• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leb

Here is my key setup, be enlightened, or frightened (on QWERTZ) .

R - forward
A - back
E - strafe left
T - strafe right
Z - mellee
F - use
G - grenade
Q - spot
Y - prone
SB - jump
MMB - duck.

Interesting. I'm 6'8", have enormous hands and can't use WASD for any length of time without my hand cramping up. Instead, I just use EADF to try to avoid wasting an extra finger covering forward and backwards simultaneously and use my weakest finger (the ring finger) to cycle between W, S for my most frequently accessed actions.

The only downside I see to our setups is that we both lose shift for sprint.

derFeef

Interesting. I'm 6'8", have enormous hands and can't use WASD for any length of time without my hand cramping up. Instead, I just use EADF to try to avoid wasting an extra finger covering forward and backwards simultaneously and use my weakest finger (the ring finger) to cycle between W, S for my most frequently accessed actions.

The only downside I see to our setups is that we both lose shift for sprint.

Yeah I see EADF a lot too, or other variants. I forgot sprint, which I use the thumb button on my mouse for.
to clarify -
pinky: a
ring: e
middle: r
point: t
thumb: spacebar

Lakitu

st5fu
Seems (MP spoiler I guess?)
the large village in Golmud Railway is fully destructible ala BC 2 going by this domination footage.

Here is my key setup, be enlightened, or frightened (on QWERTZ) .

R - forward
A - back
E - strafe left
T - strafe right
Z - mellee
F - use
G - grenade
Q - spot
Y - prone
SB - jump
MMB - duck.
770.gif

This....is impossible? Just gave it a run with BF3.....no thank you lol.

NIN90

http://replygif.net/i/770.gif[/MG]

This....is impossible? Just gave it a run with BF3.....no thank you lol.[/QUOTE]

What's so hard for everyone to understand about this control scheme?
Middle, index and ring finger on E-R-T and the pinky on A. Keep in mind that the placement of Z is swapped with Y because he's using a German keyboard.

derFeef

What's so hard for everyone to understand about this control scheme?
Middle, index and ring finger on E-R-T and the pinky on A. Keep in mind that the placement of Z is swapped with Y because he's using a German keyboard.

hah, I was just wondering if people put their middle finger on A or something.
Anyway, not trying to convince anybody, it's just more comfy for me due to long fingers.

In the beta I wanted to bind spot to mouse4, and melee to mouse5, but was unable to. Nothing happened when I pressed the buttons. I assume this will be fixed when it goes live or I'll be livid.

NIN90

I played with someone for years in a CoD2 team who used LMB for forward, RMB for backwards and Enter for shooting. He was damn good actually.

Edit: And I think we've found the real weirdo!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Watched a little bit of SP... looked pretty fun. At least what I saw.

synce

Why is it so hard to get a headshot in this game? I've tried every sensitivity setting and they all suck. To be honest the only shooter I played on the PS3 was MGO but I didn't have any problems with aiming in that game. I'm wondering if BF4 just doesn't work well with the DS3

OrangeOak

Somebody knows where can I buy this game in europe for a good price?
I can buy it here in poland but I really don't want to play it with polish dubbing.
Maybe somebody knows if language is depended on region options set in origin?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why is it so hard to get a headshot in this game? I've tried every sensitivity setting and they all suck. To be honest the only shooter I played on the PS3 was MGO but I didn't have any problems with aiming in that game. I'm wondering if BF4 just doesn't work well with the DS3

Plays MGO

Wonders why he isn't getting headshots automatically

laughinggirls.jpg

MGO's auto-aim is horrendous and aims for the head in general. It's ALL the MGO "Pros" use, never manual aim. That's why. You were letting the game aim for you and the game's code was to aim at the head naturally.

Stantron

So do you have the controller suspended in the air, resting in your lap, or resting on the desk/some other nefarious device of your own design?

Right hand is on mouse like normal, left hand is holding the left half of 360 controller on my lap. Keyboard available if I need to type. Pretty simple.

TheSeks

Here's the hybrid control scheme I use because I hate using WASD for movement.

I've heard someone use that similar set-up in TF2 here, but I haven't ever used it. Seems too awkward and weird to me.

Leb

Right hand is on mouse like normal, left hand is holding the left half of 360 controller on my lap. Keyboard available if I need to type. Pretty simple.

Hmmm. The one place I've always wanted to try that is with a driving game, as that's the one time when you really need good analog control over your throttle.

TheSeks

I wonder if someone has hacked the PS Move's "navigation" controller to where you could use that instead of the 360 controller half. Would be more comfortable to hold, yeah?

Acinixys

1014h 27m played
651 S/M
1.96 W/L
1.57 K/D
18.4% accuracy

77,565 kills Total
7116 Kills with the FAMAS
3637 Kills with the .44

I have way to much free time for video games

Just a heads up to anyone who pre-ordered with gamestop for pc download, I had to email them to get my key.

Was just asking when the release of keys would happen and they just sent me my key flat out.

Could you not get it through the app? I downloaded and logged into the Gamestop app, but "My Games" is empty and no where on the site does it show that I ordered the game. Any help?

Stantron

I wonder if someone has hacked the PS Move's "navigation" controller to where you could use that instead of the 360 controller half. Would be more comfortable to hold, yeah?

I suppose that could work. But the way I hold the controller is pretty comfortable to be honest. I'm not holding the weight of the controller with one hand since it's resting on my lap... same place I would rest the PS moves nag controller if I were to use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom