• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odrion

Banned
I got really into BF3 only this year, and I took a break since the summer.

Still played 200 hours worth. Not that hard, there's a TON of content in that game.

Xyber

Sweet, pre-loading from EU now with the help of a Korean proxy. Just start the download with the proxy running and then you can turn it off and it will keep downloading. So now the game will unlock at 4PM on the 28th instead of whatever the EU release date was.

NIN90

Sweet, pre-loading from EU now with the help of a Korean proxy. Just start the download with the proxy running and then you can turn it off and it will keep downloading. So now the game will unlock at 4PM on the 28th instead of whatever the EU release date was.
Hmm I tried that earlier with a free US VPN and the download failed when I disabled the VPN. What VPN did you use?

Now that i think about it, I think I closed Origin before I disabled the VPN. So I should just disable it while the download is running?

Kssio_Aug

OMG look at that key bindings LOL
Now I trully believe that Steam Controller will come in handy.

Im not a hardcore PC player (I prefer to play on PS), and I always play with default commands and with a super basic mouse and keyboard kit! May thats why I am so noob at PC multiplayer shooters.

LEGGZZZZ

Domination looks pretty great across all the maps. Will probably be my most played mode until the upgrade to 64 players with next generation.

Xyber

Hmm I tried that earlier with a free US VPN and the download failed when I disabled the VPN. What VPN did you use?

Now that i think about it, I think I closed Origin before I disabled the VPN. So I should just disable it while the download is running?

I used FlyVPN ( http://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial ) with a korean proxy. Download and install, then use that login on the page I linked. Connect to a korean (US probably works fine too since it's just for the preload) proxy, if it is greyed out, log out and try loggin in with the other login from the site. Run Origin and start the preload, when it starts to download you can shut down the proxy and Origin will start downloading with your connection. Do not pause or stop the download.

Korean proxy will let you play the game the earliest I believe, so check in Origin what it says about the time for you and then just run Origin with the proxy active to download/activate the game on launch day. You should then be able to play it just fine without proxy.

Monday is going to be crazy, ShadowPlay and BF4 - All over my face!

Sweet, the perfect game to try it out with then!

watchdog

I totally forgot this game was coming out on Tuesday. I'm kinda scared to run it on my PC cause I know it's probably going to bring my graphics card to its knees. :[

Thinking about doing a clean install of windows 8.1, wondering if I can just put the data on another drive, install, then transfer the data over with no trouble.

Any word regarding private servers on consoles? Will it 4 have a similar paid setup for private matches?

Good question.

Something I would really like to know. Will quick match just match to official servers or everything? (they do have an official servers filter in the server browser now)

Bookoo

I wonder why they decided to keep the points notifications in the single player. Looks really odd when that stuff pops up.

Nekrono

I wonder why they decided to keep the points notifications in the single player. Looks really odd when that stuff pops up.

I think someone said earlier that you level up in SP or at least gain experience, maybe it's just one way to "ease" you into MP.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Training. People need it badly. If the singleplayer drills "THROW YOUR FUCKING KIT ITEMS OUT JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Like that, then it's a success as far as I'm concerned.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Training. People need it badly. If the singleplayer drills "THROW YOUR FUCKING KIT ITEMS OUT JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Like that, then it's a success as far as I'm concerned.

I think most people know how that works, why it is a good idea, how it helps the team, etc. They just can't be bothered. Same goes for spotting. Same goes for practicing with jets/copters on empty servers when you don't know wtf you're doing. Same goes for sitting there doing nothing for 10-15m while you tweak your settings.

It isn't that these people are stupid or ignorant, they're just selfish, lazy bastards. :)

Woo-Fu

Banned
How else are you supposed to do it? Blame DICE for that.

You do it on an empty server, where sitting there doing nothing doesn't cost your team anything. First thing I did in the beta was join an empty server, tweaked my settings, and then practiced with transport and attack helicopters to see what was different, if I needed to change around my controls, etc.

What I didn't do was join a full server, sit there 10 minutes tweaking my config and then jump in and immediately crash the attack helicopter.

multivac

I reallly hope that the final build runs SIGNIFICANTLY better than the beta did. I let the hype get to me and bought it tonight.

Beta was a stuttery mess for me, and I suppose it's CPU limited since I'm running crossfire 7950s with a 2500k overclocked to 4.3 ghz. Hopefully the final is much more optimized.

Seanspeed

Banned
You do it on an empty server, where sitting there doing nothing doesn't cost your team anything. First thing I did in the beta was join an empty server, tweaked my settings, and then practiced with transport and attack helicopters to see what was different, if I needed to change around my controls, etc.

What I didn't do was join a full server, sit there 10 minutes tweaking my config and then jump in and immediately crash the attack helicopter.
Playing on an empty server doesn't always simulate what the load is like with 64 players, though.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Playing on an empty server doesn't always simulate what the load is like with 64 players, though.

So you do some fine-tuning later. You can still do it on an empty server after seeing how your changes worked on a full server, or you can do it near the end of a match where the outcome is already determined.

Seanspeed

Banned
So you do some fine-tuning later. You can still do it on an empty server after seeing how your changes worked on a full server, or you can do it near the end of a match where the outcome is already determined.
Still, this wouldn't be an issue whatsoever if DICE allowed you to make changes in between matches. Being able to change loadouts then would be massively nice, also. Its super frustrating that you cant.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What's the download size yo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom