• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

gossi

24422.6mb.

The game goes live for Singapore IP addresses in less than 24 hours. Just in case any of you happen to have a Singapore IP address.

Tak3n

Banned
are the release dates staggered? as mine says Preload on 29th, game live November 1st

is it not a world wide release?

Sethos

Banned
are the release dates staggered? as mine says Preload on 29th, game live November 1st

Nope

Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
NA October 29, 2013
BRA October 29, 2013
DE October 30, 2013
AU October 31, 2013
JP October 31, 2013
UK November 1, 2013
IND November 1, 2013
PHL November 6, 2013

Tekku

Nope

Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
NA October 29, 2013
BRA October 29, 2013
DE October 30, 2013
AU October 31, 2013
JP October 31, 2013
UK November 1, 2013
IND November 1, 2013
PHL November 6, 2013

So with all the different time zones in regard, what/which country/countries will actually get to play the game first?

Xyber

Nope, for some reason EA can't even do a worldwide release for fucking Battlefield. Made in Sweden, still can't have it on the same day as 'Murica!

Sethos

Banned
So with all the different time zones in regard, what/which country/countries will actually get to play the game first?

The Pacific Rim, I got a Korean VPN handy. They are opening sometime tomorrow.

On an unrelated note, anyone interested in a video of a level or something? Can do some 1440p recordings with the game maxed out or I'll just leave off the recorder if it has no interest.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Still, this wouldn't be an issue whatsoever if DICE allowed you to make changes in between matches. Being able to change loadouts then would be massively nice, also. Its super frustrating that you cant.

You can change loadouts whenever you want in battlelog.

Marvel

could never
Just as a clarification, I'd probably be going SP mainly as I don't want to fiddle around with MP through a proxy. Maybe check out that test range map.

Fine by me friend, don't care about the campaign spoiler wise. Looking forward to it.

Gibbo

24422.6mb.

The game goes live for Singapore IP addresses in less than 24 hours. Just in case any of you happen to have a Singapore IP address.

You sure? Thats a nice surprise- Im done with my preload and was initially expecting the game to unlock 11pm Tues SGT

Sethos

Banned
https://www.vpnsecure.me/servers/

And it has a $2, 2 day trial. Yeah thank me later.

Now I got unsure

24422.6mb.

He says less than 24 hours

it shows as 29hr 30mins more to go...?
origin speed here is crazy, 14mb/s!

He says around the same time as the Korean one

So what is it? Does Singapore open up before Korea?

sirap

SJ6l8cr.jpg

This is from the Singapore store, although I'm using a Malaysian IP.

Here's the hybrid control scheme I use because I hate using WASD for movement.

This is really cool. Does the pad side have actual analog movement or is it just emulating wasd? Does the game work with both in unison well? I've found a lot of games can take a second to switch between pad and kB/m mode which makes mixing them a bad idea.

Here is my BF4 setup with the Razer hydra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yBbDjY95GY

Norua

Banned
84h remaining with Korean VPN. Might as well wait for release.
SO. SLOW. (Fixed)

For those having the same problem:
1. Start the pre-load with VPN activated and wait for the download to start.
2. Disconnect your VPN while the DL is active and without closing or refreshing anything in Origin.
3. You'll be downloading with your connection while Origin still think you're in Korea.

RulkezX

Not confirmed, but I read elsewhere Simply aren't even getting their keys until the 31st.

So yeah, 25GB pre load with the majority of Europe on Thursday is going to fucking suck.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Battlefield puts CoD to shame, but CoD is breathtaking. Does that mean that Battlefield is so good, you just forget to breathe entirely?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not confirmed, but I read elsewhere Simply aren't even getting their keys until the 31st.

So yeah, 25GB pre load with the majority of Europe on Thursday is going to fucking suck.

I cancelled mine and used the Mexican Origin store to get it for €28, and then used http://www.justfreevpn.com/ to start the preload and just disconnected it.

Jord

Not good news. I tweeted them a few days ago asking when we can expect keys to go out, but no reply. I really hope they send keys before Thursday. I suppose the 54.99 deal for the game and Premium was maybe too good to be true.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BTW i saw a bit of the SP on X360 yesterday, it looks damn fine.

pleunv

Or just use FlyVPN for free and start the download and then disable the proxy and download at your max speed. ;)

That works? Strange. Tried that a few times yesterday with no luck.
Was under the impression they were blocking all connections coming from non-preload countries.

Afro

which Field Upgrade is everyone using?

think I'm gonna be forced to just run Offensive considering how rarely I see a support player or an ammo pack lying round. especially with the new annoying ammo pool system.

jet1911

Ordered a 280x 2 weeks ago, mainly to play BF4 maxed out, I received it this week and the card is DOA. I'm pissed off. I'll have to play with my crappy GTX560 for a week. :(

which Field Upgrade is everyone using?

think I'm gonna be forced to just run Offensive considering how rarely I see a support player or an ammo pack lying round. especially with the new annoying ammo pool system.

I was using offensive in the Beta and I don't think I'll change for the full game. Seemed to work well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom