• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest patch just crashes before it even loads a game.

I'm from the UK, the store I bought it from are saying I can't return it, EA won't entertain me.

Is there any way I can get my money back?

Kick up a fuss and constructively build your case until they become bored of you. It might take a week, but if you want your money back...

I had this with SimCity 2013 and GMG. Thankfully GMG saw my point and provided a full refund after a week of providing proof and arguing that their T&Cs weren't justifiable alongside EU/UK Consumer Law... and also SimCity being a broken piece of garbage.

--

Also is Premium Free? If I buy it on a US PS+ account will it work on the UK PS+ account?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also is Premium Free? If I buy it on a US PS+ account will it work on the UK PS+ account?

No. Premium will only be for the account that bought it. Battlepacks, camos, etc. are tied to that account.

HOWEVER: The DLC/maps isn't tied to the account. You can play those on the other account and unlock the guns IIRC.

TheContact

I'm getting rid of my GTX 460 and looking for a new card, I really don't want to spend more than $300 so I'm looking at the 4gb version of the GTX 760. Think this card will be able to handle BF4 on high settings with good fps? The only PC games I play are WoW, BF3, and will be playing BF4 once I upgrade my card.

No. Premium will only be for the account that bought it. Battlepacks, camos, etc. are tied to that account.

HOWEVER: The DLC/maps isn't tied to the account. You can play those on the other account and unlock the guns IIRC.

My daughter got access to all the premium stuff on her account after I added it to mine. Must be tied to the main console too.

HelloMeow

2 shots in the head: 2x50 dmg.

Deal with it.

3075927-7038718546-tumbl.gif

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
So the 1-hit kill bug is still there? Smh.
I'm getting rid of my GTX 460 and looking for a new card, I really don't want to spend more than $300 so I'm looking at the 4gb version of the GTX 760. Think this card will be able to handle BF4 on high settings with good fps? The only PC games I play are WoW, BF3, and will be playing BF4 once I upgrade my card.
I have the 2gb version and is able to play it with good framerates with ultra settings, I don't think the 4gb version will fare any worse.

Edit: The damn update can't even download.

kharma45

At $300 you'd be better off with the 280X, but it's OOS absolutely everywhere at the minute. If you want to stick to Nvidia the 760 is a nice card but a tier below the 280X.

My daughter got access to all the premium stuff on her account after I added it to mine. Must be tied to the main console too.

Let's find out!

Ah, a snag in my plans. It wants a US billing address on the SEN. Wait... Amazon however don't, and they have a digital download code... let's try that. Saving is £10.

Game just crashed and deleted my campaign save for the third time (PS4). Was on the second last mission this time around. A big "fuck you" to Dice and EA. Will be sure to never buy another game in this series, nicely done.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
He didnt get the one hit kill bug, it was two shots to the head.
You can see the HP going from 100% to 50% and then 0%

Game just crashed and deleted my campaign save for the third time (PS4). Was on the second last mission this time around. A big "fuck you" to Dice and EA. Will be sure to never buy another game in this series, nicely done.
Just got the game and this kinda worries me.

EVIL

so wait, china rising is not available at December 3th to those who pre-ordered? Wow, nice deal, especially since the game has been performing horrible, at-least give us that instead of a stupid scope for a pistol nobody wants to use because it sucks. Eat shit EA/DICE

TeegsD

Are things wonky this morning on PS3 for anyone else. Can't find any rush or conquest games. No matter what I choose, the game will out me on Siege of Shanghai on a random playlist

Also is China Rising JUST coming out?

Just got the game and this kinda worries me.

As well you should! I can't think of any game in the past 5 years where I've had my progress wiped once, let alone three times. Looking into it now it seems that it's happened to tons of PS4 players. The notes for the latest patch even say that they've "reduced the probability of a corrupted save file in the single player campaign," lol. Embarrassing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What i found absolutely lame is that the game is barely working yet theyre selling expansion packs already.

Dont get me wrong i loooooove the way DICE does expansion packs but i dunno if now is the right time.

iso135

I played three games last night and only crashed once. Pretty good improvement, hah.

Man this game will really be amazing when (if?) it gets totally fixed.

Got the new patch to see if it would make a difference. 3rd kill I make:

iUhBzUBs04Zm2.gif

Nope. It's time to delete this laughable excuse for a multiplayer game.

Dice dev about the one hit kill and if it's actually fixed:

Yes and no.

There were two issues. One was an actual OHK (you shoot someone, they die from one bullet). That one was fixed.

The other is an issue with how deaths are communicated from server to client, which means you can sometimes appear to die instantly, but whoever shot you still actually shot the appropriate amount of bullets. The fix for this is a server-side fix, and we are looking at getting it out as soon as possible.

Let's find out!

Ah, a snag in my plans. It wants a US billing address on the SEN. Wait... Amazon however don't, and they have a digital download code... let's try that. Saving is £10.

Well... it accepted the code on the US PS+ account, downloaded and installed the Premium data. However, when I go to play it doesn't load it up at all, just vanilla BF4 on both US PS+ account and UK PS+ account.

T&Cs say it will work on any Playstation 4 account that's registered to the Primary Console. So... confused. Only guess is EA servers pinging my IP as being from UK and blocking the content?

Grabbing China Rising at the moment. All these screens and videos are just making me wish that they brought back Daqing Oilfield and all the US maps from Armored Fury for some reason.

PS4 Servers just went down?

--

EA 'Help'

you
Hi, the BF4 Premium Content I purchased won't show up on the PS4

Hem
Hello.

you
Redeemed it from the 12 digit code on the PSN

you
Downloaded via PSN

you
but it does not register with the PS4 that I have it, it keeps loading up vanilla BF4

Hem
May I know if you have the premium service for battlefield 4?

Grief.exe

Got the new patch to see if it would make a difference. 3rd kill I make:

iUhBzUBs04Zm2.gif

Nope. It's time to delete this laughable excuse for a multiplayer game.

We noticed last night that whenever something circumspect like that would happen the other guy would always be left with one health.

Why does this happen so consistently? That is such a strange occurence to reproduce over and over.

We also noticed that the same guy was responsible for many of the strange netcode related deaths. He had 160+ ping.

Fersis

I believe they were to patch the servers so maybe thats why is not working right now.

Jharp

Genuinely surprised that the single player isn't dog shit this time around. It's not amazing, but it's decently fun with it's absurdly bad story and decent enough encounter design. Of course, I am coming off of still-lingering horrific memories of Battlefield 3's terrible campaign, and the last shooter I played was Killzone: Shadow Fall, which was a turd so smelly I couldn't finish it.

Then again, Bad Company 1 and 2's campaigns were's so goddamn fun, it does make me sad that all we got with BF3 and BF4 were CoD knock offs.

Oddly enough, I've had few issues with the multiplayer (playing on PS4), and nearly every game I've had has been a blast, despite getting my ass handed to me on a number of occasions.

willow ve

Servers were down for multiplayer, decided to jump into single player and unlock some more gear/achievements.

Fuck me - forces me to restart the game from the beginning level. What the fuck DICE? All game data (beat the game on 2 hardness settings) aren't showing.

And then to add insult to injury game freezes and locks up the 360 half way through the first mission.

As well you should! I can't think of any game in the past 5 years where I've had my progress wiped once, let alone three times. Looking into it now it seems that it's happened to tons of PS4 players. The notes for the latest patch even say that they've "reduced the probability of a corrupted save file in the single player campaign," lol. Embarrassing.

If you exit the game after each mission and back up your save to the cloud it reduces the pain somewhat. I had the save wiped 2 times but only lost 1/2 a missions worth of progress each time by restoring the backups.

I would never pay full price for Premium with the joke that has been BF4 since its release. It's unbelievable to me that anyone would.

PRE-oRDER BONUZ: GET CHINA RISING EXPANSION FOR FREE WITH YOUR BF4 PREORDER1!151!!!!1

...two weeks later. Eat a fat cock, EA and DICE.

Overdoziz

Banned
The PS4 game update that was originally meant to go live Dec 3 is undergoing some additional testing and will be rescheduled for a later date. We will get back with final details as soon as we have verification that the update is good to go.

dice.001.gif

Dr Prob

Banned
Played a ton of this over the holiday. Apart from the general bugginess, there are some things I can't wrap my mind around.

- Anti-air tank. Seems like you shouldn't be able to park just outside your spawn and control the entirety of a map's airspace. Yeah, it's fun to use the active radar missiles and watch everything crash and burn, but you know it's not right.

- Attack chopper. Don't want to give into hyperbole and proclaim it totally useless, as a good pilot/gunner combo can still do well from time to time, but it's dependent on the other team not paying attention. Needs something, perhaps several somethings. Below radar, ECM bump, gunner flares maybe? How much for one flare?

- Little Bird. Hate to advocate for anything that would put a damper on people working together, but an invincible fast-moving aircraft with a2g/a2a weapons with dudes hanging off the sides firing off stingers seems a bit much. wtf.

- wtf. I think someone dropped a usb stick, there was a mix-up and the MBT LAW is actually some crazy proto-shit from Battlefront. Active defense can block most everything, even salvos of the most powerful stuff the game has to offer, but not the default launcher? People dismiss it because of the relatively low damage, but neglect the fact that you barely even have to aim and it's basically a guaranteed hit. A team of engineers should absolutely beat a tank, but I feel like at some point they should have to aim.

Obviously the most important thing is getting the game stable for everyone, but I look forward to the DICE balance pendulum being unleashed.

meppi

We noticed last night that whenever something circumspect like that would happen the other guy would always be left with one health.

Why does this happen so consistently? That is such a strange occurence to reproduce over and over.

Yep, I had this happen dozens upon dozens of times. Really suspect. :-/

Puts you in a random game mode?

Nope. Give you a "lost connection to the game" type error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom