• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camper182

Preload is up, 24.4GB.

GMG or the Mexican trick I believe. GMG is around $48 (for US only) and if you go the VPN route you can buy it for $40 USD on the Mexican Origin store.

am i going to get banned for doing this? i vaguely remember this happening with people who bought BF3 via VPN

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Was it ever explained why you can't level a map like BFBC2. Seems really stupid the older game and an old engine is able to do this and all later iterations you can't.

Nekrono

am i going to get banned for doing this? i vaguely remember this happening with people who bought BF3 via VPN

If people do get banned it would be just from future purchases through the Origin store, you won't be banned from your games and you will still be able to redeem keys from Amazon, GMG, etc.

MadSexual

PC-wise, how tolerant of new players is the community? I don't suck at shooters, but I don't have teh mad sjillz either. I usually avoid squad based games because I don't want to spoil experienced players efforts. Games like DOTA2 are completely out of the question for me. Can I learn the game in a reasonable time without becoming hated on every server?

I want to take part in something that everyone else will be enjoying this year, so I was thinking of using the GMG code and getting in. I just want to know if I'll be driven out with pitchforks.

HariKari

PC-wise, how tolerant of new players is the community? I don't suck at shooters, but I don't have teh mad sjillz either. I usually avoid squad based games because I don't want to spoil experienced players efforts. Games like DOTA2 are completely out of the question for me. Can I learn the game in a reasonable time without becoming hated on every server?

I want to take part in something that everyone else will be enjoying this year, so I was thinking of using the GMG code and getting in. I just want to know if I'll be driven out with pitchforks.

There's no real expectation that new players be good at gunfighting, but you absolutely will be expected to fulfill your class roll. Not dropping ammo or health when teammates badly need it is a good way to get yelled at. There's a test range for vehicles now, so practice there before you take 5 teammates to a watery grave in the transport chopper.

Move towards objectives and shoot towards the general direction of the enemy and you will be fine. You can be the worst shooter in the world but people will smother you in love if you are a reliable medic or ammo dispenser.

Spl1nter

Was it ever explained why you can't level a map like BFBC2. Seems really stupid the older game and an old engine is able to do this and all later iterations you can't.

Because they decided to have maps that dont turn into a complete clusterfuck, have a sense of proper flow outside of forced chokepoints and have more than 3 building assets so they look different.

The only good conquest map in BC2 had the least amount of destruction (Panama Canal).

Z_Y

Hype is getting to me and I'm not sure I can hold off to 11/15.

I know PS3 stats carry over to PS4 but does it work the other way too? I guess what I'm asking is can I level up my profile regardless of which platform I'm playing on? Back and forth between PS3 and PS4 or is it just a one time transfer.

PS3 is going in the bedroom and it would be a nice feature.

Overdoziz

Banned
Maps not longer consist of the same small building copied and pasted a hundred times. Without complete destruction DICE also keeps more control over the flow and balance of the map.

HariKari

Got my email. Deluxe preloading now.

Hint for when the game goes live; don't open all your battlepacks right away. The game senses what you prefer class wise and gears pack drops towards that. I tested it with several accounts during the beta. So if you absolutely hate recon, don't open your packs until you've played some assault or support, for example.

Nekrono

To buy or not to buy... Beta didn't run all too well on my rig, and tbh, I kinda liked BF3 gameplay more.

General consensus is even the beta felt much much better than BF3, both level design and gameplay wise, everything feels improved.

Could it have been that it wasn't running that well on your PC? If so you might want to consider that the beta was a 4 month old build, final game should be more refined and you should expect better performance.

Kssio_Aug

For those who played Beta on PS3. You think it will orth buyinh PS3 game, and then upgrade to PS4 game, or its better just wait the next-gen edition?

Just got an email from Origin saying that my BF4 pre-load is available but once I'm in the client it says pre-load becomes available on the 28th at 6am.

zychi

Banned
Does anyone know if the PC version of BF4 natively supports the Xbox 360 controller properly? BF3/BFBC2 were a mess and required Xpadder and/or another key mapper to use the controller in campaign (QTEs wouldn't map to the X360 controller). I don't know why DICE insist on not supporting such a basic feature. If anyone can answer this, it would be greatly appreciated!

The beta did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom