• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisOne

How do I set my PS4 to save things to the cloud? I'm considering starting the campaign but would prefer not to lose my progress to the corrupted save issue.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Always amazing how people can get 2.0 KDR's in BF games as infantry. In the conquest matches I play, I am constantly surrounded by everything.

Pastry

Banned
How do I set my PS4 to save things to the cloud? I'm considering starting the campaign but would prefer not to lose my progress to the corrupted save issue.

I think if you go into the system menu there is an option to copy your file to the cloud. I'm at work though and can't check for you right now.

Grief.exe

Woah, a 20min 59 second recording with Shadowplay is like 6.89Gig on High. I guess that buffer target is a rough estimation for how big at 20 mins of those settings after-all.

Guess I'm going to see how big Low is and the quality.

7GB for that amount of gameplay is pretty standard.

Always amazing how people can get 2.0 KDR's in BF games as infantry. In the conquest matches I play, I am constantly surrounded by everything.

I mostly play infantry-focused Conquest maps. Something like Seine and Bazaar from BF3.

Because vehicles can really ruin the fun of infantry play on Conquest. Unfortunately, BF4 doesn't really have any infantry-focused maps for true conquest, so I've had to resort to playing domination.

Playing conquest at the beginning of BF4 destroyed my K/D, but its getting back up there.

Managed to find a cached copy of manual for the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 with voice and head tracking details!

WHAT CAN I SAY

If you are a Squad Leader, and there is a Commander, you can also say “Request Order” when your squad is readyfor duty. Let your Commander know what you need by saying “Request Scan”, “Request Vehicle”, or “RequestSupply”. When you are in the Deploy screen you can deploy by saying “Spawn”. During gameplay you can plan what classyou should deploy as, next time you deploy, by saying “Next time spawn as Medic” or whatever class you choose.The next time you deploy you will be deployed according to your wishes.The full list of Voice Commands can be found under “OPTIONS > KINECT”

LEANING

Using the Kinect, you can lean to look out from behind cover. Use this as a tactic to keep yourself partially behindcover while at the same time being able to shoot at an enemy. You can lean while standing or crouching.To turn Leaning ON/OFF, toggle the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > LEANING ENABLED”.

HEAD TRACKING

The Kinect can track your head. When in a vehicle, you can turn your head to look around. This will allow you tokeep driving in one direction but still get a good look at your surroundings.To turn Head Tracking ON/OFF, toggle the setting under “OPTIONS > KINECT > HEADTRACKING ENABLED”.

Cached version of the manual is here - http://webcache.googleusercontent.c.../en/b4-xbone-en.pdf+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Tekku

So I'm thinking of getting this for the PS4 because frankly I'm quite chocked at how good it looks. I haven't seen it irl but judging by the videos it's pretty damn impressive. I can't believe that it runs so smooth at 60fps.

Is there anyone on here who has it both for PC and PS4 and can try to explain what the graphical differences are? Apart from the obvious ones, like resolution and so on.

Oh man, your GTX 780 Ti should devour it unless you're playing at an insane resolution. My GTX 780 (non-Ti) averages ~70 FPS completely maxed out at 1080p in both the campaign and 64-player servers.

It's total overkill but I do have a 144Hz monitor and I'd like to be able to play at higher settings and get to that level. Right now to hit 144fps I play on all low and I could easily play the MP maxed out (No AA) and get 60 pretty consistently but 144 is just SO much smoother

Plus I might get another monitor later and I'm trying to future proof a little.

Is there anyone on here who has it both for PC and PS4 and can try to explain what the graphical differences are? Apart from the obvious ones, like resolution and so on.

I think volumetric lighting might be different as well as the particle effects, also some textures being slightly lower on PS4. Higher AA and AF too I'd imagine

Reckoner

It's total overkill but I do have a 144Hz monitor and I'd like to be able to play at higher settings and get to that level. Right now to hit 144fps I play on all low and I could easily play the MP maxed out (No AA) and get 60 pretty consistently but 144 is just SO much smoother

Plus I might get another monitor later and I'm trying to future proof a little.

You're getting bad habits. Do you play on consoles? I'm now getting used to play at 60fps on my PC. Yesterday I played Xbox 360 and the framerate and FOV weren't making the experience very enjoyable.

You're getting bad habits. Do you play on consoles? I'm now getting used to play at 60fps on my PC. Yesterday I played Xbox 360 and the framerate and FOV weren't making the experience very enjoyable.

I'm getting elitist habits haha but I only want the 144fps for BF4 and any other competitive shooter because it allows for such quick snappy movements.

For anything else 60fps is fine

lus.... I love buying new gear for my PC lol

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

I did this. And the cloud bit me in the ass.

I backed up my save to the cloud, and played for a bit and got the crash and save corruption . I shut my PS4 off for the night, and in the morning went to retrieve my uncorrupted cloud save but it uploaded the corrupted cloud save overwriting my uncorrupted one.

So, remember to disable cloud backup if you plan to keep an uncorrupted save file up there. Then again, that will also disable cloud backup for all your games... unless you can just speficify turning it off for one?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
7GB for that amount of gameplay is pretty standard./QUOTE]

I'm looking for something "Youtube upload-able and friendly size" So yeah, while true the size is standard for captures it's a little sticker-shock since I don't really want to have to size/encode/etc. just to upload to Youtube.

"It Just Works"(TM) and all that.

ThisOne

I think if you go into the system menu there is an option to copy your file to the cloud. I'm at work though and can't check for you right now.

I've found that option but I'm wondering if there's a way that I can have the PS4 do it automatically.

iso135

So much this. I was always a console fanboy. The couch, the comfort, the controller, the crowds... I scoffed at frames per second and honestly never cared.

I got a gaming capable PC to play games with my friend. I play most stuff at 60 fps, and when I go back and play some 360 I can barely tolerate the frame rate. I mean 30 is okish... but most late gen games push it hard and drop well below 30 and I cringe. I literally never noticed or cared before. I can't go back..

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
lol I joined a game on Dawnbreaker where their top 2 guys were lvls 103 and 107. They had all the points with like 6 tanks camping our spawn. nope'd the fuck outta that game.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Oh what the hell.....

Game locked up, I closed it, save file corrupt, about 1 hour into the campaign :(

PS4

Safest way is to play offline. Once you finish playing transfer your save to a flashdrive that way when you start the game while online and it corrupts your save you have a backup.

It took restarting the first two levels 3 times before I came to this workaround.

creyas

If you play Dawnbreaker you're gonna have a bad time

Map is pretty crappy from the few times I've tried it on Conquest.

Yeah it's pretty crappy. Also shit on Rush. Found some enjoyment on it by screwing around as infantry around B though.

Ran over a guy who was in the elevator by driving an ATV in there. ShadowPlay pls :(

If you play Dawnbreaker you're gonna have a bad time

Map is pretty crappy from the few times I've tried it on Conquest.

Dawnbreaker is a strange map. It feels like it should be larger for some reason. Why the hell did they include jets on it, for example? And what's with the number of vehicles? It's almost like they set out to design a map 2-3x larger than it currently is and just said, "Fuck it," about midway through its development. It's a shame because it seems like it had potential to be a great alternative to Shanghai. As it stands, it's arguably the most forgettable map in BF4.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So I started the game on PS4. Finish the first mission. Quit as the second mission starts. Going back to the main screen, the game crashes and goes back to the PS4 Homescreen with a message that there was an error with BF4. Start BF4 again and it says my save was corrupt and that if I continue I'll lose my data. I thought well this is great, hopefully it at least saved the fact that I finished the first mission hopefully. The main screen is about to pop up and it crashes again.

1080p, 60 FPS, games crashing. It really does feel like I'm playing on PC.

otapnam

really loving being able to use the DMR as an engie. can take the medium range game to the next level but still take out armor. god bless u dice

scogoth

I know. WTF, GAF... I didn't think it posted until I just saw it quad post.

Also Low sets a three minute video to like 300 megs. Not too bad but man... I forgot how huge video recording is.

Anyway: I'm REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY impressed by Splinter's flying from seeing him in spectator mode/first-person view. If he's playing on a keyboard and mouse: WOW. I have no idea how he makes that shit look smooth and nail his targets like that when I was fumbling with the jets with KB&M in the test range.
By playing too much =P

scogoth

I'm looking for something "Youtube upload-able and friendly size" So yeah, while true the size is standard for captures it's a little sticker-shock since I don't really want to have to size/encode/etc. just to upload to Youtube.

I do believe they will have direct to youtube integration. I could google it to check but I'm on an iPad and lazy. I know they will have a twitch.tv mode for streaming.

Use the "Low" quality preset and if even that doesn't produce files small enough for your liking, take them into a video editor (Windows Movie Maker is free; Sony Vegas or something similar is preferred) and compress them to an even lower bit rate.

Spl1nter

Operation Lumberjack was a success

iHAOcmjFIUonn.gif

40x scope is ridiculously awesome.

jackal27

Banned
My brother is playing on his new PS4 and is getting TONS of glitches, kicks, and weirdness. Even his single-player campaign save has restarted twice!

What is going on!?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dang, my capture of a really great multikill that gave me 420 points got messed up somehow. I don't know if it's the share button or just the way Battlefield uses it. I got a screenshot, but the video capture was displaced.

Anyway... here's some spectacular missing.

HelloMeow

Are you planning on recording and uploading 20 minute games? Because you're not going to get significantly less than 7gb without losing a lot of quality. That's also because it's recording at 60fps. You could render it at 30fps afterwards, but that could take some time.

I hope they'll add resolution and fps options in the future.

Are you planning on recording and uploading 20 minute games? Because you're not going to get significantly less than 7gb without losing a lot of quality. That's also because it's recording at 60fps. You could render it at 30fps afterwards, but that could take some time.

I hope they'll add resolution and fps options in the future.

Yeah, I at least expect a "30 FPS" option either by the end of this year or early next. 60 FPS is really a complete waste since YouTube is the only noteworthy (non-streaming) site for gaming videos and it's stuck at 30.

Spl1nter

Dang, my capture of a really great multikill that gave me 420 points got messed up somehow. I don't know if it's the share button or just the way Battlefield uses it. I got a screenshot, but the video capture was displaced.

Anyway... here's some spectacular missing.

I thought there was no aim assist on ps4, looks like there is a lot there unless you have the smoothest aim ever. Also you should stop moving when firing a DMR, makes them quite inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom