• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

I'm not one to really pay attention. How am I earning these battle paks? I have a ton of them but only opened 1.

Premium I think it's every month for a free gold pack?

non prem: Gold every two levels; weapons it's after xx amount of kills and I believe it stops after maybe 4 or 5 silver packs for that particular gun.

Apparently, the HMG's crosshair in a tank is not centered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clIZbou6UbE

I knew something was off some rounds, but I never stopped to test it. I guess I instinctively adapted, but pretty sure I've missed some kills because of this.

Have you tried it at longer ranges? It seems to be zeroed at a longer distance than 10m. Bullets aren't lasers.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. It should hit high at close range if it's zeroed further. Derp.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. Please don't have Visceral doing Battlefield. I like them in Dead Space, but Dead Space 2's multiplayer was a little... yeah...

DICE Sweeden or bust, EA.

BPoole

Does any one else have a problem with servers auto balancing?

I was in a match of Conquest last night and all I do the entire match is going around capping flags. We are about 75% through the match and a bunch of people on the other team start leaving so because they are getting dominated with no flags. I die by someone, and next thing I know I have been switched the the opposite team, get killed 5 times trying to get out of my own spawn, and end up losing the match. I was with a squad of 4 other people and we were all amongst the top players for the round, but I ended up losing because of the auto baalnce.

Does any one else have a problem with servers auto balancing?

I was in a match of Conquest last night and all I do the entire match is going around capping flags. We are about 75% through the match and a bunch of people on the other team start leaving so because they are getting dominated with no flags. I die by someone, and next thing I know I have been switched the the opposite team, get killed 5 times trying to get out of my own spawn, and end up losing the match. I was with a squad of 4 other people and we were all amongst the top players for the round, but I ended up losing because of the auto baalnce.

Well at least in that case it was trying to balance. Last night I played a conquest match where the game started with 4 players, but as players joined it added them mostly to our team, making it 8v4. We started to dominate and they never recovered. Some of us had to manually switch teams to even it out.

dkeane

I just bitched to Amazon about my launch bundle and how Battlefield is completely broken and they gave me $60 in credit. Preordered Destiny. F-U DICE

I've been experiencing some horrible rubberbanding this past week, and I'm pretty sure it's not my connection. I have 25 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up with an Open NAT (if that has to do with anything). I'm even connected directly to my modem. I shouldn't be lagging this bad. I'm on Xbox One, by the way. Hopefully I'm not the only one experiencing this.

dkeane

I've been experiencing some horrible rubberbanding this past week, and I'm pretty sure it's not my connection. I have 25 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up with an Open NAT (if that has to do with anything). I'm even connected directly to my modem. I shouldn't be lagging this bad. I'm on Xbox One, by the way. Hopefully I'm not the only one experiencing this.
Everyone is experiencing that. Across both platforms (PS4/XB1). It's unplayable.

Milennia

Everyone is experiencing that. Across both platforms (PS4/XB1). It's unplayable.

Game is far from unplayable.

I get rubber banding maybe a couple of time every few games and even then its for a few seconds and small at this point.

Should be worked out completely with more server updates, which they seem to be doing regularly.

dkeane

Game is far from unplayable.

I get rubber banding maybe a couple of time every few games and even then its for a few seconds and small at this point.

Should be worked out completely with more server updates, which they seem to be doing regularly.
You must have a higher tolerance. I was playing on PS4 last night and each match would start smooth but half way through I'd see my friend who I was chatting with jump around erratically. Hopefully they sort the issues out soon.

Milennia

You must have a higher tolerance. I was playing on PS4 last night and each match would start smooth but half way through I'd see my friend who I was chatting with jump around erratically. Hopefully they sort the issues out soon.

I did 1-90 in a week straight, barely any sleep lol.

Just chaining games. I have yet to die to or have rubber banding affect a single bit of anything meaningful in a single game.

If it doesn't affect my gameplay and just jutters me around for a few seconds while sprinting across a field or climbing a ladder, then thats hardly their biggest issue at the moment.

If the rubber banding affected my gameplay in any way , there would be a massive uproar, i wouldn't even play the game.

Also on ps4.

zma1013

Ugh. Please don't have Visceral doing Battlefield. I like them in Dead Space, but Dead Space 2's multiplayer was a little... yeah...

DICE Sweeden or bust, EA.

I wouldn't necessarily punish Visceral for a mode they were essentially forced to tack on to their singleplayer game by EA. I'm sure with the proper planning and focus on multi, they could put out just as much quality that was in the Dead Space single player.

I did 1-90 in a week straight, barely any sleep lol.

Just chaining games. I have yet to die to or have rubber banding affect a single bit of anything meaningful in a single game.

If it doesn't affect my gameplay and just jutters me around for a few seconds while sprinting across a field or climbing a ladder, then thats hardly their biggest issue at the moment.

If the rubber banding affected my gameplay in any way , there would be a massive uproar, i wouldn't even play the game.

Also on ps4.

Try flying a Jet or a Chopper while rubberbanding. It's infuriating.

Rubberband should not exist in any way, shape, or form. I don't see how anyone could not think it's a big deal.

Milennia

Try flying a Jet or a Chopper while rubberbanding. It's infuriating.

Rubberband should not exist in any way, shape, or form. I don't see how anyone could not think it's a big deal.

My post explains why its not a big deal.

Compared to flat out crashing its nothing, id rather play than blue screen every game.

I haven't gotten rubberbanding while piloting a jet or chopper yet at all.

And these helo pilots, especially my buddy who i play with, are doing just fine at 15k a game and 0 deaths with 25+caps.

It shouldn't be an issue in the slightest, but if they are working on one issue at the moment it should be the crashing and one hit kill bug, which they are trying to patch out.

I like the game so I'm tolerable but i also hate not being able to play a game i like due to things that directly affect why i like the game (gameplay) and so far, nothing but crashing has affected such.

As i said, the server updates should deal with the rubberbanding, they are rolling them out weekly it seems (should be faster but i have no clue what kind of shit is going on over there at the moment).

Obviously these are my experiences, other will be different.

Gaz_RB

I don't think it's a tolerance issue. Different people are experiencing different technical problems. My BF4 experience has been surprisingly smooth compared to most

Even then it wasn't chokepoint city that Bazaar was.

I stopped playing BF3 pretty early on, right around the time Back to Karkand came out (just moved on to other games, also hit my frustration level with my suckiness) but I feel like Bazaar was only chokepoint city if you got sucked into fighting the middle. There were enough ways around that map (and the central hallway in particular) that it felt like you could at least try to flank. It's definitely my favourite of the infantry-focused maps I played. Maybe it got worse once people figured out the map's rhythms, though.

TheSeks

I stopped playing BF3 pretty early on, right around the time Back to Karkand came out (just moved on to other games, also hit my frustration level with my suckiness) but I feel like Bazaar was only chokepoint city if you got sucked into fighting the middle. There were enough ways around that map (and the central hallway in particular) that it felt like you could at least try to flank. It's definitely my favourite of the infantry-focused maps I played. Maybe it got worse once people figured out the map's rhythms, though.

I dunno where the extra flags were placed in Conquest Large, but Conquest/Consoles the flags were a straight line. The "flanks" were protected by vehicles going around them or taking too long to reach areas in heavy bleed to be worth the travel time.

In Rush it's complete chokepoint city.

It's a bad map all around with decent art-design. I partially blame it on the lack of being able to make your own alt routes through the chokepoints.

RoKKeR

So, there are Colonel 100's now? The fuck? Just dropped into the 360 version for the first time in a while.

So far on consoles at least China Rising Rush sort of feels like BC2 Vietnam. Maybe it's just the local. Nice to have some jungle maps!

WHOAAAAAHHHH YES FIRST JET KILL FROM A TANK EVER.

Damn if I was one my Xbox One I'd be yelling Record That so loudly right now haha

I dunno where the extra flags were placed in Conquest Large, but Conquest/Consoles the flags were a straight line. The "flanks" were protected by vehicles going around them or taking too long to reach areas in heavy bleed to be worth the travel time.

In Rush it's complete chokepoint city.

It's a bad map all around with decent art-design. I partially blame it on the lack of being able to make your own alt routes through the chokepoints.

Oh.

OH.

I NEVER played that map on anything but Conquest Large on PC. Maybe that's the reason why our experiences were so different. In Conquest Large there are five bases, though it doesn't look like the map gets any bigger. I'm not sure if that actually answers your concerns or not, though, since you say the flanks were still available.

TheSeks

So, there are Colonel 100's now?

Yes?

Double EXP + boosts + fast leveling to 1-50 = doable.

Oh.

OH.

I NEVER played that map on anything but Conquest Large on PC. Maybe that's the reason why our experiences were so different. In Conquest Large there are five bases, though it doesn't look like the map gets any bigger. I'm not sure if that actually answers your concerns or not, though, since you say the flanks were still available.

No, as you can see from your link provided the out of bounds includes them in-bounds. But again: Travel time between A/C on those routes + Humvee/LAV's being on them make it not worth the travel time.

Which means people are generally going to funnel toward B because it's the "halfway" point to the other flags. And the sideroutes from B to those side-routes are also hallways that "funnel" toward a chokepoint.

In TDM it isn't as bad because the random spawns fuck everyone over on those choke-points, but I did have a round on consoles where TDM Bazaar trapped the enemy where the RU team spawns in Conquest.

scogoth

Apparently, the HMG's crosshair in a tank is not centered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clIZbou6UbE

I knew something was off some rounds, but I never stopped to test it. I guess I instinctively adapted, but pretty sure I've missed some kills because of this.

I thought this was already known? I knew this from day one and have just adjusted accordingly. The tank shell isn't aligned, the AA isn't aligned, the LAV 25mm isn't aligned, pretty much nothing lines up. The reticle is always above and the left of where the ammunition goes for me. I just thought they did this for "realism" because of the way the camera is mounted on the barrel.

Grief.exe

The DMRs don't seem that accurate. The ADS and moving spread is so high that the shots seem to go all over the place.

You think they would be good at range, but they don't seem that accurate there either. I've probably averaged 1.75 k/d with them, but its not 'clicking' for me.

What's the best DRM?

Milennia

The DMRs don't seem that accurate. The ADS and moving spread is so high that the shots seem to go all over the place.

You think they would be good at range, but they don't seem that accurate there either. I've probably averaged 1.75 k/d with them, but its not 'clicking' for me.

What's the best DRM?

I keep hearing the SCAR is great.

Im the worst with DMRs.. That netcode and those hitmarkers.

TheSeks

Netcodes the major problem. Otherwise I feel the SKS is amazing. Only issue I have is headshots not being one hit kill but that's coming from the BF3 SKS. That and the hip-fire is the problems.

Grief.exe

Here is my problem with the SKS, it has a massive spread both when standing still and when moving. (These numbers are the ones next to the standing man and the moving man, .1 and 1 respectively for the SKS).

The spread values effect how much your bullets can deviate from where you are aiming, and increases on subsequent shots. The problem with the SKS is I found my shots would completely miss if I am aiming right at them. It was even worse when I would be hipfiring, every single shot would miss even though I was right next to them. SKS also has massive bullet drop, if you notice the bullet is impacted 2x earth's gravity 15m/s^2, all the other DMRs are 9.81 m/s^2 which is the standard acceleration downward applied by gravity.

I think DMRs on a whole need a buff, the spread values should all decrease significantly.

I just moved over to the QBU-88, which seems to have a good compromise between moving and standing spread. It also has really nice bullet velocity and RPM values.

VsLZml2.png

TheSeks

I forgot how long it takes things to unlock with that weapon EXP system with 2XP on. :/

wrongway

God damn, trying to get some rounds in this evening and it's just frustrating as hell. For a patch that was supposed to fix this nonsense, I'm getting instagibbed at every turn. I'm used to DICE being DICE, but man... Titanfall is starting to look pretty good right about now. :|

Milennia

Silk Road is such a shit unbalanced map. What were they thinking?

Im having trouble on dragon pass as well as silk road...

I loved valley, but I'm more of an infantry kind of dude now a days.

I still hop in tanks etc. and do fine, but sometimes i prefer legging it and dealing with tanks on my own or just going full on combat medic.

Only thing i can even do on DP is either drop mines and repair or try to out maneuver a shit load of tanks to attempt a dismantle.

So I'm a bit forced to go old school and just try my hand at full vehicle runs (tanks).

I need to improve a lot in terms of vehicle warfare if these are the maps they are going to be putting out.

(Its mostly just a little too big for my taste)

I love altai and guilin however, i have some of my best games on these maps.

(I have tried c4 recon and support as well, just cant get close enough or even set them without being destroyed at some point before detonation, but you could say those were terrible games for me as well, as I've also had good games as c4 recon and support on DP, just less frequent as bad games, i will do better the more i learn the maps of course)

DesertFox

Here is my problem with the SKS, it has a massive spread both when standing still and when moving. (These numbers are the ones next to the standing man and the moving man, .1 and 1 respectively for the SKS).

The spread values effect how much your bullets can deviate from where you are aiming, and increases on subsequent shots. The problem with the SKS is I found my shots would completely miss if I am aiming right at them. It was even worse when I would be hipfiring, every single shot would miss even though I was right next to them. SKS also has massive bullet drop, if you notice the bullet is impacted 2x earth's gravity 15m/s^2, all the other DMRs are 9.81 m/s^2 which is the standard acceleration downward applied by gravity.

I think DMRs on a whole need a buff, the spread values should all decrease significantly.

I just moved over to the QBU-88, which seems to have a good compromise between moving and standing spread. It also has really nice bullet velocity and RPM values.

VsLZml2.png
Where did you get that graph/stats from? I'd like to compare other weapons as well

Fracas

#fuckonami
I really wish the holographic sight was the first thing you unlocked when using ARs - I can't stand the red dot sight.

I'd love if DICE took a page out of Treyarch's book; each time you rank up/hit another weapon milestone, you get a point to use on any weapon or attachment.

Grief.exe

I really wish the holographic sight was the first thing you unlocked when using ARs - I can't stand the red dot sight.

I'd love if DICE took a page out of Treyarch's book; each time you rank up/hit another weapon milestone, you get a point to use on any weapon or attachment.

I think Holo sight is horrible, Kobra/Coyote for me. You can actually see things and be accurate.

Holo is way to busy on the inside than has a ridiculously thick frame.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Man, before the patch my game was pretty stable compared to what most were experience. Now I crash so often.

Bollocks

First time battlefield player, am I dumb or can't I dive underwater? I know you can press circle to go underwater and cross to surface but I wasn't able to dive up or down.
I was playing on that flooded map, there was a parking lot and I wanted to dive under the barrier.

Also I thought the description said that everything is unlocked on the test range?

Then played a little bit of conquest, 64 players yet it felt empty, also no sound lol, moved to rush and that had more stuff going on so I stuck with that.
Pretty fun except that one round the game didn't save my progress, went to level 2 twice.
Didn't crash though.

TheSeks

Dive underwater->aim down->press forward to dive further down.

I know, it blew my mind when I thought holding dive was the key. It isn't.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Just finished a round on Lancing Damn. The whole game the other team had a sniper with a 40x scope that laid on the hill behind their spawn and just sniped people as soon as they spawned in the helis. Went 20-1, lol. We still won :p

Grief.exe

I've been front knifed today more times than I have ever been in BF4, I'm guessing the latest server patch broke that mechanic though. I haven't seen a single counter-knife pop up.

Some desperate people walking away with a free kill.

TheSeks

Yeah, R13 broke a few things. Front/melee counter-knives being one.

Bizazedo

I've been front knifed today more times than I have ever been in BF4, I'm guessing the latest server patch broke that mechanic though. I haven't seen a single counter-knife pop up.

Some desperate people walking away with a free kill.

I counter knifed someone 15 minutes ago. PS4, though.

So if you don't have the pistol unlocked yet, can you not get this scope?

Milennia

Dropped controller in bowl of cereal.

Controller still works yet is a bit gummy.

I accept the challenge.

This double XP weekend was meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom