• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
Massive update for ps4 this morning, mostly stability.

But people are reporting second assault weapons , dog tags etc. along with the patch.

Im downloading now and will report back with that.

Edit: it was bullshit, they are the same dog tags we have had for a while and the weapons aren there.
The lack of transparency about Second Assault for PC and PS4 is really annoying.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

- Changed emblem view and copy flow, so you are now redirected to a user's emblem page to view all the emblems a user has created, with a button to copy emblems if allowed

MEGATON. Why wasn't this in on launch!?

- Viewing someone else's emblem now only fetches the image, so the emblem cannot be copied without consent

...Well, say goodbye to people not allowing others to use their emblems, just like LittleBigPlanet.

Grief.exe

I only play Assault and It's my go to gun. Whats so bad about it?

I'm currently trying out the ACE 23 to see what the big deal is.

Its just considered noncompetitive on the PC side due to the high TTK. You are doing yourself a disservice if you use the gun.
You may still be getting kills due to bad players, one hit kill bug, or net code trades, but go up against any decent player and you are dead.

Its probably a different story on consoles as I can see them preferring low recoil weapons.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065221068877614/last/

Ps4 official changelog...

They fixed the fucking sound drop out bug!!!

Im on an iPad right now now so i cant post the log.
Its at the link.

You really can't copy/paste on ipad?

Milennia

Its just considered noncompetitive on the PC side due to the high TTK. You are doing yourself a disservice if you use the gun.
You may still be getting kills due to bad players or net code trades, but go up against any decent player and you are dead.

Its probably a different story on consoles as I can see them preferring low recoil weapons.

Not on that site for some reason.

Grief.exe

Not on that site for some reason.

I'll get it.

Dec 11 PS4 Game Update Notes
-General stability fixes that should remove a large amount of the client crashes we are currently seeing on the PS4
-Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file by doing miscellaneous changes to the save file system. These include removing the save file saving again when quitting multiplayer
-Fixed multiple crashes that could occur when bringing up the in-game Battlelog during round transition
-Fixed a crash that could occur when using the BattleScreen
-Fixed a random crash related to destroying vehicles
-Fixed minor destruction issues in the terra

Milennia

I'll get it.

Thanks, i guess its due to battlelog or something.

Not even going to look at that forum today.. After every ps4 patch its just a line of xbox users saying the same thing about how their platform hasn't received a patch yet.

(Which is fucked and crazy that they haven't, even though dice had one scheduled and just never released it supposedly)

Fire rate and damage.

Its only real decent plus is its range, which the l85 and ace 23 fill accordingly.

It does the same damage as majority of assault rifles (25 close, 18 at range). Its fire rate is slow (600 rpm) but it has bullet velocity of 650 m/s and range of 975m (equaled only by the M16A4 and bested only by the AUG).

It also has the lowest vertical recoil of any assault rifle, middle of the road side-to-side recoil, and the lowest spread increase per shot, as well as one of the lowest first shot recoil multipliers.

It's not the best up close, but it shoots laser beams at range, especially with the right attachments added. It's ridiculously easy to control.

Ah thanks brother in the swole.

Anytime, brah. Which platform do you play on?

Milennia

It does the same damage as majority of assault rifles (25 close, 18 at range). Its fire rate is slow (600 rpm) but it has bullet velocity of 650 m/s and range of 975m (equaled only by the M16A4 and bested only by the AUG).

It also has the lowest vertical recoil of any assault rifle, middle of the road side-to-side recoil, and the lowest spread increase per shot, as well as one of the lowest first shot recoil multipliers.

It's not the best up close, but it shoots laser beams at range, especially with the right attachments added. It's ridiculously easy to control.

Thats what it does... Thats it.

Its easy to control at range, thats all it has compared to good all around rifles such as the l85,m416 and ACE.

All decent fire rate, all good at a variety of ranges, not just long. Its ttk kills it.
Vertical recoil is controlled with attactchments anyway and can also be handled by the player with moderate experience with said weapon. The gun isn't used in droves for a reason compared to the 3 i have listed.
Its just not good in comparison to the best, but if its what your used to, and don't care about the utmost best guns/would rather use what you like, than go for it.

(If your decent with the 3 i have listed you could get the same range output as the sar quite easily as well)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
You may still be getting kills due to bad players, one hit kill bug, or net code trades, but go up against any decent player and you are dead.

Even on consoles I was thinking why anyone even mentions this gun - it takes so long for a kill that I feel that I gave myself two crutches to limp with on the battlefield. I tried it and dropped it a couple games later. There are many rifles that are easily better.

And let me add that most of my encounters are up close because I only play the objective and I am always on the run.

Spl1nter

People really want to find this thing

qM38pC8.png

Grief.exe

I want to make DMR's one of my top weapons, but I have to wait until they get a buff. You are just at a disadvantage at any range right now.

I know I can obviously perform some tests at the Test Range, but how do Sabot shells compare to HE overall? Is it worth switching to Sabot full-time since there's almost no dropoff, or is the damage penalty not worth it? Sabot shells are heavenly on wide open maps like Golmud, that's for sure, and when mixed with Staff shells you'd might as well be pressing an "I WIN" button when matched up against tanks with any other loadout.

I know I can obviously perform some tests at the Test Range, but how do Sabot shells compare to HE overall? Is it worth switching to Sabot full-time since there's almost no dropoff, or is the damage penalty not worth it? Sabot shells are heavenly on wide open maps like Golmud, that's for sure, and when mixed with Staff shells you'd might as well be pressing an "I WIN" button when matched up against tanks with any other loadout.

I roll with HE and staff, but I'd be interested in this as well.

I used to go with HE and cannister in BF3, but now since they've introduced the loading penalty (so you can't fire 2 shots within .5 seconds like you used to) I don't even equip anti-infantry stuff.

JJD

I think they would be too strong with those stats. Especially for an all class weapon.

That's exactly the way they were in BF3 and they were hardly a problem. Granted only recon could use then, but most ran with bolt action or PDWs. DMRs were never that popular or effective.

They need a buff, Dice nerfed DMR's damage output, recoil and damage multiplayer and only gave in return a bigger magazine.

As they are right now DMR's are by far the worst gun class.

Soldier hats confirmed!

I'm not sure about actual damage, but the speed/trajectory of Sabot makes them a must on the big maps. I switch to HE on shorter maps.

Yeah, Staff + Sabot on a long range map=win. Fun to roll this on Silk Road, using dunes for cover.

That's exactly the way they were in BF3 and they were hardly a problem. Granted only recon could use then, but most ran with bolt action or PDWs. DMRs were never that popular or effective.

They need a buff, Dice nerfed DMR's damage output, recoil and damage multiplayer and only gave in return a bigger magazine.

Yeah, they need the buff back to 50 damage at close range, like in BF3, or a major recoil adjustment.

JJD

Sabot do considerably less damage to armor than HE. You can destroy armor with just 2 shots to the back with HE, while you would need at least 3 with Sabot.

On the other hand HE shells travels considerably slower, which makes then more difficult to aim at distant targets. Dropoff is also very noticeable on HE.

I use mostly HE because I'm pretty used to it's trajectory. I can land shots at a great distance even while moving. But if you're going tank hunting on big maps you can't really go wrong with Sabot/Staff it's just easier to use.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Why is it that certain people are taking at least a full second before I get hitmarkers on them while they still put me down in the same amount of time? It's the usual culprits that I get that with in every online game I play, namely people from France with their terrible connections. Aren't dedicated servers supposed to end nonsense like this DICE?

I go negative yet I'm MVP of the match over both teams - just to show how much assist points I got that match - and no, my NAT was open as I tested it, and I have 20mb upload.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

The bone.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

*sits on SKS with 352 kills #1 in most used
granted a struggle due to the netcode and bullshit mysterious non-hitting marks

What?

I do agree they need a buff... after fixing the netcode. So I can hipfire my GDLK SKS to great effect.

Though really, DMR's should be one-hit-kill headshots like they were in BF3 IIRC. Crazy they went from "snipers" to "pew-pew-pew single-shot assault rifles."

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Why is it that certain people are taking at least a full second before I get hitmarkers on them while they still put me down in the same amount of time? It's the usual culprits that I get that with in every online game I play, namely people from France with their terrible connections. Aren't dedicated servers supposed to end nonsense like this DICE?

I go negative yet I'm MVP of the match over both teams - just to show how much assist points I got that match - and no, my NAT was open as I tested it, and I have 20mb upload.

I has that a shit ton last night. It's one of two things. Bad lag or people have found a glitch. It's only recently been happening and it mostly seems to happen when I'm using a lmg

JJD

*sits on SKS with 352 kills #1 in most used
granted a struggle due to the netcode and bullshit mysterious non-hitting marks

What?

I do agree they need a buff... after fixing the netcode. So I can hipfire my GDLK SKS to great effect.

Though really, DMR's should be one-hit-kill headshots like they were in BF3 IIRC. Crazy they went from "snipers" to "pew-pew-pew single-shot assault rifles."

That's really the issue with then right now IMO. They went from automatic sniper rifles to single shot high damaging assault rifles.

Needing 3 shots to the chest to kill an enemy right in your face is ridiculous.

LvlCap had a great video talking about the issues with DMRs right now.

abracadaver

I bought this on PC with premium. Im playing with a 7850 OC at 1080p/everything high. Im guessing at 40-60fps.

I kinda want the game on X1. Would it be a big downgrade or is it just as good on X1 ? The 720p kinda bother me though so Im not sure

oops wanted to post this in the console thread. But maybe someone here played both versions too ?

Facism

rounds like this enrage me something fierce.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/410843615375889600/180218152/

Trying the whole fucking round to get some semblance of objective play only to get shit for trying to motivate people to play the game with some brains and some sense.

Some guy even asked if i was talking or playing, in smarmy, broken English. Some guy who was doing fuck all but camping the roofs at C whilst it needed capping. Could have been an easy win if people used their heads, but in the end felt like i was doing all the legwork.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Any of you guys playing on PS4? I go home for winter break tomorrow and I'm going to be playing a ton of BF4. Feel free to add me, my PSN id is Monsterfracas_

Game seems to be running perfectly tonight (PC). Quite enjoying playing with the MTAR equipped with the silencer especially on TDM. It was quite satisfying creeping up behind those camping recon players on Flood Zone TDM.

Jut

Banned
Anyone play Hardcore? I'm looking to put together a squad. I'm on the East Coast, play at night. pm me if interested.

Milennia

rounds like this enrage me something fierce.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/410843615375889600/180218152/

Trying the whole fucking round to get some semblance of objective play only to get shit for trying to motivate people to play the game with some brains and some sense.

Some guy even asked if i was talking or playing, in smarmy, broken English. Some guy who was doing fuck all but camping the roofs at C whilst it needed capping. Could have been an easy win if people used their heads, but in the end felt like i was doing all the legwork.
Top guy on the other team put in a shit load of work for his team as well it looks like.

In terms of caps, 12 ribbons.

Grief.exe

Top guy on the other team put in a shit load of work for his team as well it looks like.

In terms of caps, 12 ribbons.

I was going to say the same thing.

Dude went 30-13 and capped 32 flags, and their squad made up the top members of that team. Your work was cut out for you going up against those guys.

aranth

TransformersHAHANO.gif

Oh, wait... wrong series. :(

But seriously: Why would you play something Battlefield isn't?

Battlefield with custom rules such as no 3d spotting, no health or vehicle regen, only spawning on squad leaders, no ammo count or health bar and 100% life. That's the best server there is, and thankfully there are quite a few of those. It promotes teamplay and not just shooting the doritos while spamming the spot key (aka the wallhack key).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom