• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanspeed

Banned
You can change loadouts whenever you want in battlelog.
So I have to leave the game to do it? Or have a tablet sitting by(not an option for me due to no wifi upstairs)?

Why cant you just admit that it sucks to not be able to change anything in between matches, IN-GAME? lol

Seanspeed

Banned
I am on my phone but these look pretty ok
Yea, they look alright packed into a little 4" square, but full-size, there's a bit to be desired. I dare say that BF3 might actually look better overall by a small nod.

Not too surprising given that they've had to develop on 5 platforms, I guess and BF4 does have some more demanding aspects.

Still requires me to leave the game. Not the ideal solution.

I will take advantage of this, though.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So I have to leave the game to do it? Or have a tablet sitting by(not an option for me due to no wifi upstairs)?

Why cant you just admit that it sucks to not be able to change anything in between matches, IN-GAME? lol

Because that isn't what I was talking about. I don't see what the big deal is with tabbing between two windows. This is 2013, right?

On top of that how many multiplayer games let you change your loadout while the server is loading the next map? In my experience I can recall exactly ZERO games that do so. From where I'm sitting BF4 seems to have the most flexible loadout editing of any game, ever. In-game, in battlelog, on mobile, everywhere.

If you want to say it is annoying to have to connect to a server before changing your graphics settings I can agree with that being a minor annoyance that you have to deal with once or twice.

ruxtpin

Banned
Anyone on PC need an engineer for their crew, I'm game. Drop me a PM or friend request to ruxtpin. I generally play the support characters (ie I do drop ammo).

Overdoziz

Banned
Because that isn't what I was talking about. I don't see what the big deal is with tabbing between two windows. This is 2013, right?

On top of that how many multiplayer games let you change your loadout while the server is loading the next map? In my experience I can recall exactly ZERO games that do so. From where I'm sitting BF4 seems to have the most flexible loadout editing of any game, ever. In-game, in battlelog, on mobile, everywhere.

If you want to say it is annoying to have to connect to a server before changing your graphics settings I can agree with that being a minor annoyance that you have to deal with once or twice.
I think he's talking about the post-game stats screen. You should definitely be able to change loadouts there because it's essentially a minute (?) of down time which would really benefit from such a feature. It's basically a lobby screen anyway and enough games allow you to change your loadouts from that screen.

DICE's UI designers really haven't been up to snuff since BF3 though, especially for console. For instance, the amount of button combinations needed for quickly changing your loadouts settings is way too high in both BF3 and BF4. In BF4 you can't even quickly change it in the spawn screen anymore, you have to go into the loadout menu. Another thing is that for a long time after BF3s launch you couldn't even back out of games in the post-game stats screen at all. Then in BF4 there's the spawn system which is very unintuitive on console because they removed the spawn location list and the way you need to use both sticks is just confusing.

There's a lot of this kind of stuff that just makes me think that whoever designed it didn't actually understand what the players want to do while playing the game. From what I've heard DICE outsourced the UI design in BF3 (Don't know about BF4) and if that's true it's very noticeable. It seems more slapped on top of the game than actually an integrated part of it.

HariKari

I think he's talking about the post-game stats screen. You should definitely be able to change loadouts there because it's essentially a minute (?) of down time which would really benefit from such a feature. It's basically a lobby screen anyway and enough games allow you to change your loadouts from that screen.

Can't you hit backspace to access the battlelog overlay at the end of rounds?

Overdoziz

Banned
Can't you hit backspace to access the battlelog overlay at the end of rounds?
Can you actually change your loadout in that Battlelog screen on console? From what little I've seen (I disabled it pretty much straight away) all it showed was your friends activity and that kind of stuff.

kakashi08

I'm not new to PC Gaming but I never seen this before, it's my first battlefield game on the PC. Just pre-loaded the game. I have 2 shortcuts, one 64 bit one regular. I probably already know the answer but still going to ask to make it clear, since I have Windows 7 64 bit OS, I should play the 64 bit one right?
Also if I start the game by clicking on the regular will I notice any difference between the two??

Valient

I'm not new to PC Gaming but I never seen this before, it's my first battlefield game on the PC. Just pre-loaded the game. I have 2 shortcuts, one 64 bit one regular. I probably already know the answer but still going to ask to make it clear, since I have Windows 7 64 bit OS, I should play the 64 bit one right?
Also if I start the game by clicking on the regular will I notice any difference between the two??

yes you are correct, 64bit windows means you have a compatible processor so playing the game on 64bit will take advantage of that.

One big different i think is that 32bit is capped at 2 or 3.5GB of RAM usage

Use the 64bit version. I'm not sure how the difference will manifest but the 32bit version will be limited to 2GB ram usage.

Seanspeed

Banned

DICE's UI designers really haven't been up to snuff since BF3 though, especially for console. For instance, the amount of button combinations needed for quickly changing your loadouts settings is way too high in both BF3 and BF4. In BF4 you can't even quickly change it in the spawn screen anymore, you have to go into the loadout menu. Another thing is that for a long time after BF3s launch you couldn't even back out of games in the post-game stats screen at all. Then in BF4 there's the spawn system which is very unintuitive on console because they removed the spawn location list and the way you need to use both sticks is just confusing.

There's a lot of this kind of stuff that just makes me think that whoever designed it didn't actually understand what the players want to do while playing the game. From what I've heard DICE outsourced the UI design in BF3 (Don't know about BF4) and if that's true it's very noticeable. It seems more slapped on top of the game than actually an integrated part of it.
Thanks, you said it better than I would have.

HariKari

Can you actually change your loadout in that Battlelog screen on console? From what little I've seen (I disabled it pretty much straight away) all it showed was your friends activity and that kind of stuff.

You should be able to. You can also change it on the battlelog app, which is pretty handy.

is premium tied to my battlelog account ?

i want to buy it on pc and switch over to xbox on november 22

Premium is tied to one platform. Soldiers and premium do not transfer between platforms.

Only stats and other data will transfer from 360>XB1 and PS3>PS4 if you take part in the upgrade program.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
You should be able to. You can also change it on the battlelog app, which is pretty handy.

Premium is tied to one platform. Soldiers and premium do not transfer between platforms.

Only stats and other data will transfer from 360>XB1 and PS3>PS4 if you take part in the upgrade program.

Premium transfers between console types. If you purchase premium on Xbox 360 and then move to Xbox One, you keep your premium status and stats. It is the same with PS3 to PS4. There is no cross-over however and PC is separate altogether.

For reference:
UEJoXyk.png

In origin, if you right click on bf4 and go to details you will see an option for launch options. In the launch options I noticed you can set it to launch all options or you can specifically launch the x86 or x64 versions.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is the unlock time the same for everyone? Or is there an early region?

Mondy

Banned
I don't understand why, but I'm nowhere near as hyped for this game as I should be. I think I'm finally starting to suffer modern shooter burnout.

kazebyaka

Banned
Read a few opinions about singleplayer campaign on various forums. Seems like it's a bit better than BF3's, but not much except fore open environments. Looks like a good fun for a one evening. And seems like the current-gen version is very, very buggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom