• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afro

I'm worried about the Holo sights no longer having that perfect slight amount of zoom. Now they're the same as red dots. Is that bulky 2X magnifier that blocks the entire view my only option? Sucks there's no middle ground now between 1X and ACOG 3.4-4X zoom..

Can each member of the squad have their own field upgrades or is it controlled by the squad leader or something?

I believe each player picks their own upgrade path, but the xp required to progress through those upgrades depends on your squad score. So it's an incentive to play with your squad and help them out.

drexplora

Talkin with Origin people on the phone, the lady I spoke to said they would be opening the game servers an hour early. Not sure if its for everyone or only for people who pre ordered through Origin. Regardless sounds good 1hr head start woohoo?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Can each member of the squad have their own field upgrades or is it controlled by the squad leader or something?

You pick your own upgrade tree. It's a 4-upgrade progression. Squad actions fill the bar. So if you play together, you can fill the bar and have all upgrades active. Each soldier picks their own progression (from the list of pre-sets). No more "squad perks".

However, squad wipes will subtract from the bar... so it's possible to lose progress.

You pick your own and can swap every time you die without losing what you've gained.

I believe each player picks their own upgrade path, but the xp required to progress through those upgrades depends on your squad score. So it's an incentive to play with your squad and help them out.

You pick your own upgrade tree. It's a 4-upgrade progression. Squad actions fill the bar. So if you play together, you can fill the bar and have all upgrades active. Each soldier picks their own progression (from the list of pre-sets). No more "squad perks".

However, squad wipes will subtract from the bar... so it's possible to lose progress.

Thanks, I just kept it on Defensive in the beta. I wasn't completely clear on how it worked.

Evolved1

Defensive is pretty good.

My favorite is Recon's Spec-Ops option... makes recon a very powerful class vs infantry and ground vehicles.

As I understand all you need is to unlock the BF4 executable file with a VPN account.

Once you get that unscripted executable file anyone can use it to unlock the game earlier.

If memory don't fail me this is how it was done back on BF3.

Evolved1

Specs Ops should get nerfed. Dat sensor range boost. Too OP for someone who knows how to use it right.

I expect them to rework those trees very soon after launch.

The support trees have a bunch of redundancy (um, ammo? seriously?) and some of the options are next to useless, especially when there are very clear substitutes that would be better. Suppression resistance for the "mechanic" engineer? Lol... why? Anything would be better there.

Then you have stuff that's possibly OP... like sensor range or (what I'm most worried about) the vehicles that auto heal and repair anything in close proximity. That is going to be a nightmare.

Does Premium still transfer even if I don't buy the 360 version? I bought Premium on XBL but I'm just renting BF4 until the Xbox One version comes out. I don't mind if my stats aren't transfered over, but I'm just wondering if Premium does. Thanks!

Caffeine

the install is bigger than the download in case anyone is running out of room on ssd :p
W7BIL34.png

Afro

Specs Ops should get nerfed. Dat sensor range boost. Too OP for someone who knows how to use it right.

Just realized how effective this could be. An aggressive Recon running around with a carbine and 5 motion sensors, plus a TUGS with crazy range. May have to rethink my class setup now.

Evolved1

Just realized how effective this could be. An aggressive Recon running around with a carbine and 5 motion sensors, plus a TUGS with crazy range. May have to rethink my class setup now.

Don't forget the extra C4!!!

Facism

to the guys worrying about simplycdkeys, one random guy on their facebook said they may not get their keys until the 30th or 31st. Simplycdkeys themselves say they're looking to process within the next 48 hours with the plan to send keys out tuesday.

Grain of salt because fuck knows xbone pr has shown us you can't trust the people behind the product to tell you the truth, but i thought i'd share it. Go to their facebook page, sort posts and find the post by Paul Massey, simply have their response there.

as for recon with sensor balls, non-sniper weapons and c4, thank fuck i say. Was amazing to play an assault recon in BC2, i'm glad it's an option in BF4 again.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
which Field Upgrade is everyone using?

think I'm gonna be forced to just run Offensive considering how rarely I see a support player or an ammo pack lying round. especially with the new annoying ammo pool system.

Assault: Combat Medic. The proper medic. The only way to play.
Engineer: Mechanic. Maybe Anti-Tank depending on if we up our squad perk packs quickly.
Support: Indirect Fire.
Recon: Spec Ops.

I'm disappointed DICE didn't do a vehicle perk for Recon. Thereby I could dub this: "#TeamVehikills."

I have the PS4+BF4 bundle preordered on Amazon. Does that mean I have the game preordered aswell, including the extras that come with a preordered BF4?

I have the PS4+BF4 bundle preordered on Amazon. Does that mean I have the game preordered aswell, including the extras that come with a preordered BF4?

If you ordered from Amazon UK then yes it counts as pre ordered, and comes with the bonus content. I assume it's the same for all Amazon's?

Edit: Still another month before I can play this on PS4, I think I'm going to go mad waiting. And Dice don't you dare nerf the toy I'm looking forward to playing with in the meantime.

Mr.Fresh

Is there a guide or anything on battlefield? I always see people say that people play it wrong. I don't wanna be one of those people.

Is there a guide or anything on battlefield? I always see people say that people play it wrong. I don't wanna be one of those people.

There's only three things you need to do in Battlefield:

Play the fucking objective

Throw out ammo and medkits whenever you get the chance

Also, and spot whenever you get the chance as well

Here's a good guide

Divus

There's only three things you need to do in Battlefield:

Play the fucking objective

Throw out ammo and medkits whenever you get the chance

Also, and spot whenever you get the chance as well

Add don't block doorways and its the best guide ever.

Once you know the rules of the game mode you're playing it just comes down to not playing selfishly. Always join a squad and utilize the tools your class has to aid the team/squad. Most of it comes down to what makes sense but playing objectives and aiding the team will some times cost you a death or miss out on a kill and a lot of players don't ever want to put themselves in that position.

GJS

So are there any other cheap options left for ordering in the UK, that will allow VPN preload tonight?

Simply don't look like they will be getting their cd keys yet.

Amazon UK's cd key option is a nice price, and I've seen one person say they got their key, but no one else has confirmed that.

GMG is an option, although there's no discount code now and supposedly keys are going out tomorrow.

Marvel

could never
Also if you're not confident flying a Heli, don't.

It's such a waste, hop in as a Gunner until you're trained up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom