• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
off to a good start on 360... still got some friends there :D

KWwpMFe.jpg

I hate being negative and complaining about this game all the time as when it goes well, its amazing but its seriously beginning to feel like whether you win or lose is decided by whichever team the game puts you on. Either the dominating team, or the team being dominated.

One squad of 4 is not enough to win a game if you get put on a team getting smashed round after round. Whether on the winning team or the losing, friends and I always score quite highly, in the top 5 of the team pretty much 100% of the time but it just doesn't matter. Games aren't close enough for 1 competent squad to make the difference. To add even more frustration, gaining air control or map control with tanks is out of the question too cause your damn lucky to get a vehicle unless you camp the spawn screen for it.

Close matches are so tense and they last a lot longer with a lot more flag caps which results in alot higher score and a lot more ribbons. These 15min matches that end with 400 tickets remaining on the winning team are a joke. I left Battlefield 3 pretty early for this reason, did it ever get better?

Should the reward for attacking and defending objectives be increased to try motivate people to move away from camping a rock for 1000M long head shots the entire time?

Sorry for the rant, this game is just too damn good but being ruined by terrible team balancing. Surely I am not the only one experiencing this?

WTF is wrong with this game? Since yesterday I have 15-30fps instead of 60-90fps with my GTX770?

I've noticed a massive drop in FPS on Paracel Storm and also Golmud. Not sure why.

Milennia

I hate being negative and complaining about this game all the time as when it goes well, its amazing but its seriously beginning to feel like whether you win or lose is decided by whichever team the game puts you on. Either the dominating team, or the team being dominated.

One squad of 4 is not enough to win a game if you get put on a team getting smashed round after round. Whether on the winning team or the losing, friends and I always score quite highly, in the top 5 of the team pretty much 100% of the time but it just doesn't matter. Games aren't close enough for 1 competent squad to make the difference. To add even more frustration, gaining air control or map control with tanks is out of the question too cause your damn lucky to get a vehicle unless you camp the spawn screen for it.

Close matches are so tense and they last a lot longer with a lot more flag caps which results in alot higher score and a lot more ribbons. These 15min matches that end with 400 tickets remaining on the winning team are a joke. I left Battlefield 3 pretty early for this reason, did it ever get better?

Sorry for the rant, this game is just too damn good but being ruined by terrible team balancing. Surely I am not the only one experiencing this?
Nah your not the only one for sure.

I think i have had maybe 3 close games since launch lol.

Other than that it has been completley one sided.

TheOther

Neo Member
I think Parcel storm is the worst. An enclosed island that is only accessible with boats and choppers. Both M-COMS are so close together so it's easy to cover both. It's such a tiny area as well.

Locker is just a terrible map overall. Might be great for deathmatch or something.

Locker is one of my favourite maps. Especially playing Obliteration because it makes you push forward etc.

It's a proper airburst and mortar fest as support. Also using the EOD Bot as engineer(in rush) and setting up tactical radio beacons as recon is great fun.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Brand new DICE Screw-up of the Day - I'm spotting people and the spots don't show up. Even stood behind an enemy that I flanked, did the whole hand motion and everything, no spot. And the game freezes up on the load for the next map as I type this.

Team Ninja, the actual Team Ninja, not the Team Ninja Dog of present right now, were ahead of their time in many ways, including never setting a release date for a game and only put it out when they knew it was ready. Other devs need to take note.

Played some Rush just now since I was free, the people that I was with were actually pushing forward unlike the last time I played, except for the last two games where they seemingly forgot how to play and just let the enemy walk in as they please. I expected a lot more from BF players on the 360, seriously. Tired of having to carry teams all the time, especially since I'm just trying to unlock all the snipers while defending/attacking, and I'm still on top of the whole team. I shouldn't have to be playing my real class every damn match.

I really hate hardcore sometimes. Since it takes a couple of seconds for the team id to appear on friendlies you end up killing guys at distance because you think they are the enemy.

That only happens on a squad leader and I'm fairly certain its a bug. But yes, I TK quite a few squad leaders because of it.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
The next patch comes out tomorrow before China Rising:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065220454902841/
The upcoming PC game update will launch December 3, to coincide with the launch of the expansion pack Battlefield 4 China Rising for Premium members on all platforms.

The game update will start to roll out at 1AM PST/10AM UTC Dec 3, followed by the actual China Rising content around 2AM PST/11AM UTC. You can expect some downtime around these times as servers are being prepared to support this new content.

The change list for this PC game update is the same as previously announced (see below.)

As ususal, we will continue to iterate on stability and tweak the game based on your feedback. Stay tuned.

Dec 3 PC Game Update Notes
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
-Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
- Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
-Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There is no M-COMs inside destructible buildings at all.

Which is a good thing? No more teams sitting back and throwing rockets at buildings to make them collapse. People have to rush in and arm?

I'll cut you some slack, since you didn't play BF3 but here's a hint: They made that change in BF3 and the mode was better for it.

The problem is they didn't design maps around the change by giving better cover. Too many maps in BF3 had chokepoints or too open areas with no alt routes. Whereas here the attack/defense gets a strong advantage/disadvantage with vehicles and having to use/abuse those to keep the attack/defense out.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?

Hey, if you want a Ziltoid emblem to use I made one awhile back.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88866942&postcount=7289

Doesn't sound like they've fixed many of the crashing issues still plaguing a lot of us yet.

Bummer...but not too bad as long as none of the China Rising maps have problems. *crosses fingers*

Scuderia

Why does the screen sometimes do a red and blue blur thing? I thought it might be because the round was nearly over but this doesn't seem the case, i find it pretty annoying.

Acinixys

Why does the screen sometimes do a red and blue blur thing? I thought it might be because the round was nearly over but this doesn't seem the case, i find it pretty annoying.

When a commander uses their EMP it causes that effect. Its called Chromatic Aberration and its fucking horrible and makes you eyes bleed

DICE are removing it in the Dec 3rd patch

TheSeks

Chromatic Abberation. Will be fixed tomorrow, finally.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member

Azulsky

Well, there's your problem: Rush is designed for 32 players in mind.

Why the fuck the PC playerbase continues to put it at 64, I'll never know. It drives me bonkers being on attack in 64-players mostly because it's IMPOSSIBLE to get any movement if the team is good at defending.

Like you said: The aircraft carrier becomes a total clusterfuck because there's too many enemies than it's designed for being on it to where you can't get on it because 16+ more enemies will spot you and fire on you.

It's too early for me to rank the maps for Rush or Obliteration. I tried some TDM and they made those slightly bigger and "wall off" accessible areas in Oblit and Rush. Kinda neat to see DICE use that trick from BC2 but also kinda lazy...

Also did some Domination and it's not bad, but I don't really care for it.

Yeah I swore off 64p rush after that. Hainan Resort Rush is my favorite so far though its going to take a while before I get to see all the MCoMs from both sides on every map.

Just realised I should have received the China Rising DLC for preordering through Amazon. No code in the box. Called them up and it's a 'known issue', but seemingly they were waiting for me to phone in about it rather than contacting me (and other customers) directly to resolve it.

Have to wait 2 days. No idea what for, but I have to wait 2 days.

Oh wait, they emailed with this:

From your phone call, I understand that you did not receive the promotion that you were promised upon placing this order.

In order to address this query efficiently, we will need to carry out a physical check of the item in our Fulfilment Centre. I have therefore requested that our inventory of Battlefield 4 (PS4) be examined by a member of our Fulfilment Centre team.

We will contact you back within two business days with an update on this query. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.

TheSeks

Just realised I should have received the China Rising DLC for preordering through Amazon. No code in the box. Called them up and it's a 'known issue', but seemingly they were waiting for me to phone in about it rather than contacting me (and other customers) directly to resolve it.

Seems like you're not going to get it. Just get Premium anyway.

Fantasmo

Multi part question:

Are any of the campaign weapons worth it? Are any of them better than any of the other unlockables in their weapon class? Are any of them better than the starter weapons? Is the REX better than the starter pistol?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
PS4 Update Tomorrow

Dec 3 PS4 Game Update Notes said:
-Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where bullets were sometimes applying their damage multiple times to a character. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
-Fixed a crash that could occur when having a very large amounts of Friends
-Enabled audio in PS4 video captures

Havent been able to find a copy yet >__< Might have to get the digital version =/

BoatAck

So does reactive armor not work like it did in BF3? It also kinda sucks that I no longer have any indication if it's still up or not, aside from going into 3rd person view.

Beaulieu

so I'll get my Ps4 tomorrow and I'm wondering if the game is fixed now. I dont want to pay full price to play a beta.

im in NA for what its worth.

Faith

I'm now playing the engineer (never had rly before) and it's awesome. Love to strike down vehicles. I'm using the RPG and the Stinger. Or is there a better choice?

P.s. Fixed the framerate problem. GPU was locked @536Mhz, after rebooting 3-4 times everything went back to normal.

Bailey 87

My copy didn't come with the code either, so I did the live chat, EA customer support, and after verifying that I actually owned a copy they sent me a code.

Azulsky

I'm now playing the engineer (never had rly before) and it's awesome. Love to strike down vehicles. I'm using the RPG and the Stinger. Or is there a better choice?

P.s. Fixed the framerate problem. GPU was locked @536Mhz, after rebooting 3-4 times everything went back to normal.

I don't feel that there is a situation where I would use the Stinger over the IGLA

Supposedly the SMAW is better against rear/sides than the RPG but I prefer the latter except on the really open maps where you can use the flat trajectory of the SMAW to knock out sniper nests from afar.

Pretty fond of the wire guided too especially because of the ability to have 2 rockets going at the same time(prob a glitch).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I think I'm out till this garbage is patched - froze twice on me in the last hour, topping off the usual garbage teammates.

Knowing this engine is going to be used for the next Mass Effect and Mirror's Edge, both which were perfectly fine on UE3, leaves me real skeptical now.

Ocho

Vehicle WHORE

What Ocho said today, "I dont like paracel storm, its like operation locker, no tanks or lavs on it, bad maps".

What I than say every game, "Thank god Ocho is in our tank/lav"

;)

My argument is irrefutable, to be honest. Battlefield 1942 had tanks on every map. :p

Worst maps: Operation Locker, Paracel Storm, and (the exception to the rule) Dawnbreaker (one side is heavily unbalanced).

Best maps: Hainan Resort, Flood Zone (until they flood the map), Siege of Shangai (until I crash).

Divus

Multi part question:

Are any of the campaign weapons worth it? Are any of them better than any of the other unlockables in their weapon class? Are any of them better than the starter weapons? Is the REX better than the starter pistol?

The P90 is a peashooter but when ran silenced in the right situations is fun, but there are better options. M249 is decent if your into LMG's, and I can't remember the assault rifles name but it's only just ok.

I love the REX in BF3 but now it's fairly terrible.

Grief.exe

Multi part question:

P226 is up there with the best pistols in the game, just run that until you unlock the 93R.

REX, and magnum, are broken at the moment. There is currently a delay between the time you 'pull the trigger' and the gun goes off in game. Dice says this is done for 'balancing' reasons...

TheSeks

My argument is irrefutable, to be honest. Battlefield 1942 had tanks on every map. :p

Worst maps: Operation Locker, Paracel Storm, and (the exception to the rule) Dawnbreaker (one side is heavily unbalanced).

Best maps: Hainan Resort, Flood Zone (until they flood the map), Siege of Shangai (until I crash).

HkTfdFw.gif

pants

I have the game on PS3(won it) and PC, bothered to play the PS3 version now and it hard locked on me three times. Is this a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom