• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadayi

Banned
i hate playing on a team who wont fucking spot players. fuck!

Indeed, it's pretty irksome. Especially when you're dealing with Tanks etc and having that heads up on incoming can be extremely beneficial. Ironically the more Recon on your team the less spotting goes on I find, because by on large they're more interested in personal gain than advantaging the team. I've swapped teams just to mortar lazy assed Recon into fish paste before. Fuckers need to understand what their actual role is.

geting this game for ps4, played over 300 hours on battlefield 3 on 360 and my gun of choice was the f2000....bf4 hardcore players what is the closest gun to the f2000 in bf4?

I wasn't expecting the best going into this but the game is borderline unplayable, I don't know how I can put a clip into someone and shoot first and have them kill me in 5 bullets. With 30ms ping no less.

esai

Indeed, it's pretty irksome. Especially when you're dealing with Tanks etc and having that heads up on incoming can be extremely beneficial. Ironically the more Recon on your team the less spotting goes on I find, because by on large they're more interested in personal gain than advantaging the team. I've swapped teams just to mortar lazy assed Recon into fish paste before. Fuckers need to understand what their actual role is.

i wish sniper rifles were locked away behind getting spotting ribbons as recon.

edit: and the game seems to be down. might as well, the last game i was on consisted or recon on my team and mortar spam from the other team. sigh.

1Dk9pmt.jpg

Mid game, and I was playing so well, ffs.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like the patch completely fixed my campaign progress, all missions noted as completed on Battlelog. Hopefully that means the weapon unlocks are in the multi for me now when it goes back up.

I'm looking at the AEK's stats and they look the same as every other AR in the game. Why is it so popular? I'm rolling with the SCAR-H for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

HariKari

What makes it the best?

Also, how's the burst pistol?

http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?P226_vs_M9

The math says pick the gun you play the best with. There aren't many guns that are just flat out garbage this time around. I will say the REX and Magnum have an ungodly delay when firing that makes them terrible, especially with the netcode the way it is. Worse yet, they aren't even all that accurate ADS.

For the most part, I find how fast a pistol reloads totally irrelevant unless it's a revolver. It's an 'oh shit' moment gun, not a primary.

Symthic either has the wrong data, the comparison tool is broken, or the FN57 is a straight upgrade on the QSZ

I'm looking at the AEK's stats and they look the same as every other AR in the game. Why is it so popular? I'm rolling with the SCAR-H for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

Rate of fire. Only thing that tops an AEK is a Famas, but the Famas has a nearly unusable reload time, so the AEK is king of CQC.

We are happy to report that the PC Battlefield 4 game update will go live tomorrow, November 14. The main focus of this update is threefold:

1) Reduce the number of crashes
We believe this update will solve a large portion of the most commonly occuring game crashes, and the improvement in overall stability should make a big difference for many players.

2) Eliminate a network sync bug
If you’ve been experiencing situations in multiplayer where it appears that you are taking damage from enemies through walls, you might have been the victim of a network sync bug. In this game update, we have identified and eliminated one such bug that caused this type of gameplay experience. We are continuing to work on more multiplayer optimizations concerning network performance.

3) Improve Network Smoothing
We have made some improvements to the ”Network Smoothing” functionality that you can find in the OPTIONS>GAMEPLAY menu. The Network Smoothing slider governs a group of settings that aim to produce a tighter multiplayer experience based on your specific packet loss situation.

If you’ve been experimenting with the Network Smoothing slider earlier, it might now yield better results. If you haven’t tried it before, please explore this setting and set it to the lowest value you can without experiencing graphical glitches in the game. By setting it lower, you can get a tighter multiplayer experience, depending on your specific network situation.

More details upcoming
Besides the above mentioned focus areas, this PC game update contains a number of other fixes and tweaks that we will detail once it’s live.

This game update for PC goes live around 10AM UTC/2AM PST November 14. Your Origin Client should acknowledge and automatically download this update for you, as usual. Otherwise, you can right click your game in the client and select ”Check for Update”. There will be a Battlelog maintenance downtime for about an hour as this update goes live. During this time multiplayer on PC will be unavailable.

We will release full patch notes for this game update later, but the three items mentioned above are by far the most important changes in this update. We understand that stability has been rocky for some players, and hope that this update will make the game run smoother and more stable for you. Let us know in the comments below.
If the patch did anything, it didn't really fix what people wanted, ie netcode, crashes, performance.

O rly?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Well I had a warning from a server around an hour ago about being disconnected due to updates so maybe there's something server side too which all servers need to update ?

DarkFlow

Banned
I can honestly say this patch made things worse for me. I've yet to last more then 2 mins on a server so far. Before I could go a few rounds sometimes before I would crash out.

HariKari

Nice info Hari

Do U like the burst fire pistol?

It did well in a pistols only server. Felt better than the G18, which is a hot mess except for shooting at 1 target no more than 5m from you. Looking at the data, a compensated 93R could be really fun. I'll have to try that.

THEaaron

That plugin stopped working for me, too. Switched to Internet Explorer and was surprised how smooth it scrolls through the Server Browser. Damn.

But I want it to work again with Chrome. Maybe another Plugin causes that behaviour?

DarkFlow

Banned
Guess what's missing. Correct, sound on Lancang Dam.

So wtf did this 1 gig patch do? I feel like I just download 1 gig of junk.

Edit: I can't even enter test range now, I keep getting "Error, Could not communicate with BF4. Please use the Task Manager to close it down." It's not in my Task Manager...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom