• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm really enjoying the double xp as well, have gone up about 10 levels so far. Frustrated at how long it is taking to unlock things for pistols and even grenades for me. I have had great luck with mobility kills against choppers at least. I still am terrible at this game, but I am getting a little better. Just wish that every map did not turn into sniper shootouts.
Everybody is a fucking sniper now. This rooftop bullshit sucks, too. I do NOT want to build my loadout around taking down rooftop snipers. I have better shit to do. Its simply not fun having to deal with that crap.

I'm starting to think BF3 was a much better game, map design-wise. I never understood all the hate for them.

ahuffman

Banned
Yeah it's a shame they don't have custom servers yet on ps4. I just will have to keep grinding and hope that I can at least unlock 2 of the pistols and grenades lol.

ahuffman

Banned
Everybody is a fucking sniper now. This rooftop bullshit sucks, too. I do NOT want to build my loadout around taking down rooftop snipers. I have better shit to do. Its simply not fun having to deal with that crap.

I'm starting to think BF3 was a much better game, map design-wise. I never understood all the hate for them.

Yeah it's really frustrating when the only 2 classes that I can play right now are engineer and recon. Half the time I wind up just having to join them and snipe myself. I don't like it, but it's better than getting slaughtered every time you leave cover.

Milennia

They have a pretty minuscule affect on the overall game tbh.

The roof camping recons at least don't.

The best way to avoid them is to learn the map layouts and flank them for free kills every game and just wipe them out, or take back alleys etc, as opposed to blatantly crossing the street (chalk that one up to map awareness and knowledge as well).

I die maybe once every 3 games to either a long range recon or a rooftop recon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If people are camping on the roof and getting you, applaud them. That is harder than it looks.

As far as them PTFO? They're going to lose unless an entire team of them are god and locking down the flags/crates/bomb.

They can't arm, they can't cap, they can't grab. They're useless.

derFeef

If people are camping on the roof and getting you, applaud them. That is harder than it looks.

As far as them PTFO? They're going to lose unless an entire team of them are god and locking down the flags/crates/bomb.

They don't know that, because K/D is the first thing on the scoreboard - i'ts important to them.

Seanspeed

Banned

The best way to avoid them is to learn the map layouts and flank them for free kills every game and just wipe them out, or take back alleys etc, as opposed to blatantly crossing the street (chalk that one up to map awareness and knowledge as well).

Oh sure, I can take time out of playing objectives in order to run to the sides of the map or take an elevator up or kill myself and hop in a heli and ditch out to land on top of a building, but like I said - I have better shit to do.

I really don't know how you avoid getting killed by them as much as you do. You say its map knowledge, but they're everywhere. Absolutely everywhere. And when they can one-hit kill, its often a case of never realizing they're there until its too late.

They fucking kill me, which has an effect on ME.

As much as I do try and work for the goal of winning, I still like to have fun as well. Dying a lot stops me from doing both.

The vanilla maps were just as shitty as BF4's vanilla maps, except for Kharg and Caspian. The maps got steadily better with the mappacks.

Oman and Karkand were fantastic, as were Alborz and Bandar. Azadi, Markaz, and Talah are all great. The four Endgame maps were also great.

The only maps in BF4 that I actually like (and have played) are Golmund, Paracel, and Rogue Transmission. The rest are terrible and I always crash on Shanghai. I crash so often that I haven't gotten to play Flood Zone, Zavod 311, or Hainan Resort yet.

scogoth

There is the very very unique circumstance of me being the long range (100-300m long range not 1500m long range) sniper while the rest of drunken squad pushes forward with the bomb. This only works on obliteration and only on certain maps. Then and only then is a sniper "PTFO" by helping his squad move.

TheSeks

There is the very very unique circumstance of me being the long range (100-300m long range not 1500m long range) sniper while the rest of drunken squad pushes forward with the bomb. This only works on obliteration and only on certain maps. Then and only then is a sniper "PTFO" by helping his squad move.

Dude, you missed me picking up that sniper you pick up on the overpass as a support and nailing three dudes with the OHKO ability of that weapon near C that round we tied.

Don't say I don't do it either. ;_;

Milennia

Oh sure, I can take time out of playing objectives in order to run to the sides of the map or take an elevator up or kill myself and hop in a heli and ditch out to land on top of a building, but like I said - I have better shit to do.

I really don't know how you avoid getting killed by them as much as you do. You say its map knowledge, but they're everywhere. Absolutely everywhere. And when they can one-hit kill, its often a case of never realizing they're there until its too late.

They fucking kill me, which has an effect on ME.

As much as I do try and work for the goal of winning, I still like to have fun as well. Dying a lot stops me from doing both.

I don't understand... Why does taking a back way (which is what your supposed to do as opposed to belly flopping onto an objective and getting torn apart instantly) affect your ability to handle objectives?

The only one hit kill is the headshot or upper chest, rooftop campers rarely get kills anyway let alone the one shot,i can see it happening once in a while unless your ridiculously close in which case that will also one shot you.

Map knowledge means knowing where they are, if you know the maps you can ask yourself "where would i go if i decided to be a camping shitter this game" , works for me everytime lol.. Seriously though, if your learn the maps and learn were the usual camp spots are, flank them and kill them. Oh look you just got shot from the same place 3 games in a row... Go there and shit on his day.

Like i said, these roof recons do nothing for their team 99% of the time, i avoid them by doing exactly what i suggested you to in my last post.

If you get picked off my a roof camper then clap, because your his only kill from that roof for a damn good while.

Also getting upset over it isn't going to help you learn how to deal with it. I still get picked off, doesn't bother me at all. I usually just spawn as a recon and counter snipe him for fun or for a marksmen bonus due to knowing exactly where he is, or run up to his perch and kill him and his spawn beacon. They aren't everywhere.. They cant be, because if they were their team would lose in under 10 minutes. There are spots these guys run to each map, know them.

As for it taking a long time to do it, it doesn't if you know where they are.

Or, just avoid them ... If you do what i said, thats avoiding them and it doesn't take any spare time at all.

Edit : i think its fun as shit to flank these guys, makes me feel like theres one less camper in the game for about 2 minutes lol.

burney

Neo Member
This game is infuriating in the current state with the netcode and one hit kill bug. Today I can honestly say i've been one shot with almost every death. Thank god they found the bug and are fixing it.

Can anyone give some tips to a me -- a new player?

I've never played a Battlefield game before but I have played a fair amount of multiplayer shooters. I'm trying to ease myself into the game; what class and weapons are best starting out?

kamspy

Still rock solid after a thorough HDD defrag. Throwing that out there for anyone who hasn't defraged since installing BF4. That seems to be the connection.

Milennia

This game is infuriating in the current state with the netcode and one hit kill bug. Today I can honestly say i've been one shot with almost every death. Thank god they found the bug and are fixing it.

Isn't the bug just an upper body bug where instead of it taking 2 shots it takes 1?

Thats how it was described in the jackfrags video and the forums , i honestly don't thing I've been hit with it yet.

ahuffman

Banned
YMMV but I have been at my best with the engineer class so far. Both with carbines and pdws. I would give more advice, but I am still pretty bad at the game so I don't want to give bad advice :(.

So after this double XP thing making me realize how completely useless 90% of the stat system is I think I am going to just stop caring about the stats and stick to my own fun and sometimes frustrating goal of getting a service star with every weapon. This includes handguns and shotguns but not weapons such as grenades and rocket launchers.

Also means I will need to complete any assignment that unlocks a weapon. Good way to keep myself invested in the game beyond improving stats which I now don't feel actually mean anything.

Let the games begin!

YMMV but I have been at my best with the engineer class so far. Both with carbines and pdws. I would give more advice, but I am still pretty bad at the game so I don't want to give bad advice :(.
Anything helps :) There is so much to take in I just feel like I need some sort of starting point.

burney

Neo Member
Isn't the bug just an upper body bug where instead of it taking 2 shots it takes 1?

Thats how it was described in the jackfrags video and the forums , i honestly don't thing I've been hit with it yet.

It's with every bullet just much worse with headshots because of the multiplier I think.

ahuffman

Banned
Anything helps :) There is so much to take in I just feel like I need some sort of starting point.

Yeah it is very overwhelming, especially at first. The recoil on some of the weapons was a real wake up call for me coming from playing COD for the most part the last few years. One thing I have been trying to do more, is sticking with your teammates. There is strength in numbers and I can contribute with providing health, ammo or spotting.

Divus

Then your very lucky. I bet it makes up between 20% to 33% of my deaths. Certain guns and certain people seem to do it much more often than others. When someone does it to you 4 or 5 times in one match you start wondering if he is hacking or getting very lucky.

I do have a friend that swears its only happened a few times to him and only just started doing it.

Then again I've never had the sound loop crash, Shanghai crash, or revive bug.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How fucked is The ps3 version?

These are my PS3 impressions: Man, I really wish I had picked up my PS4 preorder on time.

Overall, imo... PS3 runs significantly worse than BF3. The game is just too big for the old console. Framerate is an issue (and I'm not someone generally too sensitive to FR, so that says something about how rough it is) and it just seems more glitchy in general, especially during levelution stuff, the game goes into the toliet.

It's playable though. I mean, it isn't broken or anything. Just really rough at times.

Also, emblems do not seem to work and Battlelog integration is iffy for some things.

They removed the squad function... makes playing with friends incredibly difficult/frustrating. I'm honestly kind of upset at DICE for doing that. If I was a reviewer, I would hit them hard for that... it was such a gigantic omission. Like, a core thing, and they didn't do it. So fuck them for that, they have wasted so much of my time. Can't play with friends most of the time.

olimpia84

How is that handgun? I heard rumors that the G18 was the best pistol. What's your opinion on this?

The only handgun I've used so far is the P226 or whatever it's called (I think it's the starter handgun). It worked fine for me so I never bothered to switch.

That's my last trophy before I get platinum, it takes forever to unlock the pistols though. The double XP with an extra 100% or 200% boost has helped me get close at least.

I still need to get a few SP campaign trophies and the deliver 5 bombs one. Not looking forward to the latter.

Prezhulio

So I bought premium for ps4 yesterday....I thought there was some battle packs that came with it? Nothing unlocked at all so far...

TheSeks

and the deliver 5 bombs one. Not looking forward to the latter.

Pffft. 2EZ.

Just get the bomb, get in a GAF persons LAV. Have them haul ass to the arm sites, arm it. Get in the LAV and gunner until it blows
taking the LAV out if you're too close

I think I have at least 8-10 or more just playing with the PC players on Obliteration. Otherwise I provide support unless it's near me.

Milennia

Then your very lucky. I bet it makes up between 20% to 33% of my deaths. Certain guns and certain people seem to do it much more often than others. When someone does it to you 4 or 5 times in one match you start wondering if he is hacking or getting very lucky.

I do have a friend that swears its only happened a few times to him and only just started doing it.

Then again I've never had the sound loop crash, Shanghai crash, or revive bug.

I mean sure it could have happened without me noticing lol, I've died pretty damn quick to the MX4 in particular, but it was always the same at close range anyway so i just assumed thats what was up with the gun lol.

Also die pretty quick to u100 , yet when i use it i lose most 1-1 gun fights lol

I get the sound loop/bug every other game (mostly railway) and crash every other game lol.

I'm starting to wonder if this fix, assuming they do fix it, will be huge. I mean, that guy with the YouTube video, how often was it happening for him, like 10-20% of shots? That's huge. How much does this account for those bullshit close-encounters when two people round a corner and one just instantly drops dead?

Has this bug been confirmed for all the hit boxes? Because I believe the video only showed the guy doing head shots.

I don't know, I hope this fixes a lot of the shit I've been blaming on netcode.

Milennia

I'm starting to wonder if this fix, assuming they do fix it, will be huge. I mean, that guy with the YouTube video, how often was it happening for him, like 10-20% of shots? That's huge. How much does this account for those bullshit close-encounters when two people round a corner and one just instantly drops dead?

Has this bug been confirmed for all the hit boxes? Because I believe the video only showed the guy doing head shots.

I don't know, I hope this fixes a lot of the shit I've been blaming on netcode.

I assumed it was only headshots and upper body as thats all i was reading, if it really is every hitbox thats the worst in game big they could possibly have i think.

I'm with you 100%

The easiest fix would to just be to fix the maps and cut off all/most of the rooftops. Who the fuck thought this was a good design choice?

Make it so pilots can't bail.

Nerf, or just get rid of the PLD. I have 150 hours in this game and I don't think I've once seen a SOFLAM. Make Recon use the SOFLAM for designating and just get rid of the PLD so they don't have x-ray vision over half of the map. Force them to use their scopes more, limiting their vision and putting them at more risk.

Evolved1

where are the clay pigeons on test range?

nvm, found 'em.

Milennia

I would think upper body would receive most of the shots, so that would be a pretty big deal. Confirmed?

Except they aren't, most shots are mid body shots.
I said it in that sense due to the fact that if you are hit in 1 of those 2 places , your usually going to die anyway.

Unless your superman of course and everything plays back slo-mo.

Evolved1

I would spend way too much time on that.

They are there if you're interested!

go up the scaffolding behind the target range, and hit the button!

edit: it reloads your weapon when you hit the button, so I switch to my secondary before pressing, and then switch back...

Except they aren't, most shots are mid body shots.

Well, okay, how many hitboxes are there? I assume by upper body you meant chest, and that's where I would expect most shots to hit.

The Defensive body armor says it reduces all hits "to the chest" by 10% damage. Is there a lower torso (gut) hit box as well?

Milennia

Well, okay, how many hitboxes are there? I assume by upper body you meant chest, and that's where I would expect most shots to hit.

The Defensive body armor says it reduces all hits "to the chest" by 10% damage. Is there a lower torso (gut) hit box as well?

So assuming everybody is using the defensive perk set and has them actually available during a game, and they get one shot, thats the worst fucking bug i can think of.

And there are 2 boxes in the midsection yet I'm having an extremely hard time finding the article stating such so do with that as you wish.

Im not saying int he slightest the bug doesn't exist.. If thats what your gathering.
In fact all i said was i assumed it was only in 2 places and not the whole body as i was reading such on the official forums and seeing such in the videos.

Edit, i have for sure killed people on one hit btw, im certain of it.

TheSeks

where are the clay pigeons on test range?

nvm, found 'em.

Those aren't clay pigeons. They're barrels?

1476097_10100389141336455_38753247_n.jpg

1456768_10100389141196735_342525841_n.jpg

Where it's at, unless you mean something else.

Didn't know the roof of Zavod's sniper area could be blown away. I think trollin' has just been taken to the next level.

Oh and DICE:

I should be able to step over that, yeah? WELL I CAN'T. So fix it!

Overdoziz

Banned
I should be able to step over that, yeah? WELL I CAN'T. So fix it!
The amount of tiny ledges and objects you can't vault over has increased drastically coming from BF3 and even that game already had its fair share of issues. It's pretty annoying when you quickly try to get away from somewhere and you just jump into an invisible wall looking like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom