• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dug

Banned
Is anyone else having the problem of not being able to install China Rising for BF4 on PS4? I downloaded it but whenever I try to install it just says "Cannot Install".

Dear Commanders: The EMP radius stops an incoming Cruise Missile. And the map shows you where the missile is going to land and its entire flight path. Sooooo... no one on your team should ever worry about a cruise missile.

Dear Recon: The MAV, while useful for spotting, also takes out enemy equipment, including MORTARS and Radio Beacons. Destroy that shit!

Didn't know the first one. Thanks for the tip!

HelloMeow

I didn't even rage.

iV3OY7Rydyrbi.gif

Reckoner

I guess I'll only play TDM until the update fixes the frame rate issues. I'm not really enjoying playing at 40 fps when I'm now used to have it running at 60fps.

I've come to a terrible realization. I'm good enough to pick up a decent fight against a much better team, but I'm not good enough to actually have a winning chance. So the best games I have, I always lose, while winning is just steamrolling.

That's what happens more often than not. At least that's been my experience 90% of the time through 800 hours of BF3 and 50 hours thus far of BF4. Either your team sucks ass and you feel as if you're the only one doing anything on it (which you are most of the time, as the rest are up in the hills or on a building sniping with their thumbs in their bums), or if you're lucky the entire team is just straight up dominating the other one.

That's why I have a long list of friends I play with, so I don't get stuck with a team full of bush wookie scrubs.

zam

Knives, and since those are counted as separate weapons instead of knife/ACB like BF3 did melee stats: Yes, technically, they're hiding weapons in Battlepacks.

The knives are in the premium battlepacks though, but you are correct about different stats for different knives. I don't know why they didn't combine them into one stat like they did for vehicles (e.g for Attack Helicopter you see total attack heli kills, and then how many with say the Z-10 etc)

Mr Swine

Banned
So guys, how good is the PS4/PC version? Does the PS4 version support 64 player maps or just 32? Also are the controllers good?

Don't know what to get when my brothers PS4 arrives in 2 weeks

How are you guys equipping your support loadouts? I'm alright with the LMGs, but it seems like all the equipment support has access to is super-situational.

I nearly always roll with the XM25 and the Ammo Crate. Almost all of the BF4 maps are absolutely lousy with super high roofs (and the accompanying roof campers), and the airbursts from the XM25 are a nice equalizer.

As someone that normally plays engineer, I always wish people would drop me more rockets, so I try to be the change I'd like to see and drop the crates near every engie I see. Also, I like to think that if I can supply my team with extra rockets, they will actually shoot at armor. That hasn't really panned out though.

Sometimes I try claymores on rush defense, but I need to figure out better spots for them...hardly get any kills when I have them guarding mcoms. Guessing people are throwing precautionary grenades first.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Only certain map modes are working. There is a bug that corrupts your save profile, so it has to be deleted to continue playing. Joining friends doesn't really work well.

Looks nice though.
What in the eff? And no 64 players yet?

Dubz

Ok I just played a little MP on the PS4, and wow is it good. 60FPS constantly...I haven't experienced one dip yet.

otapnam

got my msi r9 280x and have been getting 45-75fps everything Maxed out @ 1080p . averaging mostly 60s but dropping in some of the crazier maps

Havnt OC'd it much beyond the factory OC yet so i can imagine there being even a little more performance to gain.

Pretty awesome playing the game they way its supposed to be played. incredible graphics

tuco11

2 quick questions for PS4 version of BF4:

1. Cant customize your soldier from main menu? Looked maybe I just missed it?

2. Anyone else having issues with voice chat? Are there any known issues with voice chat in BF4? I heard one person so far. Yes my mic is on :)

thanks!!

DTKT

Oh wow, what the hell is up with that 3d effect. Who the hell thought that was a good idea.

And crash.

I'm done

a916

Why can't I carry my 35hour stats from PC :(

I would love to play on the PS4 as well but I don't want to unlock everything again.

Druz

Just want to make sure its not me ...

Since updating from Windows 8 to 8.1, the battlelog plugins seem to be giving me a lot of grief (slow website, pings not showing, constantly saying an update is needed). This happened in BF3, and hoped it would be sorted for BF4, but it appears not (possibly due to the newer IE ?).

Installing Chrome it works a treat, but are others having the same problem ?

You're using IE. The end.

iJudged

Banned
By the sounds of it, looks like the game is broken on PC and PS4, xbone too probably as well. Bravo EA, way to force dice to push it out the door way too early. WC 3 years in a row.

Sethos

Banned
For some reason, this is one of the only games where F.lux is still 'working' when playing, so everything goes all piss yellow. Then I can turn it off and my second monitor becomes a torch - Wish I could get around it somehow. ( Game is running fullscreen ).

xclaw

What sensitivity are you guys playing with? And aim assist?

I had to crank my sensitivity way up from the PS3 version, sitting in the 40% range now and thinking it needs to be higher. Aim assist, I'm on the fence about. Might disable it if I can find any stats on how it actually works.

The main thing I find is to disable the network smoothing.... helps with the not dying behind objects part.

Doran902

cant play single player or mp just gives me an error when i try to play the game on ps4

all my other games and psn work perfect

Fonz72

I thought one of the benefits of the PS4 was play as you download? Anyone have any idea how to do this? I've been downloading BF4 for the past 3 hours and still have 2 to go. When I try to open it it just shows the download bar.

FUCK DIGITAL PRE-ORDERS NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zam

"Game disconnected: server is full" yeah thanks, I was in already in the server. That error message popped up as the server was switching maps and I disconnected for some reason..

Bombless

"Game disconnected: server is full" yeah thanks, I was in already in the server. That error message popped up as the server was switching maps and I disconnected for some reason..

They probably have a prefered members list and one got in through the map switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom