• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Great image for the HUD clutter issue, this is so frustrating for me.

Wgrm6hy.jpg

How are you playing the maps early? I've followed a tutorial and still no dice for me :(

Pun intended.

I'll post a guide tonight, studying for a final right now.

Milennia

Wgrm6hy.jpg

Pun intended.

Its terrible.

Add in spots for all things as well... Beacon spots etc. it gets crazy.

Im unsure of how they can rectify however.
Haven't really thought about it.

Akainu

I must say this battlelog stuff is crap. I shouldn't have to go online or be in the middle of a battle to customize stuff. It's so ass backwards.

Alpende

Its terrible.

Add in spots for all things as well... Beacon spots etc. it gets crazy.

Im unsure of how they can rectify however.
Haven't really thought about it.

A while back someone on Reddit posted an image from another game in which HUD elements became transparent as you aimed at them. Might work here too.

Milennia

I must say this battlelog stuff is crap. I shouldn't have to go online or be in the middle of a battle to customize stuff. It's so ass backwards.

Their though process on these basic things this time out is just... Really questionable.

The party system and loadout menus in particular.

I understand that they want us to use battlelog.. But nobody wanted to in the first place.. It wasn't exactly a request.
It should be a luxury at best.
Im unsure of how app store revenue works, but do they make money off of that thing on phones and tablets?

Alpende

Just read this on the Battlelog Forums

We know that players on PS4 can get the "CE-34878-0 crash" error message. This is in fact a general error code that you can receive when the game has crashed for a number of different reasons that are not related.

You can help us to identify these individual issues by providing a few details in the crash report (we read all of them.) For example what game mode you were playing and on what map you crashed. Doing this will help us a lot to reproduce the issues and investigate fixes for them in upcoming patches.

We are working hard to increase the stability of the game, and you can always find the latest information here in the BF4 Control Room. Many thanks for your support!

They seem to read all of them and all I've been putting in the box is stuff like FIX IT. lol

Wgrm6hy.jpg

Pun intended.

it's pretty much why I never use iron sights.

except for one gun where it is by far my most preferred. one of the DMR's (M39 EMR). Iron sights are so good on that gun.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on the entire team using the defribilator.

For a while, I switched out the defib for one of the underbarrel attachments. Found I hardly every used it, so I've switched back to defib/med bag for my gadgets.

As long as you're not the type to revive a teammate whose body is in the middle of a fire fight, causing him to die again.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Super ridiculously belated, but my buddy Anthony and I finally got around to recording a video review for the Xbox One and PC version of the game. It can be watched here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thb_0tKW3m8

Anthony (Ajacx on GAF) snapped some Xbone footage, while I grabbed some PC stuff. Opinions are based largely on the launch quality of the game. We each give it different scores. I was sick when it was recorded, so I'm far less enthusiastic sounding than I normally am.

In other news, I've given the game a better shake over the last few days, having let it sit for a couple of weeks. A lot of my bugs seem fixed. I can now play Shanghai, and most of the lag issues are gone. So...yay I guess.

Also gave China Rising a fair shake for the first time. Brief thoughts on each of the maps.

Altai Range: Interesting layout that seems to favour long distance vehicle fire. APC dominating.
Dragon Pass: My favourite of the four. Great visual theme and balance between vehicles and infantry.
Guilin Peaks: Infantry heavy. Works a lot better than other infantry heavy maps, probably due to the wider play space. Framerate tanks in the cave.
Silk Road: Infantry at capture points. Vehicles in between. Still trying to get a feel for it.

Much like Battlefield 4 entire I'm actually pretty happy with those four maps. The game still has issues, but I do think the average quality of level design is still leagues ahead of Battlefield 3.

For a while, I switched out the defib for one of the underbarrel attachments. Found I hardly every used it, so I've switched back to defib/med bag for my gadgets.

As long as you're not the type to revive a teammate whose body is in the middle of a fire fight, causing him to die again.

I have two problems with the defib: one, firefights often go on long enough that there's no chance to revive someone unless you're just racking up defibs for points/awards. Two, when I'm not in the middle of a firefight, I'll often walk up to someone who's died and try to revive them, but it doesn't work for some reason, and by the time I can try again their body is gone. Sometimes, while I'm down there twiddling my thumbs because the revive didn't work, I get my ass shot off by a straggler or a sniper. Now we're both dead.

Strangely, the only times I bother with reviving people is Locker or the very few times I've played Rush or Obliteration. Locker has so many people dying in relatively safe situations that reviving is easy, and the other two are modes where people actually defend positions (usually people in Conquest get bored after a while or feel like they aren't contributing by capping other points so defense isn't really a thing). I still feel like the defibrillator is unreliable at best and I don't much like using it, even though I still carry it with me as an assault instead of an M320.

Milennia

Super ridiculously belated, but my buddy Anthony and I finally got around to recording a video review for the Xbox One and PC version of the game. It can be watched here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thb_0tKW3m8

Anthony (Ajacx on GAF) snapped some Xbone footage, while I grabbed some PC stuff. Opinions are based largely on the launch quality of the game. We each give it different scores. I was sick when it was recorded, so I'm far less enthusiastic sounding than I normally am.

In other news, I've given the game a better shake over the last few days, having let it sit for a couple of weeks. A lot of my bugs seem fixed. I can now play Shanghai, and most of the lag issues are gone. So...yay I guess.

Also gave China Rising a fair shake for the first time. Brief thoughts on each of the maps.

Altai Range: Interesting layout that seems to favour long distance vehicle fire. APC dominating.
Dragon Pass: My favourite of the four. Great visual theme and balance between vehicles and infantry.
Guilin Peaks: Infantry heavy. Works a lot better than other infantry heavy maps, probably due to the wider play space. Framerate tanks in the cave.
Silk Road: Infantry at capture points. Vehicles in between. Still trying to get a feel for it.

Much like Battlefield 4 entire I'm actually pretty happy with those four maps. The game still has issues, but I do think the average quality of level design is still leagues ahead of Battlefield 3.
I really enjoyed the detail in this review.

You guys touched upon pretty much everything including your favorite maps and what you liked anout them etc.

You noticed the ttk is faster across the board as well.

I agree with nearly every point made.

Best review ive seen so far for the game in terms of what was gone over and overall impressions. (So the best review i have seen lol)
All in the form of a video review no less.

(Loved the bit where you killed the cliff campers on lancang)

They really need the revive icon to pulse/flash, or change color, the closer the teammate is to permanent death. Charging paddles is such a crapshoot unless you actually saw the guy die and are right next to him.

Milennia

They really need the revive icon to pulse/flash, or change color, the closer the teammate is to permanent death. Charging paddles is such a crapshoot unless you actually saw the guy die and are right next to him.

I run with the combat medic field set.
Works wonders. Its usually why i have like 90% of the team revives each game.

(That and nobody else revives)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I really enjoyed the detail in this review.

You guys touched upon pretty much everything including your favorite maps and what you liked anout them etc.

You noticed the ttk is faster across the board as well.

I agree with nearly every point made.

Best review ive seen so far for the game in terms of what was gone over and overall impressions. (So the best review i have seen lol)
All in the form of a video review no less.

(Loved the bit where you killed the cliff campers on lancang)

Thank you :) Really appreciate the feedback.

Timu

You know, I took a break from this game a month later, had it patched, and I still get disconnects, crashing, lag, rubber banding and now bad FPS even on freaking medium on Operation Locker no less on an i5-2500k, 2 4GB 670s and 8GB RAM. Sorry but this will be the last time I pay full price for a BF game.
this is my favorite BF melee system.
Bad Company 1 had the best one, it's simple, works and no bull crap that you get with the newer BFs.

Timu

Same, no vortex (sorry Sco, it's bullshit). Frontal melees (again, Sorry Sco: Bullshit!) are countered.

Knife from side/back/flank and get a guaranteed kill: The way it should be.
Counter knifing is overpowering, lol. Nearly impossible to knife someone in the front who has total awareness, they should had shortened the time to do it to make it take a bit more skill.

You know, I took a break from this game a month later, had it patched, and I still get disconnects, crashing, lag, rubber banding and now bad FPS even on freaking medium on Operation Locker no less on an i5-2500k, 2 4GB 670s and 8GB RAM. Sorry but this will be the last time I pay full price for a BF game. Bad Company 1 had the best one, it's simple, works and no bull crap that you get with the newer BFs.

simple, works and no bullcrap?

well, you can double knife via a button combo, and the bullet damage model in that game means someone can rush and knife you from a full barrack length away and succeed.

Counter knifing is overpowering, lol. Nearly impossible to knife someone in the front who has total awareness, they should had shortened the time to do it to make it take a bit more skill.
use some skill and knife them in the back. problem solved.

scogoth

Same, no vortex (sorry Sco, it's bullshit). Frontal melees (again, Sorry Sco: Bullshit!) are countered.

Knife from side/back/flank and get a guaranteed kill: The way it should be.

If I'm close enough to you to knife without you gunning me down you deserve to be knifed. Front, back, side, doesn't matter.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If I'm close enough to you to knife without you gunning me down you deserve to be knifed. Front, back, side, doesn't matter.

From the front? From five feet away? As I'm spraying you with a bullet hose? Really?

No. The vortex in BC2 was bullshit. As far as counter-melees, same thing: Rushing me in a gun-fight shouldn't be a guaranteed kill. That said, I'll admit that the counter-window needs to be tweaked so counter-melees aren't as powerful as they are now.

terrible

Banned
I never use melee.

Same. It's 100% safer to just shoot the person.

Plus I know how much it annoys me when I see the guy who just killed me get knifed a split second after killing me. Had my teammate simply shot the guy I would have still been alive. I don't want my teammates to suffer the same fate.

Timu

simple, works and no bullcrap?

well, you can double knife via a button combo, and the bullet damage model in that game means someone can rush and knife you from a full barrack length away and succeed.

use some skill and knife them in the back. problem solved.
You only press Y/triangle it twice and you lose recovery time to knife again so that balances it out.

And most of my knife kills are in the back as well, hundreds of them even.

scogoth

From the front? From five feet away? As I'm spraying you with a bullet hose? Really?

No. The vortex in BC2 was bullshit. As far as counter-melees, same thing: Rushing me in a gun-fight shouldn't be a guaranteed kill. That said, I'll admit that the counter-window needs to be tweaked so counter-melees aren't as powerful as they are now.

You betcha! This game is about manliness and knifing someone in a gun fight is manly!
so are pancakes in the morning

but do they deserve to die?

Back and side should be one hit kills and front knife should be two swipe kill just like BF3. This whole I stabbed a guy from behind as he was camping on Mount Everest while sniping shanghai but shitty net code says he was facing me 5 seconds after the knife animation happened is stupid.

You betcha! This game is about manliness and knifing someone in a gun fight is manly!
anyone can do it that way. i just did it for lunch. that's some real man shit!

Back and side should be one hit kills and front knife should be two swipe kill just like BF3. This whole I stabbed a guy from behind as he was camping on Mount Everest while sniping shanghai but shitty net code says he was facing me 5 seconds after the knife animation happened is stupid.
yeah, but this way is way more fun for the guy getting knifed in a gunfight!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

The problem is: Knifes still vortex. I've had from behind knife-vortex chases on someone before. I blame the netcode for it.

But honestly: Why would you bring a knife to a gunfight in real-life?

The way I see it, melee works the same way it does in Halo: From the front is stupid. Flank their ass to one-hit-kill them. Just they added a VERY powerful counter to punish people (like you) that want to run around with a knife everywhere to try to vortex it in peoples faces.

Overdoziz

Banned
How do you not knife a Recon??? They're the best class to knife, sometimes I see 4 camping in one spot, ROFL.
You could shoot all four in the time it takes you to knife one. Plus, I use a silencer anyway so I'm still (fairly) stealthy.
Speaking of silencers, why are there four different silencers that all do exactly the same? It already takes long enough to unlock everything that's actually useful, we don't need more useless fluff.

Ark

My SPM has gone from 1100 to 785. My win/loss has gone from 63% to 62% and my K/D has gone up. I don't understand..

EDIT: Was it the double-exp that caused it to hit 1000? That would make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom