• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonz72

I posted this in the PS4 BF4 thread and felt it should be posted here as well.

I truly feel that EA should refund Premium memberships and make it free for everyone.
It would be an olive branch to those that are suffering through the broken period and it would lower the barrier of entry for others that want to join later in the lifecycle.

Also because someone is bound to spout off about how stupid we are for pre-ordering,
I say this:

No Battlefield game has been as broken as BF4 at launch. They all have a period of adjustment, but never before has it been this bad. I pre-ordered AFTER playing the Beta which I greatly disliked, because I assumed it would be like the BF3 beta and not an be actual representation of the final product.

We are not slack-jawed fanboys with glazed over eyes, but true fans of the Battlefield franchise and would like to see DICE do well and continue to produce games, therefore we are not above buying a premium service as well as paying full price for their games day one. We knew there would be a few issues at launch, but never expected something like this. We enthusiastically supported DICE and now we ask DICE and EA to support us, the true fans.

I know this is wishful thinking, but damn, some companies really seem to care about fans these days (Sony and even MS) so COME ON EA, IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR IMAGE DO THE RIGHT THING FOR THE FANS OF YOUR BIGGEST SHOOTER FRANCHISE!

ThisOne

Uh, is anyone else getting what looks like more than double xp today? My past 6 games or so have been kinda crazy.

Gained 4-5 levels in under an hour.

I think I am too on PS4. Everytime I get experiences there's a little arrow pointing up next to the number which I guess is indicating double XP or whatever.

todahawk

Speaking of XP, I'm assuming boosts from battlepacks are temporary? I have one waiting to be used but I don't recall it saying how long it lasts or anything.

added. love your gravatar

holy shit and your player emblem... how did you make that fett insignia?

Thanks! That symbol was fairly simple, compared to the red Mandalorian skull I was originally attempting :-|

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'll accept your request when I get home, think I'm at the friend limit right now.

I truly feel that EA should refund Premium memberships and make it free for everyone.
It would be an olive branch to those that are suffering through the broken period and it would lower the barrier of entry for others that want to join later in the lifecycle.

Also because someone is bound to spout off about how stupid we are for pre-ordering,
I say this:

No Battlefield game has been as broken as BF4 at launch. They all have a period of adjustment, but never before has it been this bad. I pre-ordered AFTER playing the Beta which I greatly disliked, because I assumed it would be like the BF3 beta and not an be actual representation of the final product.

We are not slack-jawed fanboys with glazed over eyes, but true fans of the Battlefield franchise and would like to see DICE do well and continue to produce games, therefore we are not above buying a premium service as well as paying full price for their games day one. We knew there would be a few issues at launch, but never expected something like this. We enthusiastically supported DICE and now we ask DICE and EA to support us, the true fans.

I know this is wishful thinking, but damn, some companies really seem to care about fans these days (Sony and even MS) so COME ON EA, IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR IMAGE DO THE RIGHT THING FOR THE FANS OF YOUR BIGGEST SHOOTER FRANCHISE!

I pretty much agree with everything you said, but it's not going to happen. Much more likely to be gifted some XP bonuses or something that doesn't cost them anything, haha.

scogoth

I say this:

EA likes money too much. They have shown repeatedly that the would rather have your money now than have you a customer for life.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You plan on getting a PS4 Seks?

Has Yoshida announced a date for Uncharted 4 and FFvsXIII? Yes? Has the online play stopped being behind a rental service paywall? No?

Maybe. But not to play Battlefield and even then Yoshida and company would have to convince me to leave Gabe's stable now.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
I just unlocked the JDAM bomb, and boy is it a joke. You could have unlocked the ability to chuck RGO grenades out of the cockpit and it would probably do more damage.

Facism

battlefield, prepare to get 75,000 points in a round after awards, look at battlelog and see 50,000 points are missing -_-

DarkFlow

Banned
I think you can unlock it still. Got it yesterday myself.

Here's the rest of the unlocks for anyone that's interested and you need to get everything except the ribbons in a single round.

L85A2
Assault ribbon x3
Get a kill with a pistol in a round
Get a kill with 40mm grenade in a round
Get a kill with the defibrillator in a round

L96A1
Sniper ribbon x3
Get a kill with a shotgun in a round
Get a kill with a DMR in a round
Get a kill with C4 in a round

MTAR-21
Get a kill with an AR
Get a kill with a LMG
Get a kill with a Sniper Rifle
Get a kill with a grenade

RPK-74M
LMG ribbon 3x
Get a kill with the M224 Mortar

MP7
Anti Vehicle Ribbon x3
Destroy an air vehicle with portable AA

I think you need to have premium or China Rising at least. I did the MTAR one in a round and got nodda since I just have the base game.

AHA-Lambda

How buggy is the game on 360?

I'm planning to get this on 360 for my dad's xmas, and the talk of issues on PS4 has gotten me worried.

J-P

Neo Member

I say this:

Also posted in the other thread that we need to get a hashtag going and add it to the thread title. Someone also needs to list who should receive the tweets.

#BF4broken or #fixBF4 or whatever

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Has Yoshida announced a date for Uncharted 4 and FFvsXIII? Yes? Has the online play stopped being behind a rental service paywall? No?

Maybe. But not to play Battlefield and even then Yoshida and company would have to convince me to leave Gabe's stable now.
But how are we gonna play together now? Remember the BFBC2 and BF3 days?
TheSeks pls ;_;

Dmented

Banned
Glad I got this for free with my GPU. I feel bad for those who bought this full price in it's current state. The bugs and shitty level design (Looking at you Operation Locker) can be pretty bad.

daevv

Does the points needed to unlock new guns double during the XP events or just your Rank XP? Thinking about the trophy for 45 kills with the M1911. The trophy itself is not hard it's just the grind to unlocking the M1911.

todd360

I say this:

I wanted to get premium this time but their is no way i'm giving them money until this gets fixed.

a916

I say this:

I hope they will but expecting them to give out a full years worth of DLC is kinda pushing it... maybe throw in Second Assault free or something along with other things... but I do hope they do something because this is unacceptable.

TheSeks

But how are we gonna play together now? Remember the BFBC2 and BF3 days?
TheSeks pls ;_;

Oh, I remember them. But I have standards.

Start a twitter campaign to fill Yoshida and company's inbox with #PS4FreeOnline or something instead of campaigning the DRM and maybe things would've been different.

But as it is:

-Free online
-TEXT CHAT IN ALL GAMES

Has reminded me why I have missed PC gaming for a while.

Facism

Yes! Wiped a whole squad of Recons with the Defibs on a zavod rooftop!

Got sniped by another recon before i could finish typing "dominat....."

Orlandu84

Starting this afternoon, my Battlefield 4 client keep crashing to my desktop. It crashes when the game is loading; it crashes when I am playing a level. It even crashes on the post level score screen. I am playing on a PC, and I was not having this issue yesterday. Did something change server side?

Dug

Banned
RL5iQCf.jpg

:\

TheSeks

http://i.imgur.com/RL5iQCf.jpg

:\

Yeah, happens when the bomb hits water/bomb carrier dies in water.

It's annoying, but a bug. It didn't happen like that in the beta.

I picked up my copy of BF4 for Xbox One at Gamestop and had the LE version pre-ordered and I'm pretty sure I got the regular one. I opened it just to be sure and sure enough no code inside for China Rising. Did this happen to anyone else? I'll bring it back tonight when I pick it up so their counts aren't wrong.

TheSeks

I picked up my copy of BF4 for Xbox One at Gamestop and had the LE version pre-ordered and I'm pretty sure I got the regular one. I opened it just to be sure and sure enough no code inside for China Rising. Did this happen to anyone else? I'll bring it back tonight when I pick it up so their counts aren't wrong.

If it doesn't mention China Rising on the box, you don't get it.

Iskander

Neo Member
Are most people on PC using in-game voice chat or an external application? I hardly ever hear anyone talk - so I assume they're either lone-wolfing it or using TeamSpeak or whatever. The game is fucking lonely without talking!

Yesterday the game didn't work well at all - crashed three or four times - but today I reinstalled on to my SSD and updated my sound drivers and things seem better. I played for two hours without a problem (and faster loading times - I'm the first one in now LOL).

sflufan

Banned
Are most people on PC using in-game voice chat or an external application? I hardly ever hear anyone talk - so I assume they're either lone-wolfing it or using TeamSpeak or whatever. The game is fucking lonely without talking!

Yesterday the game didn't work well at all - crashed three or four times - but today I reinstalled on to my SSD and updated my sound drivers and things seem better. I played for two hours without a problem (and faster loading times - I'm the first one in now LOL).

With my squad I use VOIP, but if I have to communicate with other clan mates who are not in the squad, I use Vent.

TheSeks

Nobody playing Obliteration on PC. *shakes head* Everyone sitting in Battlelog...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom