• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Also if you're not confident flying a Heli, don't.

It's such a waste, hop in as a Gunner until you're trained up.

2478874-ravaged+helicopter.gif

DesertFox

Has it been announced/leaked at what levels everything get unlocked at?

Dice has said that this time, they've included a type of "training mode" that will allow you to learn to fly jets/choppers without the threat of hostile fire.

This is ideally where you should go to learn without griefing other players.

edit: beaten

Afro

i'm a spot-then-shoot person, but I'm still slightly confused by the specifics of spotting.

• what if I spot someone, but they immediately run into a building or I turn around and look the opposite direction? do they stay spotted even though they're not in my FOV?
• how many seconds do they remain spotted?
• is the enemy spotted for just my squad or the whole team?

DesertFox

i'm a spot-then-shoot person, but I'm still slightly confused by the specifics of spotting.

• what if I spot someone, but they immediately run into a building or I turn around and look the opposite direction? do they stay spotted even though they're not in my FOV?

They stay spotted for a certain amount of time. However, you can only see the triangle above their head if they you have line of sight to them. If they come back into your LOS while still spotted, you'll see the triangle again.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
There's only three things you need to do in Battlefield:

Play the fucking objective

Throw out ammo and medkits whenever you get the chance

Also, and spot whenever you get the chance as well

Here's a good guide

Probably one of the most important... don't bail on powerful vehicles. If you give one of those to the other team, you are the scrubbiest of scrubs.

1 - They remain spotted on the mini-map for a few seconds. If they come back into your view they'll be a dorito over their head again.
2 - A few seconds :p
3 - Whole team

Leb

And for the love of god don't bail on your vehicle near enemies.

Unless you're being attacked by someone with a blow torch. In that case, definitely immediately bail out of your tank and run away because there's almost no chance that the enemy engineer will hop into your tank and kill you with it.

Afro

They stay spotted for a certain amount of time. However, you can only see the triangle above their head if they you have line of sight to them. If they come back into your LOS while still spotted, you'll see the triangle again.
1 - They remain spotted on the mini-map for a few seconds. If they come back into your view they'll be a dorito over their head again.
2 - A few seconds :p
3 - Whole team

makes sense, thanks.

Unless you're being attacked by someone with a blow torch. In that case, definitely immediately bail out of your tank and run away because there's almost no chance that the enemy engineer will hop into your tank and kill you with it.

Bwahaha I've done this so many times when attacking someone's tank with the repair tool

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Also... if you see your team repairing an enemy vehicle that was bailed on, don't fucking shoot it with your main tank cannon.

lol

RulkezX

Well **** me, Simply have taken the cash, checked my paypal and they took the £ on Thursday yet no mention of the keys on the account page.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It sucks that I have to wait 2 extra weeks to play this. Might rent it on 360/PS3 if any cool dudes are getting it there.

DrTeflon

20 hours more for Asian folks. I'm shaking, can't wait to play the SP.

Are you sure? I checked earlier on a Korean vpn and it showed up as unlock time on the 28th,1pm, can anyone confirm?

Or maybe I am dumb and it is based around my computer clock

OrangeOak

Sorry that Im asking again but it's a really big problem for me.
I am hyped for this game and I really want to play it day one but I have no idea how to buy it in english.Im from poland and from what I know there is polish dubbing in this game and polish dubbings are almost always bad,besides I really like to play my games in original language.
I saw on EA forums that people from poland who bought it straight from Origin have only PL and Russian languages to chose for preload.
Does anybody here know some tricks or some other ways to buy and download english version?
Maybe there will be some trick to change language after release but I don't want to risk my money.

Kinda weird but I managed learning to fly a chopper on the BF4 beta :D

As for jets well, its really hard to shake off the enemy pilot once he's start firing behind you

sirap

Are you sure? I checked earlier on a Korean vpn and it showed up as unlock time on the 28th,1pm, can anyone confirm?

Or maybe I am dumb and it is based around my computer clock

I can confirm, since I'm actually in Singapore (well, Malaysia..but we share the same store)

18 hours 46 minutes to go!

Jord

to the guys worrying about simplycdkeys, one random guy on their facebook said they may not get their keys until the 30th or 31st. Simplycdkeys themselves say they're looking to process within the next 48 hours with the plan to send keys out tuesday.

Grain of salt because fuck knows xbone pr has shown us you can't trust the people behind the product to tell you the truth, but i thought i'd share it. Go to their facebook page, sort posts and find the post by Paul Massey, simply have their response there.

Thank you for this. Not as worried now, hopeful to see keys tomorrow.

Tekku

new Jackfrags final build impressions (plus info on when he's dropping xb1/ps4 footage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw9BgWR9qBg

Wow, what he says about the train on Golmud Railway sounds so awesome! :)

Quote:

It has a train on the rail track that runs all the way through the level, through the middle. And it also got a flag on it. If you capture the flag the train starts moving closer towards your deployment, so it's like a backwards tug-of-war over the train flag. And the train also got machine guns on it so you can defend yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom