activated. Even when exiting the game and joining another server I still get bonus XP.

If you don't have a booster and are getting double XP maybe you got a lucky bug of some kind. I remember somebody said the game wasn't recording their deaths and they went 11-0 or something along those lines.

And yeah, no need for multiple threads. I'm just playing on console and didn't really mind the PC talk. It's still mainly talk about what guns and attachments yall like and the non console stuff can be easily glossed over

I can also confirm getting double exp without a boost active every round this morning. (PC, Premium if that matters)

No idea what would happen if I activate a 50% boost on top. Not sure I want to try, just in case it disables whatever this mystery double exp is from.

Now that they gonna put Capture the Flag in future expansions, I really wish that they put new game modes on old maps. It was really sad to play CTF in only 4 maps on BF3.

And if they plan to put back Tank Superiority, it must be some kind of King of the Hill. It could be fun to capture a zone, then the new zone is in the other side of the map and all tanks race to that point.

RIP Tank Superiority mode, all hail Tank King mode!

Like Faceless has told ya'll, you should just wade in and post anyway. No1currs what ya'll are talking about since megathreads will generally have the same people posting to each other anyway. Making a separate thread is pointless. But if ya'll want to e-wank in private, go for it I guess.

I mean how many people are going to be sticking to the PS3/360 version in the next few weeks anyway? The PS4/720 are going to be matching, so the "strategy" talk isn't even applicable. And even then that's a stupid argument since PC can limit their player slots to the current/next-gen consoles anyway (just like PS4/720 can as well) so talking strategy at the player amount is gonna be possible no matter the platform.

It was stupid in the BF3 era and it's stupid now. Like I said before: This thread is gonna die when most of the flavor of the week shooter people on PC/console move to another shooter leaving you guys and me (and Splinter, I guess) talking about the game. You might as well stick it out.

1) I already said the strategy talk were arguments from the PC side that was thrown at console players during BF3 ( along with "I bet the PC community will have much longer legs than consoles, so we don't need you".)

You don't need to tell me that it was stupid.
I actively argued against the split thread until it was inevitable that someone was going to make it anyway.

2) That being said, I am not going do abandon evolved, Olimpia, or the rest of the core console group if they do decide to split up. The console thread still houses some of the most dedicated BF players in GAF since BC1 and. The fact that you still constantly post in the thread despite of your transition into becoming a complete PC snob should be a good indicator of how great that community is.

If they are all going to make a separate thread, I might as well take the hit again and be the one do to it. At least I'll pay attention to both.

If you really want to help, I feel that you, faceless and I should just actively state that we're boycotting the console thread or something.

OT:
For those who don't understand: The appeal of the megathread is that it keep both PC/Console communities alive for a longer time. BC2 was dominated by playstation players at the late stage, which kept the dwindling OT active. After the split during BF3, both thread declined much faster(with the console thread having longer legs.)

i'm not on the 'wait and see' side, i'm on the 'stop being such fucking babies and post in the damn |OT|' side.

and if there's a 'separate but equal' thread, i'm not supporting it by posting in it.

1) I already said the strategy talk were arguments from the PC side that was thrown at console players during BF3 ( along with "I bet the PC community will have much longer legs than consoles, so we don't need you".)

You don't need to tell me that it was stupid.
I actively argued against the split thread until it was inevitable that someone was going to make it anyway.

2) That being said, I am not going do abandon evolved, Olimpia, or the rest of the core console group if they do decide to split up. The console thread still houses some of the most dedicated BF players in GAF since BC1 and. The fact that you still constantly post in the thread despite of your transition into becoming a complete PC snob should be a good indicator of how great that community is.

If they are all going to make a separate thread, I might as well take the hit again and be the one do to it. At least I'll pay attention to both.

If you really want to help, I feel that you, faceless and I should just actively state that we're boycotting the console thread or something.

OT:
For those who don't understand: The appeal of the megathread is that it keep both PC/Console communities alive for a longer time. BC2 was dominated by playstation players at the late stage, which kept the dwindling OT active. After the split during BF3, both thread declined much faster(with the console thread having longer legs.)

they can talk to me in-game or pop into the BF OT and see me.

i'm not on the 'wait and see' side, i'm on the 'stop being such fucking babies and post in the damn |OT|' side.

and if there's a 'separate but equal' thread, i'm not supporting it by posting in it.

they can talk to me in-game or pop into the BF OT and see me.

Alright, I'll change to "boycott" stance also then.

Nameless

After all these years there are few moments in gaming more joyous than catching snipers with their pants down and no distance to protect them. You can almost smell the digital piss trickling down their leg. DICE should make it so Bullet Time automatically kicks in during these situation, allowing players to savor each precious second of these encounters in slow motion.

I was surprised at the lack of other console peeps in here. I'm sure once the PS4 and xbone come out it'll pick up

I'm playing on the PS3 at the moment and will be upgrading to the PS4 version.

I have a gaming PC, but my friends play on console and that is why I also do, so I could care less about separate threads or whatever. I'm perfectly comfortable posting in here.

Spl1nter

Too much drama. Lets talk about the game. What is everyone's favourtie carbine?

I have everything unlocked except the type 95b which is garbage stats wise. For me the aku-12 hands down is the best. At 1000rpm in burst mode, the low recoil makes it one of the best guns in the game. Great at all ranges. Got a heavy barrel on it to make it even more accurate.

Heysoos

Too much drama. Lets talk about the game. What is everyone's favourtie carbine?

I have everything unlocked except the type 95b which is garbage stats wise. For me the aku-12 hands down is the best. At 1000rpm in burst mode, the low recoil makes it one of the best guns in the game. Great at all ranges. Got a heavy barrel on it to make it even more accurate.

Still using the ACR. Though to be fair, I haven't really tried the others all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom