• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I do believe they will have direct to youtube integration. I could google it to check but I'm on an iPad and lazy. I know they will have a twitch.tv mode for streaming.

My problem is my upload speed is SLOW as hell. I have no idea why it is, but yeah: 3gig files to Youtube take like three hours or so.

So I gave up. But yeah, I was just messing around and looking at the file-sizes. Youtube scoffs at 6gig files. Which means 45 min rounds of ~14gigs is no go.

Scogoth said:
By playing too much =P

Commander set him as HVT and he still went like 18-0 before I had to leave for work/quit out of spectator. It's INSANE.

Ocho

Operation Lumberjack was a success

iHAOcmjFIUonn.gif

40x scope is ridiculously awesome.

Lucky shot. No skill.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I thought there was no aim assist on ps4, looks like there is a lot there unless you have the smoothest aim ever. Also you should stop moving when firing a DMR, makes them quite inaccurate.

That's actually a shotgun with slugs :D

And no, there's definitely some aim assist, although aiming is pretty smooth in and of itself. Maybe you got it mixed up with Killzone, which has none.

Spl1nter

That's actually a shotgun with slugs :D

And no, there's definitely some aim assist, although aiming is pretty smooth in and of itself. Maybe you got it mixed up with Killzone, which has none.

Oh, they kind of suck now with slugs but still applies in terms of accuracy.

Spl1nter

I feel like support is the biggest troll class.

Airburst, Mortar, Claymore. They cause me to rage on occasion.

You going to love the UCAV!!! It currently does more damage than a tv missile to vehicles, while being much easier to control and doing significant splash damage to infantry.

Vizzeh

Banned
Just about to order this GAME for the PS4, on amazon it has a shed load of 1 Stars due to the crashes... Any sign of these being resolved before I purchase?

Bombless

God damn it, Rush servers need a countdown to game start. Havind SSD players arming the MCOMs before most players are even done loading is stupid.

AmyS

Now I've seen the building collapse in Siege of Shanghai several times on PS4.

Framerate never seems to drop at all.

levelcap shows off the new Operation Metro on X1. Looks great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L90DibXzunI

- Takes place years after BF3's version
- New paths in the tunnels make for better flanking
- Elevators to come up behind players on top of the stairs for flanking
- Overgrown grass in the starting area that has dynamic progression creating smoke and a pain barrier
- LOTS of collapsable roof sections to kill enemies that also create dust and smoke barriers for spotting
- Turn off lights in several aeras
- Tunnels are now slightly flooded

- Overgrown grass in the starting area that has dynamic progression creating smoke and a pain barrier
- LOTS of collapsable roof sections to kill enemies that also create dust and smoke barriers for spotting

So basically much better and actually playable?

vixlar

Oh my, Metro without blue filter is beautiful.

The map looks really cool now. But if it is happening years later the original Metro, it could be that you can't use the buildings in fourth base to kill people.

Hmmm, interesting changes.

I do like the aesthetics now. Kind of reminds me of that Chernobyl level from COD4.

Grief.exe

remember when metro BF3 beta had alot more craters u can hide in? (that wasnt just in my head right? so long ago)

They actually still had partial terrain deformation code in the beta. So that was why you would sometimes get stuck in a hole that wasn't there.

Bombless

I hate people who just whine all the time.
Whiner (recon) : "Oh the boat is so OP, fix it DICE!"
Me : "Laze it, I'm an engineer".
Whiner : "Pfff, boat users, blah blah blah, insults, blah blah DICE"
Me : "Fucking laze it and I'll blow it up"
Whiner continues to do fuck all and type in chat all game.

Phatcorns

Does anyone know where I can find specifics as to the behavior of gadgets in the game? Specifically where can I get some instructions for everything. I've been looking high and low for exactly how the new defibrillators work, but I can't find it anywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong, but:
1. You have to charge them to get the full 100 points for a revive (EXACTLY how long do you need to charge them for because it's close to impossible it seems to charge it enough to revive someone before they die)
2. You can do three consecutive revives before you have to wait a certain amount of time for it to recharge(again, EXACTLY how much?)

Just kind of disappointed in the new defib behavior, I so loved reviving people before.

Spl1nter

Grief.exe

Just to put it in perspective, I am in two Closed Alpha/Beta tests right now, Nosgoth and Wildstar respectively.

Both games exhibit better performance and less crashes than the Battlefield 4 and they are both a far cry from release.

This is an absolute joke.

Recorded some Xbox One gameplay of Second Assault, Caspian Border. Media were invited to EA HQ yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kmUsOfSKFU&hd=1

Its funny to watch media members try to play games.

Just to put it in perspective, I am in two Closed Alpha/Beta tests right now, Nosgoth and Wildstar respectively.

Both games exhibit better performance and less crashes than the Battlefield 4 and they are both a far cry from release.

This is an absolute joke.

Its funny to watch media members try to play games.

That's why Activision and EA like to separate the YouTubers from the press at preview events.

Spl1nter

Caspian looks so much better with normal colour filter.

Also I have been extremely fortunate with crashes the past 2 days. Had no crashes yesterday. First round I play today I crashed twice in same round, so restart computer and perfect the rest of the day. Not bad for 20 rounds of play. Crashes frequency seems to correlate pretty heavily with map you are playing on.

elyetis

remember when metro BF3 beta had alot more craters u can hide in? (that wasnt just in my head right? so long ago)
You could actually make big crater yourself ( heck even make whole trench I think ). BF3 alpha actually had the good ( even if buggy ) destruction, a better netcode/hitreg, and no blue filter ( don't remember if the sun was already a nova in alpha ).

Spl1nter

You could actually make big crater yourself ( heck even make whole trench I think ). BF3 alpha actually had the good ( even if buggy ) destruction, a better netcode/hitreg, and no blue filter ( don't remember if the sun was already a nova in alpha ).

You can do that now again in BF4. Some maps are filled with potholes everywhere after a while.

TheZink

Serious question. Was it ever decided which version between Xbox and PlayStation 4 the better version? I'm asking because I have the PS4 version and I'm tired of all crashes and I have an Xbox one coming Friday. I was thinking about switching copies. I'm talking graphics and frame rate wise? Thanks guys.

Grief.exe

Why isn't the media talking about how broken this game is?
I cant even get past the load screen without crashing now.

The media is motivated to continue the quid pro quo relationship with the publishers, that is why we only hear crickets.

Serious question. Was it ever decided which version between Xbox and PlayStation 4 the better version? I'm asking because I have the PS4 version and I'm tired of all crashes and I have an Xbox one coming Friday. I was thinking about switching copies. I'm talking graphics and frame rate wise? Thanks guys.

They will likely have the same issues. PS4 should, theoretically, have the higher resoultion and framerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom