• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So it says the 1911 is unlocked for everyone. But it's not unlocked on my unlocks. Hmm. Also indirect classification isn't doing what it's supposed to do. I leveled it out and I still only get to deploy 1 ammo box.

Milennia

xFactor claims the M416, L85, and ACE 23 have had stealth horizontal recoil nerfs.

Makes sense, but I agree, there's no reason why they shouldn't tell us about these.

The 3x scope was unlocked, not the pistol itself.

Im not noticing these nerfs to the l85 at all.. Maybe im just ridiculously used to it... Its my top gun and i have 22% accuracy with it at over 1500 kills and i didn't even start using it until about 3 days ago.

Also used the ace 23 a bit last night, noticed that one a little bit but it wasn't anything that couldn't be managed.
I don't use the m4 anymore as i replaced it with the l85, so i cant comment on that one.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The 3x scope was unlocked, not the pistol itself.

Also Indirect Fire has to RANK UP in squad-level/points before you can deploy two.

Just like medikits.

People don't understand the perk system. :/

Im not noticing these nerfs to the l85 at all.. Maybe im just ridiculously used to it... Its my top gun and i have 22% accuracy with it at over 1500 kills and i didn't even start using it until about 3 days ago.

Also used the ace 23 a bit last night, noticed that one a little bit but it wasn't anything that couldn't be managed.
I don't use the m4 anymore as i replaced it with the l85, so i cant comment on that one.

I didn't use them much yesterday, but I think the stealth nerfs probably came in the last day or so (the vid was posted yesterday).

Also, didn't DICE implement a system where they can modify weapon behavior server-side? So they may not even need to issue a client patch to change things...I could be imagining this...

I don't have the L85 unlocked yet. Have come SOOO close a few times, but couldn't get the last defib kill or M203 kill in two rounds :(

Milennia

I didn't use them much yesterday, but I think the stealth nerfs probably came in the last day or so (the vid was posted yesterday).

Also, didn't DICE implement a system where they can modify weapon behavior server-side? So they may not even need to issue a client patch to change things...I could be imagining this...

I don't have the L85 unlocked yet. Have come SOOO close a few times, but couldn't get the last defib kill or M203 kill in two rounds :(

Ill play a few tonight on my quest for the phantom dog tag -.-.

Grief.exe

Dice modified weapon behaviors server side since Bad Company 2 I think.

Early BF3 apparently you could modify weapon values client-side, which obviously caused issues.

Ill play a few tonight on my quest for the phantom dog tag -.-.

That premium requirement though

YmDWohP.png

Early BF3 apparently you could modify weapon values client-side, which obviously caused issues.

That premium requirement though

YmDWohP.png

Dice sure likes to go backwards on things a lot it seems. I remember Dice implementing server update to bypass patching and certifications on Consoles. The most notable change in BC2 was the tracer dart server side update.

TheSeks

The Hawk 12G is a piece of shit. I swear if the SPAS-12 still has sporadic cone of fire that it had in BF3, I'm going to be majorly disappointed.

The first two shotguns are still the best. You get higher damage from the others as the cost of lower hip-fire, accuracy, and cone.

TheSeks

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the ACE 52 CQB. That thing has like... literally no recoil.

WTF. Basically a laser gun.

Enjoy your railgun while it lasts, I guess. I'm sure DICE will somehow fuck it up to where it's useless once they nerf it.

vixlar

So do you have to re earn them each round?

Yes. You start with the first perk, and must earn the three next perks by playing with your squad.

Any points you gain that has "squad" in the name (squad spot assist, squad heal, squad revive, etc) gives you points for your next level. You lose a level if all your squad is wiped, so if you get the "last man on squad" message, try not to die.

If you are the squad leader, try to "spot" objectives (bases, mcoms, the guy with the bomb). You gain a lot of points if your squad members do something about it. (Capture the base, killing enemies near of it). If you are not the squad leader, and see some objective with green marks, go for it! Both actions gives you a lot of points for your bar.

Try to communicate with the commander so you can ask for a free promotion. It is some kind of power the commander has. But he must earn points to be able to use it. So, if a commander gives you an order, accept it. Hold the spot button, and on the commorose pick accept order. Spot the objective he dessignated and follow the order. That's a lot of points for you and your commander, and maybe he notices it and gives a promotion. But at the end, all depends on the mood and expertise of your commander.

Grief.exe

Starting to dig the AEK again. Loved it in BF3, feels just as good now.

Its my favorite gun. I went away from it due to the shear amount of kills, around 2,000, I had with the gun and the lack of Battlepacks I was receiving.

Had this guy in one of my games today...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/HADES_IS_BACK_/stats/783257239/ps4/

Apparently he spams rush and snipes from the back ends of the maps/never dies because of it... He kept killing me with drones from like 1000 yds out.

lol, you should link to your battlereport with the guy.

nozeiyC.png

Surprisingly, he has a very high SPM.

Milennia

Its my favorite gun. I went away from it due to the shear amount of kills, around 2,000, I had with the gun and the lack of Battlepacks I was receiving.

lol, you should link to your battlereport with the guy.

nozeiyC.png

Surprisingly, he has a very high SPM.

Its not even there, it was a server crash 10 minutes from game end lol (happened 3 times tonight) ... I cant find anything on him but he went 33-0 in my game.

Suspicious as fuck or a god.

Gaz_RB

I have a love hate relationship with this game.

I absolutely love it when I'm on a roll, doing well.

Absolutely hate it when I get killed.

TheSeks

Shouldn't have changed. Try a different browser if you're having trouble with it getting through. I used Chrome on Win 8 and it worked fine.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yes. You start with the first perk, and must earn the three next perks by playing with your squad.

Any points you gain that has "squad" in the name (squad spot assist, squad heal, squad revive, etc) gives you points for your next level. You lose a level if all your squad is wiped, so if you get the "last man on squad" message, try not to die.

If you are the squad leader, try to "spot" objectives (bases, mcoms, the guy with the bomb). You gain a lot of points if your squad members do something about it. (Capture the base, killing enemies near of it). If you are not the squad leader, and see some objective with green marks, go for it! Both actions gives you a lot of points for your bar.

Try to communicate with the commander so you can ask for a free promotion. It is some kind of power the commander has. But he must earn points to be able to use it. So, if a commander gives you an order, accept it. Hold the spot button, and on the commorose pick accept order. Spot the objective he dessignated and follow the order. That's a lot of points for you and your commander, and maybe he notices it and gives a promotion. But at the end, all depends on the mood and expertise of your commander.

Yeah and again the ammo box part is the level 1 perk. And yet I can only set one out. It's broke.

Ataxia

Hey guys. Just got the game today and powered through campaign quickly. Now I want to play some multiplayer but it keeps asking me to download patch number three... Even though I have. Several times already.

Can't even join any servers without it (literally none show up in browser). Anyone know a fix? (Xbox 360 here)

Milennia

Massive update for ps4 this morning, mostly stability.

But people are reporting second assault weapons , dog tags etc. along with the patch.

Im downloading now and will report back with that.

Edit: it was bullshit, they are the same dog tags we have had for a while and the weapons aren there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom