• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now you have to wait 2 weeks if don't have premium for the new maps? Getting real sick of this anti consumer bs.
Imagine if the game had been published by CD Projekt Red instead, all maps would be free and the game wouldn't been released in a broken state.

Like Angry Joe said: "EA, you done fucked up Battlefield 4".

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, got the Air Superiority medal without actually playing a round by lucking into joining on the winning team. Hoorah.

Now I gotta suffer that mode for jet attack ribbons unless someone wants to help me with that? D:

So, does Dragon Pass feel ANYTHING like Dragon Valley? Can't play until tonight...

So now you have to wait 2 weeks if don't have premium for the new maps? Getting real sick of this anti consumer bs.
Imagine if the game had been published by CD Projekt Red instead, all maps would be free and the game wouldn't been released in a broken state.

Like Angry Joe said: "EA, you done fucked up Battlefield 4".

Yeah, it's kinda beyond fucked up if you preordered and "got" China Rising but still have to wait.

Did they do that with B2K? I thought that was released for everyone at the same time...maybe early on PS3, which was known due to the EA/Sony deal?

TheSeks

Premium wasn't around when B2K launched. That's different.

MedIC86

this game fucking unforgivable how bad it works. i played for like an hour got a 12k score with dont know how much ribbons and stuff, 3 kit unlocks. fucking game crashes on the last 20 tickets.

this game fucking unforgivable how bad it works. i played for like an hour got a 12k score with dont know how much ribbons and stuff, 3 kit unlocks. fucking game crashes on the last 20 tickets.

Server or client crash? Unless it was a server crash, you get the points once the round ends.

MedIC86

Server or client crash? Unless it was a server crash, you get the points once the round ends.

I have no idea, the screen goes black and i get the loading thingie on the top right. and then it goes back to desktop with no message at all. And also i still dont have any points added, how long does that usually take then?

Faith

I have no idea, the screen goes black and i get the loading thingie on the top right. and then it goes back to desktop with no message at all. And also i still dont have any points added, how long does that usually take then?
You said 20 tickets left, so you should have the points by now.

TheSeks

Please, DICE: No more locking things to shitty things (Jets).

Kthx.

If you bring out an "unlock China Rising weapons and vehicles" shortcut kit, I'll buy it. No joke.

Getting these five jet kills is impossible with pro pilots around.

Kthx.

If you bring out an "unlock China Rising weapons and vehicles" shortcut kit, I'll buy it. No joke.

if you play air superiority there's bound to be someone worse then you

TheSeks

if you play air superiority there's bound to be someone worse then you

There's no one worse than me. Because LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LO--dead
LOCK LOCK--dead
LOCK LO--Dead
LOC--Dead

OH I SEE SOMEONE! *tries to get a bead on them and their wingmen anytime comes in and*
LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK--Dead

Fuck this mode, at least I got that requirement out of the way. But fucking jet kills: Impossible.

And pro-pilots e-wanking in it. Fuck sake.

DICE: Stop putting things in shitty things, kthx, again.

Milennia

Kthx.

Where can i find the asignments for the weapons etc.?

TheSeks

O ok those, i have the tar already didn't realize those were the weapons lol.

My complaint is with the "UCAV" unlock. EYES IN THE SKY assignement.

Reach rank 10 (Done)
China Rising (Done)

AWARD REQUIREMENTS

Air Superiority ribbon x1: 1/1
Jet Fighter ribbon x3: 0/3 <----*foams at mouth over shitty requirement*

And I need to unlock that for "I'M DYNAMITE!" in Advanced.

Dunno where the Bombing Raid is, because I could unlock the basic one easy if I knew where those were.

TheSeks

Oh, and I'm not liking Dirtbikes this outing. I think it has to do with the reworked physics. Like the Jetskis, when you get up to speed it becomes IMPOSSIBLE to control it. :/

todahawk

What is a good sniper?
too easy? ...dead sniper

Played a ton of this over the holiday. Apart from the general bugginess, there are some things I can't wrap my mind around.

- Anti-air tank. Seems like you shouldn't be able to park just outside your spawn and control the entirety of a map's airspace. Yeah, it's fun to use the active radar missiles and watch everything crash and burn, but you know it's not right.
i had active unlocked but hadn't messed with them until recently. i can't believe how fast stuff goes down now.
as tempted as I am i can't sit back though, i move up with the mobile AA and attack ground troops/light armor with the vulcan.

- Attack chopper. Don't want to give into hyperbole and proclaim it totally useless, as a good pilot/gunner combo can still do well from time to time, but it's dependent on the other team not paying attention. Needs something, perhaps several somethings. Below radar, ECM bump, gunner flares maybe? How much for one flare?
had a guy on the other team tearing us up with one this weekend but that was the first i've seen. he was using the smart missiles (last unlock) but next spawn I switch to IGLA and waited for him to pop his flares and brought him down pretty quick. I still fly the attack chopper when I get the chance but it doesn't handle as well as the little bird and makes escape hard. definitely needs a couple of buffs.

- Little Bird. Hate to advocate for anything that would put a damper on people working together, but an invincible fast-moving aircraft with a2g/a2a weapons with dudes hanging off the sides firing off stingers seems a bit much. wtf.
guilty. i repair little birds and transports on the fly and swap out for stingers.
laser guided with 25mm cannon on obliteration and I pop enemies in light vehicles making quick runs for plants.

- wtf. I think someone dropped a usb stick, there was a mix-up and the MBT LAW is actually some crazy proto-shit from Battlefront. Active defense can block most everything, even salvos of the most powerful stuff the game has to offer, but not the default launcher? People dismiss it because of the relatively low damage, but neglect the fact that you barely even have to aim and it's basically a guaranteed hit. A team of engineers should absolutely beat a tank, but I feel like at some point they should have to aim.

Obviously the most important thing is getting the game stable for everyone, but I look forward to the DICE balance pendulum being unleashed.
assuming that applies to the support portable active defense as well? been meaning to try that on maps with tons of rockets flying around.

oh and I hope at some point they find the fucking time to fix the clipping on the game... can't tell you how many times I'll be in a vehicle and drive over a hill or something else and it gets magically caught and stuck. most people bail but i'm a stubborn ass and if i'm not getting hammered I'll floor it and hit boost and try to wiggle it around. Sometimes I get lucky after awhile and can free it.

same thing on foot, there will be some low lip to a window or a small wall or a small something and you can't fucking get past it. trying to climb over it only seems to work if you find the sweet spot at the perfect angle. it's bad enough when a teammate flies right by and doesn't get stuck. even worse when it's an enemy and you get popped.

i've also noticed a lot more lag and stuttering on conquest. overall hit detection is sketchy. it'll be spot on for a few sessions and then i'll put three blasts from my shotty into a guy point blank, no hit markers at all, he turns and I die.

i know this is classic battlefield but please stop putting me in matches with less than 2 minutes left. k? thx.

/rant
quoting myself from the patch thread.

Grief.exe

Wow my skill tanked when I was trying to rank up snipers. Its because, no matter what I do I can't keep my SPM up.

I'm even arming Mcoms and topping the leaderboard, but my skill goes down. I also am new to sniping.

Fuck this revive bug... Been sitting here waiting for the game to end as i cant do anything but quit the game .

Just quit, you will still get all of your unlocks and kills when the round ends and battlelog updates and you won't tank your SPM.

TheSeks

Fuck this revive bug... Been sitting here waiting for the game to end as i cant do anything but quit the game .

I had that happen to me once, I had to quit and rejoin to help my team win. It's crazy.

Ensirius

Can't join any China Rising map, it says I need to update game with china rising, which I did. On my Origin BF4 page it says China Rising launches on the 17th

Milennia

Wow my skill tanked when I was trying to rank up snipers. Its because, no matter what I do I can't keep my SPM up.

I'm even arming Mcoms and topping the leaderboard, but my skill goes down. I also am new to sniping.

Just quit, you will still get all of your unlocks and kills when the round ends and battlelog updates and you won't tank your SPM.

I had that happen to me once, I had to quit and rejoin to help my team win. It's crazy.

Ended up just crashing anyway, damn ... Ive tried reviving people and nothing happens maybe 30% of the time? Maybe thats what they are getting.

TheSeks

Can't join any China Rising map, it says I need to update game with china rising, which I did. On my Origin BF4 page it says China Rising launches on the 17th

You're not premium, that's why.

The update is also a client patch. They rolled it into one and made it "China Rising" because "China Rising" sounds better than "Client Update to fix OHK bug and includes China Rising for Premium."

TheSeks

Buy our game before its out? Get the free DLC two weeks late! DICE logic

More like EA logic. I seriously doubt DICE wanted Premium, but EA forced it on them due to Call of Duty "Elite" service.

Attack choppers need a buff, maybe better rate of climb or shorter flare time. Its hard to recover when you get hit by a IGLA but not impossible. I dunno, I only have about an hour of combat time in it. Maybe it will be more rewarding when I get more unlocks. Also, the attack chopper is more of north/south type of craft. You can't dip/dive duck as much as the scout, it has too much momentum. I just strafe, turn and dive and strafe again then find altitude or cover if I can.

Scout Choppers are really good and with the right map & cover, you can avoid the majority of missiles without even popping a flare. Its the closest to feel like I am playing Decent or a Twin Joystick shooter. Oh and snipers on roofs or hillsides are freaking dead if people tag them for me.

Grief.exe

Doesn't it cost more to buy all the map packs separately?

Surprised they don't release the single packs first and premium second!

Premium is more money up front, companies will always take less money up front then the potential for more down the line.

Of course, the likelihood of people to pick up all of the map packs is very low. People are less and less likely to continually purchase map packs as time goes on. Premium grabs their money before people lose interest.

Acinixys

M249 seems broken to me. Ive been using it a shitload lately and it shoots lasers up to 200 or so meters. I was playing Dam today and was camping the A building killing snipers on the C island. Got 13 kills before a sniper got me. Seems pretty messed up that a LMG is more effective than a sniper past 100m

And you thought they fixed the game?

Oh man, I didn't realize that my Digital Deluxe edition didn't qualify for me to play the content I paid extra for. I guess that'll learn me to buy EA.

Fuck me, but this is a giant dick move by them. One that I should've seen coming, but still.

M249 seems broken to me. Ive been using it a shitload lately and it shoots lasers up to 200 or so meters. I was playing Dam today and was camping the A building killing snipers on the C island. Got 13 kills before a sniper got me. Seems pretty messed up that a LMG is more effective than a sniper past 100m

And you thought they fixed the game?

I agree, but I'm pretty sure for me, a lot of this is attributed to the fact that I can't snipe for shit in this game.

kakashi08

I currently have the "deluxe edition", does that mean I have to wait till the 16th to play "china rising"? How much was the "premium edition"? I thought the Deluxe Edition was the better one, I remember paying more than $59.99 for it.

Spazo

I currently have the "deluxe edition", does that mean I have to wait till the 16th to play "china rising"? How much was the "premium edition"? I thought the Deluxe Edition was the better one, I remember paying more than $59.99 for it.

yes you will have to wait until the 16-17th. blame EA for this bullshit

premium is 49.99 and require the base game 59.99. So it cost 110$

Fuck you. Give them $50 and then maybe they'll let you play China Rising - servers willing. Until then enjoy your 3 Battlepacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom