• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
So more crashes than before now? just after rounds?

DICE...
giphy.gif

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
As TheSeks can vouch im a DICE fanboy but man, totally disappointed at the current state of the game even when i dont have it yet.

Hoepfully all the issues will get sorted out soon :(
DICEY PLS

Must suck to be part of the BF4 Live Team right now.

Statistically there have been less server drops for BF4 than BF3 for the same time period.
It's probably more at the forefront of people's minds though so it seems like more, along with the executable crashes.

The good is though that the servers are all the same across every platform so server fixes implemented will fix things on every platform.

Arcipello

not touching this game until its fixed... too many crashes, stuttering, sounds not playing etc. im a die hard BF fan and never seen such a messy launch from DICE before, i suspect EA is to blame for taking this out of the oven before it was cooked :(

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I have no idea but if you find out what it is can you share it? :p

I've been getting pretty consistent crashes since launch

On my home PC it's never once had an executable crash and I've only been disconnected from a server twice, and those disconnections were on the EU GAF server while it was being DDoS'd and then when it swapped host location to Sweden..

Alienware X51 w/ GTX660, Windows 8.1, other than the Nvidia driver all I'm using is what Dell provided.

Profit?

My work PC that is a top of the line beast but runs Windows 7 is another matter, crashes left and right.

On my home PC it's never once had an executable crash and I've only been disconnected from a server twice, and those disconnections were on the EU GAF server while it was being DDoS'd and then when it swapped host location to Sweden..

Alienware X51 w/ GTX660, Windows 8.1, other than the Nvidia driver all I'm using is what Dell provided.

Profit?

My work PC that is a top of the line beast but runs Windows 7 is another matter, crashes left and right.

Like I said earlier, I've had 2 client crashes in 35 hours but the guy I play with, his constantly crashes. Our systems are very similar as well and he just recently did a clean install of Windows 8.1. The game plays well on some systems and is completely unstable on others. He's done everything he could possibly think of to make sure his PC and game are setup the same as mine and nothing seems to help.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Statistically there have been less server drops for BF4 than BF3 for the same time period.
It's probably more at the forefront of people's minds though so it seems like more, along with the executable crashes.

The good is though that the servers are all the same across every platform so server fixes implemented will fix things on every platform.
Should be more stable by November 29 so im cool. :3

CozMick

Banned
Oh for fucks sake, are you serious Dice?

My single player progress and unlocks have been deleted!

Man, this game is fucked....

The current Battlelog message:

We are aware of the server crash issue and are working on a workaround to mitigate the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Before that they had a message saying that they had addressed 2 separate server crashing issues. A bit of scrambling going on over at DICE, it appears.

Bombless

Great. First login after the patch aaaaaaand the game now stutters like there's no tomorrow. What the fucking fuck. It was working flawlessly apart from crashes at loading every 10 games or so, can't believe I prefered the older version better.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
mines been crashing randomly since launch think ive only had 3 or 4 full matches good times love wasting 5 minutes loading a server and have my client crash right when i click to spawn sooooo gooood

bidguy

Banned
wow i seriously hope the ps4/xbox one version doesnt suffer from these issues

ill play on xbox one until they fix the pc version. so probably till next year.

Mayyhem

Reading about all these issues I feel bad for all of you PC players. I would be furious, after dropping that much money on a game and getting this in return.

If it's like this Day 1 on XBONE I'm going to flip.

Heysoos

Reading about all these issues I feel bad for all of you PC players. I would be furious, after dropping that much money on a game and getting this in return.

If it's like this Day 1 on XBONE I'm going to flip.

I mean, BF console launches haven't exactly been smooth before. I think it was BC2, that was almost unplayable for 2 weeks because of lag. I remember BF3 wasn't smooth either, you couldn't even join together with friends for a long ass time.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Release Date: October 29 November 14

Oh man, this is perfect.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I can't see the op (at work), does the PS4 digital version include China Rising? Thanks.

Yes, if you preorder it on PSN. It doesn't mention it anywhere on the store page, but when you check out it pops up a window that says you get the China Rising expansion code mailed to you when it's available.

Why are all of us such huge idiots for buying another EA product at launch? We deserve the burden of every shitty piece of software they sell to us at full price.

Gav47

Played Obliteration for over an hour with no crashes but the match didn't end when the 3 targets had blown up so I had to quit.

Spl1nter

From reddit DICE dev

Hi,
I agree with you all, this is bad. We have identified the bug that causes the round transition crash and a fix is rolling out (its not a new server but a new config).
We do have test servers up from time to time to test the servers before they roll out. We could not do this with R9 as it required the new client patch and we rushed out R10 to fix another crash fix.
We are discussing internally how we can improve this in the future. One idea is to more extensively have the community help out (those who want to) to test new builds.

sflufan

Banned
You guys should see the forums for the GSPs like NFO and Game Servers -- LOTS of displeased customers. Fortunately their ire is being directed at EA/DICE and not the GSPs themselves.

I have a feeling the that number of PC servers is going to shrink considerably in the next month or so.

Fonz72

From reddit DICE dev

Hi,
I agree with you all, this is bad. We have identified the bug that causes the round transition crash and a fix is rolling out (its not a new server but a new config).
We do have test servers up from time to time to test the servers before they roll out. We could not do this with R9 as it required the new client patch and we rushed out R10 to fix another crash fix.
We are discussing internally how we can improve this in the future. One idea is to more extensively have the community help out (those who want to) to test new builds.

Well it's been in fucking beta since 1 October, soooooooo

Crisco

Banned
Why are all of us such huge idiots for buying another EA product at launch? We deserve the burden of every shitty piece of software they sell to us at full price.

How about the people who bought Premium? Honestly I have no sympathy for them. You're essentially handing EA the strap-on and telling them how you want to be fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom