• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Do the "server updates" affect all platforms?

DICE stated on their update forum they had an X1 update for the week of Dec 2nd. That week has come and gone and they've said nothing about that update. GG DICE
Server updates affect all platforms indeed.

Tried to play last night... Crashed and froze on Obliteration. Conquest still doesnt work on my end.

DICEy pls

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Seems the Battlepack microtransactions and the server renting options are back on PSN now:
Same business model that Mass Effect 3 employed to great effect (and success).

BbIE3UDIMAATNn3.jpg:large

(Silver pack is 1.99, but further down the list)

BbIFZrrIQAA1ozI.jpg:large

(there's also a 90-day option for 59.99)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
A bit expensive for my wallet but im probably gonna bite the bullet down the road.

Probably gonna buy Premium this week. And yes i know i know... why are you gonna give them money if the game crashes half the time?

Cuz im a BF Whale :(

Milennia

Seems the Battlepack microtransactions and the server renting options are back on PSN now:

BbIE3UDIMAATNn3.jpg:large

BbIFZrrIQAA1ozI.jpg:large

Really hope we start getting the custom servers on ps4 soon..

These arent up on the U.S. Store yet either.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So what happens once you've unlocked all stuff from the battlepacks? You just get a bunch of exp boosts from there on out?

You get no more Battlepacks. Thanks for the money!

We probably won't know for a few months

Sanic

[/IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbIE3UDIMAATNn3.jpg:large[/IMG]

[/IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbIFZrrIQAA1ozI.jpg:large[/IMG]

They charge that much for a month of server time? :/ Ridiculous markup.

Haha, what? Yes, there's a little maze in the one big complex of the map where infantry can hide. And do what, exactly? You cant exactly just venture out beyond the base from there, which is the problem. And all the other little areas on the map don't have nearly the same sort of cover. Its those big expanses of nothing in between the capture points that are the problem and make it unfriendly as all hell for infantry play.

I think the key to that map is that, yes, armor is important, but armor won't be able to secure or hold a point by themselves unless you have two or more vehicles sitting on it. Take the base with armor, secure it with infantry. That's how the rounds pretty much play out for me. Also, there are dirt bikes spread throughout the map to help you get from point to point, if need be.

i havent played in like 2 weeks

is the game still a mess

I managed to get 4 rounds in last night.

After 2 rounds, I quit to menus and it hard locked my 360.

After the next round I quit to the menus and there was 2 menus overlapping one another.

Just inconvienent. Once I was in a game I had no issues.

Spl1nter

On every single capture point for silk road armor is super vulnerable. So many places for engies to hide. Plus slam mines just wreck armor.

scogoth

Holy balls the attack chopper is fucked as hell.

- heatseekers always fires both missiles at once, instead of BF3, fire one missile, wait for flares to go away, fire second missile.
- flares do not work 80 % of the time
- lock on warning sound never works, missiles keep hitting me without a warning
- the people who thought vehicle reloading was a good idea should be fired. Flying around for two minutes without ammo, while every engineer can lock on from 6 miles away SUCKS BALLS.
- the AA vehicles have unlimited range it seems. Yesterday on langan dam conquest a camper in an AA vehicle was shooting down everything out of their own base, no one could get near the fucker.

Heat seekers fire one at a time. They can fire two at a time if you hold down the fire button a little too long. Flares have to be deployed earlier, you can't deploy them 1sec before impact. You are most likely getting hit by active radar which has very to no warning before hitting. You have to attack and hide or get your gunner to use TV missiles from far away. AA vehicles have extremely good accuracy at long range now and active radar missiles do have unlimited range.

Yes the attack heli has been nerfed to hell especially considering how good the AA is but this is what we get when most people bitched about how good it was in BF3

On every single capture point for silk road armor is super vulnerable. So many places for engies to hide. Plus slam mines just wreck armor.

Yeah, I rarely roll armor on that level unless an opportunity calls for it or I am squaded up with engis. Can't survive long without them.

I played for about 20 minutes last night to test it out. Within 10 minutes I was getting ram-killed by the RC plane. And the ever-present shitty netcode/hit detection is still there. Not sure they'll ever fix that.

But, hey, didn't crash!

Baby steps.

xclaw

Can't wait for custom servers on PS4, hopefully they remain ranked. So tired of the low ticket Air Superiority... and yes, I'll probably spend some time in the high ticket locker servers if they fix the game. Seems to be the one map that gurantees a CE-34878-0 crash.

Seanspeed

Banned
I think the key to that map is that, yes, armor is important, but armor won't be able to secure or hold a point by themselves unless you have two or more vehicles sitting on it. Take the base with armor, secure it with infantry. That's how the rounds pretty much play out for me. Also, there are dirt bikes spread throughout the map to help you get from point to point, if need be.
Securing bases once you're there is certainly an important part of Battlefield, but the leadup to that, getting to the bases, is also a pretty key aspect of the game as well.

And that's the difficult part for infantry. There's not always dirtbikes available. Running with a group is important when rolling up to a capture point and that's hard to do with dirtbikes(its usually just lone wolfers). And you also have to traverse completely open space with pretty much no cover anywhere with lots of vehicles all over the place. You're almost guaranteed to be spotted by somebody.

I mean, its very apparent its not supposed to be an infantry map. There's a small role for them to play, but its largely balanced towards vehicular combat.

Alpende

They have to fix that damn sound bug asap. Sound is important in this game and it fucking sucks to not hear the lock on sound go off when someone shoots a stinger at you.

WarMacheen

Have they fixed the damn single player campaign reset issue?

Every time I try single player my progress resets to Baku, though battle log shows I'm further

Forgot to mention this is for the PC version

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
They charge that much for a month of server time? :/ Ridiculous markup.
It's the same prices that BF3 had.

That's not really that expensive, for PC servers most sites charge €0.80-0.99 per slot plus charging for the server hardware, so that's over €60 for a 64 player server plus the hardware fee for a month.

PC example: Fragnet
Code:
001 - Game Servers - Battlefield 4 Ranked
Battlefield 4 Ranked	€0.00
» Players Slots: 64 slots	€146.88
» Game Server Location: (US) Atlanta, GA	€0.00
» Voice Server: No, Thank you	€0.00
» Voice Server Location: (US) Buffalo, NY	€0.00
Setup Fees:	€0.00
Quarterly:	€117.50
VAT @ 25.00%:	€29.38
Total Due Today: €146.88

On PSN you get a 64 player server for three months for €60.

------

PC Version, sorry

Keep a backup of this folder:

Code:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings

vixlar

Someone knows how to get the Phantom Prospect achievement?

One requirement is playing as premium, but the other requirement is only an interrogation quote.

Grief.exe

Definitely. I will never understand how someone can derive satisfaction from going like 2-4 and losing.

There needs to be some kind of skill wall into recon

The problem is there is a higher barrier to entry for some of the other classes where you need quick reflexes in order to score a kill at close range.

The problem is there is a higher barrier to entry for some of the other classes where you need quick reflexes in order to score a kill at close range.

Which is weird to me, as I find running around with an assault rifle or LMG waaaaaaaaaaaay easier than learning how to snipe. In fact, the reason I don't play sniper is because I feel like I'm wasting everyone's time being bad at sniping, which means I never really learn to snipe.

I still play recon from time to time, but always with a shotgun or DMR. In fact, I'd love to know how to best learn sniping besides spending hours at the test range, because otherwise all I'll be useful for is spotting.

Remmy2112

Which is weird to me, as I find running around with an assault rifle or LMG waaaaaaaaaaaay easier than learning how to snipe. In fact, the reason I don't play sniper is because I feel like I'm wasting everyone's time being bad at sniping, which means I never really learn to snipe.

I still play recon from time to time, but always with a shotgun or DMR. In fact, I'd love to know how to best learn sniping besides spending hours at the test range, because otherwise all I'll be useful for is spotting.

You just have to get in games and try it out on living targets. Practice makes perfect with any weapon. One helpful tip is try not to hit a lot of moving targets. Start with stationary targets to get a feel for bullet drop and velocity then graduate to moving targets when you feel more comfortable. Also try to avoid the really large magnification scopes, as they tend to be unnecessary for most engagements and can actively hinder the tracking of targets.

They got it.

1. Go to battlelog and leaderboards.
2. In the bottom left you can see a small image of a skull. Click it.
3. When prompted, enter password "bumpinthenight"

You'll now see the Phantom Prospect assignment in your Assignments:

Score 200 kills with Assault rifles0/200
Score 200 kills with Main battle tanks0/200
Get a 300 meter headshot0/300

Receive Phantom Program dog tag.

Meh.

DICE posted the top BF4 issues tracker: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670203355766/

4X damage from miniguns when using Defensive specialization
Platform(s): All

Finally, a way to make the minigun effective.

I will never understand how someone can derive satisfaction from going like 2-4 and losing.

Probably because they'd go 5-19 and still lose if they pushed. It's no secret there's a lot of shitty players; most are likely hanging back in efforts to limit the damage they'd do to ticket count if they played aggressively all round.

You just have to get in games and try it out on living targets. Practice makes perfect with any weapon. One helpful tip is try not to hit a lot of moving targets. Start with stationary targets to get a feel for bullet drop and velocity then graduate to moving targets when you feel more comfortable. Also try to avoid the really large magnification scopes, as they tend to be unnecessary for most engagements and can actively hinder the tracking of targets.

And that's exactly where you go 2-4 and lose and then someone bitches about you on GAF. ;)

Honestly, I don't know why many are so preoccupied with W's and L's and stats in general. Most people are just trying to have fun. If that's not your bag, search out a clan and some proper competitive matches and stop bitching about what happens in pub games. In most cases the split between tactics-focused players and players just fucking off is going to be 50/50; you're in a god-tier server if it's 60/40. Dealwithit.gif

Zeppelin

The UCAV is unbelievable. Had some guys in the opposing team running them and they went like 30-0 all of them. We couldn't even get out of spawn. How the fuck could DICE add it to the game? Not only can supports just replenish it, it also fucking explodes. I can't even comprehend how retarded their game designers must be sometimes.

Grief.exe

The UCAV is unbelievable. Had some guys in the opposing team running them and they went like 30-0 all of them. We couldn't even get out of spawn. How the fuck could DICE add it to the game? Not only can supports just replenish it, it also fucking explodes. I can't even comprehend how retarded their game designers must be sometimes.

Frankie brought up a good point in his last video, Dice should be asking the hardcore player base who have been putting thousands of hours into their games for advice.

Likely, the programmers and those in charge of balance changes don't play the game enough to have a grasp on the larger picture. The SUAV and the UCAV are one of those problems, but you can come up with far too many examples of this same issue. There is more than a disconnect here.

Zeppelin

Frankie brought up a good point in his last video, Dice should be asking the hardcore player base who have been putting thousands of hours into their games for advice.

Likely, the programmers and those in charge of balance changes don't play the game enough to have a grasp on the larger picture. The SUAV and the UCAV are one of those problems, but you can come up with far too many examples of this same issue. There is more than a disconnect here.

They basically gave the support class a TV guided SRAW with unlimited ammo. It even does more damage than the SRAW! Some common fucking sense is enough to realize it's a bad idea. If you can't see that you have no business working as a game designer in this industry.

People hated the fact that you could run over people with the MAV in BF3, so this shouldn't even come as news to them. Also, people already cry their fucking eyes out over the recon class because people hate dying to someone a couple of hundred meters away.

Holy balls the attack chopper is fucked as hell.

- heatseekers always fires both missiles at once, instead of BF3, fire one missile, wait for flares to go away, fire second missile.
- flares do not work 80 % of the time
- lock on warning sound never works, missiles keep hitting me without a warning
- the people who thought vehicle reloading was a good idea should be fired. Flying around for two minutes without ammo, while every engineer can lock on from 6 miles away SUCKS BALLS.
- the AA vehicles have unlimited range it seems. Yesterday on langan dam conquest a camper in an AA vehicle was shooting down everything out of their own base, no one could get near the fucker.

Attack helicopters are quite simply fucking horrible in this game, at least in their current state. AA shreds them like nobody's business!

I feel your pain, man. I hate SLAMs with a passion. I can usually see AT mines and destroy them ahead of time, but it seems like I'm constantly hit and insta-killed by SLAMs I never saw coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom