• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
When will we be able to unlock the M1911 scope?

Today. Play a round and it should appear, otherwise it'll appear after today whenever DICE collects whoever played today's data and gives it to the people that played today.

Today. Play a round and it should appear, otherwise it'll appear after today whenever DICE collects whoever played today's data and gives it to the people that played today.

Alright. Still haven't unlocked it yet after playing to rounds.

Not that I'm planning on actually using it, but it should be fun trying out it I guess.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm downloading a 608mb file for BF4 on PS4, is that the new patch?

Edit: Apparently it is. Hopefully audio will now work for streams.
Edit2: Yep, audio now works.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Tried a few games again.

The game isn't disconnecting and crashing every 5 minutes like earlier today, but on the other hand it is now a laggy mess.

I'm getting killed before hit markers show me were the shots are coming from. And I guess it's not the 1 hit kill bug since it is constant now.

Damn, I really wanna get pissed and angry about this but I just feel sad. My K/D is dropping vertiginously, I know I shouldn't worry about stats but it's disheartening to see all this shit happening when you know full well it isn't your fault.

Can't play the game like this. I think I'm just going to play Killzone when my PS4 arrives. Maybe I'll buy NFS Rivals or AC and just forget about BF.

Still trying to snag a PS4... but in the meantime, the PS3 version has pretty much sapped all my enthusiasm for the game.

Maybe this will change when I finally get to play with some gaffers again (playing with olimpia when he is occasionally on is pretty fun) but soloing is just awful lately.

Plas, game runs like poop on PS3.

LOLOLOL (ahh, was posted on the last page)

WTF Dice. After the MAV I can't believe they put in something else like this.

That looks really fun though. I'd love to see a server where people just crashed those into each other.

Omg... how do you miss that?

Still trying to snag a PS4... but in the meantime, the PS3 version has pretty much sapped all my enthusiasm for the game.

Maybe this will change when I finally get to play with some gaffers again (playing with olimpia when he is occasionally on is pretty fun) but soloing is just awful lately.

It's way more fun with the right people. The solo experience is terrible.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I feel like DICE constantly makes the same mistakes over and over - game after game. Two steps forward, two steps back.

The invulnerable little bird is another example.

The little bird thing pisses me off... I'm a pretty good LB pilot, but I rarely, if ever, have passengers doing reps or using stingers. So when I come up against one of those flying tanks, it is quite frustrating to out-fly them but not be able to take them down. The last time, I actually ran out of ammo during the dogfight because they were able to absorb all that damage.

When an IGLA finally downed me... I just put down the controller and turned off the system. For like three days.

lol

:(

venom2124

I just tried out the flir scope with the sg553. Holy moly it makes the game easy mode. I definitely recommend the flir, especially on darker maps. I used it on golmund and I was picking people off before they could even react.

JJD

Omg... how do you miss that?

It was pretty fun playing with you and Olimpia!

When we play together again I'll ride in your little bird as an engineer! I need the repairs pins for some assignments and friendly smurfs always run away when I try to fix their vehicles! Lol!

That's really shitty to hear. I have the game, but I've been putting off playing it until all its issues have been ironed out. Is the state of the game worse now than it was on release? That's what it sounds like.

I'll give it one more month. In the interim, there are plenty of other games to play.

I hope you try the game, it's too fun flying with you!

When are you switching to PS4 anyway?
The crashing has been less frequent for us, about once every 4-5 rounds.

Hopefully in 2 weeks. I already bought it and my sister is bringing it for me from the UK. Fingers crossed I don't get any issues like the blue line of death or I'm screwed. Considering my luck, I'm very, very afraid.

How's PS4 GAF doing? Are the regulars still playing? Seems like Olimpia prefers to play the PS3 version even though he already got a PS4.

I saw that you've been playing commander a lot! It will be nice to have a great commander at our side.

I just tried out the flir scope with the sg553. Holy moly it makes the game easy mode. I definitely recommend the flir, especially on darker maps. I used it on golmund and I was picking people off before they could even react.

Yeah, I've been using those scopes for awhile now, and while they certainly have their advantages, they're at least nowhere near the IRNV from BF3 launch. They still have their very limited range of view, and the 'glowing' effect peters out somewhere around 100 yards. They're great, especially on Zavod, but they do have drawbacks. And while I like the colors of the FLIR more, overall I prefer the IRNV since the 2x of the FLIR can get really claustrophobic at short ranges.

But then of course at the same time DICE comes out with the PLD, which completely invalidates any sense of balance they demonstrated with the scopes. It's ridiculous.

JJD

So I decided to try to play a couple matches to see how the game was handling. Saw the message that they were rolling an update and I was skeptical things would be OK.

Surprisingly everything worked fine. There was no more unbearable lag (thank God!!! nothing pisses me off more than this) and the game didn't freeze over 3 matches. I was happy.

Then when the update process was over (I imagine) I was disconnected from the server, no big deal I thought, except that now I can't join a single game anymore. I lose connection to the session still on the loading screen. Tried for a good 20 minutes.

Fucking Dice, there is always something with this game.

I'm done with BF4 for a couple days, going to play 3DS Zelda, at least Nintendo's games work properly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Weird that Olimpia is playing the PS3 version, but not surprising given how the PS4 version is running, I guess.

Should've gotten the PS3 version for the M1911 scope today, but no regrets. I made my decision and it's fun being called "FAGGOT" for using the DMRs in some games with Splinter and others insulting me. :(

It was pretty fun playing with you and Olimpia!

When we play together again I'll ride in your little bird as an engineer! I need the repairs pins for some assignments and friendly smurfs always run away when I try to fix their vehicles! Lol!

I hope you try the game, it's too fun flying with you!

Hopefully in 2 weeks. I already bought it and my sister is bringing it for me from the UK. Fingers crossed I don't get any issues like the blue line of death or I'm screwed. Considering my luck, I'm very, very afraid.

How's PS4 GAF doing? Are the regulars still playing? Seems like Olimpia prefers to play the PS3 version even though he already got a PS4.

I saw that you've been playing commander a lot! It will be nice to have a great commander at our side.
PS4 gaf is doing well. We're still waiting for some ps3 gaffers, but we have about 4+ gaffers playing the same match on average at a certain period of time.

Spazo

Battlefield 4 expansion development on hold until issues are fixed

Since Battlefield 4 China Rising expansion pack was already in the final stages of development by the time issues began with Battlefield 4, we decided to fulfill our promise to deliver it this week, but we're not moving onto future projects or expansions until we sort out all the issues with Battlefield 4," said the rep, confirming that all other development is currently on hold.

We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel your pain. We will not stop until this is right

Amazon US issued a refund on the Battlefield 4 Premium DLC I purchased. Those guys are the kings of customer service, they seem to have a very aware customer service department when it comes to online gaming and 'bug' issues.

Good guys!

RS4-

Ever since I moved to 8.1, I can't have BF4 and Steam running at the same time; if there's game update in the middle of playing, BF4 just tanks to some unplayable framerate until I quit.

7, no issues if Steam was updating at the same time.

Also, Dice XP boost over?

BPoole

It's very dull, just a big desert. There's no interesting set pieces or entertaining parts in it to fight in.

I played a match there and it was just tanks surrounding a small base by parking at the top of a dune. When there would start getting shot, they would just back down dune and repair themselves. The only time I could get kills was by taking a dirtbike when they backed up and killing the engineer

Day three of this game being completely unplayable for me on PC. This is fucking insanity.

Just constant "client closed down connection" and "could not join server" errors.

Seanspeed

Banned
These new maps just suck. I feel like BF4 is kind of gone overboard with the Armor on some of the maps. If I'm not a Eng, I just get mowed down by tanks and LAV's left and right, shit is annoying and rather boring.
Two of the maps are like that, definitely. I forget which is which, but the big, wide-open ones are possibly the worst multiplayer maps I've ever come across. I'm sure they're great fun for expert vehicle pilots, but other than that, they're ridiculously one-dimensional.

The other two, Guilin Peaks and the other one, are pretty great.

I'm still dying left and right everywhere, but I don't feel that you are forced into any one playstyle, which I appreciate.

I guess the classic Battlefield fans love the all-vehicle warfare, but I think its garbage. You are pretty much stuck into one sort of role and that's it. That's all you do. And if you're not good at it? Well you're fucked, because you're never going to get better because you will die within 30 seconds of trying.

Even though he's insufferable, Pwnstar thinks Silk Road is one of the best CQ maps in the Battlefield series. His reasoning is that, if you want to play infantry combat, there are infantry-specific modes for that; BF has typically been about a careful balance between infantry and vehicles.

I disagree that there isn't much to do on Silk Road. There are three cap points that are close together and offer a good mix of infantry and vehicle combat--in fact, I think infantry dominate the main hanger/center point. It's a deathtrap for vehicles because there are so many hiding spots. The other area near that (not the chopper crash, I forget the point) is similar. We had so much trouble holding it because infantry kept infiltrating/parachuting onto it.

Then you have the points that are way on the outskirts that you can cap with just a few people and offer a nice change of pace from the mayhem of the others.

And then there's the mesa v dune tank battles that are awesome to take part in and watch.

I still haven't played Altai on CQ yet. Guilin has an awesome flow, and Dragon Pass is solid.

zma1013

Altai is a straight up vehicle map. Infantry get chewed up as there's very little cover anywhere for them. The only safe haven is the central point on the mountain. Good map for C4 motorcycles though, but then you're left exposed in the open with no getaway vehicle and where there's one armored vehicle, there is another behind it.

Grief.exe

Altai is a straight up vehicle map. Infantry get chewed up as there's very little cover anywhere for them. The only safe haven is the central point on the mountain. Good map for C4 motorcycles though, but then you're left exposed in the open with no getaway vehicle and where there's one armored vehicle, there is another behind it.

Sounds like Guilin Peaks is the place to be for Infantry combat in China Rising. Hopefully I will find a 24/7 Conq server when I finally get access.

The rest of the maps I will probably play in TDM or Dom.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I kind of like Silk Road, the one side has the desert area for vehicles, then there's the base for infantry, then the plateau'y side can do both infantry and vehicles.

zma1013

So what's the consensus on the best guns for each class then?

M416 Seems to be doing me very well for assault

Anything with the ACB or AQB or whatever prefix, I can't remember what they're called, all seem to be great. Carbine and assault classes.

M416 is good for assault.

SKS for DMRs, although I think most of them are pretty shitty anyways.

Shotguns all seem generally similar, just a choice between having automatic fire/less dmg or pump action/more dmg.

My personal preference of PDWs is the PDW-R. You can use it like a carbine, it's effective at farther ranges than it probably ought to be, even with a suppressor and has really good hip fire when paired with a laser.

Not sure about snipers or machine guns though, haven't used them enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom