• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Well china rising is released according to battlelog, now if only there were servers with the maps.

I would imagine they would have to push an update to allow us to play.

Right. You get the expansion pack for free, not at the same time as Premium Members. I don't understand why that's so hard to understand.

Where does it state on there that we have to wait? Or that we are just getting the regular version of the DLC and not the premium expansion pack?

PS4 Update Tomorrow

Havent been able to find a copy yet >__< Might have to get the digital version =/

Nowhere do I see in that update a fix for the sound cutting out or chromatic aberration bug... great.

Should they really be releasing the DLC with the game still in a very bad state? Seems dumb to me. Fix your original game before adding more problems.

Joke's on you, most of the DLC was already made in advance. :)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Except for when it explicitly states that you get a premium expansion pack with your order

Also explicitly states that you get it as soon as it is available. That seems to directly imply that we would get that day one. In fact, nothing would imply that we would wait two weeks early.
They're all 'Premium Expansion Packs', that's just what these DLCs are called. You seem to have missed that part. :/

If you were to get it as soon as Premium gets it, it would have said as much. "As soon as available" clearly indicates when Regular Joe can purchase it, not Premium Joe. Otherwise they'd be liable to discount Premium to all those buying that for breaking the terms of that service agreement.

Shitty the player base gets divided already but at least you didn't pay extra for the game for this, or did you? (In that case have a word with your retailer I'd say, because you shouldn't have)

Eric WK

I would imagine they would have to push an update to allow us to play.

Where does it state on there that we have to wait? Or that we are just getting the regular version of the DLC and not the premium expansion pack?

You're making a mountain out of a molehill with your interpretation of the word "premium." There aren't two versions of the expansion packs. There's one version of each pack that is released two weeks early for Premium members.

You're not "waiting" any extra period of time.

Grief.exe

If you were to get it as soon as Premium gets it, it would have said as much. "As soon as available" clearly indicates when Regular Joe can purchase it, not Premium Joe. Otherwise they'd be liable to discount Premium to all those buying that for breaking the terms of that service agreement.

Really? Clearly?

I'm just going purely by the wording in the advertisement, no outside factors or anything else. If you are making a contract with someone, you put everything in writing, you do the same in advertising.
I'm not using any logical leaps to arrive at this conclusion, just purely reading what has been stated.

If that had been the case they would have clearly said two weeks after Premium members, or stated so in the fine print, which I looked for.

Good night sweet prince.

OOVp0Qw.png

Eat a fat one, DICE. I'll wait.

I'm more excited for your goddamn patch anyways.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Really? Clearly?

I'm just going purely by the wording in the advertisement, no outside factors or anything else. If you are making a contract with someone, you put everything in writing, you do the same in advertising.
I'm not using any logical leaps to arrive at this conclusion, just purely reading what has been stated.

If that had been the case they would have clearly said two weeks after Premium members, or stated so in the fine print, which I looked for.
I too went on what's written in that IGN statement.

PR for pre-order/limited edition: "as soon as available".

PR for Premium: "you get all DLC 2 weeks before everyone else"

If these two statements doesn't make it clear premium trumps everything then I'm sorry you were deluded by something that wasn't there and have to "wait an extra 2 weeks" like every other non-premium player.

Grief.exe

I too went on what's written in that IGN statement.

PR for pre-order/limited edition: "as soon as available".

PR for Premium: "you get all DLC 2 weeks before everyone else"

If these two statements doesn't make it clear premium trumps everything then I'm sorry you were deluded by something that wasn't there and have to "wait an extra 2 weeks" like every other non-premium player.

Yes, you are correct, but if that were the case they needed to make that incredibly clear on the purchase page for the base version of BF4.

For example, 'Receive China Rising as soon as its available*

*2 weeks after the initial Premium launch.'

When you are drawing up a legal contract at point of sale, you cannot leave information intentionally out like that.

I understand exactly where you are coming from and the logical leap you are making. That leap needed to be made clear on the pre-order page, not after outside context. That is why it is a breach of contract with myself.

Need to remember the PS4 auto recorder purges auto recorded 15mins once you quit the game unless you choose to share or trim said clips during your session... Have lost some neat moments that way a few times now. Had a string of ambush killing vehicles from above with the repair tool on Shanghai which was quite hilarious.

Heh. Doesn't work for me ever, whether I leave or not.

Is the DLC up?

I bought the digital and I've got the China Rising maps listed.

Anyone can see the maps listed. I don't know how it works for PC and Playstation, but when I got my game, it had a code I needed to redeem to get access for China Rising. If you didn't get that, you don't get the maps (for free).

So i just went to try and attempted to put a suppressor on my ace 23 ... I then realized that the default suppressor is bugged and wont unlock lol, says 300 out of 100 and just keeps going up wtf.

Sorry to hear that, did you manage to get any of the other silencers unlocked through a battlepack (I'm assuming they are all the same just different looks), I'm hoping to throw a silencer on my ace 23. I just unlocked it yesterday and HATED the gun. Then I unlocked a few attachment and I love it.

Milennia

Sorry to hear that, did you manage to get any of the other silencers unlocked through a battlepack (I'm assuming they are all the same just different looks), I'm hoping to throw a silencer on my ace 23. I just unlocked it yesterday and HATED the gun. Then I unlocked a few attachment and I love it.

That bugged as shit silencer is my last unlock for the gun lol.

They are all the same yeah, but i like the chinese one -.- which is the default unlock that is bugged lol.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Shit's not letting me play right now. I got a few games in then crashed and can't log into battle log. Xbox one btw.

Also, wtf is up with "quick play conquest" taking me to TDM or some other random game.

Also, what DLC do you need for CTF? I'm premium and it says I need DLC for it.

Grief.exe

I told you this, dude.

They're going to give higher priority to premium players than people that pre-ordered and didn't give them more money.

I know and I understand where you guys are coming from. My argument rests solely upon the information that was provided to retailers and by EA itself.

When you are at point of sale, you can't rely on context provided elsewhere, you have to provide all relevant information. The information that was provided leads one to believe that you will get China Rising day one.

this sums it up.

Yes, you are correct, but if that were the case they needed to make that incredibly clear on the purchase page for the base version of BF4.

When you are drawing up a legal contract at point of sale, you cannot leave information intentionally out like that.

I understand exactly where you are coming from and the logical leap you are making. That leap needed to be made clear on the pre-order page, not after outside context. That is why it is a breach of contract with myself.

this stupid POS game. It's the only game on my PC that constantly crashes on launch due to "Nvidia Kernel" and directX crap. I can't even get the game to launch. Anyone fix this issue?

AmyS

My PS4 retail copy of BF4 says on the front of the box:
"Includes Battlefield 4 China Rising Expansion Pack" and my copy has the sheet with the China Rising download code, even though I didn't preorder anything at all.

I did not buy Premium.

So what's the story, will I be able to play the China Rising maps on PS4 in a matter of hours / tomorrow, or what?

Between early access for premium members and the fact that Xbox One owners get the DLC maps first (they already have Second Assault), I'm really freaking confused!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Loss, Win, Loss, Loss, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Loss. :/

Fucking team can't defend crates to save their life.

And I'm getting weird stuttering/lag right now.

AmyS

I guess I won't be able to play the China Rising maps very soon.

That actually pisses me off more than any and all crashes / glitches / disconnects / bugs / corrupted campaign data / etc, because my problems with BF4 havn't been *as* severe as other people's experiences.

Damn

Cudder

Except for when it explicitly states that you get a premium expansion pack with your order

Also explicitly states that you get it as soon as it is available. That seems to directly imply that we would get that day one. In fact, nothing would imply that we would wait two weeks early.

You're not reading it right. It states that you get a free Premium expansion pack, which you are. Nothing there states you get it the same time as people who pay for a Premium membership.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, mine was at 3 hours, then 2 hours, now it's back at 3...it was at 4 hours around 1:00 PM CST today.

Well, China Rising's maps have been added to the filter. As for China Rising itself: No patch yet.

Grief.exe

You're not reading it right. It states that you get a free Premium expansion pack, which you are. Nothing there states you get it the same time as people who pay for a Premium membership.

Except for the part that I am granted a Premium Expansion pack and that it is ready to play as soon as it is available?

Again, legally, they cannot say one thing and use outside context to prove that incorrect. At point of sale, they are advertising a certain product, I am not reading it incorrectly you are just using outside information to justify the status quo.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

You're trying way too hard. It's quite clear what the packaging means AND what premium offers.

Grief.exe

You're trying way too hard. It's quite clear what the packaging means AND what premium offers.

From my perspective, you guys are trying too hard to defend a corporation for using logical leaps to trick their consumers.

Again, I am just trying to argue the legality of the issue at point of sale. EA promised a certain product, but they aren't delivering that product. Just because the knowledge of premium exists, does not allow them to advertise something separately.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
From my perspective, you guys are trying too hard to defend a corporation for using logical leaps to trick their consumers.

Again, I am just trying to argue the legality of the issue at point of sale. They promised a certain product at point of sale, they aren't delivering that product. Just because the knowledge of premium exists, does not allow them to advertise something separately.

Except that they are. Premium just gets it early. China Rising is released later to everyone. What you bought was a game with a free access code to china rising when it's available, not when it's early.

If premium didn't even exist the expansion pack wouldn't be available tonight.

There is no legal issue at all in anything you're trying to bring up.

This is akin to a kid sticking his fingers in his ears yelling "nuh uh!"

It's a non issue man, give it up. There's far bigger problems with the game.

After complaining about how bad the game is I have to admit it finally starting clicking around level 15. The weapons are a lot better when you start unlocking scopes and grips, and the engineer finally has enough to deal with tanks and helicopters. Recon has been my favorite (the RC helicopter is AWESOME), and getting close to unlocking the C4 for support class, which was my favorite class style in BC2.

I don't really see the problem here, you will get china rising eventually for free just a bit later. I don't see how that is false advertising.

Speaking of china rising: Premium includes this, right? Don't know yet whether or not I should buy Premium or just the DLC for now. Bought it digitally, so no code for me :(

Grief.exe

Except that they are. Premium just gets it early. China Rising is released later to everyone. What you bought was a game with a free access code to china rising when it's available, not when it's early.

If premium didn't even exist the expansion pack wouldn't be available tonight.

There is no legal issue at all in anything you're trying to bring up.

Maybe you aren't getting the point. We have certain consumer rights associated with point of sale and advertisement information. Everything about the sale must be in writing on the sale, that is why you the actors read off the fine print on the drug ads. Should they not be allowed to tell us those downsides and require us to figure that out on their own?

Using words like, "as soon as it is available," does not leave any room for interpretation. If China Rising is available tonight, then, according to the writing on the store page, it should be available for those who pre-ordered.

Not based on some arbitrary Premium requirement that requires outside context and quite the leap to reach.

Like I said earlier, this is the perfect example of what should be on the page, 'Receive China Rising as soon as its available*

I don't really see the problem here, you will get china rising eventually for free just a bit later. I don't see how that is false advertising.

Speaking of china rising: Premium includes this, right? Don't know yet whether or not I should buy Premium or just the DLC for now. Bought it digitally, so no code for me :(

Keep in mind I am not arguing in context to the Premium offers. I am arguing in context with what was sold to myself and everyone else on the pre-order page.

Access to China Rising
Pre-ordering the game in any region that allows for pre-orders will get you access to the first Premium Expansion Pack, China Rising, once it is available later in the year.

McLovin

I finished the SP campaign yesterday. That... that wasn't bad at all. Surprisingly good for a BF game. I didn't even bother to finish BF3's campaign.

Yes

What's the best LMG? Your opinion of course.

Just started Support last night after getting a service star(100 kills) with each of the Assault Rifles. Now working my way through support. So far only used the U-100 and the M249. U-100 was far better IMO.

Kabuto

Just started Support last night after getting a service star(100 kills) with each of the Assault Rifles. Now working my way through support. So far only used the U-100 and the M249. U-100 was far better IMO.

I personally love the LSAT. I got a service star with it and after unlocking the night vision scope for it, I just go on killing sprees with it haha.

I got Premium today and the two Gold Battlepacks I got with it were filled with stuff for the MX4 and U-100 again -___- I dunno why but most of my Battle Pack unlocks are for those two guns and the AK-12.

Eric WK

I primarily run Support when I'm not trying to get unlocks and I'm not running another class situationally. I find the LSAT to be very strong in medium to long range encounters and the RPK excellent at slightly closer range to long range. Since you unlock the LSAT so early, I recommend picking it up and seeing how it feels to you. I used it exclusively until I unlocked the RPK.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Eric WK/weapons/695790/xbox360/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom