• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a crash on Lancang Dam. GPU usage began to fluctuate, framerate turned into a slideshow, and it eventually locked up. On the bright side I got the through a whole round of Siege of Shanghai without a crash.

Sad face.

Tekku

Guess what's missing. Correct, sound on Lancang Dam.

vader.jpg

HariKari

They are not locked for future DLC's? What are the requirements for unlocking them?

They are there, just locked behind assignments. The assignments themselves aren't on Battlelog. If they are, they are hidden. The SUAV is like a MAV that flies itself for a limited duration and marks targets for you. The UCAV is a tube launched MAV that can dive down on a target, becoming a missile. That's if these work like they did in Warfighter. If you thought mortars were lame, wait until you see the UCAV.

I guess we know now why the first DLC was called Drone Strike.

Facism

fucking disgusting. Getting 1 hit killed frequently, needing to land 12 (!!!!!!!) SKS hits to kill a fucking prone recon that's taking most shots to his head. Rubberbanding out of the arse when trying to sprint.

oh well at least squad leader has his own icon on the map now!

GREAT PATCH THANKS DICE.

Tekku

They are there, just locked behind assignments. The assignments themselves aren't on Battlelog. If they are, they are hidden. The SUAV is like a MAV that flies itself for a limited duration and marks targets for you. The UCAV is a tube launched MAV that can dive down on a target, becoming a missile. That's if these work like they did in Warfighter. If you thought mortars were lame, wait until you see the UCAV.

Ohh, that sounds cool. :)

Well they will probably be unlocked with China Rising. Perhaps it's a bug that we see them this early?

Bor

Neo Member

do you know if these gadgets are for the recon class or can they be obtained with every class?

HariKari

Ohh, that sounds cool. :)

Well they will probably be unlocked with China Rising. Perhaps it's a bug that we see them this early?

Well the guns were in earlier builds/footage of the game. I believe the RPK74 was even in some of the XB1 Showdown footage. So it might be some early content or a "we're sorry" type of thing. Maybe they did some content for drone strike and then abandoned it?

I need that MTAR. Amazing gun.

do you know if these gadgets are for the recon class or can they be obtained with every class?

UCAV (explosive drone) = Support player
SUAV (recon drone) = Recon player. Pointman had this unlock in Warfighter.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Were you in a pistol only server there HariKari ? I was in the same squad as someone with that name but not sure if it was you or not :)

HariKari

Were you in a pistol only server there HariKari ? I was in the same squad as someone with that name but not sure if it was you or not :)

I've played in one before to grind out unlocks/pistol points. It was a domination server so it was kind of a mess.

Is there a consensus on what's the best LMG for support?

I'll say the MG4. Maybe the PKP if you are more of a stationary point defense guy. LSAT shoots laser beams across the map but has a relatively low ROF and only 100 round box.

Woo-Fu

Banned

LSAT, M249/M4. M249/M4 are the same gun with slightly different recoil patterns.

Go with the LSAT if you have trouble controlling the other two. PKP can be fun too. Type 88 not too bad either. Really none of them seem to be horrible although the first is crap without mods and can't be played as an LMG anyhow.

I played 2 rounds after patch. No crash for me when the tower fell on Shanghai but I did see each team drop roughly 5 players on a 64-man server.

HariKari

The M249 was praised highly by some youtubers. Can't comment on any of the LMG's yet tho, I haven't even touched the support class. Saving the best for last. :)

The 249 and the MG4 are brothers. They have identical stats except for recoil. The MG4 recoils more vertically (good) while the 249 recoils more side to side (bad). You can tame this by putting a compensator on the 249, which turns it into a point and click pain train. The sound the MG4 makes though... I mean really DICE... you outdid yourselves. First gun I got mastery tags with.

I don't understand why the first LMG doesn't have a drum mag. It's perfectly capable of fitting one and actually having more than 45 rounds might make it an acceptable choice instead of just the "gateway gun" you have to use before you get the good ones.

Sethos

Banned

There's no "best", like with most weapons. It's very situational and playstyle orientated.

The M249 is a decent weapon because it allows you to lay down a massive amount of bullets with the 200 bullet magazine size. Also has a high ROF but a lower damage plus a bit of sideways recoil I believe it was.

LSAT has fewer bullets but is almost like a laser, very accurate and is a nice compromise between them all.

I prefer the U-100 MK5. It's amazingly accurate, can hipfire and it's like the support class' assault rifle. At the expense you 'only' get a 46 mag which is plenty for me. With a decent scope or just the magnifier, it even becomes a decent ranged weapon with tap fire. ( Tap fire is where the accuracy comes from ). Amazing weapon that servers a lot of situations.

Almost have the RPK-12 unlocked which should be the U-100 MK5 +1

derExperte

Definitely the high ROF ones, M249 and MG4. With the other LMGs I was constantly being outgunned, even if I started firing first. But with the MG4 I cut down everyone in my way.

That's my main problem with the LSAT/U100. Even if I know the other guy is coming and he's looking somewhere else I often die. I know LMGs aren't for close quarter combat and I'm not the fastest in general but it sometimes seems ridiculous how many hits people can take. Will try the M249 until I've unlocked the MG4, thx for all the answers.

Bor

Neo Member
anyone know an all unlocks unranked server? Apparently you can already try out the new weapons and gadgets on them

Something I've been wondering.

One of the things I liked about Premium was the DLC weapons. It felt nice getting to know new weapons after trying the vanilla ones. But besides the S-Tac and Crossbow, only Close Quarters and B2K came with DLC weapons. Could this be down to limited disk space on the 360 version of the game?

I'd rather not have the potential of Premium restrained by 2005 technology.

HariKari

I don't understand why the first LMG doesn't have a drum mag. It's perfectly capable of fitting one and actually having more than 45 rounds might make it an acceptable choice instead of just the "gateway gun" you have to use before you get the good ones.

The U100 has a fast reload and AR level accuracy. That's where it fits in. If you gave it a drum, you'd have to nerf it somehow. The real balance problem is RPK vs U100... doesn't do so well there.

aranth

MG4 or M249, rounds per minute is what's most noticeable. The MG4 is a bit better with less horizontal spread, but the M249 is a good weapon and so much better than the shitty U-100 MK5 with its pitiful 590 rpm.

Ps. 3 crashes in 40 minutes post patch, bravo DICE.

not sure, but the LSAT and m249 are fine weapons. It's a shame you have to suffer through the singleplayer for 1 and suffer through the u-100 and type-88 for the other.

I'm convinced that Stability is king in this game, so the LSAT, QBB, and the RPK are my favorites. The RPK was one of the best guns in BF3, so I'm a little partial to that one. But after firing many, many bullets in the test range, I'd probably argue that the QBB is the most accurate, and with a generous 80-round clip. I'm just not a fan of the upper sight mount.

I typically use these for run-and-gun.

If you want a good, typical LMG for prone and defense, the MG4 is awesome.

Kabuto

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta

hahahaha love it.

Well good news for me was my fps went from 60fps pre-patch to 90-100fps post-patch. I didn't get any audio loops or freezes so far. I did get the "something went wrong" error though :/

So all my progress in the campaign was mysteriously deleted yesterday. And I have actually made it to the end of two out of the last ten multiplayer sessions without my PS3 freezing. What a fantastic game.

Bor

Neo Member
new guns are already in. For the mtar you for example need a sniper ar lmg and grenade kill in one round.

vixlar

So, squad leaders have a Star again. It can be seen by enemies? I really hated to aim different on normal enemies and squad leaders when they were spotted.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
As TheSeks can vouch im a DICE fanboy but man, totally disappointed at the current state of the game even when i dont have it yet.

Hoepfully all the issues will get sorted out soon :(
DICEY PLS

Must suck to be part of the BF4 Live Team right now.

n0n44m

PKP is still the best LMG for me, dat damage

I've been trying to level up DMRs, but I've just decided to quit after 166 kills with the MK11 because they are nothing but frustrating

of course they're not CQC weapons, they're designed to be used at mid-range. But because they lack power (4 hits to kill someone at mid range) and have a high recoil (even with attachments) I just found myself getting outgunned in a direct firefight at mid-range. Even worse, hitting a moving target, who didn't even notice me, multiple times at mid-range turned out to be pretty much impossible.

I switched to assault, picked the default AK12, put on an attachment or two I got from battlepacks and it suddenly felt like I was playing easy mode :/ two quick burst drop everything at mid-range, no reason whatsoever to use a DMR FFS

I saw at Symthic that the next AR (SCAR) has the same damage as a PKP Pecheneg ... Guess I'll be using the carbines instead of the DMR for my recon/engineer classes then if I need something more suited for CQC/mid-range respectively.

directly after coming to this conclusion I saw a lvlcap video on youtube that makes pretty much the exact same points about the DMR class. Not enough damage and/or too much recoil to reliably kill even at what is supposed to be their "optimal" distance.

HariKari

I saw at Symthic that the next AR (SCAR) has the same damage as a PKP Pecheneg ... Guess I'll be using the carbines instead of the DMR for my recon/engineer classes then if I need something more suited for CQC/mid-range respectively.

ACE 52 is getting a lot of votes from competitive players for best gun in the game at the moment. Try that. 7.62 round, 26 in a mag. Like a G3 on crack.

directly after coming to this conclusion I saw a lvlcap video on youtube that makes pretty much the exact same points about the DMR class. Not enough damage and/or too much recoil to reliably kill even at what is supposed to be their "optimal" distance.

A lot of the recoil is imaginary. It's just scope bounce. If you use something like the SKS you see how little gun actually recoils. So something is going on there. The RPM rate is also absurdly low. Most targets can duck out of the way before you connect with the 3rd or 4th lethal shot. They suck. The only thing worse is bolt action rifles.

Nekrono

Where are the full patch notes? Main issues for me are:

Getting shot after running behind cover (netcode).
Client crashes.
Sound going off in certain maps.

Have they been addressed?

pestul

Where are the full patch notes? Main issues for me are:

Getting shot after running behind cover (netcode).
Client crashes.
Sound going off in certain maps.

Have they been addressed?
Dang, and here I thought the sound cutting out was just an issue with my system.. that's a relief. I hate that first point.. along with the 'mutual killing due to poor netcode'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom