• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp at least they fixed the cra---no they didn't went 5 minutes in and crashed in the middle of Lancang Dam.

I don't remember the last time I got such an ass reaming from a publisher for buying their game full price, plus one DLC up front.

zma1013

Played a ton of this over the holiday. Apart from the general bugginess, there are some things I can't wrap my mind around.

- Anti-air tank. Seems like you shouldn't be able to park just outside your spawn and control the entirety of a map's airspace. Yeah, it's fun to use the active radar missiles and watch everything crash and burn, but you know it's not right.

- Attack chopper. Don't want to give into hyperbole and proclaim it totally useless, as a good pilot/gunner combo can still do well from time to time, but it's dependent on the other team not paying attention. Needs something, perhaps several somethings. Below radar, ECM bump, gunner flares maybe? How much for one flare?

- Little Bird. Hate to advocate for anything that would put a damper on people working together, but an invincible fast-moving aircraft with a2g/a2a weapons with dudes hanging off the sides firing off stingers seems a bit much. wtf.

- wtf. I think someone dropped a usb stick, there was a mix-up and the MBT LAW is actually some crazy proto-shit from Battlefront. Active defense can block most everything, even salvos of the most powerful stuff the game has to offer, but not the default launcher? People dismiss it because of the relatively low damage, but neglect the fact that you barely even have to aim and it's basically a guaranteed hit. A team of engineers should absolutely beat a tank, but I feel like at some point they should have to aim.

Obviously the most important thing is getting the game stable for everyone, but I look forward to the DICE balance pendulum being unleashed.

I agree with pretty much everything there. Attack chopper is a flying coffin now; Scout chopper is an invincible flying death swiss army knife that requires an entirely disproportionate amount of resources to counter and/or a jet pilot willing to ram them and suicide; and the LAW are just silly. They may not have high damage or criticals, but you can fire them like damn machine guns, they reload so quickly it seems.

Spl1nter

New maps are similar in focus to armored kill/chinese bf2 maps, other than guilin peaks. It is a nice infantry only map. Dragon Pass definitely has a very bf2 feel to it.

Grief.exe

Guilin is a good infantry map?

Finally, been waiting for one of those to come out. Maybe I will find a good 24/7 Guilin Peaks Conquest Large server.

Spl1nter

Also to note, load times are much quicker in the expansion, similar to bf3 vanilla vs dlc. So confused why it is like this especially with how much bigger these maps are than the base maps.

Overdoziz

Banned
Well, SPM is a simple math equation. There's no need to complicate things.
But without having a consistent base of points for each action it's a pretty pointless statistic. You could have two players, both with a 1000 SPM, but with one player having to do a lot more work than the other because he didn't play during a double exp weekend while the other did.

Ocho

But without having a consistent base of points for each action it's a pretty pointless statistic. You could have two players, both with a 1000 SPM, but with one player having to do a lot more work than the other because he didn't play during a double exp weekend while the other did.

I'd argue that stat was useless before double xp. You'd have your Operation Locker 24/7 dude with 1k SPM, so yeah. The only stat that 'matters' is W/L, and that one is still wonky, since it mostly depends if you play in a group or you don't.

Edit: I understand your point, I've thought about it before. My friend began playing during 2xp and has 1.2k SPM points at the moment, topping the leaderboards. I guess it'd be nice if Dice had a separate 'bonus' score that wouldn't factor into the equation. But I wouldn't say DICE is being DICE, I don't think it's needed.

weevles

Had an interesting bug in SP campaign where I climbed up a ladder on the Valkyrie and when I got to the top, I got launched 500 ft in the air and landed in the ocean. Needless to say, I had to restart from checkpoint. :p

Also had a game crashing bug last night. I quit at that point. >_<

vixlar

Also to note, load times are much quicker in the expansion, similar to bf3 vanilla vs dlc. So confused why it is like this especially with how much bigger these maps are than the base maps.

Are you playing on consoles or PC?

In consoles could be because the expansions are being read from the HD while the vanilla maps are read from optical disc. If it is on PC, I couldn't say why.

Seanspeed

Banned
Tried 4 times now to get into a match and I just get a black screen with the loading sounds over it.

I'm hesitant to say this is all EA's fault. I've got a feeling that while DICE are incredibly talented in many areas, networks and connections is seriously not one of them. It would explain so much.

Dug

Banned
PS4 Premium user here, how do I download China Rising? Can't seem to find the download button in the menus...

Overdoziz

Banned
PS4 Premium user here, how do I download China Rising? Can't seem to find the download button in the menus...
It's not up because reasons.

--

On a different note, I shot a chopper out of the air with a mobile artillery:
ISmQOQ7.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Milennia

Ah, that sucks. Would be nice to play the maps today...

You should be able ...

The stability patch was delayed, not the dlc.

The problem right now is on sonys end, and the mods on the official forums are saying it will go up when the store updates today.

What the frack. I have premium. The DLC is downloaded and installed. But every time I try to join a server with one of the new maps, I get....

"Battlefield 4 - China Rising

You need to download and install the new expansion"

SDL:kfjas asdkl;f jaskl jqja;erkljdgfs

creyas

Not feeling the China Rising maps at all. The round infantry-ish map is a bit too much of a clusterfuck, people coming in from all directions (64p). Rest are just vehicle rape, insane amounts of em.

Nameless

Fuck this revive bug... Been sitting here waiting for the game to end as i cant do anything but quit the game .

A teammate went to revive me as I was altering my loadout, which is what usually triggers the bug as best I can tell. However this time I was revived, only my HUD & reticle disappeared and while I could move & shoot, none of my shots would register and I was completely invisible(and invincible) to the enemy.

Sadly I received no ribbon or dog tag for reaching the Otherside.

EVIL

A teammate went to revive me as I was altering my loadout, which is what usually triggers the bug as best I can tell. However this time I was revived, only my HUD & reticle disappeared and while I could move & shoot, none of my shots would register and I was completely invisible(and invincible) to the enemy.

Sadly I received no ribbon or dog tag for reaching the Otherside.

I remember the same bug on BF3

Ok, so now I'm getting non-China Rising servers with China Rising maps running, and everything crashes if I try to join. I think they fucked up with the servers.

At any rate, all the good servers have gone China Rising, so it's a forced break for me. I suspect I'll have moved on after two weeks, so this was altogether a complete waste of money for me. I guess I should treat EA like a timeshare telemarketer from now on.

gossi

What the frack. I have premium. The DLC is downloaded and installed. But every time I try to join a server with one of the new maps, I get....

"Battlefield 4 - China Rising

You need to download and install the new expansion"

SDL:kfjas asdkl;f jaskl jqja;erkljdgfs

Xbox One? You have to Xbox Go Home, click menu button, select "Quit". Then start game again. Then the install finishes.

DICE really fucked up this game launch. Nothing feels finished.

DarkFlow

Banned
We noticed last night that whenever something circumspect like that would happen the other guy would always be left with one health.

Why does this happen so consistently? That is such a strange occurence to reproduce over and over.

We also noticed that the same guy was responsible for many of the strange netcode related deaths. He had 160+ ping.

Yeah I've seen that also. Every time we both die, it always says the other guy has 1 health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom