• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

HariKari

wow 23gb to to preload.
Quick Q. Should I install it in my SSD or HDD? only got 50gb left on my SSD.
Will installing it on the SSD make the loading faster or anything also will it less lag online or any kind of difference in the gameplay?

It will take about ten seconds from clicking join game to being able to spawn on an SSD. Definitely worth it.

wow 23gb to to preload.
Quick Q. Should I install it in my SSD or HDD? only got 50gb left on my SSD.
Will installing it on the SSD make the loading faster or anything also will it less lag online or any kind of difference in the gameplay?

Do you want dibs on vehicles?

8,057 kills
12.0% accuracy (I love playing support and suppressing)
112 Hours Played
610 SPM

Also, fun fact - over 700 kills with the 1911. I have more kills with the 1911 than any other weapon in the game! That pistol is seriously OP.

zychi

Banned
Are the servers up yet? Managed to get a ps3 copy today for my friend, and I'd like to play some MP on it until he comes and picks it up. I'm going PC and am currently pre-loading too.

Is Canada not included in the "North American" pre-load launch time?

Canada is included in the pre-load. I'm in Calgary and I've download a little over 6 GB so far.

Heh. I take pride in my BF3 playtime.

EvenSteven_zps90641c09.jpg~original

I had it perfectly sectioned off for awhile, but it got a little skewed towards support from playing smaller maps.

Yowza, thats more than my franchise time I think, and I own all the BF games. :)

8,057 kills
12.0% accuracy (I love playing support and suppressing)
112 Hours Played
610 SPM

Also, fun fact - over 700 kills with the 1911. I have more kills with the 1911 than any other weapon in the game! That pistol is seriously OP.

For me, the knife is the most. The only weapon over 225 kills for me (387).

How many other people like me try to use all 4 classes evenly?

Shaking my head people getting most of their kills with their knife. Yer got bullets damn it!

I like to even out all my guns. Get them to 100. Then when I get all the primary weapons to 100. I then start on them again to go to 200. But the knife is always there. Stealth kill, no noise making and so on.

HariKari

I like to even out all my guns. Get them to 100. Then when I get all the primary weapons to 100. I then start on them again to go to 200. But the knife is always there. Stealth kill, no noise making and so on.

Knife kills get your teammates killed most of the time. If a guy is shooting, shoot him.

I only started playing BF3 a couple months ago. I actually only have like 10 more hours played in BF3 than I did in the BF4 Beta.

PC:
@ 52 hours
Kills 1736
15.2% Accuracy
S/M - 486
W/L - 1.5
K/D - 1.21

I pretty much only play Assault and Engineer. I love reppin', healing and reviving.

My top 2 weapons are:
F2000 - 389
A-91 - 344

It was rough in the beginning though. I hadn't played an online shooter seriously in a long long time and there are so many high level colonels out there. I feel confident now though that I'll do fine in BF4.

Overdoziz

Banned
i play with a gun until i get all the unlocks, (or pistols to 500 kills) then i move on to the next one. some guns have much higher amount than that due to gun master and scavenger...
I did that for a while (well, up to a 100 kills), but eventually I just got frustrated trying to force myself into using all weapons so I ended up mostly using the ones that I enjoyed using. Made for a much more pleasant experience. :)

While we're posting stats:
521H 35M played
663 S/M
2.79 W/L
2.3 K/D
17.4% accuracy

40,654 kills
5,352 kills with the 870MCS
3,529 kills with the AS VAL (RIP)

Mazdarati

Neo Member
i play with a gun until i get all the unlocks, (or pistols to 500 kills) then i move on to the next one. some guns have much higher amount than that due to gun master and scavenger...

Same here. Got 77 weapons with at least 100 kills and 54 weapons with at least 500 kills.
41,000 kills
1.84 k/d
19.2% accuracy

Still can't hang with the guys from PC gaf...unreal how good they are.

Kssio_Aug

How is Battlefield 4 runnig at GTX 570?
Someone played it when the Beta was open?

Im deciding if I buy it for PC, or wait for the PS4 version.

Ultryx

I have a 560ti that's OC'd and after the last patch they put in for the beta, it was running a LOT better. I'm not sure what my frames were, but well over 30fps. The settings were mostly medium, with a few on high @ 1080p.

Same here. Got 77 weapons with at least 100 kills and 54 weapons with at least 500 kills.
41,000 kills
1.84 k/d
19.2% accuracy

Still can't hang with the guys from PC gaf...unreal how good they are.

I'm on PC with a 1.42 K/D. Really not used to a keyboard and mouse?

You guys have soooo much more time put into the game than me lol.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
I'm on PC with a 1.42 K/D. Really not used to a keyboard and mouse?

You guys have soooo much more time put into the game than me lol.

Sorry, should have said I'm on PC as well. Kb/m is much more natural for me than a controller. I was just saying that when I play with the PC crew, I can't keep up with them.(Minty, Splinters, Scogoth, Butterstick)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Same, and I still have more knife kills on console than I do guns. On PC it's different because I rather shoot the bastard than fumble for the F key. :/

I was pretty much Jack the Ripper in BF3 on PS3 for a while. Going for knives and flanking as fast as I could.

206 hours
SPM: 839
KD: 2.26
WL: 3.04
Accuracy: 16%
over 13,000 revives
Yes, I'm a revive whore and proud of it!

Just out of curiosity, how many people are getting this for current gen and next gen?

Moosebox

Neo Member

1080p, mostly medium settings, high Textures. Got about 40-50 FPS. It did get a lot better towards the last few days of beta with some BF4 patches and nvidia drivers. Nvidia just release new drivers too, which I think will make it even better. Just installed windows 8, which is suppose to give 5-10 fps better performance then win7.

So I'm pretty happy with my gtx 570. I'm thinking mid-to-high settings @ 1080p will get me anywhere from 40-50 FPS consistently, and maybe higher once they optimize the game.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Same, and I still have more knife kills on console than I do guns. On PC it's different because I rather shoot the bastard than fumble for the F key. :/

I was pretty much Jack the Ripper in BF3 on PS3 for a while. Going for knives and flanking as fast as I could.

That's why I assigned the knife and grenade to the thumb buttons on my mouse.

friday

My stats are pretty weak compared to some of you.

144hr and 15min
392 SPM
1.18 k/d
7,908 kills
663.32 skill
683.46 meters is my longest headshot

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's why I assigned the knife and grenade to the thumb buttons on my mouse.

Mouse 4 and 5 is kit item 1-2 for me. Gotta have that auto-deployment of medikits and ammoboxes.

BC2 PC uses mouse-wheel as melee, which is just awkward as hell to use. I don't like clicking the mouse-wheel at all in any game. :/ PoE is making me do it for some skills and I loathe it.

In any case:

(PS3)
TIME PLAYED
457H 36M

SCORE / MIN - 619
(Global) ACCURACY - 21.0%
K/D RATIO - 1.6

Top Weapons
1 ACB-90 - 1262 Kills
2 M240B - 614 Kills
3 P90 - 605 Kills
4 QBB-95 - 580 Kills
5 PDW-R - 539 Kills

(PC)
TIME PLAYED
55H 19M

SCORE / MIN - 714 (DAT 2XP)
K/D RATIO - 0.96
(Global) ACCURACY - 18.5%

Top Weapons
1 AEK-971 - 240 Kills
2 A-91 - 194 Kills
3 MP7 - 184 Kills
4 M240B - 157 Kills
5 G53 - 156 Kills

Moosebox

Neo Member
Mouse 4 and 5 is kit item 1-2 for me. Gotta have that auto-deployment of medikits and ammoboxes.

BC2 PC uses mouse-wheel as melee, which is just awkward as hell to use. I don't like clicking the mouse-wheel at all in any game. :/ PoE is making me do it for some skills and I loathe it.

Middle mouse is grenade for me, mouse 4-5 are kits just like you. Also have a thumb mouse button for knife, and one for push-to-talk.
Mouse wheel up for Primary weapon, mouse wheel down for pistol. This makes it easy to switch when in a firefight, or switch back to primary weapon when I use a gadget.

Tekku

What key do you guys use for prone? I've tried several setups and I think the Alt key is the most comfortable one so far.

T seems to be used more now with taclights, laser sights, variable zoom and so on. I'm thinking about where I should put it cuz I don't like using T at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom