• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so weird. BF4 has been such a disaster when it comes to the online and whatnot, I would probably even go back to BC2 and have a better time. Even BF3 should be a better option.

Plus, am I the only one who still doesn't like the idea of Battlepacks?
I don't like the idea of grinding to gain access to weapons, gear etc. in general. Especially when I don't get to choose what to unlock. It's a particularly bad fit for Battlefield and the dynamic gameplay it's supposed to be about.

Regarding Battlepacks, you know they'll charge for those, if they're not already. And eventually they'll switch on the shortcut packs as usual.

So yeah I pretty much consider the whole thing bullshit. I don't know if shitty design's been driving the monetization or vice versa, but either way, here we are, with a system that makes EA more money and the game worse.

Is there a known audio issue in the PC version of BF4? Audio-wise, the game feels empty. I hear some shooting, but there is no vehicle engine sound or reloading sound.

Is there a known audio issue in the PC version of BF4? Audio-wise, the game feels empty. I hear some shooting, but there is no vehicle engine sound or reloading sound.

I have audio issues on Railway and the Dam level. It is a known issue that hopefully that can sort out soon but it has been going on since launch.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone found a better way or a certain implementation of the CA fix?

I created the user.cfg file but I still get things like: http://i.imgur.com/esVGiLJ.jpg

Except it's MUCH more pronounced and far too lengthy of an effect to be anything but an annoyance. It's like the entire scene's RGB is randomly split a good 10-25px and then recombined, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when. It's like my soldier has some sort of migraine headache that throbs randomly.

Chromatic-whatever-it-is-called: What a vile graphical effect.

I tried the user.cfg fix but it didn't work. I like how some things end up being made worse for no apparent reason. Or is there a reason for this effect?

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Chromatic-whatever-it-is-called: What a vile graphical effect.

I tried the user.cfg fix but it didn't work. I like how some things end up being made worse for no apparent reason. Or is there a reason for this effect?

Effects for effects' sake.

I mean this is not realistic at all unless, like I said, all of our soldiers have some sort of terrible migraine that causes random throbbing of colors in vision.

Effects for effects' sake.

I mean this is not realistic at all unless, like I said, all of our soldiers have some sort of terrible migraine that causes random throbbing of colors in vision.

I don't know about the in-game soldier with the migraine but it made me feel a bit 'off' after playing.

Beaner

Has anyone found a better way or a certain implementation of the CA fix?

I created the user.cfg file but I still get things like: http://i.imgur.com/esVGiLJ.jpg

Except it's MUCH more pronounced and far too lengthy of an effect to be anything but an annoyance. It's like the entire scene's RGB is randomly split a good 10-25px and then recombined, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when. It's like my soldier has some sort of migraine headache that throbs randomly.

I think it had happened to me whenever I was under one of the EMP UAVs the commander can place. Which sort of makes sense but still.

Stainless

Can't tell if Siege map crashes or not because every server I'm in, when it comes up, the admin preemptively switches to the next map just after it loads.

So how is the PS4 BF4 acting ? Stable ,crashes ,disconnects .? Its like just 3 people on NeoGAF bought it .No updates whatsoever.

And where are the reviews dammit. Obviosly I am from EU .

I've been able to finish all my matches so far, but... There is some error that pops up from time to time after backing out of a server or when booting the game to the main menu that crashes the game and activates the PS4 OS error troubleshooter. I've had to delete my save file which became corrupted twice already and did a full reinstall after the 2nd time and that seems to have done the trick for now.

In game the 60 FPS is amazing and has been rock solid. I've only been able to play TDM and Domination so far as Conquest doesn't seem to be working at all as I can't connect to any CQ servers. I saw someone on my friends list playing Rush so that must be fine. I haven't noticed any annoying deaths from the netcode yet but I only have a small sample size so I'm not giving it the "all clear".

Doesn't look like the squad/party system from console BF3 made it in just like current gen BF4 although it's less of a hassle on PS4 because you can join friends lightning quick. Seems like they took the ability to save loadout a from the menus out too which I liked in console BF3 unless I can't find it. Strange that I can do it on my iPhones battlelog app but not in game.

So verdict for now is that it looks like it's broken but not as much as the PC version I guess...

shinn623

Question. I have premium on PC and was wondering if it can carryover from PC to PS4 or would I have to purchase premium again to have it on console?

shinn623

Purchase again.

Thanks for answering.

Ugh... not sure if i want to throw another $100 into it. Curious, whats the majority of gaf playing on? PC or console? Depending on that I may or not double dip on PS4.

Feel free to add me on PSN though: Heaven-Assassin1

Faith

This fucking shit game! Crashing in every round now...what the actual fuck Dice?

And now I cant join any server, always BF4 stops running.

tsigo

This is just too hard to watch, he's blow torching a wall?

Though watching him is giving me an insight into the mind of every camping sniper recon player, they really just don't care about the objective or game mode.

I think it's the bullet drop aspect. You get a headshot at 250+ yards and it feels like you accomplished something. Even when you go 1-6 in an 800 ticket Large Conquest game.

xclaw

Bout to bail on work here to go get some rounds in on the PS4. Managed to get the thing purchased, hooked up, updated and BF4 downloading before heading into work. Feel a slight fever coming on I think.

Spl1nter

Don't know if it has been mentioned but the Aku-12 got a burst rof nerd to 750rpm and the m1911 got a slight buff with the recent patch. Sad the Aku-12 got a nerf but it was OP compared to the other carbines.

Has anyone found a breakdown on the different graphic settings and which ones are more taxing? Still trying to tweak my settings here and there. Geforce experience seems to think I can max this game out but...no that isn't happening with a solid frame rate.

Any PS4 impressions? This might decide whether I get a PS4 now or later.

In a word, stunning. The graphics are sharp in multiplayer thanks to the 900p resolution which is considerably high, and 60fps. I came to this game directly from BF3 on PS3. It feels almost uncanny in comparison to that game, because I can literally spot enemies from a mile away. Even a friend I had over was surprised at how clear he could see enemies in the distance. It looks and plays beautiful.

Has anyone found a breakdown on the different graphic settings and which ones are more taxing? Still trying to tweak my settings here and there. Geforce experience seems to think I can max this game out but...no that isn't happening with a solid frame rate.

MSAA, Effects and Lighting.

centracore

Is anyone having issues with BF4 multiplayer on PS4? When trying to join quick match conquest servers I am getting insta-kicked back to the menu with a "you have lost connection to the session" error. If I somehow manage to make it into a server I haven't been able to play more than 5 minutes before I get kicked with the same "you have lost connection to the session" error.

I've never had a problem with my internet connection for any other game so I'm wondering if something is wrong with my PS4?

Elsolar

How are you guys equipping your support loadouts? I'm alright with the LMGs, but it seems like all the equipment support has access to is super-situational.

The largest performance hit usually results from increasing a setting from medium to high. Some of the more taxing settings are lighting, post-processing, and effects. And obviously, don't use any MSAA unless you can afford it. Setting AA-post to high gives a good IQ/performance tradeoff. Also you can set texture filtering to ultra, I'm pretty sure it's just anisotropic filtering which is really cheap. Also try messing around with resolution scale, I'm playing on all high settings on a GTX 560Ti at 1080p and setting my resolution scale to 85% (equivalent to 1600x900) gave me a huge performance boost.

mazillion

Damn, battlefield 4 on ps4 has been buttery smooth and amazing nonstop action. I owned bf3 on pc but it was on my laptop and it would overheat quickly. So I ended up playing most of my battlefield 3 on ps3. Man is this so good for a console experience.

Just want to make sure its not me ...

Since updating from Windows 8 to 8.1, the battlelog plugins seem to be giving me a lot of grief (slow website, pings not showing, constantly saying an update is needed). This happened in BF3, and hoped it would be sorted for BF4, but it appears not (possibly due to the newer IE ?).

Installing Chrome it works a treat, but are others having the same problem ?

In a word, stunning. The graphics are sharp in multiplayer thanks to the 900p resolution which is considerably high, and 60fps. I came to this game directly from BF3 on PS3. It feels almost uncanny in comparison to that game, because I can literally spot enemies from a mile away. Even a friend I had over was surprised at how clear he could see enemies in the distance. It looks and plays beautiful.

Does the PS4 version allow split screen multiplayer?

Hellcrow

I've come to a terrible realization. I'm good enough to pick up a decent fight against a much better team, but I'm not good enough to actually have a winning chance. So the best games I have, I always lose, while winning is just steamrolling.

tsigo

Dear Commanders: The EMP radius stops an incoming Cruise Missile. And the map shows you where the missile is going to land and its entire flight path. Sooooo... no one on your team should ever worry about a cruise missile.

Dear Recon: The MAV, while useful for spotting, also takes out enemy equipment, including MORTARS and Radio Beacons. Destroy that shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom