• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
First time playing this online with friends and I can't believe how terrible it is compared to BC2. I thought the overuse of recon was bad enough in that game, it's 80% of the player base in this one. Doesn't help that it takes a million shots to kill people either.

Technically speaking the game was surprisingly perfect. No lag, bugs or crashes. It's just...not fun to play.

Milennia

So after the patch...

I am noticing for the first time this bug incidentally..

Was 1 shot from 100-0 by a p90 , MX4 and a UMP-9

Overdoziz

Banned
First time playing this online with friends and I can't believe how terrible it is compared to BC2. I thought the overuse of recon was bad enough in that game, it's 80% of the player base in this one. Doesn't help that it takes a million shots to kill people either.

Technically speaking the game was surprisingly perfect. No lag, bugs or crashes. It's just...not fun to play.
Killtimes are faster than in BC2 and BF3, though.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?

Did you even play BC2? It took like a year to kill people in that game. BF3 & 4's gunplay shits all over it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Trying to complete a round and "Battlefield 4 has stopped responding."

Fucks sake, DICE. :/ And I got a UAV kill to check the box off that round. I swear if Battlelog doesn't show a report about that round in an hour I'm going to be pissed.

NameGenerated

Well I've never seen that, unless you were using a PDW from a long way away or something. BC2's shite hit detection, ridiculous kill times, and focus on Rush were why I couldn't stand that game.

I'm mixed on that.

If you armed just as you hit 0 tickets, you'd normally lose if you didn't arm. So if they kill you all in over-time and don't disarm, why should they lose for going out of their way to clear you all out?

On the other hand, I can see where you're coming from and that game should continue forward because they didn't defend/disarm the crate. But...

but your objective as a defender is to protect the M-COM, so if you kill the other team off but fail to protect the M-COM, you should lose.

aranth

Just unlocked the Scar DMR yesterday...I'm in love.

Yep, it has been a grueling grind to the SCAR-H SV, but I'm really liking it. It's an improved MK11 with a bit less recoil so it's easier to keep your target on your sights. I tried to make the M39 EMR work, but it kicks like a mule and makes followup shoots really inaccurate. Dice should make all dmr 3 shots to kill at max distance, right now its 28-30 damage after 50-60 meters (body shots, not headshots) and that 4th bullet means the enemy usually slips away with a sliver of health. Another thing that bums me out is that the low muzzle velocity really discourages the use of suppressors on dmrs if you want to be able to hit anything that moves.

TheSeks

MPK isn't horrible. Just like the RFB/starting DMR. A lot of people sleep on it because they expect it to be something it isn't.

The Faceless Master said:
but your objective as a defender is to protect the M-COM, so if you kill the other team off but fail to protect the M-COM, you should lose.

It's both:

-Kill the defenders
-Before they arm

However if you killed them even when they armed in BC2, it was a loss.

In BF3, it added "overtime" to where if you didn't disarm it, they'd win.

Whereas in BF4 it's a mix of the two: Disarm and they lose, they spawn from 0 tickets left, they lose.

Writing it out like that, it's easy to see why DICE made the change: Best of both worlds.

Overdoziz

Banned
MPK isn't horrible. Just like the RFB/starting DMR. A lot of people sleep on it because they expect it to be something it isn't.

It's both:

-Kill the defenders
-Before they arm

However if you killed them even when they armed in BC2, it was a loss.

In BF3, it added "overtime" to where if you didn't disarm it, they'd win.

Whereas in BF4 it's a mix of the two: Disarm and they lose, they spawn from 0 tickets left, they lose.

Writing it out like that, it's easy to see why DICE made the change: Best of both worlds.
It doesn't make sense that you lose the moment a new person spawns, though. When the attackers are out of reinforcements you shouldn't be able to spawn anyway. Simply not being able to spawn at that point would make a lot more sense. As it is overtime is just broken.

1upmuffin

They took the idea of Firestorm (BF3/Second Assault), just an empty desert with some building placed randomly and ran with it.

They did do some upgrades to Firestorm, such as varied terrain height and more interesting infantry encounters in buildings, but that is it.

They basically took the most mundane map from BF3 and iterated on it...yet they are bringing the mundane map over to BF4 via Second Assault.

I don't see why they are bringing Firestorm back at all, Grand Bazaar would be such a better choice. Firestorm was only interesting because it was the biggest map in BF3 at launch but it was so boring, and they have since made better large maps, so why not choose a better one?

Ocho

People should remember that Firestorm PC had 5 cap points instead of only 3. The map was much better for me, anyway.

Is there any reason for me to sit on these XP boosters? I have a couple 200%, a couple 100%, and a litter of 50%'s and 25%'s.

Is it recommended that I use the highest ones now, or use them after the free boost is disabled?

Rizific

ugh, ive been getting the sound loop crash for the past few days. i can play a couple matches just fine, then the crash usually comes when a big explosion goes off near me =[

Nori Chan

Seriously I freezes like 7 times in a row with the xbox one. I don't even know what's wrong with dice and their shit. I have never played a buggier more glitched game then this junk they called bf4.

Grief.exe

I don't see why they are bringing Firestorm back at all, Grand Bazaar would be such a better choice. Firestorm was only interesting because it was the biggest map in BF3 at launch but it was so boring, and they have since made better large maps, so why not choose a better one?

Bazaar and Seine were great infantry maps. Much better choices than Metro and Firestrom, we already have lockers and plenty of vehicle maps respectively, making both completely redundant.

Are there any pistol only servers? I would love to see this.

I was playing a lot of pistol only servers over the double XP week to get everything unlocked. Was unlocking about 2 pistols a game and quickly worked my way up to the 93R.

Had a lot of fun doing it, though it through my aim off for assault rifles entirely.

TheSeks

Bazaar and Seine were great infantry maps. Much better choices than Metro and Firestrom, we already have lockers and plenty of vehicle maps respectively, making both completely redundant.

Operation Locker not Lockers. :/

And anyway: Battlefield isn't meant to really be "infantry only." That's Call of Duties job. Battlefield shines when vehicles are in the sandbox with infantry combat. Bazaar is just a bad map no matter the mode because of the chokepoints in the central area of the map and the ability to spawn camp pretty easy no matter which side.

Seine is alright but kinda bad. I started to hate it after a bit because of the way it plays out, especially on Rush. But if they remade it with alt routes/care like they're sort-of doing with Metro 2.0 maybe that'd change my opinion.

But Firestorm is a better choice over the two. Metro could've stayed dead, but it seems DICE put some thought into it so who knows if it'll change from "die in a fire" for me.

Milennia

K... Just had a 57-0 game and a 53-17 game whilst picking back up the l85 lol, the only other gun i can consistently have games like that with is the A23.

Thing is ridiculous, seriously.

(Conquest with 28-23 caps a game wtf lol

Seanspeed

Banned
It doesn't make sense that you lose the moment a new person spawns, though. When the attackers are out of reinforcements you shouldn't be able to spawn anyway. Simply not being able to spawn at that point would make a lot more sense. As it is overtime is just broken.
Yea, that makes 10,000x more sense. I haven't played Rush yet so didn't know this, but I'm not sure what their thinking was behind that. Are we just supposed to know to not respawn? Because you know there's always going to be one person who doesn't realize. Shouldn't make the whole team pay for that. Just stop them from being able to spawn - job done.

BF3 had it perfect, in my opinion. I loved those last tense moments with no tickets left and the last MCOM armed, whether I was playing defense or offense.

So much for "LEVOLUTION IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!" and then not use it for the China Rising maps.
Yup, pretty disappointing. Shanghai and Flood Zone are the only two where it really matters at all even in the vanilla maps. And those were the main two maps shown to us before release unsurprisingly.

I wonder if maybe levolution was just a later addition? And China Rising was also in late development? I hope future map packs make better use of it cuz its a cool idea.

zma1013

Yup, pretty disappointing. Shanghai and Flood Zone are the only two where it really matters at all even in the vanilla maps. And those were the main two maps shown to us before release unsurprisingly.

In Parcel Storm it matters. Waves makes the entire ocean difficult to maneuver in and the ship with the AA turn that control point into the most important on the map.

It also somewhat changes the dynamic of Operation Locker by allowing the central point to be accessed from both top and bottom floors rather than it only being on top.

But yeah, on most of the others it doesn't really do much to change the map in any significant way.

Ark

So much for "LEVOLUTION IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!" and then not use it for the China Rising maps.

I found it to be quite meaningless on PS4. No one ever bothers activating the levolution script. Only on Zavod 311 really, and that's just activating a timer.

NameGenerated

Had my first crash on a China Rising map. Spawn on my squadmate, tried shooting at guys and my bullets kept impacting right in front of me. Turns out we were inside one of the giant rocks in Guilin Peaks. Then it crashed.

Anyone had an item refuse to unlock after the requirements were met?

y8fe.jpg

It's now unlocking items beyond that now (Battlepacks for the weapon). It won't be a big deal because my next Battlepack for that gun will probably have at least one suppressor in it..but it's damn odd.

Acinixys

Anyone had an item refuse to unlock after the requirements were met?

y8fe.jpg

It's now unlocking items beyond that now (Battlepacks for the weapon). It won't be a big deal because my next Battlepack for that gun will probably have at least one suppressor in it..but it's damn odd.

Its a bug with the ACE 23

Ive got over 500 kills with it and that suppressor is still locked

Keasar

I am not saying I particularly miss "levolution" in China Rising, I just find it funny after all the hype and marketing that its one of the biggest features in Battlefield 4, they don't even feature it on the newer maps.

I thought at least from the initial China Rising teaser, where you see a huge shadow appearing, we would have a giant airplane slam down somewhere and perhaps change the dynamic of a particular capture point.

Anyone missed watching a building collapse and seeing "You Destruction 2.0 _______" Now any Levelution moments that would kill people..just kill em without saying who killed who.

I do miss it, especially accidentally crushing a teammate in a house. I missed levels that were designed off of it. It brought more dynamic into a battle than Levelution ever did.

TheSeks

Anyone missed watching a building collapse and seeing "You Destruction 2.0 _______" Now any Levelution moments that would kill people..just kill em without saying who killed who.

Why would it give kills to the person that triggered it? The point of Levolution is changing the entire map, people getting killed in the cross-fire shouldn't count as kills for whoever triggered it.

As it is, I'm not for/against Levolution. It's just... there. Can't care one way or another. Floodzone is the only one that I like but that's because it changes the entire mechanics of the map from ground-roof to jumping over water/diving under water to roof.

RaptorGTA

Why would it give kills to the person that triggered it? The point of Levolution is changing the entire map, people getting killed in the cross-fire shouldn't count as kills for whoever triggered it.

As it is, I'm not for/against Levolution. It's just... there. Can't care one way or another. Floodzone is the only one that I like but that's because it changes the entire mechanics of the map from ground-roof to jumping over water/diving under water to roof.

I dont know..I mean when I would destroy a building in BF BC2 I did it to get kills and push people out of a defensive position. The skyscraper is the same thing. If my team cant establish a good foothold on the roof due to the other team dominating the sky,. Then let me bring the tower down with anyone else in its way. Though if these kills would count aginst team mates and get you kicked from a server that could be a problem..tho that was also an issue with BF3 and BC2.

I think Dice should have focus more of weather then Levolution. I think the storm in paracel storm is awesome and the snow kicking up outside of operation locker. I agree with you on Flood zone..Its one of Levolution moment that really does change the map...same with Siege of Shanghai.The rest are meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom