• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've been thinking of dropping the "all items are on mouse wheel" for the Halo-style two-weapon switch but I dunno... there's times where switching from pistol to kit item 1/medkit and quickly throwing it has been kinda useful...

Kssio_Aug

I have a 560ti that's OC'd and after the last patch they put in for the beta, it was running a LOT better. I'm not sure what my frames were, but well over 30fps. The settings were mostly medium, with a few on high @ 1080p.

I'd just wait until you see official benchmarks after launch.

1080p, mostly medium settings, high Textures. Got about 40-50 FPS. It did get a lot better towards the last few days of beta with some BF4 patches and nvidia drivers. Nvidia just release new drivers too, which I think will make it even better. Just installed windows 8, which is suppose to give 5-10 fps better performance then win7.

So I'm pretty happy with my gtx 570. I'm thinking mid-to-high settings @ 1080p will get me anywhere from 40-50 FPS consistently, and maybe higher once they optimize the game.

Thanks a lot for the aswers!

I believe then it will run pretty nice here. I play at 720p (my TV is not FULL HD).
I will see if I buy a PS3 version to upgrade later to PS4 (I have some friends to play at PSN), or if I buy the PC version then... but I may buy Origin PC version anyway.

kidko

Total noob compared to you bros but I'm looking forward to leveling up as a player this time by picking up premium, playing a lot more and teaming up with you guys when possible. murda murda murda kill kill kill

Tekku

Total noob compared to you bros but I'm looking forward to leveling up as a player this time by picking up premium, playing a lot more and teaming up with you guys when possible. murda murda murda kill kill kill

Being a beginner has its charm. Sure, it can be quite tough when it feels like everyone is going against you, but Battlefield is quite forgiving in that regard. You can just follow your squad mates (and hope that they know what they're doing) and play more defensively while you try to work out the controls. And if you want to get a feel for the vehicles there's the new training camp map. :)

When I started playing on PC I could barely press the 3 and 4 key. But now I can even use the 5th one with ease. :)

What key do you guys use for prone? I've tried several setups and I think the Alt key is the most comfortable one so far.

T seems to be used more now with taclights, laser sights, variable zoom and so on. I'm thinking about where I should put it cuz I don't like using T at all.

Since I use my mouse left handed and I use the arrow keys, I use 7 on the NUMPAD to go prone.

k4n3

Banned
ugh i cant even preload my copy of bf4 since it comes with my 290x witch wont be here till Monday... maybe i should of got it overnighted and i could of had some time playing around in BF3 with it :)

anyone know if the 290x comes with a code for BF4 or is it a disc, id have to assume its a code to dl it

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
My stats are pretty average... but I PTFO and have a knack for busting annoying vehicles, and it's been years now playing with gaf. They still all join my games/squad so I can't be too bad! haha

Hanzou

Did anyone get the GMG code to work today? It worked for me a couple days a go when I tested it but now that I want to buy it, it says it's invalid. It looks like it is still working for some people

kidko

Being a beginner has its charm. Sure, it can be quite tough when it feels like everyone is going against you, but Battlefield is quite forgiving in that regard. You can just follow your squad mates (and hope that they know what they're doing) and play more defensively while you try to work out the controls. And if you want to get a feel for the vehicles there's the new training camp map. :)

When I started playing on PC I could barely press the 3 and 4 key. But now I can even use the 5th one with ease. :)

Really looking forward to that training camp map for practicing choppers and jets. I wonder if there will be bots or anything to practice defensive maneuvers

Which keys do you use for spotting and vehicle entering?

I use Enter to spot and I use NUMPAD 1 for using anything (entering/exiting, defusing, planting, etc). NUMPAD 2 for grenade. Right shift for jump. Right control for crouch. Left mouse side button (ambidextrous mouse) for melee and the right mouse side button (that would be my thumb) is sprint. NUMPAD 0 is reload/switch kits.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Looks like everything is unlocked for use on training grounds... cool.

MadSexual

Did anyone get the GMG code to work today? It worked for me a couple days a go when I tested it but now that I want to buy it, it says it's invalid. It looks like it is still working for some people

Use TAREM-BF4NA-BOOM1. The promo in the reward email didn't work for me.

Hanzou

Use TAREM-BF4NA-BOOM1. The promo in the reward email didn't work for me.

Got it to work, had to manually enter the code, copy and paste did not work.

OK, just to confirm. The game ships with 10 maps, is that correct? all game modes playable on them?

Xyber

I tried out that reset thing just for the heck of it one time and these are my stats for the past 50 hours.
bLYlBmu.png

My "real" stats for all time.
If there's a tank on the map, it's my job to blow it up!
C2iVIJw.png

Overdoziz

Banned
Love the variety of knives. Hope I can run around with my shank out.
That reminds me, I hate how you keep your knife in your hand if you hold the knife button for too long on console. There have been numerous times where I've tried knifing someone, but where it didn't do the animation so I was just standing there like a dumb-ass waiting to knife again. Please just make it always switch back to my weapon so I can shoot if the animation doesn't take. How often do you honestly want to run with a knife in your hand anyway? At the least make it a toggle in the options.

Xyber

Anyone know if there's a way to start pre-loading here from EU? I tried starting Origin with Spotflux running, since that works for Steam. But, nope. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Love the variety of knives. Hope I can run around with my shank out.

DOS KNIVES AND DAT COMBAT MEDIC PERK.

HNNNG. DICE listens to me. I can throw an extra bag out, heal people from vehicles, AND sprint-faster? MMMM... yes.

NIN90

What key do you guys use for prone? I've tried several setups and I think the Alt key is the most comfortable one so far.

T seems to be used more now with taclights, laser sights, variable zoom and so on. I'm thinking about where I should put it cuz I don't like using T at all.
I use X ever since WolfET.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
That reminds me, I hate how you keep your knife in your hand if you hold the knife button for too long on console. There have been numerous times where I've tried knifing someone, but where it didn't do the animation so I was just standing there like a dumb-ass waiting to knife again. Please just make it always switch back to my weapon so I can shoot if the animation doesn't take. How often do you honestly want to run with a knife in your hand anyway? At the least make it a toggle in the options.

They'd do better to remove the quick-knife entirely. Leave that shit out of Battlefield.

I want to preload so bad but my voucher comes Tuesday with my video card.

If I buy on Origin now would I be able to preload and then get a refund?

derFeef

Here is my key setup, be enlightened, or frightened (on QWERTZ) .

R - forward
A - back
E - strafe left
T - strafe right
Z - mellee
F - use
G - grenade
Q - spot
Y - prone
SB - jump
MMB - duck.

MJLord

R - forward
A - back
E - strafe left
T - strafe right
Z - mellee
F - use
G - grenade
Q - spot
Y - prone
SB - jump
MMB - duck.

Do you need help? This key setup has to be a cry for help xD If you don't mind me asking why is this key setup better for you? I'm tempted to try :p

derFeef

Do you need help? This key setup has to be a cry for help xD If you don't mind me asking why is this key setup better for you? I'm tempted to try :p

I have long fingers, WASD is very uncomfortable to me. AERT is much less cramped and I have all 5 fingers on keys, ready to go.

Lakitu

st5fu
The stream is boring. The guy pretty much rage quits every interesting conquest match and plays TDM / Domination constantly, which both look dull. They're really not for me.

Hrhr, it's very natural, just rest the fingers/hand on your keyboard :)
I am using that setup since forever in FPS.

I've tried for about 10 minutes to picture this setup with my keyboard in front of me and i just can't. It genuinely fucks with my mind. My fingers feel as coherent as they do when hitting an MDMA high.

Ultryx

I use Z.

R - forward
A - back
E - strafe left
T - strafe right
Z - mellee
F - use
G - grenade
Q - spot
Y - prone
SB - jump
MMB - duck.

You leave! Right now you blasphemous heathen! Lol. I tried holding my fingers over those keys and I just don't think I could do it!

Looking at the campaign stream and for about five minutes I didn't even realize it was campaign. It seems like they've done a lot to make single player play the same as multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom