• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

scogoth

So does reactive armor not work like it did in BF3? It also kinda sucks that I no longer have any indication if it's still up or not, aside from going into 3rd person view.

Reactive now reduces the chance of critical hits by making the angle of impact that would cause critical hits narrower . Basically means an engineer needs to hit you at a perfect 90 degree angle to get a critical hit vs 90 degree +- 5 degree hit.

You must be one of those recons in the little islands near the spawn points.

OB Paracel Storm is fun, though.

Right. Only snipers can enjoy conquest on Paracel Storm... ???

It's a fun map. The only problem I have with it are the OP attack boats.

Ocho

No, of course not, I kid. I just feel jets are too powerful in that map. If you don't have proper air support, you are basically boned.

scogoth

EDIT: Yeah see above ^

Don't listen to him, its a (sorta ongoing) joke about how Ocho can't play infantry. He can only play in land vehicles so when a map doesn't have them or gets flooded he says its a bad map.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You must be one of those recons in the little islands near the spawn points.

OB Paracel Storm is fun, though.

Nope. I'm on the jetskis sailing the high seas.

Rush wouldn't be bad if they actually thought a few of the sets through. I don't really care for the Conquest Large (haven't tried previous gen/"Conquest" variant yet) version but that's because I don't really care for the layout of the Conquest version.

But the map is fun. It's no where near the junk status Locker and Dawnbreaker (and I'd even debate Dawnbreaker's junk status with you) is.

Grief.exe

Pretty sure we still need to wait 2 weeks anyway even if we pre-ordered the game. Could be (hope) I'm wrong.

Theoretically, we shouldn't be waiting.

Every single pre-order I could find had the exact same word choice, essentially verbatim. Two of these really stood out to me, 'you will be credited with the Premium Expansion Pack, China Rising,' and, 'you will be able to play China Rising as soon as it is available.'

This implies that we are actually Premium members for that one piece of DLC. The consisted use of the words, 'as soon as it is available' essentially sealed it for me.

Not only that, but if you look in your battlelog profile, it should say, 'started playing China Rising,' some 4 days ago and you will have the China Rising symbol right below your name in the upper left-hand corner.

mEOvS2S.png

Ocho

Nope. I'm on the jetskis sailing the high seas.

Rush wouldn't be bad if they actually thought a few of the sets through. I don't really care for the Conquest Large (haven't tried previous gen/"Conquest" variant yet) version but that's because I don't really care for the layout of the Conquest version.

But the map is fun. It's no where near the junk status Locker and Dawnbreaker (and I'd even debate Dawnbreaker's junk status with you) is.

Jet skis are the worst man, that turning sensitivity. Worst vehicle fact.

Orcus

If you're on the XB1 and in North America please add me. I'm missing playing with non-randoms and having a rough go at it since I'm new to the series. I would love to squad up with some people and bring more communication and teamwork into my games. This game probably has the most complex FPS dynamics since I played Tribes.

XBL: ORCU5

Grief.exe

That's strange, because the forum post says that it won't launch until 2AM Pacific.

Would be awesome if they decided to roll it out early.

The upcoming PC game update will launch December 3, to coincide with the launch of the expansion pack Battlefield 4 China Rising for Premium members on all platforms.

The game update will start to roll out at 1AM PST/10AM UTC Dec 3, followed by the actual China Rising content around 2AM PST/11AM UTC. You can expect some downtime around these times as servers are being prepared to support this new content.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065220454902841/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jet skis are the worst man, that turning sensitivity. Worst vehicle fact.

More the physics than the turning. A low speed and before hitting major waves, it's fine. But once you land the physics freak out and make it a pain to steer.

Milennia

So i just went to try and attempted to put a suppressor on my ace 23 ... I then realized that the default suppressor is bugged and wont unlock lol, says 300 out of 100 and just keeps going up wtf.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Need to remember the PS4 auto recorder purges auto recorded 15mins once you quit the game unless you choose to share or trim said clips during your session... Have lost some neat moments that way a few times now. Had a string of ambush killing vehicles from above with the repair tool on Shanghai which was quite hilarious.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Good night sweet prince.

OOVp0Qw.png
Was it your retailer using those words or was there actual DICE PR?

I don't think they have ever said other than preorders get the premium pack (they're all premium packs) free once available. This obviously doesn't include "when available for premium members", as one of the stipulations of premium is at least 2 weeks lead time on DLC.

Grief.exe

Was it your retailer using those words or was there actual DICE PR?

I don't think they have ever said other than preorders get the premium pack (they're all premium packs) free once available. This obviously doesn't include "when available for premium members", as one of the stipulations of premium is at least 2 weeks lead time on DLC.

Here is one source that took this verbatim from EA's site

http://www.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-4/Pre-Order_Bonuses

All pre-orders of Battlefield 4 will get China Rising, a free Premium Expansion Pack. Fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland in four massive maps, using all-new vehicles and high-tech military equipment. Code and instructions for redemption will be included in the product packaging. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. [1]

This exact same wording was found at several retailers.

Should they really be releasing the DLC with the game still in a very bad state? Seems dumb to me. Fix your original game before adding more problems.

Grief.exe

See nothing there indicates it would be available at the same time as for premium members. Especially when you read that premium offers on its own; 2 weeks early on said DLC.

Except for when it explicitly states that you get a premium expansion pack with your order

All pre-orders of Battlefield 4 will get China Rising, a free Premium Expansion Pack

Also explicitly states that you get it as soon as it is available. That seems to directly imply that we would get that day one. In fact, nothing would imply that we would wait two weeks early.

I have to give it up to the sound though. When you are in the tower before it collapses, or underground in Metro. Those Jurassic park thumps that shake me living room are amazing. eerie crazy scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom