• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

daevv

I keep getting this error: CE-34878-0

It keeps popping at the title screen and won't let me play the game.

Now it's saying that my data is corrupt.

I'm getting the same thing. Deleting your saved game lets you play again but eventually it happens again. There is a thread for this error. Have only see one other sort of fix there:

This worked for me. I read this in the playstation support forums.

1. Sign out of psn
2. Boot your game.
3. Hit ps button and sign back in to psn
4. Double hit playstation button to get back to game.

Hopefully this will work for you too. This is obviously not ideal but at least you are able to play

Will try that too when I play it next.

Sethos

Banned
By the way, is it just me or did they nerf the MBT's Coaxial HMG? It just seems incredibly inaccurate now. Before I could easily mow down people with it crossing the road or standing it buildings, now they just go wherever after 10 meters.

sorry, is this how the graphics are supposed to look? I posted a screenshot before, and I got a response that it isnt supposed to look like that, but I checked a couple of youtube vids and people's graphics are exactly like mine. It looks so wack I almost bought a 780..but...maybe i just need some sleep.

aDyx3v3.jpg

Is this maxed out? It looks like low settings. Higher settings should look better than this, things shouldn't "stick out" as much

guek

Banned
how is this game on ps4? Worth it? better than CoD? The lack of an extinction/zombie mode makes me wary since that's what I enjoy the most about CoD

Did anyone ever find the super secret in the Multiplayer after?

I remember a DICE dev saying there was some secret in the MP that only a few people knew about but it was awesome. I hadn't heard anything since

georgc

How come i Only see one 64 player game in Battlefield for the PlayStation and when I Try to join it it says no commander positions available but I'm not trying to play the commander roll? WTF

guek

Banned
i would not recommend bf4 if you primarily enjoyed cod because of horde/zombie mod

Thank you. The last battlefield game I played extensively was Battlefield Vietnam but I've never really gotten back into the series. Co-op and horde mode stuff appeals to me a lot more.

Thank you. The last battlefield game I played extensively was Battlefield Vietnam but I've never really gotten back into the series. Co-op and horde mode stuff appeals to me a lot more.

As someone who has played every COD game and every BF game, I would never use one to guage interest in another. They're completely different beasts. If you're looking for a COD experience in a BF game though it's a mistake. But that doesn't mean you won't find enjoyment in BF, which offers a one of a kind experience in FPS multiplayer imo.

Dartastic

Haven't really played many FPS games in a while. I'm OKAY but not great. Any tips for players starting back out? I played COD a decent amount up through Modern Warfare 2, but I know this is an entirely different beast.

Rizific

Haven't really played many FPS games in a while. I'm OKAY but not great. Any tips for players starting back out? I played COD a decent amount up through Modern Warfare 2, but I know this is an entirely different beast.

spot EVERYTHING. check minimap constantly. go for the objective, youll often score much more points instead of just strictly going around murdering people. when you join a server, join a FULL squad and try to supplement the squad ie. if theres no assault to provide revives, then choose assault. and if you join a squad that consists of ALL RECON, bail the fuck out.

CrovaxPSO

I saw a walkthrough a good couple of pages back saying you need to link your PSN on the Origin website first maybe? I'll have a look and see if I can find what page it was on.

Found It!

My PSN and Origin are on the same email address, and my PSN is linked to the single Origin account. I read that some people said the issue is with having your PSN linked to multiple Origin accounts, but support checked for me and it's only the one account. I've tried restarting the game and the PS4 but no luck.

There's a lot of good advice out there to be had, but ultimately don't be an idiot, play the objective, be a team player (always squad up), win your 1v1s, and you'll be fine.

McLovin

I managed to get a round of deathmatch on ps4(only mode that worked for me). My god dice... you did it. You fucking did it. Smooth 60fps with tight controls with just enough weight. Cant wait for Sony to sort their servers out so I can try some conquest.

Fonz72

Sitting at 26% installed on MP for the last 4 hours. Shows 100% on Campaign but it won't let me go past the first mission.

Dartastic

spot EVERYTHING. check minimap constantly. go for the objective, youll often score much more points instead of just strictly going around murdering people. when you join a server, join a FULL squad and try to supplement the squad ie. if theres no assault to provide revives, then choose assault. and if you join a squad that consists of ALL RECON, bail the fuck out.

There's a lot of good advice out there to be had, but ultimately don't be an idiot, play the objective, be a team player (always squad up), win your 1v1s, and you'll be fine.
Bolded the really good stuff that I think i can learn from. Thanks! Spotting is a great idea. Forgot about that. Nobody spots shit.

So conquest isn't working at all on PS4 right? It boots me whenever I try to join a conquest server. Pretty shitty since conquest pretty much is Battlefield. Ugh.

Husker86

Double dipped and got PS4 version to add to my PC version. I'm bad at this game but it's fun and I actually have a friend playing it on PS4 so that'll be fun.

I assume all my stats are separate for each system? Any complications for using same BF account on two systems? Still downloading the PS4 version so haven't gotten in yet.

Double dipped and got PS4 version to add to my PC version. I'm bad at this game but it's fun and I actually have a friend playing it on PS4 so that'll be fun.

I assume all my stats are separate for each system? Any complications for using same BF account on two systems? Still downloading the PS4 version so haven't gotten in yet.

who knows with DICE, lol... but BC1, 1943, BC2 and BF3 all worked fine with different player stats on multiple platforms.

Husker86

who knows with DICE, lol... but BC1, 1943, BC2 and BF3 all worked fine with different player stats on multiple platforms.

Do you or anyone know how I link my PS4 BF4 to my existing Origin account? The only thing I could do was make a security question and that created an entire new account....

Now I have to clear data or something. Grrr, why can't there be a "Use your existing account" button?

I don't remember BF3 being this bad at launch, although I only played it for the first couple weeks.

How long should it take for DICE to bring this game to a decent state?

Jon

Guys, am I missing something? I just fired it up, it installed right away, and I hopped online -- but it is missing all the textures. All the cars look the same, every texture is weird or off...do I need to download something else?

finally got some rounds in

really feel lavs are better than tanks this go around, apfsds shell being an earlier unlock means they destroy tanks 1v1

I can't believe how broken the game is on PS4. 9 times out of 10 I'll start it up to immediately crash on the main menu, which corrupts my save if I managed to get one from before.

guek

Banned
I can't believe how broken the game is on PS4. 9 times out of 10 I'll start it up to immediately crash on the main menu, which corrupts my save if I managed to get one from before.

goddamnit. i'm pretty much afraid to buy anything now.

does this game have splitscreen multiplayer?

spannicus

I cant even get out of Fishing in Baku before the game takes me to a blue screen to send an error report, then says corrupt save files. BF4 did this 3 times on my PS4. It looks amazing though, now if only it will let me play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom