• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hint for when the game goes live; don't open all your battlepacks right away. The game senses what you prefer class wise and gears pack drops towards that. I tested it with several accounts during the beta. So if you absolutely hate recon, don't open your packs until you've played some assault or support, for example.

That's good to know, thanks! Looks like I'll frontload some Engineer and Support before opening those packs.

kidko

Hint for when the game goes live; don't open all your battlepacks right away. The game senses what you prefer class wise and gears pack drops towards that. I tested it with several accounts during the beta. So if you absolutely hate recon, don't open your packs until you've played some assault or support, for example.

Interesting. I played a shitload of Engineer, got star etc, and barely touched the other classes yet my packs gave me support LMG crap.

nutella

Neo Member
For those wondering/worrying, I just pre-ordered a digital copy from Amazon and immediately received the CD-key. Preloading now.

HariKari

Interesting. I played a shitload of Engineer, got star etc, and barely touched the other classes yet my packs gave me support LMG crap.

I tested it by playing only one class on several accounts. The game would only drop unlocks for those weapons until you had unlocked most everything. The gold battlepacks contained a pile of shit that isn't terribly useful, but there's supposed to be one or two usable unlocks inside in addition to the XP boosts.

Nori Chan

Great advice. I love recon tho. Is there a certain level you recommend to start opening them?

kidko

I tested it by playing only one class on several accounts. The game would only drop unlocks for those weapons until you had unlocked most everything. The gold battlepacks contained a pile of shit that isn't terribly useful, but there's supposed to be one or two usable unlocks inside in addition to the XP boosts.

I'm glad to hear it. Hopefully my beta experience was just a fluke. I'd love to get mostly engineer-centric stuff from those packs.

Leb

I'm not sure your sample size is large enough to support such a conclusion; or has DICE said something to this effect?

From my personal experience, I only played Engineer during the beta and received unlocks for Assault/Support in my Battlepacks.

Heh. I take pride in my BF3 playtime.

EvenSteven_zps90641c09.jpg~original

I had it perfectly sectioned off for awhile, but it got a little skewed towards support from playing smaller maps.

HariKari

From my personal experience, I only played Engineer during the beta and received unlocks for Assault/Support in my Battlepacks.

Did you play any assault or support? I literally only played one class and avoided the others to test it out.

Heh. I take pride in my BF3 playtime.

I had it perfectly sectioned off for awhile, but it got a little skewed towards support from playing smaller maps.

I play everything as well, so I don't intend to game the system. But I had to pick, I'd gladly pass up recon unlocks until I've got assault and support pretty well handled.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Battlepacks are RANDOM, they aren't weighted. You're just being lucky in getting one class over the others.

HariKari

Battlepacks are RANDOM, they aren't weighted. You're just being lucky in getting one class over the others.

Not truly random. There are weapon specific battlepacks, and I'd imagine the battlepacks you earn in the early levels are geared towards early unlocks. It wouldn't make sense to get a reflex site for the last unlockable AR at level 3. Gold battlepacks are likely random.

Tekku

I'll be opening them one at a time. Opening the next one when the exp boosts from the previous one expire.

Several XP bonuses will be saved, and activated at any given time. You won't lose them when opening new packs with new bonuses.

Good to know. I prefer Assault for the medic abilities.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Several XP bonuses will be saved, and activated at any given time. You won't lose them when opening new packs with new bonuses.

I know that. But by preventing myself from opening a new pack until I used the bonus will prevent me from forgetting to use the bonuses like I did for most of beta.

Just for fun, what was your accuracy in how many kills in BF3?

12,183 Kills
19.5% Accuracy

Plus, the most kills I have with a weapon in the knife (387 kills).

luiztfc

Jesus, anyone experiencing TERRIBLE download speeds from the Origin client? I have a 50/35 Mbps connection and I'm getting 155 KB/s downloads (ETA 45 hours). I realize that living in Brazil must affect that, but I usually get 5.5 MB/s on Steam...

Is there any way to change the DL server? Or do anyone have the direct download link? Perhaps I can get better speed using orbit (download acelerator).

bf4thelonghalloween.png

Tekku

Just for fun, what was your accuracy in how many kills in BF3?

12,183 Kills
19.5% Accuracy

Plus, the most kills I have with a weapon in the knife (387 kills).

28,236 kills and 13,3% accuracy. I like to suppress the enemy, nuff said. :T

Most kills with G3A3 - 2,211.

Marvel

could never
In BF3 on 360 I have:

175 hours played

16.6% accuracy

19,244 kills

Weapon with the most kills G3A3 with 2661.

But only 189 dogtags taken :(

Benutzer

Jesus, anyone experiencing TERRIBLE download speeds from the Origin client? I have a 50/35 Mbps connection and I'm getting 155 KB/s downloads (ETA 45 hours). I realize that living in Brazil must affect that, but I usually get 5.5 MB/s on Steam...

Is there any way to change the DL server? Or do anyone have the direct download link? Perhaps I can get better speed using orbit (download acelerator).

bf4thelonghalloween.png

must be your location, i get max dl speed on the same connection speed but i'm in europe

Anyone have premium and does it say its unlocked? I put in my code last night but I was tired and forgot if it went through, doesn't show as activated in my game list and when I put the code in now it says it was registered already, just double checking.

HariKari

Anyone have premium and does it say its unlocked? I put in my code last night but I was tired and forgot if it went through, doesn't show as activated in my game list and when I put the code in now it says it was registered already, just double checking.

If you right click BF4 > show game details, it should be there under expansions. It should also show up on your battlelog feed.

Any pilots who played the beta care to weigh in on the flight modelling? Did they stick with the BF3 flight model or go back to a more flight sim style BF2 flight model?

I loved the aircraft in 1942 and 2, and was quite a good pilot. But the BF3 flight model for the jets just never felt right to me, especially when using a flight stick. Even after getting used to mouse and keyboard, I didn't fly jets much simply because it felt wrong. Too much Falcon 4.0 and SWOTL back when I was a kid I suppose.

Edit: Should specify if it isn't obvious, I mean on the PC. No clue how flying with a controller feels.

Killer

Banned
I received like 15 requests to join neogaf platoon. Is it in the op?

Too bad platoons won't be available on bf4 launch. They will add it sometime in 2014.

kakashi08

wow 23gb to to preload.
Quick Q. Should I install it in my SSD or HDD? only got 50gb left on my SSD.
Will installing it on the SSD make the loading faster or anything also will it less lag online or any kind of difference in the gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom